[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are flash carts really good? People keep saying "GET A FLASH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2400x1580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2400x1580
Are flash carts really good? People keep saying "GET A FLASH CART GET A FLASH CART" but I want to know if it's really worth it? To emulate on actual hardware and such. Than opposed to collecting real cartridge games.
>>
Yes. Why would you waste money buying individual cartridges when you can just buy a 9 dollarydoo cart and put all the games you want on it?
>>
>>345260250
>9 dollarydoo
more like 100 Dollarydooes. A diggy doo.
>>
>>345259931
If you care about the authentic experience and want to buy a number of games that'd cost more than a flashcart, of course it is. The exception is consoles you can pirate on without buying external hardware, like the 3DS. There's usually a variety of carts for each console, except the more niche ones that only have a single person caring enough to develop and make one. Krikzz's carts are usually a solid investment, and he recently released a GBA cart that's easier to use and more compatible than most/all other carts on the market, though it is a slightly larger cart. It's also more expensive, but up to you if you think it's worth the extra.
>>
Well ultimately its much cheaper.
I like to collect physical games but many NES and SNES games are stupidly overpriced, so I'm considering a flashcard for them.
>>
I'm really into SNES RPGs having played many on emulators, and wanted to play them on my CRT with a real SNES controller, so I bought an sd2snes, it's great.
>>
>>345260918
>many NES and SNES games are stupidly overpriced
and why is that
>>
>>345261096
scalpers and a terrible second hand market fueled by nostalgianiggers that pay too much.
>>
>>345261041
I'm still hoping that ikari will add SuperFX support eventually. I'd love SA1 support, but with how long it's taken him to add far simpler features, I'm not really expecting it at all.
>>
>>345259931
Just buy a psp on the cheap if you can.
Shits the best handheld emulator ever.
>>
>>345261096
Because people will pay anything for nostalgia.
>>
Get a fucking flashcart. No emulator is 100% accurate on every game. Plus, on GBA, its the comfy and correct way to play GBA games.
>>
>>345260695
With shipping added my r4 card cost like 11 smackaroonydoonies yo
>>
>>345261225
And fucking VGA grading, and the collector circlejerk surrounding it.
>>
>>345261272
I doubt it'll ever happen without adding a SuperFX chip to it.
>>
>>345261384
>VGA
Scam
>>
I bought a flashcard for my ds and all the best games dont work on it.

All the pokemons, strange journey, ffta2, zelda, all fucked
>>
>>345259931
>emulate on actual hardware
>>
>>345261826
Which one did you buy? I bought a fucking cheap one and literally all of the games you posted work on mine. Did you install the firmware correctly?
>>
>>345261685
I know, and half the shitheads at Nintendoage and Atariage treat them like the unquestionable authority, while the other half peddle their bullshit to profit from it.
>>
>>345262004
N5DS that my fucking grandma bought for me

Chinese piece of shit R4 clone
>>
>>345261371
where, all i see is a bunch of chink sites srlling it
>>
I know /v/ it's gonna fuck my face because of this but do not get a flash cart.

Get a decent android device with buttons. There are very good emulators out there that feels exactly like the real thing. You have stuff like 8x speed, save states, cheats and even link cable with yourself or over bluetooth available. But if you prefer the old way, get an EzflashIV.

To me it's like the consoles vs pc fight. Android devices are way better nowdays than any other handheld out there, some of them even emulate Gamecube decently.
>>
File: Mega Memory.jpg (53 KB, 410x500) Image search: [Google]
Mega Memory.jpg
53 KB, 410x500
The EverDrive GB looks pretty interesting... At least, as a "normal" flashcard.

Anyone of you know, if can be used with the Mega Memory, to transfer original saves, to this flashcard?

(Until now, I used the "usb 64m smart card", but as flashcard is pretty shitty)
>>
>>345261371
Give a link nigger
>>
>>345259931
Flash carts are not emulation and are great. Buy them first hand though, all shilling aside Ebay is full of knockoff chink shit that will break on you.
>>
>>345262507
nds-cards.com
>>
>>345262121

Install the latest firmware so you can run all the roms.
>>
>>345262765
>nds-cards.com
You half nigger
>>
>>345262425
It depends anon. I have a 3DS XL with an Acekard 2i and a9lhack. The flashcard was like $10 5 years ago and it lets me play Nes, GBC and other stuff. The hacked part of the 3ds lets me play 3ds, gba, basically any virtual console game. The only thing I can't play is snes but I can live with that.

