[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I allowed to ask what happened to the whole "conspiracy."
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 117
File: 1409171253007.jpg (1 MB, 900x1234) Image search: [Google]
1409171253007.jpg
1 MB, 900x1234
Am I allowed to ask what happened to the whole "conspiracy." That happened a month back. Like. The whole fact that Gnoji was lieing about everything. And even though all these news sites, though shit, jumped on the bandwagon to actually defend her. I mean, would it have all be different if she denied the fact that it all happened, rather than run from it? Rather than milking out on all that what happened. I'm not doing a call to arms, mods. I just want to know what happened. I feel I can get the straightest story here, rather than on various other news sites that I'm unsure of trusting due to bias.

Erm, pic kinda related, I guess.
>>
>tl;dr version

>People looked into his story and confirmed 3 of the 5 guys.
>Those guys were all connected to the industry and either gave she who shall not be named, positive, press, awards, or influence over the media.
>There was a massive media blackout and attempt to censor the story on sites like Reddit and 4chan (the main reason why they teamed up)
>More digging found an e-mail group called Games Journo Pros where video game journalists conspired and decided what stories to and not to cover.
>It was also confirmed they blacklisted people from the site
>>
>>269066384
But wouldn't the fact that he said it was all just a hoax kind of throw away the whole thing?
>>
He never said it was a hoax, in fact, she who shall not be named actually had a court gag order placed on him to keep him from talking.

Plus there's evidence showing there is a much larger conspiracy and corruption going on.

>Because it was about corruption, the journalists and their allies quickly tried to make it about sexism and feminism
>There have been false flags and highly questionable threads made against them which they claim were made by people wanting to end corruption
>This is backed up by the fact that so far every threat has been found to have been done by a third party, or the FBI has said the threat wasn't creditable.
>Instead of engaging them head on, the anti-corruption groups are contacting advertisers telling them to cut ties with the sites.
>The biggest blow was Intel pulling out of gamer sutra
>Gawker (parent company of kotaku) lost their shit and called any advertiser who pulled their money from sites 'craven idiots'
>>
>>269066796
Fuck man. For a guy who wants to go into marketing for this shit, I want to just take a stance of "Shut up and play video games." But now i feel I cant, and I need to choose a side.
>>
File: 1412736306881.png (1 MB, 1532x2661) Image search: [Google]
1412736306881.png
1 MB, 1532x2661
>>269066931
The current industry is shit and just about everyone hates it except for the journalists who profit off it. But due to the public influence they have on opinion, developers just can't come out and say they support anti-corruption since they'd be branded as sexist and their games would reviewed more harshly.

if you need to choose a side, make up your own mind after looking up all the facts. The only problem is both sides want you to think the central core of the debate is on something different. corruption vs sexism.

Not even 4chan is immune to this. Moot has ties to a girl who runs a PR firm for Gawker and is banning all discussion on this on sight for weeks too.
>>
File: 1411995817938.jpg (38 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1411995817938.jpg
38 KB, 500x375
>>269066796
I didn't care much about watergate, until EVERYTHING about it started getting shut down everywhere, even here on 4chan

in any case it's still forbidden to discuss that here, I suggest you go to another place to talk about it, though 4+4 chan is the only place I know you can talk about it and not get banned/whatever
>>
File: 1413301839704.png (1 MB, 1598x8372) Image search: [Google]
1413301839704.png
1 MB, 1598x8372
>>269067778
I refuse to go there because a lot of people who still post here are still anti-corruption and every board is shitting on moot for the decision.

That only place is just 7chan 2.0 and will be irrelevant after this all ends
>>
>>269067661
So I either be a mysoginist, or a sjw. It's a pretty tough choice.
>>
>>269065914
>Am I allowed to ask what happened to the whole "conspiracy."

No. Expect this thread being deleted in a couple of minutes.

This is the future we chose.
>>
>>269068108
>I refuse to go there because a lot of people who still post here are still anti-corruption and every board is shitting on moot for the decision.

just watch how much shit you'll get here for trying to bring this into attention

>That only place is just 7chan 2.0 and will be irrelevant after this all ends
as if I wanted to promote it at all

I'm just providing means for discussing the problem. I have 0 loyalty to brands, websites, and whatnot. I do however, want to see the current gaming media to stop existing as it is, completely corrupt and purely an advertising machine.

And I recommend you don't limit yourself to 4chan (or any other website) for this. People must know the truth, as in, fucking facts, not distortions. Manfred von Karma would be proud of these so called 'SJWs'

>>269068286
if going for actual equality (not this ridiculous twisted equality SJWs aim for) is being a mysoginist, you can call me that till I die
>>
File: page2captainamerica.jpg (111 KB, 605x984) Image search: [Google]
page2captainamerica.jpg
111 KB, 605x984
>>269068286
I'll put it this way.

>Do you like Anita and what she does?
>Do you like Kotaku and their brand of journalism?
>Do you like to shout down opposing viewpoints?
>Are you pro censorship?
>Do you some form of
If you said no to a majority of those things, you'll probably fit on the misogynist side.

>>269068617
We're currently being 'occupied' by SJWer shitposters. However I've posted on /pol/ as a leftist, the SJWers don't hold a candle to them in arguments and the best they can do is group shame.

I know I should go to other sites, but it's a matter of pride. 4chan is a shithole, but it's my shithole. And you got to know where to make a stand.
>>
>>269069063
>I know I should go to other sites, but it's a matter of pride. 4chan is a shithole, but it's my shithole. And you got to know where to make a stand.

That's like refusing to be idort because of brand loyalty.

Tip: exchanging useful and important information with other websites is easy, free and takes little to no time. You don't need to start browsing other websites regularly for weeks to be able to find a section dedicated to this issue (or any other for that matter), everything is piss easy nowadays. And once we 'win', everybody can go back to our regular schedules. Though 'winning' would mean that SJWs and retarded women have finally shut up, and that'll never fucking happen
>>
>>269069430
It's more akin to don't leave your house if it gets invaded by giga nigga Tyrone.
You stand up and fight.
>>
>>269069693
and you also call the neighbours and tell them about Tyrone's vile schemes, and they look out the window and tell you how many stones he's carrying to try breaking your windows
>>
>>269068286
You don't need to be either, anon. At the end of the day, we're all here to talk about games. Not politics.
>>
>>269069863
But what happened was Tryone took over your house and invited all his buddies, you either get your friends to fight to kick them out. Or run like a scared to pussy to your friend's place to bitch about tryone as he trashes your house.
>>
>>269069982
I don't understand why you think that fighting in all fronts means you're abandoning one of them
>>
>>269069982
You're probably shit in PvP anon, you clearly don't know how to retreat
>>
and they call SJWs shitposters
>>
>>269068108
It brings a smile to my face to see that even now, there is still hope for man.
>>
File: ETHICS.jpg (123 KB, 448x740) Image search: [Google]
ETHICS.jpg
123 KB, 448x740
it's about ethics in journalism you guys
>>
>>269070547
http://www.clickhole.com/article/summary-gamergate-movement-we-will-immediately-cha-1241
>>
>>269070287
>>269070053
I'm not the cut and run type when it comes to something that actually matters. You can flee, but don't expect me to join you.

There are no continues or reset button for this game.
>>
>>269070693
>http://www.clickhole.com/article/summary-gamergate-movement-we-will-immediately-cha-1241
pretty funny
>>
>>269070974
It's sad that there were that many angry tumblrettes in the world that they were able to continually false flag to the point where parody article like that could even exist.

