[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else playing this? I think it's pretty great, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: BloodBowl2.jpg (213 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BloodBowl2.jpg
213 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else playing this? I think it's pretty great, but I keep getting wrecked as Skaven. Any strategies you guys have? Also is the DLC teams worth it, or do you think they'll release a complete pack in the future?
>>
File: ....gif (2 MB, 322x179) Image search: [Google]
....gif
2 MB, 322x179
>>318239663
>surprisingly able to pick up the ball
>close to touchdown
>"go for it"
>player dies
>>
>>318241542
Yeah, the dice rolls in this game are fucking me in the ass. It's fun as fuck when playing with a friend because literally anything can happen, but anytime I play against the computer, I just feel it's constantly cheating.
>>
>>318241825
>play as elves
>have high agility
>go to dodge low agility player
>dead

>treeman attacks low level player
>treeman dies

>thrower can't throw worth a fuck
>catcher can't catch worth a fuck
>best throwers and catchers are linemen and wardancers

>spend money on cheerleaders, coaches, and cheering fans
>they do FUCKING NOTHING

>half the team recovering from injuries and KOs

I fucking hate Bloodbowl but I can't stop playing
>>
>>318242418
You playing against other players or CPU?
>>
>>318242661
CPU
>>
>>318242892
Yeah man, the CPU straight up cheats, I don't know how you can have fun playing against it.
>>
>>318242418
Enemy player stats do not affect dodge rolls unless they have skills that specifically affect dodging.

Player level effects nothing but the number of additional skills they have.

Everything is dice-based. You take the action that has the highest probability to give you a positive outcome.

Cheerleaders and coaches are next to useless and no one who has been playing for awhile buys them. Even if you have extra money, its better to waste it so as to keep your team value down. Team value determines how much free money the opponent (or you) gets, which can be used to buy actual useful things like wizards and bribes for a game.
>>
So lets get this shit started.

> End times

I'm still mad.
>>
>>318243550
Admittedly bro, I know nothing about Warhammer Fantasy and endtimes is what got me interested in it. I'm afraid to say that GW's strategy to attract new players worked.
>>
>>318243743

You play actual 'Fantasy Battles' or Age of Shitmar?
>>
>>318243909
Well I'm lookin into starting a Skaven army
>>
>>318244031

Get the starter box if you haven't already. Skaven are flavor of the month OP (Flavor of the rest of eternity i guess).
>>
>>318244217
Will it be playable in both Age of Sigmar and Fantasy Battles?
>>
>>318243550
>friend finally convinces me to get into Warhammer Fantasy
>drop a couple hundred dollars on an ogre army and get it all painted up
>the End Times starts right around the time I'm doing this
>finally get my army looking presentable and get a few games in
>find out that now the new rules don't apply to any of the work I've done and I need to redo everything

Discouraged the shit out of me. I'm considering selling all my shit to try and recoup some of the cost, but I do like to still look at my work. The new AoS rules are boring as fuck though
>>
>>318244319

Not followed Sigmar, but 99% sure. Skaven stuff was the last, most recent additions to the game, so if they don't carry over GW fucked up more than usual.

>>318244349

If you're really over it, but still enjoy the models, i'd say get into modelling / painting (atleast until you use up most of the paints you've got). Old random collections on ebay with mismatched / missing shit are cheap as balls and i stopped playing like 2 years ago but still get random unused shit from people i used to play with and enter painting competitions. It's pretty fun if you're into it.

I know some people at certain hobby centers who cover your costs / pay you a little to paint their shit if you're good at it.
>>
I feel like they shouldn't of released Chaos right out of the gate.

Every league is 90% chaos kill teams at the top that are just boring to play against. You either get everybody killed and have to start your team over or get lucky on the armor break rolls and win 3-0 or more in a long slog of a game.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.