[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
starting this /v/ What can I expect? Is that hard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: dragon quarter.jpg (89 KB, 640x902) Image search: [Google]
dragon quarter.jpg
89 KB, 640x902
starting this /v/
What can I expect? Is that hard?
>>
oh been a long time since I played this

the way I remember it, it is rather hard to get through, but the game itself is short, the point of the game is to manage your dragonform, because every time you go into dragonform and use attacks, the counter on the screen counts up, when it's at 100%, you're gameover

so what you have to do is manage that counter, make sure not to go into dragonform more often than is necessary, try to use it sparingly until the last couple of fights at the end

I think the way the game is structured is that you start the game somewhere at the bottom of some kind of building complex/city or whatever, and you work your way up

when the game is over, you can save, and start a new game, and I think there was a safe somewhere in the game, where you can put your items in, and only when you do that before you finish the game can you take over those items into the next playthrough

the game feels very different than any other breath of fire, but once I got into it, it was really cool, every time you play through, it gets easier, and you have more freedom to play around with your dragonform, but I think there are also optional bosses that you can take on in later playthrough, that you had to avoid in earlier playthroughs because you had to be careful with your dragonform
>>
>>318774089
worst game i bought.
>>
It's BoF in name only.
Pretty good though.
>>
>>318774089
3 was fucking awesome and 4 was damn good. This one, I didn't like it much. Only BoF game i didn't finish.

BoF was all about turning into a dragon and fucking shit up and this game penalizes you for it. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Not a bad game mind you but not as good as 4 and let alone 3.
>>
>>318775204
>bought.
there is your problem
>>
A lot of neat ideas. Setting is cool and the story is actually pretty interesting once you delve into it. Combat actually requires some thought and can either be really easy or hard as fuck. There's a lot of things you can do on the field before even starting battles like setting traps and taking advantage of the environment and depending on how well you set things up fights can be a breeze.

It has all the same themes and what you would expect from a BoF game but still feels different thanks to the atmosphere and general set-up. I can see why people don't like it but I honestly think it's worth at least giving a shot.
>>
>>318775809
yeah I think some people are just disappointed it's not close enough to the other BoF titles, but I think it's cool to have something different rather than the same formula again and again
>>
It's pretty fucking good.
>>
Its one of those games you're going to play, fail at, and reincarnate a couple times before you get ahead of the game's curve.

You can bump your rating up over the course of a few incarnations, so dont stress that in the slightest, just be prepared to fail, and accept that this is part of the flow. You can also abuse dragon form for bosses, basic use of them only for those wont end your game, and the final moment in the game involves maxing it out anyways, so
>>
Are you playing on PCSX2 or real PS2 anon?
>>
>>318778084
ps2
>>
Don't be afraid to use dragon form if you're struggling with a boss battle.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.