That's the problem with "anonymous" movements. Anyone can use any amount of numbers they have to paint a picture of you so far removed from reality that no one will take you seriously.
>>
GG was an eventual causility as a natural response to the unopposed power general SJW have on the populous. Think about it:

Both bodies do or have:
-Noble intentions
-Fanatics
-focus on miniscule issues versus the larger global issue
-Lack any actual organization
-Are being exploited for profit

To be a member of either of these factions is pointless now. The war has started and will continue for a while. Unless there is a sizable factor in either on of the parties or if they break from the assets listed about them, this war will be a standstill
>>
Here's a nice chart of what happened.

http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/336432/The-GamerGate-Chronicles/#vars!date=2014-08-15_06:38:35!
>>
>>269071105
LMAO! A movement that tries to drive outlets of opposing opinions into financial ruin by pressuring their business partners into abandoning cooperation can't pull "muh false flagging."
>>
>>269065914
Not here. Not anymore.
>>
>>269071361
And a movement that creates and continues corruption by accusing anyone who questions it of sexism, misogyny, pedophilia, etc. can't really cry about false flagging, especially when they've been doing it since the whole scandal broke.
>>
>>269070547
[citation needed]
>>
>>269071221
>focus on miniscule issues versus the larger global issue

How can we solve ANYTHING if we can't make journos in the hobby we love make the goddamn thing they supposed be doing?
There is no sex or class war.
There is information war.
>>
>>269071646
Brownshirting is a whole other issue from financial sabotage, which is why that article is great. It's from the perspective of an outlet that exists to present facts and opinions, and its view is that gamergate is dangerous and will try to censor dissent via ruining everyone who gives them bad press.
>>
>>269071361
>a movement that, after trying to rationally discuss with the opposition just to be latter portrayed by that opposition as misogynists, violent sockpuppets, had to end up using the last resource a consumer can pull off to be heard: the boicott

There. Fixed just for you.
>>
>>269071960
Gamergate IS the dissent.
And they tried to censor it pretty hard.
>>
It didn't matter what Zoe Quin said. There was always going to be a witch hunt. People still lap up any conspiracy theory they find and use it as concrete evidence to act like a shit.

It's a little sad that you feel like you can get the news here. It's only a good place if you really want to satisfy a confirmation bias.
>>
>>269071960
Except that the "other side" is just as guilty of doing this, and has been doing it for quite a bit longer, hence the whole sordid "corruption in journalism" mess.

Apparently even game devs aren't immune from this.
>>
>>269072290
Oh, so where should we be getting our news from?
>>
>>269071960
>gamergate is dangerous

For who? For those who paint GG as a bunch of misogynerds virgin pedophiles, like the Gawker article said yesterday?

Seems like a fine case of "talk shit, get hit".
>>
>>269072263
Gamergate is not fucking dissent.

No one is forcing anything on gamergate. If it was about an actualy boycott, where people would stop looking at sites instead of sneaking in through archives and snapshots, they could complain.

Gamergaters have plenty of choices on where to go for game reviews, with even more that have sprung up now (and are unsurprisingly shitty). The fact that they're contacting advertisers of sites they don't like and trying to hurt profit from consumers that actually VISIT AND LIKE the site make it pretty clear that it's not about dissent, its about vindictiveness.
>>
>>269072335
>BUT THEY STARTED IT!

Are you six years old?
>>
>>269071951
A woman is not equal to a man in terms of societal standing. This is a generalized statement but one that rings home to many in workplaces that include labor, managerial positions, or positions of power in general

This has nothing to do with video games.

Their issues lie in global societies, not the benality of video games.

To that effect, the niche genre of videgame journalism is undershadowing a much larger issue

Corruption in all levels in journalism exist, and takes steps when one of the smaller, more insignificant branches has an issue.

This movement will never go anywhere unless you stop cutting off heads of hydras. Hit the body. Cut off its legs. Stab it in its heart until its dead.
>>
Why doesn't gg just try to make that kind of journalism illegal instead of simply destroying one company?
>>
>>269072335
No, its not.

Please, give me an example of a gaming journalism site shutting down other journalism.

Take your time.
>>
thanks yo that image i wil never anjoy another mario game again thanks OP i fucking hate you
>>
>>269072445
I don't know, TMZ?

This is soap opera grade drama, I'm not sure why you're so interested in someone's personal life.
>>
>>269072647

Please, give me an example of a GamerGaters shutting down a journalism site.

Take your time.
>>
>>269072643
Because gg is a joke, and all they can do is lash out at sites they don't like because absolutely no one will take them seriously.
>>
>>269072445
From Kotaku, Polygon, Ars Technica, etc.

Aren't those specialized gaming outlets? Why don't you read your news there, goy-I mean, guys?
What? gameJournoPros? What's that?
>>
God I regret starting this thread.
>>
>>269072258
>rationally discuss

No matter how many times you repeat it, 2+2 does not = 5.

People were here for the original posts....we remember exactly what it was about. "LOL LOOK AT THIS WHORE!!!" was basically what it was all about. If it had been about anything but attacking a female soft target, the threads would have focused on the guys that actually (allegedly) abused their positions.

But they were not, they were all about ZQ.

You can pretend that reality is different, but you can't actually change it.
>>
>>269072592
I'm sorry, what?

>>269072745
I'm not interested in anyone's personal life. What gave you the idea that I was?
>>
>>269072779
Any of the comments from gamergaters saying "We don't care about dialogue, we just want to watch them burn now".

The sustained attempt to remove advertisers from sites that have opinions gamergaters don't like.

I don't know man, did you just start following this debacle?
>>
>>269072915
Then why do you think the sex life of a no-name developer who releases there game for free is noteworthy?

You're saying one thing and doing another.
>>
>>269072647
Its not censorship, but the GG tactics and how closely they mimic SJW.SJW had a standing prior to gamergate and is able to use its power to wipe any unseenly tactics under the rug.

This "movement" needed to take as much precaution as possible, but didn't. You had dissentors that threatened the lives of SJW. You never established a power structure and continued to be disorganized. You have no movement, just a bunch of 20 somethings bickering on twitter. You had something before with the boycotts, but now you just have the blind leading the blind
>>
>>269072502
God, you are so fucking retarded. When a press outlet is not allowed to express certain opinions without fearing sabotage, their press freedom is inhibited. This is not simply a matter of drawing attention to misconduct or misrepresenting a group, but foregoing public pressure and directly attacking the press entity. Since more than one person seems to arduously defend this kind of behavior in this thread, I have to assume that yours isn't a minority opinion in the movement.
>>
>>269072643
Kill yourself you retarded faggot. We're winning and Gawker is bleeding money. Just kill yourself you fucking retarded cunt.
>>
>>269072643
Because journos shielded themselves behind the always-successful shield of muh soggy knees.

It's almost like a caricature, where people congregate to say "hey, you're corrupt", journos say "no, you're a misogynist" and then everyone else, instead of saying "what the fuck does that has to do with you being corrupt", say "yeah, you're all a bunch of misogynerds".

It's almost surreal.
>>
>>269073035
SJWs have never done anything like this.

SJW vocally complain, I don't see how you can confuse that with angry emails to advertisers of sites you don't even read, trying to get them to shut down.
>>
>>269072947
>The sustained attempt to remove advertisers from sites that have opinions gamergaters don't like.

This is somehow less corrupt than using your "journalistic" outlets to paint your opposition as "misogynerds" and pedophiles? Not to mention that ignoring that, you're still left with the matter of positive press coming from the exploitation of personal relationships. I think this is the crux of the whole "ethics" argument.

