[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there will never be another game with this glorious engine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
>there will never be another game with this glorious engine because the majority hated it

You all fucking suck.
>>
>>318102012
>Teleporting enemies and bug deaths while playing online
>Unresponsive controls
>Cutscenes every 5 seconds, enemies approach you while they occur
>QTEs errywhere
>Everything looks like dark and muddied shit, except for the few things that light sources or reflecting light and blindingly bright.
>Baby pistol whips and drop kicks that have horrible hitboxes
>Mess of an unintuitive UI
>No item trading, no buying, no need to conserve since so much ammo, yet still have no inventory space because of the shitty inventory system
>Easy as shit despite all this
>Checkpoints are not save points, can't manually save
>Buggy completion system
>Good
>>
>>318102012
Is Chris less buff than RE5?

Also why the fuck did he get so buff anyway
>>
>>318102012
>glorious engine
What's good about it?
>>
>>318102318
Pretty sure every single item on that list is wrong or not even close to being a normal occurrence.
>>
>>318102410
Slightly.

And to fight a fucking superhuman injected with a supervirus that has Matrix powers.

And just incase there was a boulder that he had to get by, of course.
>>
>>318102959
Play No Mercy with a good friend, both with Last Stand skill on, and you will know.
>>
File: 1447596787722.jpg (189 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1447596787722.jpg
189 KB, 1462x1462
>>318103310
>the fucking boulder
>>
>>318103564
Yeah, that's a thing that will ever happen.

If you don't know what's good about the engine, that's fine.
>>
>>318103886
What are you, a stupid fuck? I know well, because I've done that with numerous friends. The combat and controls of RE6 shit all over RE4 and RE5.
>>
>>318104126
So, what's good about them or the engine?
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 222x227
>>318102012
>>318103564
>shit game
>I won't tell you what's good about it

k
>>
>>318104126
>babbys first resident evil

get fucked, kiddo
>>
>>318102012
It's a good game, just not a good resident evil game.
>>
>>318104285
Nigger play the fucking game.

>not nearly as clunky and rigid as past games
>way more on-screen to respond to, more variety of enemies than before
>deadlier enemies
>melee, rolling, sliding, quickshot, parry mechanics
>UI is actually perfect for the fast paced insanity of No Mercy, just a matter of memorizing where your shit is located

Shit son, there's so much shit in your face non-stop, it's just insane. And awesome. The story might have been complete ass, but god damn it if the gameplay wasn't some of the best as far as 3rd person action goes, and definitely one of the best for co-op action.

All you fags that deny must suck at the game and simply can't experience what I'm talking about.
>>
RE6, Max Payne 3, and Vanquish have the best TPS mechanics of their gen, with Binary Domain's damage modeling giving it an honorable mention.
>>
>>318104602
This. If they retooled them, the last couple bosses in Leon's campaign would've been right at home in a Platinum game.
>>
>>318102012
I really liked RE5 and RE6, and I thought that the engine was fucking sweet.

Fast and pretty.

I mean, the 360 version, looked very nice. And that's a console that came out in 2005.
>>
RE6 was fucking horrible, that's why. And Revelations 2 was even worse.

>waypoints in a fucking horror game
>Chris' story is ironically the one that has the worst ammo amount
>Leon's story has fucking stone cold stunning zombies
>Leon's story has some of the worst use of QTE including that fucking Car scene

RE6 has great gunplay, but there is absolutely no use for any of it in the story mode, which has so many more issues, like horrid pacing, the lack of alt costumes, the shitty way joining games can fuck you up.

The Evil Within was a much better Resident Evil than anything Kobayashi's team has put out in the last few years.

Also, whoever said that having stamina as a function in Mercs was a good idea should fucking step on a lego.
>>
Leon campaign- fight boss A 10 fucking times
Chris campaign- fight boss B 10 fucking times
Wesker campaign- fight boss C 10 fucking times
Ada campaign- fight boss A 3 times, boss B 3 times, boss C 3 fucking times

Ohmergerd he's still alive, what a twist!
>>
>>318105582
Fuck off with your shit reverse trolling, namefag.
>>
>>318105582
It was far from horrible. Leon's campaign was arguably the worst, but the intersecting campaigns was cool as hell and the combat was great. There was a solid variety of enemies in the game too. And so many damn environments. The game had an ambitious amount of content overall.

