[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur ai-on-the-clone-characte
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88
File: 250px-MasahiroSakurai[1].png (110 KB, 250x326) Image search: [Google]
250px-MasahiroSakurai[1].png
110 KB, 250x326
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-clone-characters-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/

Youre going to eat it and youre gonna like it
>>
>There are 3 fighters [Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doctor Mario] that are alternate models (clones) in the game. Each was originally a color variation, but during development, they were given balanced characteristics. Since their functionality had differences, forms were separated from each other. However, it was vital that this didn’t increase the required man-hours. Some relative tuning was sufficient as it wasn’t necessary to create balancing from scratch.

> This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”

Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped.

:^)

Could you please leave it to me to select [characters] with man-hours and costs in mind? However you look at it, the game is a great bargain buy as a result.

See, you guys are jerks!
>>
It's not like clones took other characters spots.
>>
It doesnt say anything we didnt know. The issue is with clones taking up character spots, which some people claim they do and some say they dont. I wouldnt mind clones not taking character spots, but it sure seems that way.
>>
>>267170564
so what made them think alt costumes would have slightly different attack properties?
>>
He sounded pretty passive-agressive
>>
He sounds tired of everyone's shit.
>>
>>267171089
>>
>ridley is a color for charizard
>not good enough to be his own clone
Kek
>>
>Sakurai goes on to say that Lucina and Marth have different sword properties. While Dark Pit and Pit are the same, making Dark Pit a separate character was required in order to give him “his unique arm and Final Smash”. And as far as Dr. Mario is concerned, the team felt “old Dr. Mario fans would not agree to Dr. Mario being the same as Mario, so we went on to give him a unique customizable set.”
>>
>>267171153
>>267171203
He is. His wording obviously expresses that.

>>267171089
Thats some creative thinking for you "Maybe it would be neat to have female marth do this a little different" Then again, im just speculating.
>>
Still doesn't excuse Dark Pit. If you wanted to make a costume into a full character, Alph would have been a better choice.
>>
>>267171369
>Could you please leave it to me to select [characters] with man-hours and costs in mind?

He's pretty telling rosterfags to fuck right off
>>
>>267171534
It literally didn't take any extra resources to make him though, and Alph plays exactly the same as Olimar in the games.
>>
Sakurai's head is so far up his own ass
>>
Would saying

>a clone character takes up a potential new character!

be on the same level as

>pirating a game takes away a potential sale!

I'm not trying to defend or attack or stir shit with this
>>
File: 1274650192783.jpg (36 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1274650192783.jpg
36 KB, 640x360
>Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped.

outstanding
>>
>>267171534
Why though? Because of the weapons and characteristics in Kid Icarus Uprising, Dark Pit has enough material to be a unique character (even though they took the clone approach, he still has enough variation)
There is little they could do to differentiate Olimar and Alph.
>>
>>267171534
Yes, let's literally make a clone of a character that nobody plays.
>>
File: 1374029926275.gif (197 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1374029926275.gif
197 KB, 480x270
>>267170767
>>
>>267171635
Kid Icarus shouldn't have 3 reps.
Dark Pit is too minor of a character in a minor series to be a full fledged selectable character.
Pikmin is a more popular series, Alph should have been picked over Dark Pit.
>>
>It can't be helped
>>
>>267171534
Actually, it does.

Dark Pit using the three sacred treasures wouldn't make sense as a costume. Neither would Dr. Mario with FLUDD.

Alph does the exact same things that Olimar can do, no reason for a separate slot for him. Same thing for FemRobin.
>>
>>267171850
>too minor of a character
Yes never mind that about a quarter of the chapters featured him, including both finales, and one had you play as him.
>>
File: wee-bey-gif.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
wee-bey-gif.gif
1 MB, 200x200
I'm more concerned if Smash 3DS to Wii U will become a trend that Nintendo follow. Even though it has been planned to have come out for both versions much before TPP, what if they took a page from Konami's book to sell the same game twice? Or what if they took the same route ever major third party does, like Rockstar, to take advantage of double dippers? Could third parties benefit from releasing a 3DS 'teaser', and then releasing the 'full version' on the Wii U?
>>
>>267171850
>pikmin is more popular
Kek
>>
>>267171948
sorry i havent actually played the game lol i dont care though i just wanted eren jager in
>>
>>267171920
Alph doesn't use the same ship as Olimar, yet he uses it in his final smash.

Oh wait, Sakurai doesn't care about that, but he cares about his shitty Dark character having a proper final smash.
>>
The characters are fucking fine, Sakurai.

Address the need to make every stage into a hazard festival. That's the real issue here.
>>
>>267171153
He hates the shit out of the fanbase. He just wanted a party game.
>>
>>267171850
Why does it matter that a lesser franchise got a clone? It doesn't automatically diminish the value of bigger franchises
>>
>Alph who is an entirely separate character from Olimar is an alt
>Dr. Mario, Mario in a lab coat, is his own character
>Dark Pit, literally a Pit clone, is his own character
>Peach can't even get a proper Daisy alt to shut Daisyfags up
And yet you faggots will defend everything he does like it's the word of God
>>
>>267172093
Wow, so you think a reskin for JUST the final smash is enough to warrant Alph being his own character?
You do know, they could've just not included Alph at all right? It would make no difference since he is more of a carbon copy of Olimar than Dark Pit is to Pit; because Dark Pit actually has a seperate personality, goal, etc.
Play Kid Icarus Uprising, then you might be allowed to have a say on this
>>
>>267172270
>Wow, so you think a reskin for JUST the final smash is enough to warrant Alph being his own character?