>>269073034
I don't think it's noteworthy. Again, what on earth makes you think I do?
>>
>>269073192
This is the perfect example of gamergate.

They have no ideological goals, they have no stated objectives. They're just a bunch of angsty people that want to lash out at something, and SJW's happened to be a good scapegoat.
>>
>>269072887
>No matter how many times you repeat it, 2+2 does not = 5

Just Listen and Believe, you silly CIS scum.
>>
>>269073192
>We're winning and Gawker is bleeding money

It's plainly obvious that this is a childish personal vendetta instead of an actual campaign for stronger ethics. Fucking children.
>>
>>269073296
How do you know he's a GGfag to begin with? Hell, how do we know the post you're responding to isn't your own?
>>
>>269065914
It's banned across all of 4chan because official word is it "got too big". I'm shocked this thread is still up.

Just go to infinity chan's gg board to learn EVERYTHING. Draw your own conclusions.
>>
>>269072887
>we remember exactly what it was about

Yeah, it was about a whore who slept with 5 guys, one of them being Nathan Grayson.
And from that point everyone started following the bread trails until finding what we know now.
LW was just the spark that ignited the hatred we all felt for gaming journalism since WAAAAAY BEFORE she appeared. And that was her purpose, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>269073247
You asked where you should get your news about the Zoe Quin thing after I pointed out you would only find confirmation bias here.

That was my first reply in this chain.

Also, you seem to be under the impression that these journalistic outlets are calling you names. Lets ignore the discussion of whether or not they're actually doing that. How is shutting them down for calling you names a measured response?

Also, everything you're holding up as proof about ZQ is a pretty clear conspiracy theory.
>>
>>269073392
Anyone can join or tout they are.

No accountability dude. Its a risk you get when everyone isn't accountable for what they do or say
>>
File: 1393730799334.jpg (17 KB, 288x287) Image search: [Google]
1393730799334.jpg
17 KB, 288x287
>>269065914
You can't talk about things going on in vidya here. We're under martial law until GG goes away.
>>
>>269073392
>How do you know he's gamergate?
>He said we're winning and gawkers bleeding money
>You're claiming you're a part of my movement but I don't like you therefore I'll call you a false flag.
>>
>>269073689
>you would only find confirmation bias here.

You're disproving that point. If a topic gets enough attention on 4chan, you'll always find someone who has dissenting views.
>>
>>269073196
That doesn't make any sense. What does them crying "Mysoginy!" have to do with that?

If you want to stop clickbaiting gaming journalism you need to go and push for laws that actually make it illegal. Otherwise there's just going to be another company that will focus on clickbaiting once the major ones die from gg's efforts. It's also one of the reasons why so few people take gg seriously: To them it looks like a bunch of angry gamers that don't like gawker media articles.
>>
>>269073038
>God, you are so fucking retarded

What a compelling argument.

>When a press outlet is not allowed to express certain opinions without fearing sabotage, their press freedom is inhibited

You mean... there might be consequences for what I write and say? Holy gee! I never thought about that in my life back in San Francisco!

Aout the rest of the post, my point stand still: talk shit, get hit.
>>
>>269073296
>This is the perfect example of gamergate

Yeah. All of the other posts above this one doesn't matter at all.
>>
>>269073689
I'm not under the impression that anyone is calling me names. I'm not a part of GamerGate.

Name-calling aside, that doesn't seem to be the issue here. Rather, it seems that the issue is accusations of journalistic corruption being deflected with a "you're a sexist!" shield.

Also, what makes you think the ZQ stuff is a conspiracy theory, rather than an actual one?
>>
>>269073918
Because mysoginy can be vastly found in almost anything. For example: "This cup is mysoginistic because its too heavy. I am a woman and I shouldn't have to have the muscle strength of an average man to lift this cup."

Its so easy to throw it up. It's like telling someone they're "projecting". There is very little to counter that than outright denial.
>>
>>269073689
He asked about GamerGate, not about LW's personal life.

But you almost deflected the question! Keep at it and you might write for Gawker in the future... if it still exists, that is.
>>
>>269074048
Of course they don't! The only post that matters is the one they made so they can cry about muh soggy knees and ignore the corruption allegations.
>>
It's an argument about ethics in game journalism vs female hatred in games and the games industry,

Add a load of shitheads to both sides, combined with the fact both sides can't aven agree on an issue to argue about and the whole thing is a pointless storm of stupidity and hate.
>>
>>269073918
>That doesn't make any sense. What does them crying "Mysoginy!" have to do with that?

You tell me; they're the ones trying to spin the story after that.
>>
>>269073968
>You mean... there might be consequences for what I write and say?

There's a difference between getting negative attention or losing readers and someone sabotaging your company by directly pressuring sponsors.

You know, a while ago a German newspaper printed a poem critical of Israel by a nobel prize laureate for literature. The backlash was huge, and a lot of Israelis urged to censor it and pushed to declare the writer a persona non grata. Political leaders all over the world told Israel to calm their fucking tits, because TRYING TO RUIN SOMEONE FOR CRITICIZING YOU IS A CHILDISH AND STUPID OVERREACTION!
>>
>>269074364
Why do people keep trying to bring this back to a matter of being criticized? Is this just an attempt to further push the matter away from corruption?
>>
>>269074164
>>269074332
I agree with that but that still doesn't answer my question why gg only targets one company instead of trying to make this kind of journalism illegal.
>>
>>269073918
>If you want to stop clickbaiting gaming journalism you need to go and push for laws that actually make it illegal

That's not gonna happen. People have enough freedom of speech to keep doing this.
>>
>>269074364
This. Everyone is open to criticism. People do not have the right to act childish or irrational because they are being criticized IMO. SJWs or Israeli's are not immune same as GGs or Palestinians.
>>
>>269074506
To mess with the law is actually pretty difficult; even more if you try to go against one of the amedments of the U. S. of A.
>>
>>269069063
>Critically analyzing and calling out sexism in games
>Asking developers to be more self-aware of stereotypes so they can widen their appeal
>Censorship
>>
>>269074506
Its too unorganized honestly... I'd love it if the movement went beyond videogame journalism, but people wanna stick to their niches.
>>
>>269073968
Using your reasoning, anyone who gets beheaded for depicting Mohammad has it coming.

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GAMERGATE
>>
File: allkinds.png (108 KB, 398x360) Image search: [Google]
allkinds.png
108 KB, 398x360
>there seems to be some fairly compelling evidence of corruption in your journalistic circles, what say you?
>YOU"RE JUST FUCKING MAD THAT WE'RE CRITICIZING YOU, PISSBABY!

Huh?
>>
i really wish everybody would just stop talking and giving these people attention.
yeah i know ignoring something doesn't make it go away bit i really couldn't care less or want to hear about what they are doing any more. just go play some games.
>>
>>269074791
>please just stop paying attention to what we're doing!
>you're going to ruin everything! just go away!

No.
>>
>>269074504
Half of the fights stemming from tumblr or online boards are because people dont want to handle criticism in a rational way. Anonymity affords people to act like... assholes. But no serious discussion can be had when people cannot be accountable for what they say. Why do you think /vg/ exists?
>>
>>269074364
Except we're not talking about a Nobel prize winner doing a poem here. We're talking about persons who're trying to evade a dishonest action they made by being even more dishonest and faking shit, slandering their consumers and the public in general.

