[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGSV:TPP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: metalgearsolidV.jpg (158 KB, 850x476) Image search: [Google]
metalgearsolidV.jpg
158 KB, 850x476
The game I'm still torn about
>>
Second best MGS.
>>
File: 1.jpg (13 KB, 455x447) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
13 KB, 455x447
>>345447330
>no story
>no bosses
>not even a final boss
>no codec
>no funny moments save for kaz's hamburger tapes
>motherbase feels dead, piss walker managed to make it feel alive because of all the tapes
>cant even play football
>quiet is shit-tier waifubait with a potato face, below average tits and a retarded excuse for her existence (SHE BREATHES THROUGH HER SKIN)
>skullface used to be a super serious mysterious villain but he spontaneously turned into the fucking hamburglar
>jeep ride
>constant helicopter credits spoiling everything before the mission even starts
>game was marketed as depicting big boss' downfall and that it would be super edgy so kojima added humor to not depress the players
>the most morally questionable thing you do in the entire game is killing your own staff when they get infected by a parasite (rest in peace by the way)
yeah, totally the second best MGS
dumbfuck
>>
>>345446534
I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel
I'm cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed into something real
I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn
Youre a little late, I'm already torn
>>
File: such lust.jpg (30 KB, 288x432) Image search: [Google]
such lust.jpg
30 KB, 288x432
>>345448731
Skull Face was the best character in phantom pain and you know it.
>>
>>345449752
Holy shit kill yourself
>>
>>345448731
forgot to mention
>big medic is mute because kojima wanted it to be more like mad max
>BOSS GET DOWN THATS AN ENEMY GUNSHIP
>ocelot is the voice of reason on motherbase
>OCELOT IS THE VOICE OF REASON ON MOTHER BASE
>THE INSANE HOMOEROTIC RUSSIAN FUCCBOI THAT HAS A HARD ON FOR TRIPLE CROSSING SPONTANEOUSLY TURNS INTO THE BORING AMERICAN COWBOY THAT NEVER DOES ANYTHING INTERESTING EVER WHOSE SOLE ROLE IS TO BE A DIPLOMATIC MEDIATOR THAT SOLVES ARGUMENTS
>the reason why huey doesnt die is half assed as fuck because big medic is supposed to be a villain when he exiles him in the first place
>already speculated BEFORE release that you were going to play as big boss' body double but the theory never gained traction because of how stupid it was
>kojima uses the body double excuse and kojifags instantly bend over to take the hack gook cock
>liquid is more irrelevant than quiet in terms of story, literally just stirs up trouble then leaves with the generic metal gear that wasnt even finished
>fobs are not optional even though the pre-release videos said so
>speaking of multiplayer, the game has no fucking anticheat whatsoever
>MGO3 is generic run and gun bullshit infested with cheaters
>the entirety of chapter 2
>majority of missions in chapter 1 arent even tied to the story, you're just doing missions because "this guy told us to"
>beat the game as the good guy who saves animals and kids alike
>black screen
>LOL YOU'RE A VILLAIN NOW CONGRATS BIG BOSS YOU JUST WASTED 60 EUROS ON THIS SHITTY GAME THAT HAD NO IMPACT ON THE FRANCHISE AS A WHOLE
fuck kojima and fuck mgsv
>>
It's a (mostly) good game but a very poor Metal Gear.
>>
imo MGSV is a game for rednecks who like bums with eyepatch
>>
>>345448731
>almost all the complaints are related to the story
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>345448731
>cant even play football
And this is why MGSV couldn't have been anything but a dissapointment.
People went full retard and thought Kojima would make a game that would even include even fucking football mechanics for no reason.
Don't know why they thought Kojima would suddenly git gud at making actual games when he has always been a talentless hack.

Probably that's why he made the most unsubtle story of the MGS franchise, he realized the MGS fanbase is composed of literal retards, so he made a story that would appeal to them.

Also, since this is /v/eddit, every single person that is now shitting on MGSV will automatically praise it the moment Death Stranding comes out, since the point of this board is being as edgy and contrarian as possible.
>>
>>345448731
You are one of those autismos who unironically got hyped for an MGS game, your opinion is already invalid.