It was enough for Dark Pit. :^)
>>
>>267172229
Alph is just a ugly olimar
>>
>>267172324
Read the rest of the post
>>
File: 1394821660013.jpg (46 KB, 313x215) Image search: [Google]
1394821660013.jpg
46 KB, 313x215
>>267171920
>POTD literally says Alph never used white or purple pikmin
>Olimar uses Flying Pikmin too
>DARK PIT CAN'T POSSIBLY HAVE USED THESE ITEMS
>>
>>267170564
I'm not surprised he's upset, things did go overboard for awhile. I am surprised that he seems to think that everyone who's disappointed will buy it anyway. That's just a cunty assumption.
>>
>>267172093
And that's literally it. A cosmetic detail that doesn't affect gameplay in the slightest. Not enough for a slot.
>>
>>267172426
Alph uses them in multiplayer.
>>
>>267172080
Ladies and gentlemen, this anon kindly summed up all the Dark Pit haters.
>>
Alph uses rock and pink PIKMIN, but not white and purple, and has a different ship from Olimar's final smash. Stop saying they do the exact same shit
>>
>>267170564

Sakurai is pretentious fuck who continually shits on everyone who likes his games. More news at 11.

Also:
>Falco
>Ganondorf
>not clones
>>
File: 1411529612649.gif (189 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1411529612649.gif
189 KB, 200x200
>>267170767
>Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped.
>Could you please leave it to me to select [characters] with man-hours and costs in mind?

BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT

I'm still sad about Mewtwo not coming back though
>>
>>267172436
He's right, they will bitch about Ridley or whoever the flavor of the month side character not being included and buy it later.
>>
I do like how pissy he gets with nerds sometimes, but fuck Dark Pit.
>>
>>267171948
Wow he's only relevant for one game big fucking whoop
>>
Any character that's name is just "Adjective MainCharacter" can go fuck themselves.

Fuck Toon Link. Fuck Dr. Mario. Fuck Dark Pit. All 3 are total fucking wastes.
>>
>>267172620
The point is he's not unique and different enough from Olimar despite those things. But because of the story driven nature of Kid Icarus Uprising, we know enough about Dark Pit that him being his own character in Smash makes at least sense.
>>
>>267170564
>This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge.
Yeah, let's just all pirate this game since it's meant to be free.
>>
>>267172743
So is Alph; and he's got two other protagonists with him who also do the exact same shit he does.
Dark Pit has way more right to be his own Smash character than Alph; and I'm saying this as someone who's dissappointed he's a clone
>>
>>267172375
And Dark Put is just a sexier Pit, what's your point
>>
>falco, Ganon, toon link, dr mario, dark pit, and Lucina kept one original character out of smash
>>
>>267172775
The story doesn't effect how the character plays you fucking retard. Alph having different Pikmin would already make him more unique than Dark Pit and 2 changes from regular Pit.
>>
>>267172093
And what's wrong with that? It's like expecting a parent to favor someone else's child. At least people play Dark Pit.
>>
>In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”
> I don’t think there’s anybody

Samuari confirmed for never visiting 4chan.
>>
>>267172631
Falco was only a clone in Melee. Well he's a clone in PM too but that's a different discussion
>>
>>267172759

But Toon Link plays completely differently from regular Link. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit have a couple of moves changed. They're no different from choosing a different color palette and using custom moves.
>>
>>267173010
Not at all, rock pikmin are just purple pikmin and flying pikmin are just for recovery
>>
>>267173067
More like confirmed to not listening to anyone.
>>
>>267170767
>food analogy

Wow, what a fag
>>
>>267170564
"Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen."

Explains the lack of Ridley.
>>
The only clone that bothers me is Dr. Mario because he's a clone of the most boring character in the fucking game. Oh boy, two fucking Marios. Woohoo.
>>
>>267173123
They have star changes like speed, power and launching
>>
>>267172157
It's weird. I understand that tourneyfags want this game to be more tourney-oriented, since it does have potential for that.

But I get what Sakurai wants, he doesn't this game to favor a niche crowd who doesn't even care about Nintendo and that's unwelcoming to new players.
>>
The Koopalings all have different personalities and don't drive the clown car nor become Shadow Mario

But no you're right it makes absolutely no sense for Dark Pit to use Pit's final smash and his personality is so different let's give him his own slot :^)
>>
File: 1385098635151.gif (344 KB, 549x376) Image search: [Google]
1385098635151.gif
344 KB, 549x376
>>267170564

>Could you please leave it to me to select [characters] with man-hours and costs in mind? However you look at it, the game is a great bargain buy as a result.
>>
>I-IT'S FREE SHIT!
Oh, Sakurai.
>>
>>267170767
>However you look at it, the game is a great bargain buy as a result.
Not really when 64, brawl and melee exist
>>
>>267173123
what pisses me off about toon link is that link has a shit-ton of items and weapons.

yet they both get boomerang, box, bombs, and spin-attack. oh, and hookshot grapple.