As a consumer, what you have to do to not be step in the face by the large corporations? You attack their wallets.
>>
>>269074852
i dont know what you are trying to imply here.
I think GG is in the right and its for a good cause but im just tired of having to see these shitty journalists articles and hear all this drama every time i open /v/
>>
>>269074894
Why does this only apply to /vg/ instead of the entirety of 4chan?
>>
File: 1346098867961.jpg (77 KB, 281x341) Image search: [Google]
1346098867961.jpg
77 KB, 281x341
>>269065914
A small group of anons picked out an article that was found on /r9k/ and used it as the foundation for their crusade against a single corrupt journalist. They garnered support by posting threads in /pol/, /v/ and sometimes on /co/. For roughly ten days there was a call to arms, each thread beginning with obvious "I'm out of the loop, fill me in" styles of posting. Inflammatory videos were also common, spreading misinformation and gossip(see: IA).

Moot eventually had to put his foot down after it was apparent that someone was using 4chan as their own personal army. There was a large blowout from this, many anons claiming that moot was literally in bed with this woman and that there was a gigantic conspiracy taking place. These same anons kept trying to spread the political clickbait by making info-graphics, hijacking threads and generally trying to make the same threads without explicitly discussing the topic. They were very similar to this thread.

The 'movement' or whatever they call it is now in a state of decline. People are getting tired of talking about it, and a little bit of critical thinking will tell you that most of this shit won't matter in a few months. Corruption in vidya journalism has been a thing for literally a decade, and it will continue to exist for as long as AAA gaming exists. Shitposting won't change that.
>>
>>269074978
good point
>>
>>269074729
Hey... psshhh...

One of those acts is actually a crime. Can you tell what of those are?
It might be difficult for you, so I'll give you some time.
>>
>>269074504
There is a huge number of people in GG who mainly use the movement to attack something they hate. Ethics to them are a buzzword or they don't care about them at all. They just want to see essjaydubyas suffer. If this were actually about ethics, and if the movement weren't retarded, this would have happend:

>GG opts to bring attention to corruption by garnering momentum on blogs and social media
>GG let's articulate people do the talking and get in touch with different media outlets
>the parties involved in the alllegations of corruption will have to respond and react to them by declaring what they are going to do to change their conduct or get bad reactions from readers and the press
>>
>>269074680
Her idea of sexism is making women look anything less than untouchable and perfect.
>>
>>269074767
What's more mind-boggling is that the public in general isn't questioning them.

I don't even know what the fuck is going on with people these days.
>>
>>269075067
What? Killing a person for saying something or assaulting a person for saying something?
>>
>>269074987
>CORRUPTION HAS ALWAYS BEEN AROUND GUYS
>SO DON'T EVEN TRY TO CHANGE IT THAT'S JUST PATHETIC
>JUST SIT BACK AND ACCEPT THAT IT WILL ALWAYS BE HERE :^)
>>
>>269070859
>dude this isn't running away
>lol you're fleeling
>why the fuck do you even think it's running away?
>lol you're fleeing

you're insane
>>
>>269074791
If you don't care, what are you doing here?
Anyway, I'll fight for you, brother. And you'll play vidya for me.
This is our pact.
>>
>>269075067
To the person who does the beheading, it would be a greater crime to let the person who depicted Mohammad live. Laws are not universal constants, kiddo.
>>
>>269075274
If you legitimately cared about gaming journalism after all these years you are a verifiable retard.
>>
>>269075202
The problem is that you can't question them, they have a bulletproof sexism shield. You question what they're doing, and you're suddenly a misogynist or a pedophile, possibly both, and the labels are going to stick to you like glue.

Just ask any GamerGater. ;^)
>>
>>269074894
>But no serious discussion can be had when people cannot be accountable for what they say

Au contraire, mon amie. We discuss based on the arguments exposed, rather than the identification of an individual.
That's the beauty of anonimity, where your words are the only factor to take into consideration in an argument.
>>
>>269074956
Ten you might be out of the loop for a while, dude. Because these threads are being banned since like 2 months ago.

That doesn't impedes the resistance to live, though.
>>
File: 1393721887115.jpg (170 KB, 416x474) Image search: [Google]
1393721887115.jpg
170 KB, 416x474
>>269075413
I hate having to explain this shit.
When these sites give shit reviews because of idelogical bullshit their metactitic rating suffers
For smaller devs that is very bad, because their bonuses are dependent on said metacritic rating
Most of the time these bonuses are the difference between life and death for the dev. If this goes unchecked then it'll just lead to devs shoehorning social justice bullshit to appease the retards. And if you agree with that then fucking hell I don't know what to say
>>
>>269074894
>But no serious discussion can be had when people cannot be accountable for what they say

When intelligent people are involved in an anonymous discussion, it's going to be much more fruitful than any real life public discussion because no one is scared of making arguments that will make you lose credit. There is a lot more namecalling, and people will rarely if ever concede that you are right about anything, but the things you read stick with you. You won't change your mind immediately after, but that is not the point of debate. You might revisit the discussion in a week and come to the conclusion that you were wrong about a lot of things.
>>
>>269074987
>The 'movement' or whatever they call it is now in a state of declin

I love how people are saying this since day one, and they always end up like the end of the world prophecies.
>>
>>269075273
>assaulting a person for saying something?

Show me the GG assaults that have happened since it began.

I'll wait here.
>>
>>269075865
It's pathetic that so many people think debates are a match where there are losers and winners.
>>
>>269075994
You must be really bad at defending your bullshit, huh?
>>
>>269075573
These arguments are DERIVED from identified individuals. Such as new outlets, blogs, press releases ect. You can have free and open discussions without the fear of societal bias with anonymity, but good luck orchestating things on a grander scale.

Thats the problem with anonymous userbases with the twinge of social activism; they're all talk until they're asked to stand for something without a mask on.
>>
File: 1389547945709.gif (487 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1389547945709.gif
487 KB, 480x360
>>269075319
>kiddo

Every time.
>>
>>269076109
Eight out of ten times people say that I was right about everything and they walk away embarrassed if I have a debate with them. 4chan is really frustrating in this regard, but it helps your rhetorical skills.
>>
>>269076253
Not him, but he was right. And you know it.
>>
>>269076275
It's pathetic that so many people think debates are a match where there are losers and winners.
>>
>>269075994
You should probably look up the definition of "debate".
>>
>>269076304
Yeah, totally not him.

by the way, I made a picture of Mohammed licking his own penis and the police haven't got to my head to behead me yet.
Guess it must be because I'm a kiddo, amirite?
>>
>>269076436
I'm not saying that it's right that that is my intention when I debate someone, but that is what happens.

>>269076515
Debates are often treated as contests, but that is ridiculous. It's not like having better rhetorical skills makes you right, and people will not agree on who is the winner, anyway. There are no winners. There can't be winners. The idea is stupid, detrimental, pointless, and leads to intellectual incest.
>>
>>269075849
>I hate having to explain this shit.
You're breathing life into this very same system by paying attention to videogame journalism. You would do better to combat this very same problem by encouraging others to spread good games by word of mouth instead of crucifying a single woman. Bad publicity is still publicity.
>>
>>269076703
How the fuck are you still alive

o thats right, you don't live in saudi arabia!

nigger
>>
>>269076825
>crucifying a single woman

What in the name of Allah are you talking about?
>>
>>269076901
>you don't live in saudi arabia

I love the >implying game, anon!

