[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xenoblade Chronicles X Hype
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84
File: xcx_metacritic.png (56 KB, 415x197) Image search: [Google]
xcx_metacritic.png
56 KB, 415x197
Pretty nice, let's get a thread going
>>
>>318447420
Squads are the "passive" multiplayer feature of Xenoblade X. At any moment as long as your Wii U is actively connected to the internet, you will be loosely connected with 31 other players also adventuring on Mira, making a 32 person squad that is actively connected to one another in a handful of ways. First thing of note, this does not mean you can see their actual avatars adventuring around the world a'la an actual MMORPG, but what it does mean is the following...

You can't see the actual players, but you can see NPC versions of their avatars adventuring around the world. When you see them, you can interact with them, and even invite them to your party. They will earn experience (for the actual player), and you gain a temporary, and possibly quite valuable (depending on their level) ally. I believe their membership in your party expires after a couple of hours so do as much as you can with them to get the most out of their help (assuming their character is equipped lvl/gear-wise to help you).
>>
>>318447589
You can send messages out for your entire squad to see. You might do this for a few reasons, to give some advice about something you've found, or in general just send out a message because you're feeling social. Everyone in your squad has the ability to "+1" your messages, and messages that receive a lot of +1's will be broadcast to the entire playerbase.

You can hold a "Treasure Deal" that anyone in your squad can opt-in to participate in. This is sort of like trading but less direct. When you find an item you don't need but feel it would be a waste to just throw away, you can put the item up for a Treasure Deal to your squad. People will opt-in and basically it's a dice roll for the item between everyone who opted in.

You can also choose to see the achievement spam of everyone in your squad but this is a really spammy feature that many people actually turn off. Me personally I wouldn't recommend it but some people get a sense of "liveliness" seeing that other people are earning things in their midst, so to speak. Sometimes you can see people earn an achievement and be like "Oh, how do I get that one?", or "Wow they have an achievement for that?!". Achievements are novelty by definition so this function isn't really helpful for anything other than trying to promote that "community" feeling of the world being alive.
>>
>>318447704
The last purpose of squads are Squad Tasks. Every 2 hours (cmiiw) you receive 5 objectives. If you've seen any footage of XBCX you'll often notice the UI for it in the bottom right. A selection of 5 monsters and/or gatherables and a counter under each one, showin the progress. Players within your squad must work together to clear these squad objectives by killing the according number of monsters or collecting materials that the counter dictates. Whenever you clear each of the 5 objectives, it will increase the number of Squad Missions you can run when you teleport back to NLA and check the mission counter. More on Squad Missions later.
Sometimes the objectives can be difficult to find, so even if you're being a lazy fart, if you happen upon the right objective mobs that people don't seem to be killing, send out a squad-wide message telling everyone where you found it! This happens a lot in the JP version and it's massively helpful in conducting a quick and easy objective clear.
Clearing Squad Tasks will net your entire squad goodies, so it's in your benefit to work with your squad to clear them.
>>
File: 1448383141190.png (29 KB, 331x52) Image search: [Google]
1448383141190.png
29 KB, 331x52
I'd be more hyped if the English dub wasnt absolute fucking garbage. Seriously one of the worst I've heard in years. The entire cast is just a bunch of shitters. Not to mention all the script changes and ridiculous NoA shit like pic related with their retarded puns.
>hurrr this is good writing
Treehouse shouldn't be allowed to work on the sequels. Let them handle Tomodachi Life and Mario and shit. NoJ should just force them to outsource to an actually competent localization company so this crap doesnt happen again. Fucking embarrassing how bad this dub is.
>>
>>318447812
Squad Missions