No, don't need to use any of the other grappling items featured in wind waker or the DS zeldas. don't need to give him a slingshot like Young Link uses. fuck.
>>
>>267173261
Whats funny is that someone from here actually said near the same thing in one of the other smash threads, could it be that Sakurai visits /v/?
>>
File: 1405709637459.png (738 KB, 1010x707) Image search: [Google]
1405709637459.png
738 KB, 1010x707
>a lot of them are children
Cry baby fags getting BTFO
>>
So Sakurai is a piece of shit? Got it.

>MUH MAN HOURS, MUH COST

You're funded and supported by Nintendo, douche. Not like they're gonna suddenly stop funding SUPER FUCKING SMASH GOD DAMN BROTHERS if you ask for some more support.

I can see he gets more aggressive in his comments every time. Good, hopefully this means he's getting fed up with it and he can fuck off and give Smash back to HAL Labs, the TRUE geniuses behind the success that was Melee. It irks me that Saku-cunt gets all this praise.
>>
>>267173364
Not to mention they really vary in size. Half of them look retarded with Jr.'s height.
>>
>>267173010
If Alph was his own character, he would be closer to Olimar than Dark Pit is to Pit.
What? Would he throw Pikmin a little further? Would he pluck a little slower? Seriously.

Kid Icarus Uprising had the worldbuilding of the weapons, and dialogue which made the characters have personalities (whether or not they are good ones is subjective). Sakurai just decided time was more important and didn't impliment this into the character.

The Pikmin protagonists are mute. We don't have a lot to go on to differentiate Alph from Olimar except "he doesnt use some kinds of Pikmin".

Let's say, hypothetically, time and funds were taken to make Alph and Dark Pit both fleshed out, non-clone characters. It would be EXTREMELY difficult to do so for Alph; he would be about as different as Dr.Mario is to Mario.
Dark Pit, on the other hand, would probably have more care taken to him by Sakurai because of his favouritism, and would have some of the many weapons and mechanics from Kid Icarus Uprising that they didn't use on Pit.

Face it; Dark Pit is way, WAY more worthy of his own fighter than Alph.
>>
>This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge

How about you made more ats like Daisy or Dry Bowser or Link and Samus costumes fuck it just don't waste time turning costumes into characters when you could make more costumes.
>>
>>267173285

And Duck Hunt Dog, am I right?
>>
>>267173453
>brawl
>better than kerfuffle
only if you mod it
>>
>>267172905
>Dark Pit has way more right to be his own Smash character than Alph; and I'm saying this as someone who's dissappointed he's a clone
Fuck no, Pikmin is way more fucking relevant and deserving of another rep than Kid Icarus
>>
>A lot of them are children
Who is worst?
Kayima or Sakurai
>>
File: 1411959592276.png (525 KB, 935x904) Image search: [Google]
1411959592276.png
525 KB, 935x904
>Samurai goes full damage control
>food analogy
>>
>>267173645
Why though? The characters in Pikmin all do exactly the same shit the same way and don't even have personalities
>>
>Sean malstrom is right
>>
This guy seems like such an ass.
You could call him the actual Japanese Phil Fish.
>>
>>267173569
You never played Pikmin 3 did you? That game is nonstop talking between Alpha and his cohorts
>>
File: lLTfTpI.jpg (209 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
lLTfTpI.jpg
209 KB, 720x960
>>267173654
Sakurai because he still makes shit games and complains.

At least Kamiya's executive decisions aren't shit.
>>
So where's Wolf and Lucas
>>
>>267171369
>While Dark Pit and Pit are the same, making Dark Pit a separate character was required in order to give him “his unique arm and Final Smash”

You could have had that "unique" arm as a custom move for Pit. And Dark Pit's Final Smash isn't unique, you just took Zelda's FS and slapped it onto DP.

The man is either stupid or really pretentious if he honestly believes this shit.
>>
>>267173803
And you obviously never played Kid Icarus Uprising, because you would know about all the weapons and abilities, and how Dark Pit and Pit have clashing ideals.
>>
>>267173654
Kamiya actually listens to what people want and doesn't skip on any type of fanservice.
>>
>>267173654
When Sakurai starts making 'yo mamma' jokes and using CAPS LOCK it'll be a more of a fight.
>>
>>267173569
>Pikmin characters
>mute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9YTYmM9OJ8
>>
>>267173834
This chick looks almost exactly like a friend of mine. Except, my friend is almost flat.
>>
>>267173998
HAS YO MAMA EVER MADE A GAME?
>>
The rosterfags and tourneyfags are slowly turning Sakurai into the next Kamiya.
>>
>>267172384
His personality doesn't mean shit

fucking ROB is in the game. It doesn't matter what their personality is like.
>>
>>267173927
Where did I even talk about uprising
>>
>>267173569
>A character whose whole shtick is that he's a black recolor of the main character is more deserving than a character derivative of a past one with a different personality and use different items and tools.
>>
File: 1404011144420.gif (423 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1404011144420.gif
423 KB, 400x300
>/v/ getting BTFO
>>
File: 10.jpg (48 KB, 429x377) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
48 KB, 429x377
>>267170564
>Dr. Mario fans
>>
>>267171369
>>Sakurai goes on to say that Lucina and Marth have different sword properties. While Dark Pit and Pit are the same, making Dark Pit a separate character was required in order to give him “his unique arm and Final Smash”

How about you make them original characters you lazy piece of shit.
>>
File: super dev bros.jpg (135 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
super dev bros.jpg
135 KB, 600x800
>>267173654
Sorry but Sakurai still has a lot to learn from the master.
>>
>>267174126
You're talking about Dark Pit, who is a secondary character in Uprising
>>
>>267174074
Kamiya has a lot of good games under his belt though.
>>
>>267170564

He gave this explanation about clone characters a good while ago.