But you could've won a lot more points if you also called me a misogynerd or a pedophile.
>>
>>269076703
Yeah, I'm not him, though. You're just embarrassed that he completely blew you the fuck out. I just thought pointing out your sad attempt at damage control was funny.

Got another le ebin meemay pic for that? ;^)
>>
>>269076954
Are we talking about a different vidya gaming journalism movement here?
>>
File: 1374660435583.jpg (21 KB, 313x235) Image search: [Google]
1374660435583.jpg
21 KB, 313x235
>>269076825
I just explained exactly why this is bigger than you or me. It doesn't matter how many people don't pay attention, the system will still break devs because they don't toe the line
Also, you do realize that with the games I'm talking about the sales go to the publishers not the devs? So no matter how much you spread the word, they'll still get nothing and get shafted. All because of the journos
>>
>>269076703
>if i pretend that i didn't understand his argument, then i didn't get btfo, r-right g-gaiz?!?

No.
>>
>>269077104
I'm totally not him, too, but I'm just gonna post passive-aggresively instead of making any further arguments because I'm buttblasted ;^)
>>
>>269076703
You're missing the point. The reasoning presented in >>269073968 suggests that it's the responsibility of the threatened when someone who uses threats follows through with those threats. It doesn't matter whether it's the threat of violence or financial sabotage, it's the responsibility of the person who carries out that threat if and when they do.
>>
>>269077143
I have yet to see GG crucify a woman. They even ignore them by sayin "Literally Who?" because they don't want to have anything to do with them.
>>
>>269075285
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>269077367
I got blown the fuck out like a little bitch, so I'm going to accuse everyone of samefagging in an attempt to soothe my butthurt. ;^)
>>
>>269077550
you talk as if people are less retarded in the rest of the internet, or even in real life for that matter
>>
>>269077578
Seems to be working.
>>
>>269077536
>I have yet to see GG crucify a woman
Except for a bomb threat.
>>
File: 1413847946003.jpg (269 KB, 1260x1800) Image search: [Google]
1413847946003.jpg
269 KB, 1260x1800
>>269075849
Literally all of you idiots pretending this was a legitimate cause only got so "politically active" because this involved a woman who cheated on someone who happened to be from a movement a few individuals have convinced you to hate (SJW's).

You never spoke up or gave any serious shits when it was people provably taking bribes and ad money. You just let yourselves get needlessly triggered by how much cuckold fantasies hurt your feelings, and you used this whole fuck-job as an excuse to drive women out of gaming.

The last straw was that a woman was doing something men had been doing for decades. Not only had she "stolen" your hobby, she had stolen "fucking around for an advantage in the industry".

You're a bunch of dumb faggots pretending you were doing something important. Don't imagine yourselves to actual be people who care about gaming.
>>
>>269077642
You must be a samefag, bro.
>>
File: 1272263301030.png (3 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1272263301030.png
3 KB, 128x128
>>269077152
>It doesn't matter how many people don't pay attention
What if it was everyone?
>>
>>269077758
>stop calling people out on lack of ethics, that'll make things better!

at least you have good taste on ass
>>
>>269077450
That post looks pretty passive aggresive, but what I can get from it is that if you post an opinion wherever, you must stand with the consequences that opinion might carry.
From you depends what kind of reaction that opinion will have. For example, if you post "I hate niggers" in Facebook while having a bunch of hood friends, or following another... er, "argument" from here, if you post a Mohammed picture where he's licking his penis and you live in Saudi Arabia, you are inciting a reaction on the people that is receiving your message.

In this case, Gawker media totally wanted a reaction from gamers. And they're getting a response.
>>
>>269077758
>she had stolen "fucking around for an advantage in the industry".
Men fuck around to get an advantage in the vidya industry?
>>
File: Mr meezavier.png (313 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Mr meezavier.png
313 KB, 720x720
Speaking from experience, GamerGate is a bit like Scottish Independence.
>Both sides think they are objectively right
>Both accuse the other side of using scare tactics, false points, e.t.c.
>Both right off the other as being complete dickheads, irredeemable beyond all reason
>One side is mainly liberal, the other conservative
>Both think they know what's best and decide to speak for everyone
>The side with the silent majority that will only do anything when push comes to shove will win in the end, that being GG of course.
>We'll all move on, after empty promises are given but never, ever acted upon
>>
>>269077738
I haven't heard that one. Who was attacked? It was linked to GG? Did it blew up? Who got killed? The culprit was arrested?
>>
File: 1366737103345.gif (2 MB, 171x167) Image search: [Google]
1366737103345.gif
2 MB, 171x167
>>269077883
I love how people bounce between crippling pessimism and retarded optimism depending on what they're talking about
So instead of emails and trying to nail them for actually illegal shit your plan is for absolutely everyone to ignore them.
Woo. You get right on that. Just don't be surprised when people go with what actually works
>>
>>269078165
Calm down, kiddo.
>>
>>269077758
>Literally

Great way to filter posts.

Also, the Dorito Pope doesn't exists. Great!
>>
File: 1253253786990.jpg (61 KB, 428x230) Image search: [Google]
1253253786990.jpg
61 KB, 428x230
>>269078275
>I love how people bounce between crippling pessimism and retarded optimism depending on what they're talking about
That was my first post in this thread though..
>>
File: 1413862263281.jpg (305 KB, 1061x1500) Image search: [Google]
1413862263281.jpg
305 KB, 1061x1500
>>269078024
Fine. Let me call you out on your lack of ethics.

You don't give a shit about morality or ethics or videogames until someone you dislike is doing something. You sit around rubbing your greasy dick apathetically until enough dipshits gather around to tell you how much you should hate some nigger or some cunt when the people you actually should have hated was all the other people who came before them to established that that behavior was the norm.

Notice that we didn't hear any stories about Nathan Grayson getting death-threats, despite the fact that he is the more objectionable scum-bag in the GG conspiracy; of course someone was willing to fuck for good press. That's literally their job. And yet it's HIS job to not let that sort of thing happen.

You're a pathetic little shit pretending you cared.
>>
File: 10101010.gif (29 KB, 700x561) Image search: [Google]
10101010.gif
29 KB, 700x561
It was a fad, Gamer Gate fags scared off 90% of the regulars that came and left idiots from twitter and reddit here to make /v/ into the bag of shit it is now.
>>
>>269078315
Please, don't bring me to your shitposting war with the other retard.
Argue my points instead, mon amie.
>>
>>269078534
Out of curiosity, do you actually believe there's a problem with ethics in journalism? I don't care about harassment or what you think about anything or anyone else, I want to know what you think
>>
File: 1413870734723.jpg (227 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
1413870734723.jpg
227 KB, 500x599
>>269078175
We fuck with our dollars or with "exclusive press coverage". You faggots don't even remember how Kojima and Konami were refusing to give anyone a review copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 (a piece of shit game) if they didn't post an insanely positive and controlled review of it early.

He basically offered them a snaggle-toothed blowjob in the form of an ACTUAL game that mattered, to hundreds of sites. Yet you faggots sure forgot that shit the moment an ugly cunt gave her sloppy concave hole to five guys.