This is the main multiplayer-related component of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Once you pop any of the 5 squad tasks spoken about in the above text, it will unlock a number of missions at the blade mission board back at your BLADE HQ. These missions can be tackled in a party of up to 4 real players, which is formed through invites which can be sent out simply by scanning a list of your entire squad. You can observe all 31 of your squad mates' levels, class, gear, and make a decision whether you'd like to invite them or not. No matter where they are on planet mira, they can accept your invite, however they can also decline if they wish not to run a mission with you so try to invite as many friends as you can for maximum fun. If you are unable to fill your party, you may fill gaps in your party with any of your BLADE NPC characters such as Elma or Lin. It is possible to enter these missions by yourself, simply accompanied by 3 NPCs, and some of the easier missions are cleared easily in this way, but with higher level/more difficult missions you will want to bring as many actual human players as you can in your party for reasons I will explain later.
>>
>>318448006
Clearing 1 out of 5 tasks will often unlock a low level mission or two at the mission table, this might discourage you to hear, but no fear! Monolith Soft was aware of this conundrum, so they've incorporated level scaling for every single multiplayer mission. That means if you're level 50, and you go in to a multiplayer mission that was designated as lvl 20 difficulty, you will be scaled down to something like lvl 25 or so. This means that while you will still reap the benefits of your earned arts, gear, and of course your practical experience, it isn't an utter and complete face-roll for you, which would make running these missions pointless. The rewards at the end of the mission will give you possibly rare loot, depending on the enemies you tackled within said mission, and squad vouchers which you can spend near the mission table on various special items like for your Collectapedia. I've also seen useful consumable items on that list.
That being said, as you clear the 2/5th task, the 3/5th task, and get closer and closer to clearing all 5 tasks, the amount of missions that begin to unlock at the mission table increases exponentially. Where popping the first task may net you 1-2 somewhat lower level/easy difficulty missions. Clearing a 2nd objective will get you 2-3 more missions of higher difficulty/rarer loots.
>>
File: nintendrone bingo.png (196 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
nintendrone bingo.png
196 KB, 600x665
Fucking pedophile Gamergate creeps need to stop bullying my super progressive game
>>
>>318448105
Logically, you can presume that in order to be qualified for the biggest, baddest monsters and the rarest, strongest loot, you need to unlock the missions that come with clearing all 5 tasks. This is how you will increase and maximize your chances of getting a "Nemesis" mission which is taking down a fearsome boss which is undoubtedly going to drop you some sick loot. If you join multiplayer-minded squads, aim for clearing the squad tasks! Monsters in Xenoblade X can range all the way up to lvl 99+, so you will never trivialize the content, only make it more manageable (the maximum character level is much less than 99, I'll be unspecific to avoid possible spoilers for people).
Successfully completing Squad Missions will push progress on a Conquest meter bar of sorts. The higher you push this meter through the continuous completion of squad missions, the closer you get to initiating a "Nemesis" event (World Enemy in the JP version). There are various Nemesis at varying level ranges (and again, you are level scaled to them).
The manual will tell you that if you want the absolute best gear in the game for both your skells and your character/s...you want these missions as much as you can get them (and of course, to successfully complete them, which requires team work!).
>>
>>318447420
>84
lmao another blunder, what a wonderful year 2015 was.
>>
>>318447847
thanks mr. skelltal
>>
File: 1391108460535.png (230 KB, 448x526) Image search: [Google]
1391108460535.png
230 KB, 448x526
>cut content
>no dual audio in 2015
>region locked dead console so I can't even import
>NX confirmed next year
>horrid battle theme

When this game was first announced this was the game that would have got me to get a WiiU. Glad I dodged that colossal bullet, maybe I'll play in with an undub in a decade off an emulator.
>>
Reminder that you should never buy a Xeno game as all of them have been censored since 1998, and that by supporting this series you are allowing SJWs to ruin the indusrty. :^)
>>
File: samus.png (26 KB, 602x166) Image search: [Google]
samus.png
26 KB, 602x166
>>318448283
>84
>blunder
>>
>>318447847
How can they turn my weeb waifu simulator game into censored SJW garbage right?
who fucking care about gameplay thesedays, its all about waifu now
>>
>>318448373
>>no dual audio
whaaaaaaaaat
>>
>>318448465
The original version had both and there is no reason for the boob slider to be removed. NoA spent extra time and money cutting character customization options.
>>
>>318448451

>fallout 4 has 87
>fallout 4 is better than xenoblade x

B L U N D E R
L
U
N
D
E
R
>>
Gonna pass, WIi U has nothing of value and NX next year. Impress me Nintendo.
>>
>>318447420
ATTENTION, SOMEONE POSTED THE ENDING IN THE OLD THREAD, WHICH MEANS IT WILL BE IN THIS THREAD SOON TOO, IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET SPOILED, LEAVE XENO THREAD FOR A MONTH, you have been warned
>>
Oh god, the shitposting is back.
>>
>>318448451
>8-4
>good

Wasn't there a tweet where one of the workers said that they deleted stuff they found disgusting?

>>318448465
People being able to make a character is a part of the experience.

If you only play for gameplay, you probably prefer shitty dumbed down gameplay like Fallout 4.
>>
File: hahahahaha.png (132 KB, 500x242) Image search: [Google]
hahahahaha.png
132 KB, 500x242
>>318448745
>a game's quality is based solely off of reviews
>>
>tfw preorder the CE with gamestop
>I change my credit card recently so they probably cant charge me for $5 if I didnt go pick it up
Should I still pick it up?
>>
>>318448775
The one about Leo being final boss?
>>
Please reconsider your life choices, ruggarell.

It's pathetic.
>>
>>318448465
seriously go be a normie somewhere else.
>>
Is there any chance of someone getting around the region locking on the wii u without me having to have version 0.004 and never being able to go online ever again? Please dear fucking god let the NX be region free, except then I would still have to be afraid if they do some shit where some games will be locked off still somehow
>>
>>318448775
>Xenofags going full Bethesdrone
>>
>>318448794
he was commenting on the score 84
jesus, pay attention to the context, shitposter
>>
>>318448876
YES !!!!!!! DO YOU HAVE THE SCREENSHOT TOO ??
>>
File: 1417428208845.jpg (89 KB, 500x729) Image search: [Google]
1417428208845.jpg
89 KB, 500x729
>>318448107
The removal of the Boob Slider is disappointing, but not enough for me to get super mad about.

Who the fuck cares if your potato wears spats or panties?

Changing the name from Dolls to Skells is directly contradictory to NOA's marketing strategy saying 'the people who are going to buy already know about it'. Fucking dumb desu senpai, but it still matters little.

