[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of the Onimusha series? Currently playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
What does /v/ think of the Onimusha series?

Currently playing the first game via an emulator and having a blast. Are the sequels any good?
>>
I liked the first one, but it was basically just RE2: Lite.
Never got into the whole series, though. Maybe I should borrow them from my friend one day.
>>
>>318766894
Onimusha 3 was my favorite of the series
>>
>>318766894

They were a great early example of slow, deliberate, strategic third-person melee combat games. I loved playing them back in high school. My personal favorite is Dawn of Dreams. It has the most emphasis on combat and feels the least dated, due to it not borrowing as many mechanics from Resident Evil.

They were a great precursor to later similar types of melee combat games like Monster Hunter and Demon's Souls. Hell, the main reason why I wanted to play Demon's Souls on release was because the slow combat that I saw in the gameplay videos and trailers reminded me of Onimusha's combat.
>>
>>318766894

I personally like all 4 games, but a lot of people seem to dislike dawn of dreams.
>>
>>318766894
Onimusha Blade Warriors was awesome with some friends.
>>
Is it true the xbox version of Onimusha 1 added some creepy doll that would follow you around and attack you?
>>
File: 1304346516301.jpg (39 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
1304346516301.jpg
39 KB, 500x361
>>318767852

Nevermind.

Apparently it did. Now I wish I had played the xbox version.

I wonder if it was as tough as the Nemesis?
>>
>>318768206
Damn, I wish the PS2 version had that. Seems creepy and neat.
>>
i've played all 3 and recently played them on the emulator too. Great games

3rd one is alright OP

Enjoy those puzzles
>>
>>318766894
I played the shit out of the first and fourth games. My brother played the first three a lot and only briefly coop with me in the fourth.

Long story short, we enjoyed the series and would probably play any new installments.
>>
>>318766974
It was supposed to be RE3. Onimusha started development for PS1 but it took too long so they rushed out RE3 by leftover assets from RE2.
>>
File: jyubei.jpg (55 KB, 425x640) Image search: [Google]
jyubei.jpg
55 KB, 425x640
>>318766894
It gave us the best Yagyu Jyubei too.
>>
>>318766894
Get biashom sword. Rape final Boss.
>>
>>318766894
How are people here doing their Issens?

Do you Evade Issen? or Before Hit Issen? or Parry Issen?

I find it very easy to Evade Issen in 1 and 2, but I found it very easy to Parry Issen in 3 and 4.
>>
>>318766894
one of the best, consistently engaging series. up until 3, anyway. i loved every single entry, lots of memorable levels/items/weapons/secrets/bosses, everything was great really.
>>
They're all good. The 2nd one I especially remember because of how terrible the voice acting was. Dawn of Dreams is probably the best, but I remember it coming out with little to no fan fare.
>>
File: thefuckdidyousayaboutme.jpg (24 KB, 487x445) Image search: [Google]
thefuckdidyousayaboutme.jpg
24 KB, 487x445
>>318770737
No, this is the best Jubei.
>>
File: 1349360169307.png (104 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1349360169307.png
104 KB, 250x250
>>318768206
>Mfw remembering that doll.

It's been a while but I remember it being pretty damn fast and aggressive.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (11 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11 KB, 262x192
>>318772007
Only when you stop wearing toilets on your head.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.