The Evil Within was a worse game. Not terrible, but worse. RE6 has its boring moments, but so did Evil Within, and Evil Within had no "holy shit that's awesome" moments.
>>
>>318105862
When did RE6 have any of those? It had a lot of "Oh Holy shit, this game is fucking ridiculous" moments, but nothing amazing.

The big issue with RE6 is that it feels so schizophrenic. The entire game is an identity crisis and feels like there's so many ideas, where just about none of them work. There's also moments where it feels like a cheaper product than RE5, which isn't the case at all.

There's absolutely no denying they didn't try. The issue is, that it didn't work. And I doubt it'll work in the Remaster it's getting.

The Evil Within has it's fair share of issues, but when it reaches it's good moments, IT REALLY REACHES THEM.

Chapters 7, 8, 9, and 10 are examples of that.
>>
>>318105862
>>318105582
Evil within is fucking RE 4.1 and is worse than RE5. I'm laughing at how hard Mikamidrones were btfo with all his lies about the game being true survival horror and getting another action shooter. Fuck off and kill yourself if you think TEW isn't one of the most disappointing and overhyped abortions of all time. Alternatively, play Siren and get some real taste.
>>
>>318104602

No it's terrible. As someone who wasn't a major RE fan it was just terrible. Survival horror RIP
>>
>>318102012
>with this glorious engine
MT Framework?

But there were lots of other games in that engine.
>>
File: 1423593801315.jpg (87 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1423593801315.jpg
87 KB, 640x640
>Man, I can't believe you guys called a shit game bad DESPITE THE ENGINE BEING GOOD.
>In order to ensure we get more games made on the same engine you should have rated it 10/10 GOTY, and praised it despite it being awful.

You're dumb dude.
>>
>>318106404
RE6 didn't even use the MT Framework that people praise.

People praise 1.0 to high heaven, which they should. DMC4 and RE5 were on it.

RE6 used the same engine that Dragon's Dogma used. Which was 2.0. 2.0's games are usually quite ugly and unable to keep a stable framerate. While 1.0's games are KNOWN for working on toasters.
>>
>>318106256
Now I know you're lying and haven't played either of those games because The Evil Within has no good moments and anyone who actually took the time to get used to 6's controls would know it has the best mechanics in the series. Git gud.

Also the bitching about it not being muh survival horror is pretty tiresome considering how Re became an action series after 2. It's doubly hilarious to claim you like survival horror and then like RE4 wwww
>>
>>318106681
So what the fuck happened? And whatever happened to Panta Rhei?
>>
>>318106735
The issue with 6's controls are that, at what point in the story do they ever explain or even give you an opportunity to use them? Instead, their "tutorial" just gives a crash course in SLOWMO and QTEs. The game controls fine and it works for something like Mercs, not for the main story. It's a shame the controls DON'T work in Revelations 2. It's a shame nothing works in that game. There are parts of RE6 that it does well, but Rev2 has nothing outside of...the skill system being better?

>>318106825
Yeah, what the fuck? Didn't they announce Deep Down almost three years ago?
>>
>>318105205
agreed, although I didn't like Max Payne's lack of interesting enemies.
>>
>>318102012
>judging engine from a game

Literally worse than Hitler. Also, RE6 uses the same engine as every other modern Capcom game.
>>
>>318102410
So he could push a rock at the end of the game
>>
>>318106681
The Evil Within had great, tense boss fights. It had pretty good moments beside that too. I still think RE6 is better.
>>
>>318102012

desu what killed the game was the level design and the encounters
>>
>>318102012
who cares about the engine when the game sucks
>>
>>318103579

that was truly the highlight of that game.
>>
>>318103112
>Cutscenes every 5 seconds, enemies approach you while they occur
>QTEs errywhere
>Everything looks like dark and muddied shit, except for the few things that light sources or reflecting light and blindingly bright.
>Baby pistol whips and drop kicks that have horrible hitboxes
>Mess of an unintuitive UI
>No item trading, no buying, no need to conserve since so much ammo, yet still have no inventory space because of the shitty inventory system

>false

Play the game first, big boy.
>>
>>318102012
>MT Framework

Didn't the RE Revelations 2 games use this engine too? DD's PC release will be using it and I'm guessing the next DMC if it ever comes will be using it.

Did you happen to mean the mechanics in RE6 you dumbshit OP?
>>
The real question is, will Piers be okay?
>>
>>318107563
It's one thing to be linear, that's fine. It's another to fucking not let you hop over a waist high table and force you to go into a metal detector YOU KNOW WILL TRIGGER A ZOMBIE.

