[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me why most of you guys hate smash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 2hard.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
2hard.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
Why is there so much hate for smash (especially melee) it's a fun game that is just as complex as other fighting games, i'm not advocating for sm4sh, just melee
>>
File: 1409640749643.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1409640749643.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
It is complex, it is too complex. In other fighting games where you can apply most of your knowledge of one fighter to another, smash has so many characters and varying fighting styles and physics among them that you end up with very few actually viable characters. Smash is meant to be a marriage of every popular Nintendo franchise with a few guests every now and then. If you don't like the characters that are good, you're probably not going to have fun playing the game. The characters aren't really that big an issue in other fighting games because no one really gives a shit about their origins so long as they're fun to play as. That is entirely different from the basis of smash brothers, and it brings a lot more problems than it does fun for people.
>>
Tbh you guys kinda smell...really bad
>>
Because it's bullshit.
It would be one thing if it were balanced, but a Fox player is going to wreck any other character that isn't Fox.
That's not a good game, especially considering ludicrous competition scene this game has.
>>
The fans are all autistic and smell like shit
>>
>4 replies, all basically saying the game is bad because they are shit at the game

The real question is , why does /v/ , and only /v/ hate Project M? It's literally Brawl's roster with Melee's gameplay. You don't even need to pick Fox2Win. I go top 8 with Zelda, Sheik, Wario, Falcon, Ganondorf.

Screencap this : Once someone starts modding Smash 4 to have Melee style gameplay, everyone will fucking praise that, and shit on Smash 4.

It happened with Brawl, it'll happen again.
>>
>>345284626
>I can't read
>>
Smash is a great party game
>>
>>345283175
fox, falco, and jigglypuff are all considered top tier
shiek and marth are selectively competetive at tournaments, but prone to counterpicks, and so are usually paired with another top tier char.

this isn't that bad in terms of fighting game tiers.

the dominance of the top tiers is purely in terms that it offers a fast and skilled player more ability to cover his options and juggle dynamically in a way that every year new followups are discovered. the meta STILL isn't static, compared to say, sfiv or marvel whose games are completely figured out within 2 years

>>345284626
it feels weird. the weights and launch trajectories are off.
>>
I had a buddy that got into "real melee" and playing with him is just a chore now. He always wants to play and he always just picks falcon or fox and tryhards with his wave dashing and combos and shit. Its very obvious that he's better than us because none of us have put in the time to learn that shit, but he still acts like he's so good for being able to beat some casual players. I basically imagine the majority of "hardcore" melee players to be like that, aka insufferable.
>>
File: 113458769201.jpg (10 KB, 250x318) Image search: [Google]
113458769201.jpg
10 KB, 250x318
>>345286290
>get beat in a videogame
>get mad while accepting defeat
>>
>>345284626
>Once someone starts modding Smash 4 to have Melee
This is why people hate smash, no one can be satisfied with anything that isn't. Some people are just fucking stubborn in praising Melee and holding it sacred as God's gift to gaming. No one can enjoy anything else without someone just barging in and Melee is better
>>
>>345281824
"most of you" is probably not a valid assessment. It's the same as undertale really, most /v/irgins are between ambivalent and fans of either game, but the people who have the greatest desire to post in threads like these are the people who love the game to death, and more commonly, those who hate the game, the fans, or both. this fuels discourse on /v/ and is also part of why threads for well-known games are often cesspits.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.