[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>BWL was released 11 years ago What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Blackwing_Lair_loading_screen.jpg (84 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Blackwing_Lair_loading_screen.jpg
84 KB, 800x600
>BWL was released 11 years ago
What went wrong?
>>
>good start with vanilla
>lead to TBC
>game gets too popular
>casual crowd rolls in
>casual crowd bitches incessantly that TBC is too hard
>enter welfare epics vendors
>WotLK
>casual crowd still bitching that things take too long
>enter more welfare epics vendors
>enter welfare epics dungeons
>enter scaling leveling gear
>enter $$$ character boost
>casual crowd now bitching that heroic modes are too hard

Cataclysm was a very succinctly named xpac.
>>
Grind2win is just an outdated model that doesn't work with modern gamers nowadays. BWL itself wasn't that difficult, getting the gear/consumables to go was probably a bigger challenge for most players.
>>
>>345311837
Bwl was shit and piss easy though
>>
>>345312176
Meanwhile Mythic dungeons and raids are consistently more challenging than all previous content in the game.
>>
>>345313257
I'm just happy that Heroic Dungeons are the most worthless thing now.
>Want the Dungeon Achivement Mount
>You gotta do it on Mythic
>>
>>345313257
Who cares, when they made that "difficulty modes" compromise, they set a precedent to ruin the game.

There was ever only ONE blackwing lair that all players experienced the same, and they had to physically get to the entrance with their characters.

Now that there's several difficulty modes to everything, the game is not an MMO anymore. It's a lobby. There's no coherence to anything.

To get THE tier 2 chestpiece, you had to kill THE final boss in THE BWL and you had to get there on foot.
That's what made it an mmo.
>>
>>345313518
I don't know, join a fucking guild or something you PUGtard. Most mythic guilds raid 3 times a week for 3 - 4 hours a night. Lower difficulty tiers don't exist for these players. Your complaints are only relevant for people who don't socialize. Physical travel was a mind numbing experience through 1.0 - 3.3. Good riddance.
>>
>>345313735
Jesus christ you have the reading comprehension of a preschooler.
Figures, you play retail wow.
>>
BWL was the casual filter and it started with Razorgore. if you failed on that fight the guild pretty much knew you were no good.
what a fucking snoozefest though. the only boss even remotely memorable is Vael. Neltharion sucks horse cock.
>>
>>345313735
you are a really anti-social
>>
>>345313860
I'm sorry, but your complaints are completely retarded. WoW's raiding community has been split between two or more modes for the majority of its lifespan. Classic had LFR tier raids where half the group could face roll or go AFK, and TBC is a cakewalk compared to WotLK hard modes and heroic/mythic after that. Everyone experiences the same content relative to their skill level, and the only difference in loot other than mounts is the color and stats of the gear, which is tuned to each difficulty. Raiding with your guild is the same as it's ever been.

Stop whining for the sake of whining. It's clear you haven't played WoW in 8 years.
>>
>>345314362
How the fuck did you come to that conclusion from that post? It's literally saying the opposite.
>>
>>345314002
>Neltharion
Nefarian.
>>
>>345313257
>running the same dungeon for the 100000000000000th time after going through it in 3 separate difficulties already

I'd prefer it if they just completely copy pasted older raids but made them actually hard the first time around
>>
>>345312176
>casual crowd rolls in
casual have been playing it since vanilla you fucking faggot.
>>
File: yaotek.png (58 KB, 241x241) Image search: [Google]
yaotek.png
58 KB, 241x241
Why don't you guys play in kronos2 private server? It's free :^)
>>
>>345315801
>after going through it in 3 separate difficulties already
What the fuck are you talking about?
People who run mythic usually doing only heroic before
Only during wotlk people were forced to farm literally every possible difficulty 10, 10h, 25, 25h,
Since cata it's just highest possible one
>>
>>345316001
Oh please get more Nostalrius chinese gold sellers/butthurt rejects into my kronos. Even infest Excalibur-WoW too.

>excalibur-WoW
>guild called "nostalrius"
>>
>>345313257
Cata heroics were far harder than WoD mythic dungeons. Legion mythic+ might be the hardest dungeons ever though, even if they do use a fairly cheap and unsatisfying system to make that happen.
>>
>>345316885
No Chinese, just a few Russians.

It's not that bad at all really.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.