[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just can't seem to get into Fatal Frame IV. Is it just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1448773315636.jpg (119 KB, 640x911) Image search: [Google]
1448773315636.jpg
119 KB, 640x911
I just can't seem to get into Fatal Frame IV. Is it just me? I loved the first one. The second one was fantastic. The third wasn't quite as good I think, but it was still a mostly enjoyable experience (except for the text dumps in Rei's house, those got annoying, but that's probably because I played them in Japanese and while my Japanese reading speed isn't awful, it can take time when a bunch of strange terms and old Japanese is thrown in). But FF IV… I'm in chapter 7 and I don't think I can finish it; I'm just not having fun and I can't figure out why, it's pretty similar to the other games in the series.

So basically, Fatal Frame IV/general Fatal Frame game thread I suppose.
>>
>>318252820
I think it might be the setting. While it's nice that a Fatal Frame takes place somewhere actually modern that isn't a feudal era castle, an asylum is a generic setting for horror.
>>
>>318252820
Didn't start IV yet. 1 and 2 were very good but flawed. 3 was damn near perfect in my opinion. Best combat, best environment, and best scares of the three.
Anyway, you don't know what particularly bothers you about IV? That's odd. Is there anything you DO like about it?
>>
>>318253048

That could be a factor. When I read that it takes place in a more modern setting I liked the idea. While ancient manors and forgotten villages are great, I wouldn't mind seeing a setting change now and then. But Rougetsu and the hospital are very dull to me. I really liked the very Japanese feel to the previous settings.

>>318253227

>Is there anything you DO like about it?

Hmm, I didn't think about that before. The setting is out, the controls are out, even the story isn't very interesting to me (I actually liked the stories for the first three games, generic as they were). I guess Choushiro's flashlight is kind of a neat new way to fight. I like that Type 07 film is unlimited again. Unlike with Fatal Frame II though I actually use it in battle.
>>
>>318253431
What's the combat like in 4? 1 had the charge-based combat and the ghosts that liked to zip around. It was annoying at times but at least it was challenging. 2 changed it to a proximity-based system and all the ghosts were sluggish, so the whole game was too easy. 3 combined the charge and proximity stuff and had well balanced ghosts that were challenging without being frustrating.
Where does 4's fall? Is it well balanced or too easy/difficult?
>>
>>318254182

The controls are kind of annoying. To look up and down you use the Wii mote's motions sensors, but to look left and right you use the analog stick. There's also a lock-on feature. Ghost are generally slow and the game's the easiest of the first four so far. I think combat's even easier as Choushiro.
>>
>>318254405
Well shit. What's with the even-numbered games becoming piss-easy?
>>
>>318254897

I never thought about it that way... Wonder what V is like? I'll give it a shot whenever I can bypass the Wii U's damn region lock.
>>
2 > 5 > 1 > 4 > 3

3 was just...fuck it left a bad taste in my mouth even 4 years after I played it. It felt so phoned in and half baked.
>>
>>318256516
It was better than 1 and 2 in every way. 2 especially is extremely overrated. Too easy, boring as fuck ghosts, shit ending, not scary at all, and the least interesting environments.
>>
>>318257159

>shit ending

I actually like it for what it is, but it was kinda retarded. Mio went through hell for her sister and suddenly decided to kill her when she asked.
>>
>>318257159
1/2 never made me feel gimped by leaving me with a character that isn't balanced with what's going on around them. The multi protagonist thing in 3 absolutely ruined the game, and as immersive as the day sections were, it just didn't deliver at night
>>
>>318257532
How did it ruin the game? Genuinely curious. Because they all played mostly the same and brought different plot lines to the story. I don't see the downside. The night scenes that "didn't deliver" were the meat and potatoes of the game and far more engaging than anything in 2.
>>
>>318257667

As i said its been over 4 years since i played it and I specifically remember feeling like one character (kei maybe?) was underpowered as fuck leaving them to be an absolute hassle to play as. Again, I didn't find the setting memorable, the ghosts were meh and the story didn't grip me at all
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.