I'm just excited for mecha
>>
>>318448887
Rugga fucked off to 8ch and made his own board for shitting up their /v/
He moved on to better things
>>
>>318447420
You won't get a decent thread going for a couple weeks now that the shitposters are back and fully loaded. Sorry, OP.
>>
File: xenobladeVSxcx.jpg (300 KB, 1484x540) Image search: [Google]
xenobladeVSxcx.jpg
300 KB, 1484x540
>>318447420
That's the same score Disgaea 5 had in the first 24 hours of reviews. I expect it drop a few points like like D5 did as well. Disappointing score but we all knew it wasn't that good after pic related.
>>
>>318449075
Did they get rid of that burrito?

Am I going insane, I'm starting to like XCX's ost, including Black Tar
>>
can people please buy used at least? NOA shouldn't be rewarded with money for their god awful changes and marketing
>>
>>318448962
>wanting to get spoiled
It's not a huge deal, considering how much FUCKING STORY there is, but it still sort of sucks to have the main plot spoiled that hard.

If this were any other game that'd be a serious punch in the nuts. The fact that the game's actual story is so spread out among the 100 affinity missions and the normal missions softens the blow, but it still stings.
>>
>>318449265
Oh his name is Lao? I like Leo more.
>>
File: 1.jpg (630 KB, 1200x1805) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
630 KB, 1200x1805
>All these mad shitposters shitting up xcx threads because they dont own a wii u
>mfw i am going to play it
>>
>>318449265
does the ending differ on whether i recruit him or not?
>>
>>318449262
It's what I'm doing.
>>
>>318449408
you say that as if there's a choice
>>
File: 1410759178216.png (93 KB, 600x2300) Image search: [Google]
1410759178216.png
93 KB, 600x2300
>>318449254
I think so, quesirito big box ain't bad though. Especially with that dorito taco shell
>>
>>318449387
>there are people who look up the endings to games and post them in /v/ threads because they'll never get to play the games
Wow, that actually makes me feel kind of sorry for them. You know, in the way that you pity an alcoholic who beats up children because their own life didn't turn out too well.
>>
>>318449457
Fuck, Taco bell is so tasty, but so bad for you

I personally believe all fries should have sour cream, onions and ground beef on them. That shit is amazing.
>>
>>318449518
Salty AF
>>
>>318449518
Do I need to post a pic of my time stamped wii u? I have the CE preordered, in just sick of people calling others pedos for wanting the boob slider back. If theyre going to shitpost like that, they can get fucking spoiled. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>318449594
I don't disagree with you bruv
>>
>>318447420
I refuse to support censorship.

I will never buy a wii u for that fact alone.
>>
>>318449712
>I have the CE preordered
You are part of the problem and have no right to complain, fucking SJW cocksucker.
>>
>>318449712
calm down faggot, you are repeating the words in the last thread
>>
>>318449869
I already wrote an email and tweeted NoA with my thoughts regarding them cutting content.
>>
>>318449828
OK, enjoy not playing the best JRPG in years because you are retarded. Nobody gives a fuck about your 'sacrifice'.
>>
File: 1445832514271.png (168 KB, 280x212) Image search: [Google]
1445832514271.png
168 KB, 280x212
>>318449712
>getting mad over shitposters on /v/

Thanks, man, I needed a laugh.
>>
Is there a point in buying the retail disc version if I will have to download a 10 gigs patch to makr everything run smooth?
if the whole game isnt in the disct I think I may buy it digitally, it is not like you own the full game in the disc.
>>
>>318449712
well then post it nigger, i bet you don't even own a wii u nor preorder the CE
>>
>>318449656
>>318449712
>in just sick of people calling others pedos for wanting the boob slider back. If theyre going to shitpost like that, they can get fucking spoiled.
Translation:
>I'm sick of one or two dedicated shitposters stirring up crap so I'm going to spoil the ending for the dozens of other people reading the thread, while those shitposters are unaffected because they also are not going to buy the game.
Your strategy is just so good, man.

No, to be serious, I think you have actual autism. Not the /v/ autism, but the legitimate psychological disorder. Who can't handle people calling people pedos on /v/ of all fucking places?
>>
>>318449994
>OK, enjoy not playing the best JRPG in years
>Nintenyearolds actually believe this

Hahhaha not even the first game was best anything. Xenoblade is so overrated its fucking pathetic
>>
>>318449953
Did you even read my post? You ARE the problem, seriously you Nintenyearolds have no back bone. Keep on sucking that SJW cock you love so much though.
>>
>>318449994
you seem really upset over what other people are doing with their own money
>>
File: 1447523787541.jpg (186 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1447523787541.jpg
186 KB, 720x960
who /preload/ here
>>
File: 25.jpg (5 KB, 117x125) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
5 KB, 117x125
>>318449184
>0 replies
>Anytime I post without proof that xeno 2 wasn't that good people flip their shit
>This guy actually posts the reviews
Wrecked! The first game wasn't that good either so this must be a POS
>>
>>318450076
Its a goddamn video game. Life goes on. Get the fuck over it you crying child
>>
>>318450316
midnight dec 4th can't come fast enough
>>
>SMD threads
>everyone is kind, uses spoilers to the point where it's actually annoying to see all the black bars
>Xenoblade threads
>chris-chan gets upset about shitposting and decides that the best way to stop it is to spoil the ending for everyone
Why is /v/ so crap?
>>
>>318450358
are you going to post your timestamp wii u or not nigger
>>
>>318450358
the irony
>>
File: SO5.jpg (238 KB, 700x988) Image search: [Google]
SO5.jpg
238 KB, 700x988
>>318449994
>not playing the best JRPG in years
But its not out yet
>>
>>318450520
Different guy.
>>
I just reached Fallen Arm. How far am I into XC?
>>
File: 1447253554383.gif (811 KB, 678x422) Image search: [Google]
1447253554383.gif
811 KB, 678x422
Astral Crusaders ww@
>>
>>318450618
Uh huh
>>
>>318450658
About 60%
>>
>>318450482
Because SJW progressive faggots like you open your assholes to censorship

