[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I WANT TO BE THE LICH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: Lich.jpg (146 KB, 733x1089) Image search: [Google]
Lich.jpg
146 KB, 733x1089
Alright /v/,

I want to play a game where I can become the lich.
Basically, I want to be an undead wizard that

>lives in his wizard tower/dungeon/hideour/crypt/cave
>can create a phylactery to store his precious soul inside
>can become more powerful and go on adventures

WHAT DO I PLAY?

An Elder scrolls game?
Other RPGs?
Can you have a lich in dwarf fortress?

I'd be grateful for any tips!
>>
>>318760254
Probably you should play pen and paper D&D.
>>
>>318760254
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Did_I_Do_to_Deserve_This,_My_Lord%3F
Overlord is shit by the way.
>>
>>318760347

Isn't that strictly something to play with a group of people?
I am looking for something that I can just jump into whenever I have the time, which is why I was thinking of a video game.

Besides, I don't even know anybody who would be into D&D (I've never tried it myself).

>>318760495

I don't have a PSP unfortunately.

>Overlord is shit by the way.
I only played the first one on PC (I don't own any consoles), but it wasn't really that big on magic or wizard stuff in my opinion, altough I enjoyed it.
>>
>>318760254
Best bet is skyrim with the undeath mod. Game devs are boring and don't want to make games where you control an undead army.
>>
Well in Titan Quest you can become a lich guy, the game is boring as fuck though
>>
>>318760254
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup has a pretty bitchin' spell called lichform, coupled with a source of channeling it turns you into the ultimate spellcaster.
>>
>>318760254
There's a pretty lengthy and neat mod called Undeath for Skyrim that lets you transform into a lich. I'd give that a crack.
>>
in the old days of yore there was a mod in morrowind in which you actually became a lich through a long quest line (actually there were two, one of which was about illuminati and shit...you had to fight 3 liches to become one in that, it was cool). You can always summon bazillion of skellies (anyone remembers that thread about the breton female conquering vvardenfel and mournhold with her army? Only to be crashed by almalexia's AoEs ) and insert a skeleton race mod to play as one.
>>
>>318762672
here's the illuminati one:
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42658/?
Slight lore-breaking, but well done and fun

the english intradimensional fish explorer from 1700s was cool as shit.
>>
>>318760254
>WHAT DO I PLAY?

like for many other less common things, you have to play modded skyrim, get the undeath mod
>>
>>318760254
>can create a phylactery to store his precious soul inside
what do you do with this phylactery? just keep it in a room? if someone steals it while you're out conquering, is it suddenly game over? I like the idea I just don't see how the gameplay of this could work.
>>
>>318760254
Darksiders 2
WOW:WotLK
Skyrim Undeath Mod.
>>
File: Necromancer's ring.jpg (29 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Necromancer's ring.jpg
29 KB, 480x640
Going with an easier version of OP's request and asking:

What are some games (aside from Elder Scrolls, because I've played all those) where I can roll a Necromancer? Summoning skellies, raising my freshly murdered adversaries as zombie minions, etc.
>>
File: 1361383474177.gif (442 KB, 441x270) Image search: [Google]
1361383474177.gif
442 KB, 441x270
>almost 2016
>still no propa fancy-mancy graveyard prancing vidya
>>
>>318763503
Diablo II
>>
>>318763186
Generally, if your phylactery is destroyed, it doesn't kill you, it just prevents you from regenerating if your body is destroyed.
>>
>>318760956
D&D is fucking amazing, if you have people around you who may play, you should 100% try.
Otherwise, Skyrim and mods is your best option. There's even a mod dedicated to stopping a Elder Necromancer from becoming a Lich and then either destroying it or taking it for yourself.
>>
>>318760254
I think the guy who made risk of rain is working on a lich game
>>
>>318763779
Ooh. A Hoppoo Necromancer game? Sounds fun.
>>
>>318763503
Skyrim Requiem.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (272 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
272 KB, 560x560
>>318760254
lich? more like a bitch
>>
>>318760254
dworf fort and adventure mode or what it's called
>>
>>318763503
Path of Exile
>>
>>318764376
Path of Exile is a great game and example, especially if you liked Diablo 1 and 2, but felt 3 was shit.
>>
>>318763642
can you rebuild it?
>>
Age of Wonders II and III
>>
>>318763521
its because we need 1000 more zombie survival games and rehashes
>>
>>318764247
You say that shit around DJ Phylactery and he will flay your ass
>>
>>318763186
There is a base building mechanic! At first you have to come back and defend but then you become strong
>>
>>318764247
i miss ultros
>>
>>318764593
Depends on the setting. In DnD I think you just go down to your 'last life' if your phylactery is destroyed.
>>
>>318764593
If your essence escapes the phylactery, no. If it doesn't, yes.
Usually, you can make extras at the cost of several hundred thousand more people each.
>>
>>318760254
Dominions
>>
File: 1447874387177.png (43 KB, 185x185) Image search: [Google]
1447874387177.png
43 KB, 185x185
Age of wonders has pretty comfy necromancer gameplay that also includes becoming a lich, building a phylactery and being pretty fucking evil dude.
>>
File: 1429657804597.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1429657804597.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>318763503

>warlords battlecry 3

It's an RTS but probably has the best necromancer ever

>play necro
>get approached by like 50 enemies
>put my dank portal on the ground so my skellies get summoned stronger
>start summoning my skeletals
>have 50-60 skeletons in a matter of seconds for me to command
>fuck up the enemy army, constantly just resummoning skellies when mine die so i never run out

Did i mention they take practically NO damage from towers and you can up their damage to oblivion through some upgrades?

fucking radical i tell you
I'd make some webms but the game doesn't work on my PC sometimes so it's weird
>>
File: spoop.gif (362 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
spoop.gif
362 KB, 475x347
>best response is modded skyrim
what a horrible time to be alive
Granted, it's pretty good with undeath and corpse preparation, but even then you can't help but notice that the entire game world is incapable of giving a fuck about your being a lich or even a necromancer. You're still dragonbornman Mcswordshieldviking to the game.