Why are you making threads about it now?
>>
>>267170564
Damn, this guy has an ego.

I really hope he isn't in charge of the next smash.
>>
>making Dark Pit a separate character was required in order to give him “his unique arm and Final Smash”
>could have been a custom move for Pit, since everyone and their mother has an electric attack
>Final Smash is literally Zelda's
>>
>>267173654
Kamiya doesn't seem to cut corners on his games

And then compare it to a free dessert
>>

BTFO
>>
>>267174137
You haven't played Kid Icarus Uprising, please don't reply.
>>
>>267173927
And you've obviously never played a Mario game with Koopalings who all have different items, abilities, and personalities
>>
>"Hey faggots, we have fucking budgets and deadlines so we can't cater to your little autistic needs. You're gonna buy the fucking game so shut the fuck up"

how can one man be so based?
>>
>>267173285
And Ice Climbers, and ROB, and Duck Hunt, and Ness, and Captain Falcon.
>>
>"the game is a great bargain buy as a result"
>No Adventure mode of any kind
>No break the targets/board the platforms
>NO EVENT MATCHES AT ALL
>Smash Run gets repetitive immediately and is only worthwhile for farming items
>most of the character customization is kind of bland anyway
>"but we threw in a few extra characters for dessert"
Unless the Wii U version steps it up in a big way, this is the least content the series has had since fucking Smash 64.
>>
>>267174180
I haven't mentioned anything about dark pit. I don't care that he's in the game
>>
>>267173654
Kamiya at least gives a shit about his games and doesn't cut shit because his hand hurts.
>>
>>267174305
>based
>>
Just admit falco was a poor choice.
He should have been cut after melee
>>
>>267170767
HAHAHAHA BTFO BY FUCKING SAKURAI
>>
>>267174305
>based
>>
>>267174361
You were responding to an argument that was saying Dark Pit is more deserving of a character than Alph; not just shitting on Alph.
>>
File: 1412094355642.jpg (81 KB, 469x746) Image search: [Google]
1412094355642.jpg
81 KB, 469x746
It's true, I've been telling "MUH SLOTS" fags since Toon Link was announced that having a clone character doesn't mean an original character automatically cut in their favor. It's just a way to pad the roster.

Of course this won't stop angsty ridleyfags and retarded Ashley pedophiles stop shitting their pants, but they are just too far gone that it's no use talking to them anymore.
>>
>Sakurai
>Keeping his word
lel
>>
>>267174287
Oh sorry, I forgot that a character who actually plays EXACTLY like the protagonist in a level has more potential than a character whose has distinct mechanics.
>>
>>267174409

Falco (and Ganondorf / Toon Link) would be great additions if they weren't clones.
>>
>>267173346

That's not it though, Tourneyfags are an extreme on one side of the spectrum, Sakurai is the opposite extreme. Most of us sit comfortably in the middle, Sakurai doesn't want what "we" want, when Sakurai says party game he is thinking "Mario Party".
>>
>>267174487
Hi, just giving you a reply, because your post is completely true but nobody ever responds to ones like it. Just letting you know someone aknowledges and agrees with you.
>>
>>267174360
>more characters than Melee
>more songs than Melee
>more stages than Melee
>more trophies than Melee
>>
>>267173907
If there's no other characters launching initially with the Wii U version I'm not buying it. That article links to one about how he chooses characters for the roster and half of it is blatant lies. "Do these characters franchises have a future?" Yeah I'm sure Game n Watch, ROB, Captain Falcon, etc are gonna have a great future.

Don't get me wrong, not saying characters like Falcon should be cut, but he's talking out of his goddamn ass. Nobody calls him out on it though because he's Sakurai-sama, pure and perfect.
>>
>>267174305
>based
>>
>>267173907
It really didn't have to be unique, it just had to be different from Pit's
>>
>>267174487

less content > bad filler
>>
>>267174576
lol? But all the Pikmin characters play exactly the same
>>
>>267174476
No, I responded to the false statement that the pikmin protagonists are mute.
You can go crazy over defending pittoo but don't start shitting on things you don't know. Just makes you look worse
>>
>>267173469
Even more so because Toon link is the hero of the wind. HE could have had fucking wind powers for fucks sake.

Down B= Pick up random colour piggy and throw it.
Side B= Wind current that pushes and hurts enemies
Up B = Deku Leaf
B = Megaton fucking hammer

There, done. Unique character. But noo, muh man hours and costs

fucking shit, half the shit that's back its taken directly from previous smash's
>>
>>267172667
Even Nintendo hates acknowledges the fact how manchildren gravitate toward their games.

