[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The evil within
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg (21 KB, 295x336) Image search: [Google]
The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg
21 KB, 295x336
Guys, is this game good? It's got a good price right now.
Should I get the base game or the one with the season pass?
>>
anyone?
>>
Yes. Short version: It's RE4 without melee prompts and the enemies aren't pushovers until you have proper gear. The game is atmospheric and campy as hell. Also, enemies sometimes live without their faces after you blow them off, induced panic mode for me a couple times.
The DLCs were unexpectedly good, except the 3rd one, you play as one of the semi-boss enemies and literally walk up to enemies and left click them to death, it's neat for an hour or so; it gets boring quickly and the only thing keeping it interesting are the character upgrades.

The story is not meant to make any kind of damn sense until the last third of the game. Even then, it takes the 2 DLCs where you play as Kidman to really wrap up the plot.
>>
>>318439361
Not him but I was on the fence about the game until now. I will be buying that and Wolfenstien New Order tonight.
>>
>>318439361
Thanks!
My PC is potato and I run Shadow of Mordor well enough. How heavy is Evil Within?
>>
>>318439554
Anyone here?
>>
>>318439554
It used to be REALLY unoptimized, patches took away the FPS limit and letter boxing. The game is mostly linear, so you might not have an issue. From what I've seen of Shadow of Mordor, there are a lot of units on screen in big open areas, I wouldn't imagine Evil Within causing an issue.

Also, UPGRADE SPRINT WHEN YOU CAN. Sebastian can't sprint for more than 3 seconds at the start of the game and the enemies can get really aggressive later on. The game features upgrades for the main character and individual weapons. The variety weapon is the Crossbow which can be loaded with different types of Crossbow Bolts (Flash bolts are godly at saving your ass).
>>
>>318440080
Thanks a lot. I also run the Batman games well enough.

Also: I'm thinking about getting Witcher 3 too. Is it too heavy?
>>
>>318440346
Haven't played Witcher 3 yet. Better off asking if a Witcher 3 thread pops up. If you ran Shadow of Mordor on Ultra, I would imagine you'd would run Witcher 3 at Normal settings at the worst.
>>
>>318438534
Only on a good PC

console controls ruin it, framerate issues ruin it, the black bars ruin it
>>
>>318440080
Are those official patches you're talking about or do I have to mod that stuff myself?
>>
better RE game than 5 and 6 were

resources are really scarce in the beginning but theres some interesting mechanics like sneaking and using your environment to avoid or kill enemies. though obviously near the end your packing some firepower

my only real problems were it not being spooky enough (though there are some good parts) and the game toning down the ammo scarcity during the second half. also some of the upgrades are weird. melee damage and sniper headshot damage are useless but turning the pistol into a headshot machine and pretty much any crossbow upgrades break the fucking game
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.