Also waypoints.
>>
>>318107176
>Didn't they announce Deep Down almost three years ago?
Yes I think. Nothing really came out it though.
>>
>>318107793
Revelations uses MT Framework Mobile, which is surprisingly robust. Revelations 2 uses MT Framework 2.

For reference, MT Framework Mobile is the same engine that...

E.X. Troopers
SSFIV 3D
UMvC3 Vita
All of the 3DS Monster Hunter games
Dual Destinies

Uses.
>>
>>318107793
Read the thread, it's obvious op is a retard who doesn't know what an engine is.
>implying capcom would make a new engine when it's only been used in 4 games
They'll keep milking that shit until 2020 at least.
>>
>>318106326

I wasn't disappointed, I knew exactly what I was getting when I bought it, something similar to RE4 in gameplay, and a fun splatterhouse setting. People at the time just wanted PT, PT, PT, SILENT HILLS! MGSV Style writing in my horror game.

If you look back at RE2 - RE CVX, heck even the new REmake Remastered, they're hardly survival horror with their ammo and monsters depending on what difficulty you pick. Prob only RE ps1 is the original true survival horror RE game in the franchise.
>>
>>318107176
>The issue with 6's controls are that, at what point in the story do they ever explain or even give you an opportunity to use them?
They don't explain. There's nothing wrong with that though, in fact it's what makes the Souls games fucking sell at all.

You use most if not all of them if you play on the hardest setting.
>>
File: 1448049471824.jpg (36 KB, 832x614) Image search: [Google]
1448049471824.jpg
36 KB, 832x614
5 or 6?
Help.
>>
>>318110128
Both if you have friends, neither if you don't.
>>
>>318110128
Neither.

But if you have a friend you KNOW will play with you, get RE5 before you get RE6.

Or play the Chronicles games, they're better.
>>
>>318106256
>but nothing amazing
First time I saw the intersecting campaign I thought it was awesome. First time I used the new controls in a big pit of enemies I thought it was awesome. Once I realized the game had a shit load of content I thought it was awesome. When I played No Mercy mode I thought it was awesome.

When I played Evil Within, I just thought, "this is okay. But I'm getting tired."

>There's absolutely no denying they didn't try.
Yeah dude, a game where they packed in more content than any other game in the series. They definitely didn't try. More like they tried too hard and people weren't smart or patient enough to see how much effort they really did put in. The game seems to overwhelm everyone who complains about it, since the majority of complaints are about confusing controls, lack of ammo, bad camera, confusing story, etc. All things resulting from not knowing how to focus.
>>
>>318110154
>>318110306
Oh, okay.
>>
>>318110513
Which is what I said before. It's like there's no focus. It's like everyone on the team said "OH, ADD THIS, NO ADD THIS, AND ADD THIS", without really checking to see if it worked, or even worked well.

It's like, with Chris' campaign. It's great that they mixed BOWs with military bullshit. However, the amount of ammo doesn't quite reflect that. I definitely had more ammo in Leon's story than I did in Chris', which is unbelievable.
>>
>>318110128
5 for sure man. I shit my pants a few times.
>>
Fuck it. Capcom should've made a better game.
>>
>>318106256

>Chapters 7, 8, 9, and 10 are examples of that.

BASED FUCKING OAKLAND KNOWS WHAT'S UP
>>
>>318102318
>made up shit
>>
>>318102012
Game fucking owns OP.

Played 80 hours on PS3 then I got it on a Steam sale and put in 120 on Steam.

I'm sure I'll go back to it in a few months too. I don't understand how you can hate it. Perfect 5 from me.
>>
>>318110128
both if you have a friend to play with otherwise neither
>>
>>318107793
Technically, it does. In essence, no, since it doesn't happen to run anything like RE6, not just mechanics-wise either, and it's obvious that's because they don't want to ever utilize it to its fullest potential again like they did with RE6.
>>
>>318112247

I played it for 45 minutes with a friend. Lost me hard at quick shots and rolling around on the ground as mechanics. Struck me as a bastardization of the franchise, something that didn't need the name "Resident Evil" tacked on to it.
>>
>>318112538
Sorry you can't enjoy a good thing just because of its name.
>>
>>318113042

I didn't think it was particularly good either.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.