Sakurai here outright disses them for it.
Fucking amazing.
>>
>>267174646
>comparing it to a game over a decade old that had a much smaller budget and is 2 predecessors ago
>>
File: 1373548506419.gif (2 MB, 348x323) Image search: [Google]
1373548506419.gif
2 MB, 348x323
>Sakurai actually calling the turbo-autists that complain about roster padding whining children

Thank you for this gift, Sakurai, you are truly the chosen one
>>
>>267174694
>filler
That only applies to stories
>>
>>267174712
But that's exactly what Dark Pit haters are doing.
>>
>>267174646
A lot of the content is recycled and what is new isn't very good.

Might just be the 3DS version.
>>
>>267174205
>Implying Kirby's Air Ride, Kid Icarus Uprising, and the Super Smash Bros. series aren't god tier vidyas.

The Kirby franchise as a whole isn't god tier, but I'd say it's above average.
>>
>>267174694
Some people like what you consider a "bad filler". There's lots of Lucina and Doc fans out there
>>
File: 1410344900418.gif (2 MB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
1410344900418.gif
2 MB, 440x440
>This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal
>Dr. Rehash, FeMarth, Dark Shit
>dessert
>inferior 3DS version
>a luxurious meal
>>
>Faggots are ACTUALLY defending edge pit
He's the exact fucking same, minus his side b and final smash
>>
>>267174924
They're defending his right to be a fighter, not the actual fighter himself
>>
>fucking faggot samurai we hate clones
>lol shut the fuck up nintoddler you're going to down my large meaty cock like a meat dish and me finishing in my mouth will be dark pit flying out to grace your taste buds
>>
>>267170564
HAVE YOU EVER MADE A GAME

I GUESS SINCE A LOT OF THEM ARE CHILDREN, IT CAN'T BE HELPED.
>>
>>267174887
I consider Ike, and falcon bad filler
>>
>>267174924
I bet you think Falco was perfectly acceptable when Melee came out
>>
>>267174818
Even if I played Uprising, I wouldn't want Dark Pit. Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, and I enjoy playing as him in Brawl, but I still think he's a complete fucking waste of a slot.
>>
>>267174830
KI:U was hampered by the platform it was on. Could have been god tier.

Brawl was okay. Just okay.

I'll give you Kirby's Air Ride though.
>>
>>267174707
EXPLAIN THE KOOPALINGS
>>
>>267174924
I hope you've never defended another clone in Smash.
Smash 64 Luigi counts.
>>
Shit, more ammo for the Ridleyfags to shitpost about. As if they aren't already insufferable enough. I just want Sakurai to come out and say "fuck you autistic ridley niggers"
>>
>>267175054
And I consider you a faggot
>>
>>267174305
>man
>>
>>267175110
You mean the clown car?
>>
>>267175110
That'd take way too much time. They could either be alternate costumes, or not in at all. That's 7 characters vs 1 you moron
>>
File: 1412450822962.jpg (197 KB, 839x1083) Image search: [Google]
1412450822962.jpg
197 KB, 839x1083
>>267174887
>lots of doc fans out there

The only people you see defending Dr. Mario are the b-but muh tornado! faggots, people were actually glad he was cut from Brawl and no one at all was expecting him to return. He was more out of left field than WFT.
>>
>>267175054
I consider my penis good filler in your mom's vagina
>>
>>267170564
We already knew this, he's just repeating this for the idiots who think Dark Pit getting in meant no Ridley.

That being said, no matter how you slice it Dark Pit was just a bad decision. He's a very lazy clone and the "well he has a different personality and mucks with canon" excuse doesn't fly as >>267173364 explains. Dr. Mario is also pretty lazy, they could've put him in through alts and customs, and this is coming from a guy who regularly uses him. I can forgive Lucina though, since her tipless blade requires you to play her completely different.

also lel dat shit food analogy

>>267174360
I think event matches are going to be in the Wii U version, since audio for it was found in the 3DS files. But yeah, I really hope it has more content. A story mode has been deconfirmed but I'm hoping for Melee's adventure mode; just a nice trek through the worlds of Nintendo.
>>
>completely forgot to even remember that Ganondorf is a clone

Let Koei Tecmo handle Ganondorf in the next Smash, Sakurai.
>>
File: IMG_0177.jpg (91 KB, 703x680) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0177.jpg
91 KB, 703x680
>>267173285
>>267173591
>>267174306
these fuckers get it... Smash 4 feel like it was done fueled by hatred and mediocrecy
>>
File: PAIN.gif (470 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
PAIN.gif
470 KB, 200x200
I would completely agree with him and be fine with clones if it wasn't for the fucking fact that Wolf, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Ice Climbers and Mewtwo have all been cut when most of them had completely unique movesets and the clones were significantly better than the clones we got now. On top of that, Ganondorf, Falco and Toon Link are still clones, Zelda and Sheik still share a final smash.

MEANWHILE, Pit got an ENTIRELY NEW MOVESET, Palutena got entirely unique custom moves and Dark fucking Pit got a different Final Smash than Pit.