The only time games get spoiled on here is when the fanbase is horribly autistic (i.e Fallout 4)
>>
>>318450543
>modern star ocean games

That's just as bad as neptunia.
>>
>>318450543
It's been out since April, slowpoke.
>>
>>318449254
Liking Black Tar is not a problem, starting off hating it and having it grow on you is completely natural.
>>
>>318450793
How mad is this kid? He sounds pretty damned mad.
>>
>>318450793
Stop calling people pedos for liking big tits and it won't happen
>>
>>318450872
Meant for
>>318450482
>>
>>318450769
Holy shit this game is long.
>>
>>318450793
I swear you Nintenyearolds are the most autistic spergs I've ever seen, keeps sucking that SJW cock.
>>
Now that XCX is confirmed garbage, what do you guys think the FFXV ratings will be like?
>>
>having to w8 because you bought it on the eshop using your computer
>>
>>318450358
>>318450793
>>318450961
>goes on a major retard tantrum because people are calling people pedos on /v/ to stir up shit
>tells people to "get the fuck over" something
>calls them "crying children"
>then pretends that he's someone else when he gets embarrassed
LMAO omg I totally get it

you were looking forward to Fallout 4 and got spoiled by the shitposting on /v/ and now you're on some sort of righteous crusade to "cleanse" /v/.

>i got my...feelings hurt on the internet...
>never...
>again........

that's fucking hilarious, mate.
>>
>>318451072
Wrong post you fucking cockbreather

>>318450867
>lol u mad bro
Hope you enjoy that tranny semen, thonthon
>>
File: Bill.png (243 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Bill.png
243 KB, 480x360
>>318448775
>Caring about spoilers in a Video Game
>>
Why is censorship okay?
>>
>>318451307
It's okay when Nintendo does it!
>>
>SFV gets fucking shit on for censoring Mika
>Xenoblade gets a free pass
Fuck you, /v/

>>318451307
Because its not just normal censorship, its Nintendo censorship!
>>
>All these newfags crying about the ending spoiled today
>When people spoiled it MONTHS ago
>>
>>318451307
Because it deters pedophiles and degenerates.
>>
>>318451412
>us oldfags lol
Bro not everyone has lurked 24/7 in Xenoblade threads with nothing to talk about for the past half year. Some people have better places to shitpost.
>>
>>318451419
Now that I cannot fap to this pile of pixels I'm going to go assault like 30 real lolis.

Then write that its all nintendos fault
>>
How fast is class leveling in this game?

I want to master all 6.
>>
>>318451409
>>Xenoblade gets a free pass
Top kek
>>
>>318451536
what are you talking about, /v/ is the ultimate place to shitpost, name a better one i dare you
>>
>>318451536
>excited for a game
>doesn't even lurk in Xeno threads

Holy fuck no wonder so many people are pro censorship
>>
>>318451536
>Sorry I don't go on this site and lurk every thread all day
Normie
>>
>>318451409
Nintendo censorship precedes Capcom cenosrship.

It's happened in 2 Nintendo games versus 1 Capcom game.

People already raged at the Nintendo censorship for weeks and Nintendo just sends automated e-mail responses.

Nobody is willing to take a stand and form a group like Project Rainfall did to get the 3 Japanese Wii games over here for this particular fight.

Those are your reasons.

As for whether or not it's a deal breaker, it isn't much but it definitely hurts more if the Japanese release also gets censored for SFV as a result of SJayDubya backlash.
>>
>40 poster
>101 replies

this is a new low
>>
>>318452024
Can you math? That's less than 3 posts per person. Fucking colossal retard. Go die in a hole.
>>
>>318449184
114 reviews
vs
18 reviews

P fair sample base huh senpai?
>>
File: ibdrrcw2SmlLrk.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ibdrrcw2SmlLrk.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>318451025
How are you finding it? I got about 90 hours in, haven't played it for like a week or so. I feel as though I'm at a point of no return as far as the story goes so I should really just complete it. Constant grinding at level 80 now through Satorl Marsh.

Maybe it's a testament to how much I loved this game I just don't want to finish with it.. Every time I load it up I only spend time trying to max out every single Art.

