[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dwarf fortress greentext
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 1449144971760.png (150 KB, 995x793) Image search: [Google]
1449144971760.png
150 KB, 995x793
Hey /v/ i heard some awful things about you, i usually stick to /tg/ but seeing as this is DF i think it belongs here more

Anyways on my usual board i came across pic related and decided to roll, I got 2696 and it sounded like fun so Im going to do it whatever it takes.

by the way its, Desert/Terrifying/no plump helms or eggs/ Build a pyramid to sacrifice elves in. I'll be keeping you posted every once in a while, feel free to bump with your own greentext adventures and etcetera.
>>
i just started to play,
does anyone know how water diffusion in sand works?
when i channel down in dry sand the hole fills rapidly with water; it's 3 z levels under the river, although not directly under the river.

how do i stop it?

also since you asked for greentext
>try to floodgate a corrent of magma to power up blacksmithing
>the lever chamber is not far from the floodgate and the staircase down into craft area
>i fail to pull lever in time and lava start pouring out blocking the lever
>everything is fucked.
>>
Boring as fuck, ugly as fuck.

Barebones base management sim with a shitload of complicated, superfluous detail.
>>
>>318774350
that - button is there for a reason, try it out
>>
>>318773501
if it will stop crashing some time soon
>>
>>318773980
Sounds like an aquifier. They're common around rivers. Adjacent sand tiles in the aquifier layer are producing the water. They also absorb excess water, so you can dig through it by pumping the water into a second hole in the aquifier and walling it up as you go. It's kind of a painful process but there's a step-by-step guide for it here: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Double-slit_method
>>
>>318774458
I have as much of a right to persuade people to not play this game as you have to persuade them to.
>>
>>318774350
>barebones
>shitload of complicated, superfluous detail

Make up your damn mind
>>
>>318775871
At least he actually played the game, fag.
>>
>>318775871
>implying i need to persuade people to play this game
keep trying, kiddo
>>
File: 1438585959175.jpg (807 KB, 1350x1359) Image search: [Google]
1438585959175.jpg
807 KB, 1350x1359
bumping
>>
>>318780937
>A DWARF IS IN A STRANGE MOOD
>Dwarf proceeds to make breastplates covered in cut gems and asparagus combos
>>
File: The Defective dunes.png (59 KB, 1366x738) Image search: [Google]
The Defective dunes.png
59 KB, 1366x738
>>318773501
>year 111 in The Everseeing plane
>Dwarves send us out to construct a monument to commemorate our hatred of elves
>After rigorous analysis the planners find the perfect location, a horrible dry wasteland with little vegetation to speak of only known as
>The Defective Dunes
>We embark with Zaneg, Besmar, Feb, Iton, Asen, Tekkun, and onul. Making up Inot Mirstal The Gates of Velvet

I'll be right back in another half hour or so to keep playing.
>>
Game is pretty fucked since the update
>crashing
>military don't wear armour now
>>
File: Metal_hand.png (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Metal_hand.png
19 KB, 200x200
>>318781773
>Brooke: Childnoose
Deep Metal
>>
File: Pray to Loli.png (17 KB, 640x301) Image search: [Google]
Pray to Loli.png
17 KB, 640x301
>>
>>318781773
Waiting to eagerly see what goes Defective first.
>>
File: Df military.jpg (436 KB, 1156x3832) Image search: [Google]
Df military.jpg
436 KB, 1156x3832
I can get a Fort going but any military shit flies right over my head.
I just cant make it work
>>
>>318783956
I'm still learning how to practice basic agriculture and keep a dwarf from murdering everyone after not getting everything he needs for a strange mood.
>>
does this game have graphics and mouse support yet
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.