THAT is my problem, not the fact that there's clones. FIX THE FUCKING GAME BEFORE EVEN THINKING ABOUT ADDING FILLER OR EVEN NEW CHARACTERS YOU FUCKEIRNKANREJW>DNASDJALWR
>>
>>267175212
I saw plenty of people wanting him back before the game's announcement
>>
>>267172229
Isn't Doctor Mario stronger, more competitive and have the Mario tornado as his down b instead of fluud?
>>
b-but muh slots....
>>
>>267174263
so making extra characters = cutting corners?
>>
>>267174687
I agree. That reasoning is 100% bullshit. If that's how he decides who's in, then why did he leave in Ness? MOTHER is over and done with, it finished its story. None of the retro games he put on the roster has had shit recently except for Pit and that's because Sakurai himself made the game. And yes, Nintendo isn't interested in making any more F-Zero games, so why is Falcon still in the game?
>>
>>267170564
Another thread in which people complain about Sakurai and Smash 4 for petty, dumb as shit reasons.
Thanks OP, we really needed another one.
>>
ROSTERFAGS BTFO
BASED SAKURAI
>>
File: stockholm.jpg (273 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
stockholm.jpg
273 KB, 600x400
>tons of shit cut including characters
>important popular series such as Zelda, Donkey Kong and Metroid get ignored in favor joke characters and Kid Icarus, they didn't even bother to unclone Ganondorf despite reworking various other characters
>random alternate costumes are made into clones while others remain just as costumes
>a bunch of stupid shit nobody wants like tons of grinding and equipment
>smash run isn't online, can't even interact with other people like in smash run
>a bunch of options were left out for no reason whatsoever

>THANK YOU BASED SAKURAI HAHA BTFO
>>
File: 1407860875708.jpg (67 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1407860875708.jpg
67 KB, 600x800
>tfw the Wii U version will still reuse all the Brawl shit like the 3DS version did
At least update the victory themes, fuck. The majority sounded like shit in Brawl.
>>
>>267174646
Yeah, and the vast majority of that content is lazily copy-pasted from Melee and Brawl. There's only 70 songs and a bunch of them are from Brawl.
A bunch of the trophies are completely unchanged models ripped from their original games, whereas almost every single trophy in Melee had some kind of personal touch to it.

Combine that with the fact that Smash just isn't much fun to play on a portable system with relatively cluttered controls and a little slidepad stick, and I'm beginning to seriously question the need for a 3DS version at all.
>>
>>267172134
Conan O'Brien was bitching about a Pong match going on in the middle of their fight.
>>
>>267175451
Ness was in the original Smash and is a very popular Smash character, Needless to say, people would be majorly upset.
>>
>>267174287
Not That guy, but stop being retarded. Personality or not, Dark Pit is still a literal clone in moveset and looks. What's really irritating is that in brawl, Pit already had a dark alt.There's no excuse for what Sakurai did here. Stop sucking his dick and think.
>>
>>267175451
Because original 12 and he's popular, duh.
>>
>>267174646
More than half of that shit is straight from Melee and Brawl. Just look at the stages and music.
>>
>>267174646
Yes. Stages, songs and trophies really fill out the replay value of this game
>>
>>267175274
I think Dark Pit was a pretty stupid choice too, but whining about him like he destroyed the entire game is even more retarded.

I like Lucina too, I don't want her cut in the next Smash
>>
Maybe if Sakurai didn't suck his own dick all the time and maybe added a rep or two to old franchises that are still getting games and have been represented since the fucking first smash, it wouldn't have been so bad. Let's say Dixie was a Diddy clone, it would have been okay because at least DK is getting some love. Or if Funky was a semi clone of Donkey Kong it would have been okay because it's being acknowledged. I don't have a true gripe with the clones, but Mario doesn't need more reps, fire emblem doesn't really need more reps and kid Icarus DEFINITELY doesn't need more reps
>>
>>267175386
Pit got Falcon's Side B slightly reworked and Lucario's Up B without the curve, and an extra side for the shield to cover.

Thats it. Bowser got more of a revamp than Pit you stupid nigger.
>>
>>267171991
>comparing a full 3DS release to a 2-second, 1-square-inch map teaser that doesn't even feature full gameplay
>>
File: 1376697575797.jpg (12 KB, 200x255) Image search: [Google]
1376697575797.jpg
12 KB, 200x255
TLDR:

>I'm not going to waste budget on new characters, I hope you like clones because those take no effort

>you'll all eat it up and buy anyway like the little Nintentoddler sheep you are

Anyone who can't see that clones are a shitty excuse for roster characters - especially when new Smash already recycles so much from Brawl - is only fueling Nintendo's desires to take a lazier, half-assed approach.
>>
>>267175629
Quick, how many stages are completely new?

How many songs are completely new?
>>
>>267175542
Im not denying that Dark Pit is a shitty clone of Pit. My point is he has potential to NOT be a clone because of the content in KI:U.
I'm not upset by Dark Pit's inclusion in smash; I'm upset that he's a clone when they could have done something different. Anyone who thinks otherwise has obviously not played KI:U.
>>
>>267175683
Fuck off dk fag
Maybe you should have bought the new one.
>>
>>267175518
>question the need for a 3DS version at all.
No wants a Wii U, so they made a 3DS version for those people who refuse to buy it.