Fake activists using 4chan as a personal army are sickening.
>>
>>269078583
I was a regular and the one who scared me away was moot, not gg.
>>
>>269078846
Different anon here, but yes, there's a very clear problem with ethics in vidya journalism, most noticeably the fact that they use the terms 'journalism' and 'journalist' to describe marketing and marketers.
>>
>>269078583
I think u mena
> Gamer Gate fags were 90% of the regulars that came and now that they're gone there's only idiots from twitter and reddit here to make /v/ into the bag of shit it is now.
>>
>>269078583
If GGfags seriously scared anyone off /v/, I'd be amazed that the people they scared came here to begin with.
>>
>>269078534
first and foremost, I'm not a big part of the movement, I didn't research stuff, I just checked sources before reading and watching videos about the subject

that out of the way, do you honestly believe that the GGfags not being able or wanting to do GG as it 100% should be (as in, in a flawed way) is worse than them not doing it at all?

do you believe the corrupt journo should get away scott free?

if not, why don't you just sit back and watch the GGfags bring truth out from the corrupt journalism?

if you do, and you're calling shit out on not being 100% completely perfectly moral, then tell me, are you 100% completely perfectly moral? of course not, because you're in favor of the corruption
>>
File: triggered.jpg (22 KB, 265x308) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
22 KB, 265x308
>>269078679
But you are the other retard, mon amie.

Here >>269076253 we see that "kiddo" is one of your triggers, and in >>269077367 we see that calling it "passive aggressive" is how you cope.
>>
>>269078870
By that logic, buying a game is paying for sex and piracy is rape.
>>
>>269078583
>into the bag of shit it is now.
/v/ has been a bag of shit for some time now, predating GG. It's just that GG has added to the pile.
>>
File: 1413834431320.png (592 KB, 720x408) Image search: [Google]
1413834431320.png
592 KB, 720x408
Gamer Gate will die down, its just some petty internet crusade, fucking gross how faggots kinda ruined /v/ over such a NOTHING controversy.
>>
>>269079039
>triggers

10/10, I don't even know if you're being ironic or not anymore...
>>
>>269078870
And who's fault is that?
Also I think the key difference is that it started with indie corruption. Everyone knows AAA is bullshit but now we've got allegations that the indie scene is corrupt.
And I know for sure who's fault is that
>>
>>269079243
>such a NOTHING controversy.

>game developer SLEEPING WITH REVIEWERS is not controversial

:^)
>>
>>269065914
Here's a 60 second version of everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipcWm4B3EU4
>>
File: gawker sponsors.jpg (268 KB, 671x1384) Image search: [Google]
gawker sponsors.jpg
268 KB, 671x1384
>>269065914

lol at Gawker getting a taste of it's own medicine.
>>
File: 1413855568843.jpg (245 KB, 1042x1448) Image search: [Google]
1413855568843.jpg
245 KB, 1042x1448
>>269078846
Journalism doesn't matter anymore, and this certainly wasn't about journalistic integrity.

Reviewers have been a joke since everyone started noticing how often sites (or fuck, magazines) had giant full-site integrated ads for piece of shit games in the same fucking space as "amazing interview with the head of fag-game! EXCLUSIVE!"

This didn't expose a lick of corruption, and assholes at Kotaku of all fucking places (my most hated site in gaming) were right when they stated shit about Zoe fucking an ugly dipshit who wrote one article about her; that shit didn't prove a fucking thing about "journalism", it just proved something about what happens when a bunch of stupid little shits spend months harassing some ugly bitch. Spoiler: She'll end up getting a lot of sympathy because it's pretty shitty to hear about a bit-player doing small scale ethical violations getting hundreds of threats a day.

If you cared about gaming and its greater relevance, you'd -stop giving a fucking shit- about reviews. Stop legitimizing such piece of shit leeching little industries by imagining that they matter enough to have ethics.
>>
File: shill.jpg (14 KB, 299x322) Image search: [Google]
shill.jpg
14 KB, 299x322
>>269076825
>crucifying a single woman

lol caught ya
>>
File: ultramarine_age_origins.jpg (437 KB, 780x918) Image search: [Google]
ultramarine_age_origins.jpg
437 KB, 780x918
>>269079276
At least you didn't deny the samefag. That's a start.

Sorry for triggering you, though.
>>
>>269070547
is this a new epic meme
>>
File: 1364620480546.gif (2 MB, 236x132) Image search: [Google]
1364620480546.gif
2 MB, 236x132
People have always hated these journalists and have always talked shit to them. Now though it's a "movement". It has a face, one that people can point at to use as more fodder for shit-flinging. Thanks guys.

Has anything even changed? Pulling an ad or two means nothing in the long run as long as the sites you despise are still as "strong" as ever.
>>
File: 1412981471356.gif (1 MB, 350x220) Image search: [Google]
1412981471356.gif
1 MB, 350x220
>>269079331
>and whose fault is that

It's not fucking Zoe Quinns or women's or SJW's.

Surprise; it's your fault for making review sites so important within gaming culture that you've forgotten they're just fucking magazine ads in website form.
>>
>>269079438
>ignoring the problem will surely make it disappear!
>>
>>269079438
> an ugly dipshit who wrote one article about her; that shit didn't prove a fucking thing about "journalism", i
Except the dipshit she fucked being a journalist writting advertisement for LW DOES say a lot about journalism.
>>
File: seinfeld-wars.jpg (248 KB, 929x1400) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld-wars.jpg
248 KB, 929x1400
>>269079369
>Game developer
>"depression quest is a game!"
Are you homosex or female?
That thing she made isn't a game, and its free.
>>
File: smug bananas.png (131 KB, 368x264) Image search: [Google]
smug bananas.png
131 KB, 368x264
>>269079438

Are there people who seriously think covering their ears and sitting fetal will make a problem stop?
>>
>>269079438
>journalism doesn't matter anymore
>>269075849
Jewtubers will replace some functions but they don't give scores. The system will still stand
>>
>>269079669
This is passive aggressive and problematic. It also triggered me.
>>
File: litterally cunt.png (249 KB, 614x991) Image search: [Google]
litterally cunt.png
249 KB, 614x991
allow me to explain everything
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2457qz_zoe-quinn-dating-simulator-64_videogames
>>
>>269079438

>Journalism doesn't matter anymore

Nigger are you fucking kidding me? Tons of people rely on reviews. Hell, everytime a review for a big game comes out it's fucking plastered all over /v/.
>>
>>269078165
The reaction you can expect when you release content says a lot about the context in which it's released. In the case of gawker, expecting to be financially sabotaged when accusing elements of gamergate of condoning misogyny kind of proves their point.
>>
File: 846.png (31 KB, 595x453) Image search: [Google]
846.png
31 KB, 595x453
>>269070547
Just as a heads up, this is the current SJW nonsensical smear tactic.

Their asses are bleeding and they need to vent their rage.
>>
>>269079718
I think he means vidya journalism specifically. Certainly it's abundantly clear that vidya journalism is actually just marketing, basically the polar opposite of journalism.
>>
>>269079569
So, what you're implying is that it's the developers that make video games are at fault here, because if they didn't make games, then we wouldn't even have video game journalism in the first place.

Okay.
>>
File: I didn't vote for him.jpg (33 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
I didn't vote for him.jpg
33 KB, 720x480
>>269078275
You're affirming what we've known for years you dingus. This self regulating system of bullshit will continue to exist so long as you give it a reason to exist. Ignoring it is the easiest way to discourage it.
>>
>>269079872
I know exactly what he meant. He's wrong
>>
>>269079852
>Bob_Chipman
>Movie Bob
>The guy who said there are no bad targets, only bad results
>>
File: 4chan.org.jpg (324 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4chan.org.jpg
324 KB, 1280x720
>>269074506
I don't understand this line of thinking. Wikileaks has been pushing it as well. I don't think most of gamergate wants to save the world and topple the highest echelons of power. I don't think they CAN, for that matter. The amount of legal bullshit necessary is absurd, and history of uncovering severe corruption at the top and taking the men and women responsible to task has proven to either end in amazing failure or succeed, only to have corruption show up again not many years later.