I suppose Tales of Maj'Eyal might be alright, also Age of Wonders III with that DLC.
>>
>>318765217
Get the GoG version and the patch. That fixes almost all the problems the game has running on newer machines.
>>
>>318765027
Just Age of Wonders 1? Or one of the sequels?
>>
>>318764445
>loved D1 and 2
>Tried PoE
>Stopped after an hour
It just doesn't connect with me. I'd sooner play D2 for the 20th time than spend a day on PoE.
>>
>>318760254
>>318764247
Alright /v/agina

I want to play a game where I can become the bitch
>lives in her wizard tower/dungeon/hideout/crypt/cave
>can create a phylactate to store her precious pole inside
>can cum more powerful and go on adventures
>>
>>318765830
I want to give head in a wizard hat **
>>
>>318765603
I forgot to type 3. Only played third one.
>>
>>318765506
I got the GoG version actually and I just get MASSIVE frame issues when I start the game, it stays like that as well

Maybe I haven't patched it yet though, I thought galaxy did that automatically?
>>
File: comfy_library.jpg (608 KB, 2559x1599) Image search: [Google]
comfy_library.jpg
608 KB, 2559x1599
Why do we have literally tens (if not hundreds) of zombie survival games and not ONE good wizard/sorcercer/lich/necromancer simulator with good graphics and gameplay?

I'd play fucking solitaire before I play another zombie shooter or boring homomancer Bioshit title...

All I want is a game that let's me play as an autistic book collecting mage that walks around in this mage tower all day, collecting books and researching spells while occasionally summoning demons or throwing fireballs at bold adventurers who try to steal his shit.

ITS NOT LIKE IT'S A NEW CONCEPT

Basically, I want to be a game that revolves around being Master Neloth or a passive agressive version of Gandalf without the spastic hobbits. Is that too much to ask?

Pic related, it's the natural habitat of the shut in wizard that just wants to be left the fuck alone with his spells SHUT THE FUCKING DOOR MOM ITS NOT A PHASE
>>
>>318765027
and by lich you mean having a few black squiggly lines across your avatar. at least in 3 anyways.
>>
>>318766952
The demand is low, the market is small, etc.
While the demand for zombie shooters and shit normal fags, the people with all the money, find fun is naturally high.
If you want it, find the people to make it and raise/give them the money.
>>
>ctrl+F
>Might & Magic VII and VIII
>No results at all

Jesus fucking Christ, /v/.

It is literally games, where you run a long questlines to become a lich, you meet other liches and you can even make liches from other party members in VIII.

Am I old, or you just too young?
>>
>>318760254
Wait until cyborgs become possible IRL.

>See dead cyborg
>heavily modded body, brains and all
>get an idea
>much heavier than a normal human corpse
>manage to bring it to your hiding place
>start analyzing the brain, body, and the electronics
>use it as your first test subject to see if it can become animate
>corpses are ultimately objects, if you have the means to control the mods in the brain, you can control the body
>did manage to "start" the vocal cords were still there so it was moaning and roaring like a lifeless retard that literally made you shit your pants
>first failure towards greater success
>grab more cyborg corpses, very difficult, but the wars are your dispensers
>finally get a cyborg corpse to animate without problems, you had to add your own hardware and software to make sure nothing was fucked up
>your first servant is now fully operational, painless and emotionless, but absolutely obedient
>you and your servant find more cyborg corpses to make more servants, your hardware and software becoming even more sophisticated
>now you have a small army of undead cybernetic corpses to do your bidding
>make them blend into civilization, dig the graves of dead cyborgs, snag cyborg corpses from morgues
>upgrade yourself to become virtually ageless in a quasi-digital state as your consciousness lingers within the worldwide cloud server
>you are now a Cyber Lich that controls an entire army of undead cyborgs, your first and eldest cyborgs attaining intelligence to better control your unholy army of undead cyborgs, and developing them an invasive nanite that infects living cyborgs, ready to become your servants more easily
>>
File: 1438874358789.jpg (26 KB, 430x296) Image search: [Google]
1438874358789.jpg
26 KB, 430x296
>>318767816
I like this anon, I like this anon very much.
>>
>>318767816
Yeah, that's some pretty dope ass shit. I'd play/do it.
>>
>>318767816
You're describing a necromancer, not a lich. Learn the difference.
>>
World of Warcraft - Deathknight
>>
You can play as a Lich on Heroes 3 and raise a huge undead army with necromancy, including other liches.
>>
File: 1439045786508.png (27 KB, 625x790) Image search: [Google]
1439045786508.png
27 KB, 625x790
>>318768725
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.