The sad thing is that they probably wouldn't have made a 3DS version at all if the sales were much better.
>>
>>267175693

Still better than what Ganon got, which was fucking nothing.
>>
File: 1406782608455.png (26 KB, 159x135) Image search: [Google]
1406782608455.png
26 KB, 159x135
ITT: Angry Ridleyfags

Ridley will never, never, EVER be in Smash Bros.
>>
>>267175735
Theres 6 fucking clones about of 51 characters, 3 of which play differently (Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr.Mario - Luigi, Ganondorf, Falco)
Calm the shit down
>>
>>267175735
That not it at all, they just added some clones at the last second to make the roster bigger, they did this in melee with ganon, pichu, falco, and dr mario.
>>
>>267175775
But I did and I loved it.
>>
File: bretty sad.png (62 KB, 200x325) Image search: [Google]
bretty sad.png
62 KB, 200x325
>miyamoto will never take over smash
>>
>>267175386
Are we pretending Bowser didn't get the biggest overhaul, along with Zero Suit and Charizard?
>meanwhile at Ganondorf's house
>>
Sounds about right. It's good that Sakurai tells it how it is.

The video game community still has a lot of growing up to do. It's easy for these children to piss and moan about video games when they haven't placed a single foot in the world of developing video games. Even I haven't, but I'm mature enough to be able to empathise.

Right on, Sakurai.
>>
>>267175421
>presenting literal pallete swaps as characters
>choosing to take a shortcut and pad with clones rather than going the extra mile unique character

Yes, yes it is
>>
>>267175485
>>important popular series such as Zelda, Donkey Kong and Metroid get ignored
>Zelda
>get ignored

Zelda has the most assist trophies, a shit ton of enemies, 5 separated characters, one of 3 franchises to get more than 1 new stage, and all the vets got buffed. BUT NO, ONLY NEWCOMERS COUNT
>>
>>267175840
The Wii U wasn't even on sale when Smash was announced, no one was expecting it to flop. The 3DS was selling like shit at the time, so it was probably to raise interest in that.
>>
>>267175735
Sakurai used to love making videogames. Based off some things he said, he's seeing videogames as something that only children should play and make. He feels he's outgrowing videogames.
>>
>>267175958

That's fine, he is looking after Star Fox and Metroid. Smash can suck a dick.
>>
>>267170564

Why does Sakurai dress and style his hair like an old women?
>>
>>267175958
He couldn't handle that, plus he'd make Pac-Man OP.
>>
>>267175964
>but I'm mature enough
Clearly you're not if you're trying to prove that to anonymous posters on /v/ of all places.
>>
>>267175735
Why should Sakurai even bother? He's gonna get shitted on anyways
>>
>>267175958
>we will never get Super Smash Sticker Star
;_;
>>
The only people hating on Dark Pit are people who haven't played Kid Icarus Uprising and are convinced that he replaced a character they wanted.

If you know your shit, you won't hate Dark Pit. You will be disappointed that he ended up being a clone when he had the potential to be unique.
>>
File: 1367889667297.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1367889667297.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>Could you please leave it to me to select [characters] with man-hours and costs in mind? However you look at it, the game is a great bargain buy as a result.

I do not understand.

Also DP's unique final smash is just Shiek's, and the Electroshock Arm could have just been a custom variant, same with the Silver Bow Arrows.
>>
>>267175683
>Wants DK reps
>Wants them both to be clones

DK doesn't need reps to show it's influence, since they're mostly boring and irrelevant anyway. It needs Stages and Assist Trophies
>>
>>267175979

Don't forget that Ganon and toon link are clones and none of them get alt costumes except for Link's shitty reskins.
>>
>>267176065
Because he's as close-minded, stubborn, and ignorant as an old woman.
>>
>>267176065
Because attractive asian men look identical to unattractive white women.
>>
>clones don't time to make so we added a bunch!
>wolf and lucas? too much work lol
>>
>>267175485
Who else could they even add from Zelda, all the important characters are covered. Hell, people want Toon Link out of the game, you could say there's one too many already.
>>
>>267170564
the clones were tossed in to pad the roster out, when iceclimbers (any possibly others) were scrapped.
>>
>>267174983
So someone who's a color swap has more right than a more unique character?
>>267175056
Yeah he was an alternate to Fox
>>267175135
Clones at least are somewhat different. Edge Pit is worse than a clone, he's a color swap
>>
>>267175403
In Melee he was unquestionably better than Mario but in Smash 4 most people consider Mario to be better since his attacks are easier to combo with, plus the cape offers better recovery.

>>267175679
I didn't mean to come off as implying Smash 4 is shit. I like it and just about every Smash game has had a "what the fuck" addition that people will forget about as the years go by, it's just that the defenses offered for Dark Pit are pretty fuckin' dumb.
>>
>>267175524
Pft, what a fucking tourneyfag.
>>
>>267175863
>>
>>267175056
At least he's his own character. Dark Pit and Doc are literal copies of characters already in the game.
>>
File: 1338881369750.jpg (62 KB, 800x440) Image search: [Google]
1338881369750.jpg
62 KB, 800x440
>>267175979

Let's completely ignore the recurring villain of the series who has been in like 10 games and is still a clone after 3 games.