Of course, that can happen just as well with the games industry without a push for "actual justice" but at least if there's a significant controversy that lasts long enough we can always point back to it as a precedent as to why journalists, bullying SJWs, and "devs" should change their tactics. A kind of "don't do this shit, it helps nobody on a practical level (money loss, audience loss, image loss)".
>>
>"Review sites don't matter!"
>Every time you see a commercial on TV or an ad for a game on a website, it has shit like "10/10 - IGN" plasted on it for credibility

>"It's just harassment!"
>the most active members of GG don't even target Zoe anymore, they target advertisers of sites like Kotaku and Destructoid

>"If you ignore it, it will go away!"
>this has been true of absolutely nothing throughout history, least of all a network of integrity-deprived assholes trying to control a venue of mass media
>>
File: 1413753089579.jpg (45 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1413753089579.jpg
45 KB, 350x350
>>269078996
>bring truth out of journalists

Truth about what? That an ugly boring man will fuck an ugly fucked up woman and then write about his fuck friend glowingly -one time-, still clearly emanating nasty fuck?

What greater truth did this woman provide about the industry?

This was just a fucking excuse to talk about how much you all hate "gamer grrllls". I was in the first thread where the cuckolded boyfriend (who I still empathize with and understand why he did what he did) posted shit about all of this.

All it proved was that Zoe was an asshole and someone who shouldn't be dated. It didn't prove corruption, nor did it invite the internet to go on a rampage against women who want to make games.

You faggots just tacked on that story after the fact as an excuse to have Chanology 2.0 so you could have an excuse to arm-chair protest nothing at all.

You're all worse than Zoe or Dorito's pope in terms of legitimizing shitty practices in gaming; you made sites like Kotaku of all fucking places, where "sponser ads" are hidden as normal news stories and where fat bitches complain about sex-standards in gaming one post above "hot cosplaying titties" posts, look good within the eyes of people not embittered in 4chan bullshit.

Fuck you dumb shits for ruining this hobby and board for probably the next decade while every single person who buys games is questioned as a sociopathic gender-phobic spaz.
>>
>review sites
>not pirating games or trying your buddy's copy first
>thinking journo's are important
>basically get paid by game devs to give good scores
>"NOW THAT A WOMEN IS INVOLVED GAMING SITES ARE REALLY IMPORTANT."
Really now, before GG NOBODY talked about any game site that wasn't "LOL look how slow kotaku is!" or "IGN has a shitty review!" but now that some random indie bitch slept with 5 un-important guys you all think gaming journalism needs to be "SAVED!" Please, if anyone wanted to "save" journalism they would make their own site, not just bitch about how corrupt the current ones are and doing nothing beyond complaining somewhere else.
>>
>>269068286
How the fuck is watergate sexxist?
Are you just saying that because you're told that by the media?
>>
>>269080065
And it's only getting worse.
I'm seriously arguing with someone who thinks gamergate's tactics won't work, but convincing everyone to ignore something will.
fucking genius. I'm saying it again. Don't be surprised when people go for what can actually do some damage
>>
File: 1413839206987.jpg (67 KB, 543x504) Image search: [Google]
1413839206987.jpg
67 KB, 543x504
>>269080046
>It's your fault for getting so butt flustered about nothing.
>"WHAT, YOU MEAN IT'S GAME DEVELOPER's FAULTS!?"

Congratulations on your inability to read. You were a paragon of the GG movement, InternetAristocrate Jr.
>>
>>269080205
Shh, it hip to hate things.
>>
>>269080339
Ok.
>>
>>269074987
>Corruption in vidya journalism has been a thing for literally a decade, and it will continue to exist for as long as AAA gaming exists. Shitposting won't change that.

Finally, someone gets it.

"Hey, we're all for ethics in games journalism" - "Okay, what are your demands?" - "journos should stop being shills and insulting gamers and having industry contacts!"
>>
>>269080205
I don't think it needs to be saved. I think it's fine exactly the way it is.

I think the people who take it seriously are the ones who need to be saved. Or wiped out. Or ignored.
>>
File: 1295422568044.jpg (127 KB, 480x366) Image search: [Google]
1295422568044.jpg
127 KB, 480x366
>>269079438
>>269078870
>>269077758
>Actually defending Gawker

I hope you don't do it for free. How's the taste of sucking a multi-million dollar corporate cock?
>>
>>269080172
>What greater truth did this woman provide about the industry?

That journalists who write about games can be easily bought out

That Gawker affiliates don't do research and write based on what makes money

That the review system is basically a big circlejerk; you pay for a good review, you sell tons of copies, which next time lets you pay for a better review with more people, which sells you more copies...
>>
>>269079569
I need the sauce on the gif. Please.
>>
File: 1413619249536.png (336 KB, 441x853) Image search: [Google]
1413619249536.png
336 KB, 441x853
Just a reminder that one of the leaders of the social fascists was caught red handed trying to false flag.

The dates are important because she wasn't known at all when the image was originally created.
>>
>>269080438
I'd be fine if they stopped calling their industry 'journalism.'
>>
File: 1370144729403.png (108 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1370144729403.png
108 KB, 480x480
>>269080172
Can you name any previous controversies where the indie scene was revealed to be that corrupt and incestuous?
You're grouping the AAA industry and the indie industry together. Again
>>
File: 1325752639354.jpg (42 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
1325752639354.jpg
42 KB, 205x205
>all these pessimist, lazy retards

Probably the same faggots who make "tfw no gf" threads.
>>
>>269080594
ebik, you sure owned those nerds :)
>>
>>269065914
Why the fuck are you using that image? Jontron backed down from SJW's because they threatened his jewtube dollars.
>>
File: 1413493251663.png (906 KB, 1276x1280) Image search: [Google]
1413493251663.png
906 KB, 1276x1280
>>269080336
>we went for what actual did damage
To one person, and then your own cause.

By getting advertisers to pull from "SJW sites", of which EVERYTHING has been labeled thanks to you faggots, your just making them less relevant.

All you stupid jews had to do was -not care about reviews by dipshit corrupt media outlets-. That's all you had to do. Instead, you cheered on people harassing 10% of the gaming population for not wanting to be insulted every time they mention they like games.

You made us look like dumb niggers, you dumb nigger.
>>
File: 1413714017667.png (381 KB, 487x819) Image search: [Google]
1413714017667.png
381 KB, 487x819
>>269080445
Gawker is a joke and should fade into obscurity.

GG made Gawker look reasonable by comparison. You gave them MONTHS of free material to write about. You fags did the impossible.
>>
File: 1414094994913.png (37 KB, 675x371) Image search: [Google]
1414094994913.png
37 KB, 675x371
>>269080594

More like damage control shills hired by Gawker. Remember they have admitted to come here and now that anons have targeted their sponsors they are more worried than ever.
>>
>>269080336
And whose fault is that? Is it the people who just want to try a videogame that's fun or those that need to look up gamespot reviews to catch up on the latest videogame drama?
>>
File: 1414131209663.gif (2 MB, 255x222) Image search: [Google]
1414131209663.gif
2 MB, 255x222
>>269080768
>GG made Gawker look reasonable by comparison

What an awesome shitpost, gold star.
>>
File: 1413948317804.png (29 KB, 751x902) Image search: [Google]
1413948317804.png
29 KB, 751x902
>>269080670

I can't tell if you're a $10 shill or actually this retarded.