>B-B-BUT MUH EPIC FLASHY TRAILERS WITH EPIC SONGS, N-NUCLEAR ;______________________;
>>
>>345451859
Death Stranding will be awful, Kojima is dead since a long time my friend
>>
>>345451990
And /v/ will get hyped.
I mean, you dumb fucks got hyped for MGSV even though Kojima hasn't made anything higher than a 4/10 in more than a decade.
You will get hyped, you will fall for it again, and you will try your hardest to prove that MGSV is better than DS.
>>
I enjoyed it.

Story is hot garbage but who gives a fuck save for autistic retards who wanted
>muh answers

7/10 and everyone should just move on
>>
>>345452070
I can't be hyped with Norman Reedus as the MC 2bh
>>
I enjoyed it for 600+ hours and still enjoy it daily. It do agree that it is very flawed, though. I am also currently playing through the entire series, which is a lot of fun.
>>
>>345452473
How? Literally how is that possible?
Don't you get tired of redoing the same outposts over and over? As much as you want to go out of your way to try different approaches it will eventually tire you out. How?
>>
File: REALISTIC SNAKE.png (276 KB, 703x567) Image search: [Google]
REALISTIC SNAKE.png
276 KB, 703x567
>>345451859
Calm Down there typical /v/ poster, as unfinished as the game was it makes a semi-decent sandbox set in Future-Past Afghanistan
Sure it wasn't the Snake we deserve but its the one we are stuck with forever because Konami
>>
>>345452945
but don't you know?
IN order to be a supreme diamond dog
you need to do this shit NIGHT AND DAY and get an S rank on every god damn mission
>>
you're all dipshits, the story was the strongest in the series. everyone shat on mgs3 when it came out, and now everyone loves it, and it will be the same with this.
>>
>>345453216
No, it's actually a horrible game with no redeemable aspects.
But people here had retardedly unrealistic expectations from it, even more from someone like Kojima.
>>
>>345452945
I play a lot of FOB infiltration.
>>345453226
I also have S rank on all missions, cleared all optional mission objectives, cleared all side missions, 100% finished the game, all achievements.
>>
>>345453226
I got an S-rank on everything, got my Raiden costume and all. And it barely took 100 hours if we're being generous.

The real pain in the ass are the secondary objectives on the missions. It's dreadful and excruciating and horrible and all that stuff. It's an extremely long and unfun process, ya know?

Still, I can't imagine how could anyone get 600 hours out of it, I'd say it would take about 250 hours if you're really taking your time to 100% it, so how can it hold up for an extra 350h ride? I'm genuinely curious
>>
>>345453287
Wow you hated that game, well shit you must have payed for retail price
i'm glad i only payed about $30 bucks for it and not the full $60 otherwise i might be as butthurt as you
>>
>>345448731

/thread

I can't believe there is so many people in denial
>>
File: MGSV in a nutshell.webm (1 MB, 847x360) Image search: [Google]
MGSV in a nutshell.webm
1 MB, 847x360
>>
/v/ always shits about that the story is irrelevant to a game. But TPP has the best gameplay in the series but not a good story still /v/ hates it.
You guys are fucking hypocrites.
>>
>>345449752
He's a great character in GZ and a cartoon villain in TPP
>>
>story is shit
>Kojimbo has always been a shitty writer

I don't get the hate. V is just par for the course.
>>
>>345456239
The thing i miss the ost in Phantom Pain are gimmick bosses, even MGS4 had some good ones
>>
>>345448731
this
perfect stealth game, terrible MGS installment

how the fuck can one fuck up so bad and not include codec in mgs game
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50 KB, 1366x768
I wish Kojima had done more to establish Venom as his own character, like imagine if he had the foresight and had made the Medic a central character since Peace Walker.

The little tidbits we get to see are nice, he's a better leader than John could ever have hoped to be. He's a very caring (listen to the cut Paz dialogue), pacifistic man and I love how that is contrasted against his grotesque appearance. I find it interesting that MSF's best soldier... happens to be a Medic, he took pride in saving lives, which makes having to put down his own men who he cannot save all the more tragic.

Here's another thought, when you think about how so many people worship and idolize the 'legend' of Big Boss, don't you think that goes against David's words of 'thinking for yourself' at the end of Sons of Liberty? It's almost amusing how many fans are eager to eat up whatever spew Big Boss feeds them since, he's the hero! He can do no wrong!