Also toon link.
>>
>>267176273
Not clones.
>>
>>267176161
This is the Smash fanbase though. A franchise could get two stages, a ton of music, three assist trophies, but just because there's no newcomers, that means they got the shaft.
>>
Sakurai tells off players about their opinions over his personal choices. Then continues to say the fanbase is nothing but children, further pushes his control over manpower and limitations despite working with Nintendo, one of the largest paid game companies in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O8kRTVkjEI
>>
File: 1399973381557.jpg (21 KB, 561x413) Image search: [Google]
1399973381557.jpg
21 KB, 561x413
The people bitching about clones aren't children, they're just autistic who don't know any better.

Still though, I appreciate him telling it how it is. Beats out the canned PR response that anyone else at Nintendo would shit out.

You faggots can't deal with reality checks. You got BTFO.
>>
>>267176120
I didn't care for Dark Pit in Uprising. Neither did the rest of the cast. I'd take Hades, Medusa, Pyrron, the Chariot Master, fucking Dog over him.
>>
>>267175840
Maybe if they had actually marketed the fucking thing within its first year, this kind of thing wouldn't be happening.
I can't believe the same company that put out the "Wii would like to play" campaign fucked up their console launch so hard. Even just calling it the "SUPER WII" probably would have been enough.
>>
>>267176161
I never said I wanted them to be clones. But if they were it'd be better than getting nothing.
But you're right there isn't enough assist trophy for DK or items
>>
>>267175849
Super Armor and some of the best customs in the game? Yeah, poor Ganny. Anyone decent with him is wrecking shit up while you're whining
>>
>>267175958
>trusting washed out and senile Miyamoto after Sticker Star

Thank god he'll never take over. He'll just uplift tea tables and make the dev crunch time experience all the more chaotic.
>>
>>267176080
I'm trying to prove my maturity? How? All I said is that I'm mature enough and nothing else.
>>
God I thought I was bitter when people kept referring to Shulk as "generic anime swordsman" but you KI:U sure take the cake with your "You'd understand if you played the game."
>>
>>267176207
>link's shitty reskins
>skyward sword tunic
>dark link
>fucking fierce deity link

TL and Ganon are only semi clones, by the way.
>>
>>267176391
At least you know your shit, you're not going around shitting on Dark Pit though, I can tell.
>>
>>267176413

It's cute that you think that.
>>
>Ice Climbers already made on the Wii U version
>Cut EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE ALREADY IN THE GAME
>people still defend sakurai no matter what
>>
>>267176357
>Ganondorf and Toon Link are half-assed clones
>therefore everything he mentioned isn't real
anon
>>
>>267176373
>Then continues to say the fanbase is nothing but children
It is tho
>>
File: 1397261170746.png (70 KB, 171x196) Image search: [Google]
1397261170746.png
70 KB, 171x196
>>267176120
Even Uprisingfags didn't want Dark Pit in the game, I saw more people wanting shit like Magnus and Phyrron than Dark Pit.
>>
>>267176470
It's only true though
>>
>>267176529
Replaced with duck hunt so I'm happy.
>>
Japanese Phil Fish is at it again :^)
>>
>>267174151
>But muh man hours, muh costs

>>267174218
I hope so too. I fucking hate the fact that Megaman is in such a shitty smash... Im still buying the game for the wii u, just to support my blue nigga and the franchise. Hope for the better if there's a smash 5

>>267174287
Pittoo is a litteral clone both in Sm4sh and Uprising. He COULD have been an unique character, but this fucker just made him a clone with a stolen final smash.

>>267174305
Two years copying used shit from previous smash's.
>Deadlines
>man hours
Sure, Im buying the game because my blue nigga is in, but sakurai dropped the ball hard.
>>
ALL OF THIS COULD BE AVOIDED IF THE WII U VERSION HAS THE SAME SHIT AS THE 3DS VERSION + MORE CHARACTERS AND CONTENT
>>
>>267173654
Sakurai is hands down worse then Kamiya in every single way.

They're also on opposite ends of the casual-hardcore spectrum.
>>
TL;DR

>Sakurai basically says he did the clones for free.

>Whiny baby children crying over the clones that are better than the original characters.
>>
>>267176612
I never said we wanted him in, I'm only saying we're disappointed. But you are still right.
>>
File: 1411881912989.png (241 KB, 195x315) Image search: [Google]
1411881912989.png
241 KB, 195x315
Why can't it be helped /v/?
>>
>>267175979
You forgot the 3 really good items
>>
>>267176648

They weren't replaced in favor of another character. They were already in the Wii U version.
>>
>we put in three Melee-style clones because it's quick and cheap!
>but we couldn't just simply port in the two least clone-like of Brawl's clones and make little tweaks for 4's engine
>also we're too lazy to do anything to Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Falco
>>
File: PitsBody2.png (140 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
PitsBody2.png
140 KB, 320x240
>>267176120
You know what would have been a better character than Dark Pit? This.
I'm dead serious.
>>
>>267175735
I've gotten this feeling from a lot of nintendo games lately.
Pokemon X/Y- No endgame. Stupid megaevolutions, minimal new pokemon
Kirby 3D- Much easier (even for a kirby game), no alternate colors, uninspired supernova, 2 minigames (see mass attack)
Mario Kart WiiU- terrible battle mode, babies, mario/metal mario/cat mario/baby mario, DLC shenanigans
It just feels like they're skating by on their name these days.
>>
>>267176691
So you're complaining and are clearly unsatisfied, yet you're still buying it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.