Looking at the quest list I still have ones left from an area that cannot be returned to (not gonna spoil shit for you).
>>
>>318451579
>not going out and finding a dumpster baby on the streets
>not raising it from birth, locking it into a room where all it knows is your existence
>not teaching it to worship you like a god sexually over the next 10 years of its life
>not making her have your baby, discarding her, and repeating the process with the unholy offspring
>not raising the antichrist to ravage the sanctity of humanity with lust and debauchery
>not inviting demons into this world and ruling it as its demon king
>not blaming all of this on Nintendo
It's like you don't even pedo.
>>
Can you imagine the giant shitstorm that would happen if no one with review copies mentioned that the tit slider was removed and people only found out by buying the game?
Scary thought.
>>
>>318452195
christ, I think the brackets stole the spoiler tags from me
don't read that post if you haven't played XC
>>
>>318451934
>2
>1
lol
>>
>>318452159
well are you going to post that timestamp wii u and the CE or not you fucking nigger
>>
>>318452541
Referring to recent censorship changes (FF5 and XBX vs SFV) rather than censorship as a whole.
>>
>>318447420
http://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/11/xenoblade-chronicles-x-review/

Game has buttrock soundtrack, confirmed by Jim

(I'm Hype)
>>
Any chance region lock will ever be removed or someone will have a simple fix for it? I don't even really want this used because of the fucking voice acting, if they let you turn off sfx in options It would be okay but they don't.
I hope funimation burns to the ground I hate that retards love hearing the same 10 people that have no range and never sound the age of their character in very game/anime (how is anyone past the age of 14 watching anime STILL watching dubs? HOW? is it just black kids or something? No one buys shit either, is crunchyroll and toonami keeping dubs alive?)
>>
>>318452253
I'm having a ton of fun and I really don't want to skip sidequests but I want to play XCX as soon as possible. I'm thinking I should just take my time and enjoy it thoroughly though.
>>
>>318453001
not according to game informer, the most reliable gaming magazine since 2001(tm)

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/xenoblade_chronicles_x/b/wii_u/archive/2015/11/30/game-informer-review-xenoblade-chronicles-x.aspx

"I began Xenoblade Chronicles X filled with enthusiasm for its intriguing world and gorgeous visuals. But like the hackneyed songs that play ad nauseum throughout, the gameplay doesn’t have enough depth or entertainment to sustain such a prolonged experience."
>>
>>318449075
NoA is actually marketing it in the US and Canada, it's Latin America they aren't

Still a silly change
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgD2AxKPyN0

best final boss theme?
>>
How varied is the loot in this? Is there any sort of randomization or is it all set?

Are there gems in this, like in Chronicles?

I'm a huge whore for loot hunting, rare monster hunting, etc etc.
>>
Requesting more info on the classes. And webms showing the weapons.

And a friendly reminder to ignore shit posters. :^)
>>
File: pepe.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Thank you NOA
>>
>>318447420
Who Standard edition here?
>>
>>318447847
Please tell me that pic is not real.
>>
>>318453001
>This issue is so prominent that Nintendo included a leaflet with review copies straight-up telling players where to go to gather a certain material for one of the most important missions
Uh oh, am I going to be spending 5 hours pulling my hair out looking for something
>>
Could anyone tell me how soon I need to worry about missing stuff in Chronicles by getting too far into the story?

Someone told me you can get fucked trying to get Riki's extra trees if you ignore Frontier village, so I'm grinding that out (fuck this zone).

I just got to Mechonis Field in the main story.

I know the 5th trees are done late in the game. Do I need to worry about missing anyone else's 4th tree?
>>
>>318450049
It's all up to you. The digital version is like 23 GB though.

The whole game is on the disc, the patches just install some of the data on the Wii U itself so it can load it faster. Reading off of a disc isn't instantaneous, you know.
>>
>>318453610
>blurry youtube capture
>png
>>
>>318453784
The internet exists, and you can get the official guide for like 20 bucks, so I guess the answer to that question is if you really want to or not.
>>
fucking hell this battle theme is garbage.
>>
>>318453784
I've seen a couple of reviewers complaining about the same thing. Not sure if it they're retards or if it's a legitimate complaint. We'll see soon enough.
>>
>>318453907
Do I need to download the patches if I go digital? I see them in the DLC section but I have no way of knowing if it was already included in the original download.
>>
>>318453842
After a certain story point, the entirety of Mechonis will no longer be accessible, so make sure to finish up all the stuff related to it while you're there.
>>
>>318454101
Does that include Fallen Arm?
>>
>>318453509
Gems are replaced with augments and work similarly in that you can replace augments in different armor slots and they won't permanently disappear.
>>
>>318454332
No, Fallen Arm remains for the remainder of the game.
>>
>>318454402
Only difference is that you can keep augmenting until every stat is maxed out.
>>
>>318454054
I've never seen a reviewer complain about something like this that didn't turn out to be trivial to resolve. Maybe they included a hint because they know most reviewers can barely feed themselves.
>>
>>318449387
I'm not getting any fucking Nintendo game after the bullshit price increase. Fuck paying 79.99 for a new Nintendo game. Same goes for fucking Xbone and ps4
>>
>>318454096
On the official website it says they're for people who bought the physical version
>>
>>318454559
This, not defending the game in any way but if Nier has taught me anything its that reviewers are fucking retarded.
>>
>>318454054
Its the simple gathering quests like the original game where they don't tell you where to find stuff, not quests that have you looking for key items.