tl;dr: an android device might be okay if you dont have anything else. A flashcard is alright because it costs like 5 cheese burgers.
>>
File: inigo1.jpg (34 KB, 658x569) Image search: [Google]
inigo1.jpg
34 KB, 658x569
>flashcart
>emulate
>>
>>345259931
>emulate on actual hardware
>>
>>345262717
All flash carts are cheap chink shit
>>
>>345263846
For the DS and 3DS, sure. For older consoles, it's high quality stuff made by enthusiasts who give a shit. Unless you start getting into the realm of floppy disc and cd loading copiers from the time of the consoles, then they are doubly cheap chinese shit.
>>
>>345259931

>To emulate on actual hardware
hurf durf I don't know what words mean
>>
>>345259931
Always. Go hardware and you'll never go back to emulating. You also don't have to deal with paying out the ass for every single game.
>>
What's the most reliable card for GBA?

I want to have a physical medium to play the Porkyman games but legit cartridges are either super expensive or masquerading knockoffs.
>>
>>345264682

EZ Flash IV
>>
Does anyone know how the Everdrive GBA X5 is?
>>
>>345262121

>having grandparents that buy you flash carts
pretty based 2bh, even if it isn't a good flash cart
>>
>>345264908
$100.
>>
File: Emulator.jpg (122 KB, 1920x1289) Image search: [Google]
Emulator.jpg
122 KB, 1920x1289
>>345259931
What the fuck are you talking about.

Just get one of these little guys and you don't have to cry anymore.
>>
>>345264682

EZ Flash IV is the most popular since it's relatively cheap and readily available. It's a little annoying since you can't drag and drop, but most games under 16 mb all work perfectly fine after a bit of loading.

Everdrive GBA just came out, and apparently Everdrive products are generally high quality, but they're expensive and first editions will probably have some issues that'll be resolved in later revisions.

M3 Perfect is supposedly the best, but good luck finding one.
>>
>>345259931
R4 was how I played all my DS games years ago. Never had any issues as long as the firmware was kept updated

Jump ultimate stars, rhythm tengoku gold, trauma centre, ace attorney, megaman ZX, ouendan/EBA, plus a whole load of others over the years. All it cost was $10 plus a 2GB microSD, pretty worth in my opinion
>>
>>345264682

>>345265508 Also, I have pirated cartridges myself and they run identically to the official versions outside of an initial text popup and the game stopping upon saving. You can even trade with legitimate cartridges with no problem. It's really not an issue.
>>
>>345264740
>>345265508
>>345265718
I'm seeing the EZ Flash IV listed at 55 burgers at Amazon. Surely there's better prices somewhere else?
And to be sure, it should work fine with the regular ass Pokémon roms, yes?
What about saves? I have fairly hefty saves from all the time I've played them on my phone but I've gotten tired of the digital controls for being so unreliable.

Quick google search turned up a guy on leddit with a guide to set it up though, so I guess I could go from there to not fuck the process up.
>>
>>345266328

Yes, on chink sites.
Yes, but RTC needs to be patched in for RSE.
No clue.
>>
>>345266328
There might be sites selling it for slightly less, but there's little guarantee on the reputability of any of them, unless you can find enough off-site reviews to support them. It'll work fine with the Pokemon games, only the real time clock won't work. As far as I know, the only games that outright won't work are the NES Classics.
>>
>>345266582
>>345266795
I see, thanks bois.
I'll look around some more to make up my mind.
>>
>>345262425
the buttons on android devices suck my asshole.
>>
>Want to buy a flashcart
>Emulation is so easy on 3DS

Maybe one day I'll decide to pick one up
>>
>>345263573
>>345263264
Hes, emulating owning the games, instead of being poorfag.
>>
Anyone have a joypad for your phone?
As far as I can tell GBC/GBA emulation is nearly flawless on Android and a joypad would make it miles more convenient than a flashcard.
>>
>>345268241
nigga you dont even need a flashcard.
just install a custom firmware and get a 64G+ memory card.
>>
>>345262081
>while the other half peddle their bullshit to profit from it.
That's what I hate the most. Fucking forbid that the VGA gets a hold of actual prototypes. Once they do, it's almost improbable that prototypes could get dumped.
>>
>>345269258
I've got CFW. I've been emulating GBA on 3DS a lot recently but I like the feel of the actual GBA itself
>>
Does the GBA micro support flash carts?
>>
>>345270320

Yes.
>>
>>345265438
I can't find one of these for the life of me, does anyone actually still sell them?

I'm planning on getting a PSP Go for emulation if I can't find a dingoo
>>
File: 893358.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
893358.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>345270000
>tfw I got quads
>It's the most boring post ever
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.