What problem in all of human history has been solved by ignoring it until "it went away?" For fuck's sake, this mindset is supposed to be discarded by age ten.
>>
>>269080670
I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not.
I know we had some stupid people on here before, but really? It's gotten this fucking bad?
>>
File: _homu.gif (21 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
_homu.gif
21 KB, 300x309
>>269076825
>if you stop paying attention to journalism, so will everyone else all of a sudden!
>>
File: 1252526477059.png (119 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1252526477059.png
119 KB, 640x400
>Gamer Gate thread
>Hasn't been deleted immediately
>The PR shills and SJW flying monkeys are being told left and right by the truth
Hey Moot, maybe you should join the winning side and people MIGHT forgive you for being a giant faggot
>>
File: 1412345478565.jpg (114 KB, 772x1080) Image search: [Google]
1412345478565.jpg
114 KB, 772x1080
>>269080594
>heh, all those people who think women are human-beings and think this whole fucking crusade against SJWs is retarded must not have any girlfriends. High five, InternetAristocrate and /pol/.
>would you let me suck your dick, e-celebrity who said something bigoted? Mmm.

You're adorable, anon-chan.
>>
File: botting.png (76 KB, 799x481) Image search: [Google]
botting.png
76 KB, 799x481
>>269080594
Shills

Pic related for what shills look like, follow the links.

Here is another link NOT PIC RELATED, but a 2nd shill.

https://archive.moe/v/search/text/How%20does%20this%20have%20anything%20to%20do%20with%20video%20games/page/1/

See, its real.
>>
>>269080949
moot broke up with his gawker girlfriend after she cucked him too hard

even /jp/ blew him the fuck out
>>
>>269080956

No, retard, he is saying you make those threads because you are too lazy to go solve the problem yourself
>>
>>269074729
>>269074680
>>269074364
>>269073689
Hey mod. Before you dox and post it along with my selfie on this thread, let me tell you this:

You are a sad person. You make me sad. Grief just takes over whenever I think about low-lives like you. Everytime I think that I've seen something truly pathetic, your surpass my expectations by being even more, pathetic. I hope you die alone in a hole muddy when nobody's looking. You have earned this.

K thanks bye.
>>
>>269080594
They're not full pessimists. It's one thing to say nothing will change. It's quite another to claim that ignoring the problem will make it go away
>>269080670
>making them less relevant
I'm not really seeing the issue. Did you mean to say more relevant?
Also expecting everyone else to ignore something when you do is the height of unrealistic expectations.
But hey, if you don't like it you can always try to ignore me and will me out of existence
>>
>>269081048
link?
>>
>>269081048
>moot broke up with his gawker girlfriend
source?
>>
>>269078534
Why on Earth should people who aren't journalist adhere to the journalist code of ethics?

That said, I've been shocked to find people who aren't journalists tend to be more ethical than actual journalists. I'm not just talking about video game ones.
>>
File: 1414096790751.gif (1 MB, 1430x3138) Image search: [Google]
1414096790751.gif
1 MB, 1430x3138
>>269080768
>GG made Gawker look reasonable by comparison.

Yeah right, by digging deeper and deeper the hole they are in. Only dumbfucks would actually trust the word of a corrupt media conglomerate that has had plenty of shady dealings, rallied internet lynch mobs, doxxed people, pulled sponsors from their enemies, asking favors to have people they don't like banned from reddit (like Julian Assange)...

All the shit they condemn they have done themselves. Pic related.
>>
>>269080670
>you cheered on people harassing 10% of the gaming population
Who was doing that, and being cheered on? Be specific with your accusations, or apologize.
>>
>>269080065
>just ignore us, we promise we'll go away!

Somehow I doubt it.
>>
File: 1405838295432.png (224 KB, 365x365) Image search: [Google]
1405838295432.png
224 KB, 365x365
>>269081109
>Grief just takes over whenever I think about low-lives like you.

*tips fedora* Very well put, m'good sir.
>>
>>269079438
Dude stop posting pics of babes you faggot I'm tryna not fap
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (41 KB, 582x167) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
41 KB, 582x167
>>269081335

cool image bro

enjoy that vacation
>>
File: 1249094025637.png (169 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1249094025637.png
169 KB, 750x750
If GamerGate is such a non issue why is it still going on after nearly three months?
>>
File: 1411579518190.jpg (778 KB, 1791x2000) Image search: [Google]
1411579518190.jpg
778 KB, 1791x2000
>>269080172
>calling journos out on corruption is now ruining videogames

you're hilarious and a Zoey's advocate
>>
>>269081443
Awwwwwwww Did I hurt your tiny feelings :(
>>
File: 69348.jpg (86 KB, 553x465) Image search: [Google]
69348.jpg
86 KB, 553x465
ayy

l m a o
m
a
o
>>
File: 1414074381400.png (259 KB, 1012x831) Image search: [Google]
1414074381400.png
259 KB, 1012x831
>>269081335
>>269080768
>>269080126
>>269079438
>>269078870
>>269078534
Don't you have horse fucker pictures to post ms. shill?

You want to know what's freaky? SJWers have been targeting the horsefuckers, a demographic that was created as a direct result of their actions. That's fucked up
>>
>>269080594
Oh look a SJW anti-gg bullying and shaming social anxiety and virgins.

What a surprise, it's almost as if social justice is just a way for idiots to feel morally superior while harassing people who think differently than them
>>
>>269081351
When you think kicking and screaming about a complex issue will make it go away I'm not surprised. .
>>
>>269081487

I love how he's posting porn to try to fit in. What a retarded paid shill.
>>
>>269081563
Also they insulted intel, one of the larger corporations in the world. If they say 'pull out of gawker, they're dead' everyone else now has license to do it.
>>
>>269081579
why did you quote me >>269080126
>>
>>269081563

BASED COLGATE.
>>
>>269081585

I'm pretty sure that post was for GG.
>>
File: 1411390439341.jpg (38 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1411390439341.jpg
38 KB, 384x288
>>269081563
IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
>>269081561

I was not insulting you, fellow supreme gentleman.
>>
>>269081327
The entirety of the GG movement. The fact that you've created a battle not against the media, but against SJWs. The fact that every single day, /v/ is now 30% posts accusing about 30 women working in the industry of "being cancerous" to gaming because they're releasing shitty games about feelings.

The fact that every fucking e-celebrity that used to just be talked about on the basis of their content is now being re-assessed on wether or not they agree that SJWs should be removed from gaming (even though the earliest games we gave a shit about, like the original Wasteland, dealt with topics like sexism and gender and race all the fucking time).

The fact that a faggot like Jon-Tron, who grew up rich as fuck in Palos Verdes California and routinely shills for fucking e-book sites just to get some extra greed cash, gets herolded as an "everyman gamer" because he says some nasty shit about niggers and women tells you a lot about how little you faggots actually care about "journalistic integrity".

You're just looking for some sycophants to agree with whatever shit you want to believe in.

4chan as a personal army. Same shit that's been going on since 2005.
>>
>>269081563
Jesus Christ, I'm so happy this shit is working.
>>
File: 1414169008752[1].png (399 KB, 1303x1023) Image search: [Google]
1414169008752[1].png
399 KB, 1303x1023
Reminder that SJWs, especially the ones who call themselves "journalists," should be thrown in the trash.
>>
>>269081927
It's our right as consumers. These blogger fucktards aren't invincible.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 117

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.