Basically, don't accept normal gathering quests and instead just hand in items once you have enough.
>>
Fuck....I really hadn't read any spoilers. This is pretty disappointing. I was really looking forward to this too, I wanted to go in knowing little about the story. Well fuck, this just killed my night. I made it this far without reading any spoilers too, and then I get them by surprise just a few days before. Dammit...I guess I'll go have some whiskey and go to sleep.
>>
File: 1448741673883.jpg (113 KB, 621x370) Image search: [Google]
1448741673883.jpg
113 KB, 621x370
>>318449075
You forgot one.
>>
File: 1448818230207.jpg (350 KB, 1919x1063) Image search: [Google]
1448818230207.jpg
350 KB, 1919x1063
>>318454942
>>
>>318454821
Which really should be common sense to anyone as soon as you realize there's a 20-quest cap. You only accept the ones you can control or already have ready to complete.
>>
>>318455067
Exactly, it sucks that Takahashi didn't improve a way for easy to find items, but its not the worst thing ever, like some of the reviewers were claiming.
>>
>>318454942
>>318455065
FFFFFFFUCKING REKT
BTFO
GET OWNED NIGGA
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH SHIT
MMMM THAT WAS SOME GOOD SHIT
>>
>>318455065
Ha ha ha, they actually fucking did it.

That's pretty fucking silly.
>>
>>318454929
why do you even come to /v? they always do this for a new game.
>>
>>318454929
I WARNED YOU IN THE BEGGINING, YOU SHOULD HAVE LISTENED !!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>318454096
>I have no way of knowing
The Eshop tells you that the digital version doesn't require them, when you add them to basket
>>
How much of a difference is there in load speeds between digital and disc+data packs?
>>
>>318455065
I'd still like to see this on a different wall in case that corrects the blank spaces.
>>
How much did you pay for the Special Edition?
>>
>>318448745

>One has been paid off
>One hasn't
>Being a cancerous memelord you only plays games based on reviews

84 is good anyway.
>>
>>318455582
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7lBVaLb0nw
>>
>>318455419
I'm retarded. Thanks friend.
>>
File: Linfags.jpg (132 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Linfags.jpg
132 KB, 1280x720
>>318450316
Going physical here, but I did load all the data packs.

I swear to god Amazon better not fuck up my order...
>>
>>318455748
Where's the onboard, SSD, and HDD? Kinda like the comparison for Monster Hunter.
>>
>>318450316

>TFW no more space left in the HDD

Fucking Nintendo, they are forcing me to buy an HDD just for two or three games
>>
Confirmed shit. Will not buy.
>>
Is the English dub any good? I've seen a lot of anons saying its pretty bad.
>>
Friday can't get here fast enough.

I was recently laid off and this game is one of the only things keeping me away from crippling depression.
>>
>All 7/10 are literally them complaining about how its too hard to grasp the mechanics
GOTY then, fuck these incompetent idiots.
>>
File: 1383733431702.png (289 KB, 372x600) Image search: [Google]
1383733431702.png
289 KB, 372x600
>>318454942
>>318455065
>It's actually real
At the very least, play some of the previous series before you translate the fucking game, NoA.
>>
>>318456127
Why wouldn't it be the same?
>>
>>318456357
It's meh, most of the deliveries are really flat and lifeless but I wouldn't call it outright bad, just the VAs phoning it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4EYlSplcvg
>>
>>318456357

It's average.
>>
>>318456485
you gonna be able to afford this annon?
>>
>>318456357
Why don't you just go listen to it yourself and form your own opinion?
>>
>>318456357
No, you've seen two at most. They appear in almost every thread, paste in the same comments and insult anyone who doesn't actively agree with them. Watch video of the early part of the game (there's at least one, possibly on one of the shittier websites) and judge for yourself.
>>
>>318456612
Half a year of severance pay helps.
>>
>>318456357
On top of mediocre dub, they butchered all most of the archetype and characterization that the original Japanese had.
Not to mention the reduced number to half of available voices to choose from for MC.
>>
XCX is the Dark Dawn of the Xenosaga series
>>
>>318456632
Come on man, don't be so delusional. Theres more than two people who dislike the dub. Personally I think it's pretty bad myself. Characters are pretty lifeless and most of the dialogue is not good. Treehouse and NoA didn't even come close to doing this game justice imo.
>>
>>318457005
>On top of mediocre dub, they butchered all most of the archetype and characterization that the original Japanese had.
[citation needed]
>>
>>318457084
His fat, hairy asshole.
>>
>>318456357
Nagi, HB, and Lin are good imo. Vandham is okay. Lao, Elma, pretty much all of the MC voices, and Doug just downright suck. Theres also "SKELLS" which bothers me a lot. Might nlt after to you though.
>>
File: YOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (30 KB, 307x386) Image search: [Google]
YOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
30 KB, 307x386
>Destructoid actually having a decent, level-headed review by someone that apparently actually did play the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDURTlzzhV4
What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>318457048
Of course there are. But there are also one or two shitposters who make regular appearances in these threads just to paste in their dub nonsense, as you well know.
>>
>>318456357
It's not the worst I've ever heard but it certainly isn't good either. It's a damn shame there's no dual audio because the japanese audio had some fucking stellar VAs in their industry and there was more options for VAs for the MC.
>>
>>318448107
What would you check if I said "I'm gay so I don't care about censor female stuff"?
>>
>>318457324
>forgetting Seviper and transwoman Irina
>>
>>318457515