The Phantom Pain's ending felt like a huge, resounding 'fuck you' to those people and I love it for that.
>>
>>345455012
>he killed more than zero people in his play through
>>
>>345456997
So you never finished the game?
>>
>>345456786
>shining lights mission
>holy crap, shit is going to get serious now
>all of this fake snake awakening, he'll finally have some kind of character
>maybe revenge?
>credits roll
i honestly thought it's a joke
>>
>>345446534
The mgs games always had good gameplay but people came to that equal parts for the gameplay and the spectacle of a story kojima had come up with. This game had better gameplay but lacked a spectacle, and whats more it even advertised itself that it would have a crazy plot. Its good on its own but fans rightfully feel sort of robbed.
>>
>>345453504
>I play a lot of FOB infiltration.

It's the same thing every time. Sprint dive mag throw roll roll roll roll stop and mark UAVs roll roll roll mag throw roll roll roll wait for camera to look away roll roll roll shoot some UAVs tranq some guys roll roll crawl crawl get up walk through door.

Repeat hundreds of times.
>>
>>345456786
>he's a better leader than

He never actually leads. He takes orders from everyone else. Venom never does his own thing except for that one time when he put Huey on a boat, something his men weren't thrilled with.
>>
>>345457938
I barely roll during FOB infiltrations. Most of the times I just crouch walk. Alternatively I dolphin dive.

Reaching the core isn't all there is to it. I may be stealing personell, weapons, containers or nukes. I may also have to duke it out with a rival if they appear to defend their FOB.

Last but not least, FOB are affected by player personalization. An advanced player may have a much harder to infiltrate FOB then a newcomer. Custom mine and camera placement makes for a whole different game.
>>
>>345458326
The rewards you get are so small that you have to invade hundreds of FOBs to get the staff and resources needs to increase your level and FOB. This encourages grinding.

I think your success rate is less than 95%. You infiltrate like someone who hasn't learned the meta and realised it's all a grind.

Before you reply, remember, you are defending a shit game here.
>>
>>345459035
>The rewards you get are so small that you have to invade hundreds of FOBs to get the staff and resources needs to increase your level and FOB. This encourages grinding.
I know. I have like 700 or 800 successful FOB infiltrations. And yes, rewards are too small.
>I think your success rate is less than 95%. You infiltrate like someone who hasn't learned the meta and realised it's all a grind.
That's a complicated way of caling me a noob and telling me to git gud. I am happy with my performance.
>Before you reply, remember, you are defending a shit game here.
And that's where you're wrong. At no point during this conversation have I defended the game. I have simply stated how I play the game, because people were curious how I got above 600 hours of gameplay out of it. I am merely stating my subjective enjoyment of the game, I did not make an argument about its objective qualities.
>>
>>345448731
Literally no story

How can anyone stand behind this
>>
>>345459321
>I have simply stated how I play the game

In a positive light. Also you got all that gameplay from sitting in a helicopter for 40 seconds every time you deploy, and another 5 minutes of sprinting through nothing to reach the objective.
>>
>>345462014
Of course I have stated in a positive light how I play the game, you fucking retard mongloid shit-eating fag. Why do you think I'd keep playing the game if my entire plaing experience was in a "negative light"? I did not defend the game, you assclown. And I thought we were talkinb about FOB infiltration? If you sprint 5 minutes without being spotted on an FOB, I congratulate you. Dickhead, go kill yourself.
>>
File: 1461967571386.jpg (314 KB, 1280x757) Image search: [Google]
1461967571386.jpg
314 KB, 1280x757
How can you hate the game that finally brought confusion about Big Boss's and Ocelot's relationship to a close.

Now he know why Big Boss treated Kaz the way he did. Know he know where Ocelot was during Zanzibar.

Gap closed.
>>
I know shit about metal gear but from all the videos and screens of this game i see in these thread it looks like the best The Mercenaries sequel they never made.
>>
Admittedly I never played MGS4 - but this MGS felt great. Clean, comfortable and neat game play. Good graphics, but the main issue was lack of originality. If there were 50 DIFFERENT missions, with possibly a third country to explore, I'd commend this game further. Nevertheless. Good game. 8/10.
>>
>>345446534
The first half of the game was great. The second half was the first half without any new content to justify it.

I still can't believe they did that. All they had to do was slam the fucking door at the end. Ramp up the Snuffleluffagus fight. Suddenly its a tease ending, but its an ending.

Instead..
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.