>9.0

Shocking to say the least, coming from Destructoid.
>>
>>318457796
Xenoblade Chronicles was on the Wii bro
>>
>>318457796
Wojak was a mistake.
>>
>>318457795
Please don't tell me Irina's VA is a tranny...I might actually vomit.
>>
>>318457942
>responding to pasta
>>
>>318457796
how about you step away from the memes and evaluate what you're doing with your life

you have a finite amount of time on earth and you're spending it right now shitposting on /v/
>>
>>318458007
No, it's just some tumblr headcanon for you to laugh at, don't worry.
>>
File: goldface.png (50 KB, 414x192) Image search: [Google]
goldface.png
50 KB, 414x192
>my false flagging thread was deleted 12 posts in
I'm pretty salty right now
Pretty hyped for the game, got the SE preordered. No hard feelings friends.
>>318457942
>>318457952
>>318458147
>replying to him
>post was already deleted
fucking retards
>>
File: thanks NOA.jpg (414 KB, 2213x649) Image search: [Google]
thanks NOA.jpg
414 KB, 2213x649
>>318455065
>>318454942
>>
File: fukken xenos.jpg (498 KB, 1247x702) Image search: [Google]
fukken xenos.jpg
498 KB, 1247x702
>not using racist weeaboo Colin Mochrie in your party
>>
>>318458252
The Japanese name in that picture from xenogears isn't pronounced with a 've'.
>>
>>318458480
Fuck when he said that I lost it

shit was hilarious
>>
I LIKE CENSORSHIP BECAUSE IT FEELS RETRO
>>
>>318456538
Well, there's like a ~12gb difference between digital and the data packs. So I would assume that there's still a bunch of stuff that they have to load off the disc still.
>>
>>318458531
Both Weltall and Wels are pronounced with Vs
http://forvo.com/word/weltall/
http://forvo.com/word/wels/#de
http://forvo.com/word/otto_wels/#de
>>
>>318458480
>not Space Owain
Those kitty ears are legit though.
>>
File: homer stare.jpg (32 KB, 440x410) Image search: [Google]
homer stare.jpg
32 KB, 440x410
You have to love loli autists.

They deny most people IRL are grossed out by skimpy preteens so they act as though NoA's reasonable response is worthy of avoiding the game entirely.
>>
>>318458849
Wels in Xenogears is pronounced with a "ue". There's a Japanese screenshot of that exact shot of the giant Wels.
>>
>>318458861

all the DLC characters look party-worthy so far

>literally just Wesker
>PURGE THE XENOS FOR GRORIOUS NIPPON
>Owain
>brown qt
>>
>>318459035
I love how everyone just ignores the fact that the boob slider got cut too.
>>
>>318459084
Hideo Bojima
>>
File: 1421717912047.jpg (753 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
1421717912047.jpg
753 KB, 1920x2160
>>318453348
> it's Latin America they aren't
Since when do they care about anything that isn't mexico? They pulled out of brazil and in all andean countries their stuff is extremely overpriced because of the retarded ways they handle imports.
>>
The fact people are aware of the censorship yet still buying into this makes me wonder how fan SJW censorship can go without people caring.

>>318459035
>being grossed out over polygons
Why are you here?
>>
>>318447420
>84
>good
>>
>>318459054
Considering the word is originally German I don't think error the Japanese made in transcribing it really matter.
>>
>>318459054
Basically Takahashi fucked up back then and now he fixed it by having the correct pronunciation and NoA literally translated it because that's how you pronounce it in Japanese.
>>
>>318459785
>catfish
Go ahead and post your source.
>>
>>318457562
>some fucking stellar VAs
On that topic, I think it's funny that people shit on Elma's english VA when her japanese VA is Samevoice Jane.
>>
>>318459975
The Wels Catfish is also pronounced, primarily with the v sound /ˈvɛls/
>>
>>318459035
Wait, did the height slider get cut?

I wanted to make that short firecracker kid from every sports manga.
>>
>>318458480
>Calm happy monk
>Talking about cutting his bonsai tree
>First alien he can talk to he was the biggest racist ever
My side just blew up like Earth.
>>
>>318460206
While I like the Japanese VA, I didn't think she did a great job as Elma as some say. Her soothing voice if great for calm Elma, but when Elma gets pissed and lets out a more stern tone she basically sounded the same as calm Elma.

With the English one, her issue is that she is great as Stern/angered Elma, but the soothing isn't as good.

>>318460378
No
>>
>>318460206
Shhh. All seiyuu are talented actors who certainly aren't typecast as a matter of course.
>>318460357
That isn't evidence, it's telling us how to pronounce a word (which is already known) you've declared to be the true meaning as it appears in game. Provide evidence supporting this claim.
>>
File: 1445211435658.png (212 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
1445211435658.png
212 KB, 600x515
Lower than I hoped, but based on what I'm hearing in the reviews it's still worth a shot.

Specifically, the huge, explorable world sounds like a huge plus.
>>
>Ma-non voices

every time I hear one of those fucks all I can do is think about this:

https://youtu.be/T1LzruO-eUU
>>
>>318460641
I'd like you to present the opposite since the burden of proof is on you to prove that Wels is pronounced otherwise and is somehow not the word they were going for. Which you have yet to provide.
>>
File: 1439054917202.png (140 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
1439054917202.png
140 KB, 500x369
>top complaints from reviewers is the game is too complex and that the UI is cumbersome

Are those actual complaints or is this just a case of Western journalists being casuals again?
>>
>>318460894
>soundalikes are suddenly proof of themselves
By that logic Fei is an elf or a homosexual because it sounds exactly like fey.
I haven't made a claim other than the fact that it isn't pronounced with a v in Xenogears. You've claimed to know why it changed and what it means. You are the one who needs to provide evidence.
>>
>data packs finally available in EU
>go to download all of them
>NOT ENOUGH SPACE

I've got the 32gb version, and it's now showing how very short that goes. The biggest thing on my Wii U is the original Xenoblade, I'm tempted to delete it to make room for the data packs. I haven't finished yet but it's unlikely I will at this stage.
>>
>>318461242
what do you think
>>
>>318461263
>mfw no more space on my WiiU after downloading the packs

That NX can't get here any faster.
>>
>>318461259
Something you've yet to prove.

You should get on that if you want me to take you seriously.
>>
>>318461242
Casuals, Polygon's shitty review is western reviews in a nutshell:
>Its too hard
>Tutorials aren't enough I don't get it
>Why can't I heal with magic class or potions?
>Can I customize the UI/Hud? I'm so confused...
>>
>>318461242
Impossible to tell
>>
>>318461242
At this point, you should know that unless it's a Souls game, difficulty is seen as a negative to most western reviewers. If you need further proof, go look at reviews for W101 and Dong Freeze.
>>
>3 days
>>
>>318461242

What a bunch of jokers.
>>
>>318460206
Yes, because her JP VA being bad suddenly makes her English VA good, somehow. Obviously.
>>
Do we still not know the size of the USB? I heard it was write-protected, but all you have to do to fix that is reformat.
>>
>>318447420
>84
blunder of the century
>>
>>318461242
You can turn the UI off if you don't like it
http://imgur.com/a/m24X0
>>
>>318461242
Nearly everyone says that the game doesn't do a good job at explaining it's own system. Guess just experiment with what works best for you in regards to combat . Heard when it comes to survey you should to Mechanical more than the others since that gets you better probes. Outside of that read the manual or just try out new things and hope for the best.
>>
>>318461242
>plaints from reviewers is the game is too complex and that the UI is cumbersome
Hard to tell, because apparently most people left that huge "QUEST!" up the whole game without realizing they could shut it off.
>>
>>318461798
I just looked up the Japanese VA and she's not even bad unless she somehow got worse from the last role I heard her in.
>>
>>318461798
The complaining is usually in the context of "UGH I HATE ENGLISH VA ELMA VOICE SUCKS WHY NO DUAL AUDIO???".
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 265x190
>>318461449
>>
>>318461242
Polygon said the UI/combat was too complex and under-explained, Game Informer said it doesn't have enough depth and those two were the lowest scoring reviewers.

So not really, but also yes.
>>
>>318461798
Both versions have absolutely terrible VA, hopefully that improves with the sequel.
>>
>It's a blunder!
>Fuck NoA!
>I'm not supporting censorship
>Who else /buyingused/ here?
>Can't wait to emulate it
>No dual audio = No buy
>Loadine masterrace
>"The Skelleton Crew" is an example of meme localization
>Censorship apologist bingo.jpg

/thread. Might as well not do any more threads for a year or two. They ain't gonna change
>>
>>318462709
Well once I get the game I won't really care since I will be too busy playing the game.
>>
>>318462787
As will I. All that will be left on Friday will be shitposters and the people that aren't getting the game until later.
>>
>>318462709
>>"The Skelleton Crew" is an example of meme localization
I hope you aren't implying that its not.
>>
>>318462709
>POSITIVE FEEDBACK ONLY PEOPLE

Why are you here?
>>
>>318462787
There's 24 hours in a day. No matter how much time I spend playing the game, I'll always have time to find these shitty threads
>>
>localizations
>liking dank memes
>listening to dubs
>playing xenoshit
>>
>>318463047
Explain how a localized pun is a meme?
Or do you like losing meaning and TL notes?
>>
>>318462709
>Surprised people would rather shit post than play games
>>
>>318463047
In the sense that it's localizing wordplay that exists in the original? Seems like a meme localization.
>>
>>318462709
>"The Skelleton Crew" is an example of meme localization
Everyone's losing their minds about this, but I really want to know what it was originally. Did they take a normal name and just make it a dumb pun or did they take a dumb pun and make it an equally dumb pun?
>>
>>318463331
It was a dumb pun in the original, and they did just that and put quotes around it since the Japanese joke was word play.
>>
>>318447589
>and you gain a temporary, and possibly quite valuable (depending on their level) ally

Sounds shit. Bravely default friends feature broke my game with this shit. Nothing was a challenege anymore.
>>
>>318463305
>Or do you like losing meaning
How does it lose meaning? Just make a normal non-stupid name.
>>318463320
>exists in the original?
Everyo apologist says this but I have yet to see evidence of some stupid pun like that in the original.
>>
>>318463305
>translating niche japanese games
>not knowing their fucking audience
>>
Happy with mid 80's. Just at the right sweet spot where "life support" will soon go away but not high enough to keep going around and screaming GOTY. After a day or so we can have our comfy threads and enjoy talking about what we are going to be riding (Verus) and what Division we are going to be (Reclamer)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.