[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has a company ever gone as completely batshit insane as Konami did?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Konami-Logo.jpg (68 KB, 668x190) Image search: [Google]
Konami-Logo.jpg
68 KB, 668x190
Has a company ever gone as completely batshit insane as Konami did?
>>
I dunno, they're apparently increasing their profits so I don't think it qualifies as batshit insane.
>>
>>345125461
If anything they're acting rationally. Castlevania reboot and Metal Gear Solid V wasn't bringing in the numbers that warranted the investment, so they've resorted to more solid ventures like pachislot.

I don't like the decision, especially since they have access to so many properties that I'd like to see further games made of, but it's understandable. Koijima's ambitions could've easily have bankrupted a lesser company and I can't think of any other than Sony willing to bankroll such an endevor.
>>
>>345127273
/thread
Corporations aren't your friends and have no obligation to make your favorite game, no matter how hard you insist they hate money
>>
>>345125461
EA and Nintendo.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUz-rSjcrIQ
>>
>>345127273
>>345127914

What about treating their employees like its a Vietnamese sweat shop?
>>
>>345128101
who is this even marketed to?
>>
I'm not mad that Konami went the way of pachinko, that shit's just business.

But fucking christ what would lead them to think burning all their bridges is a good idea?
>>
>>345128181
Like every other Japanese company?
>>
>>345125461
Every Japanese company that were at their pinnacle during the psx era
>>
>>345125645
Their profits are up "for now".

Give it a few years as they fade into obscurity from not being known for vidya anymore.

Sure they have gambling machines, but they're gonna run out of new IP's to milk for em.
>>
>>345129393
>People will get sick of jamming their money into gambling machines ever.

18+ site.
>>
>>345125461
No the company is simply afloat thanks to Yugioh and Pachinko machines.
Pulling out of the US with the only regional company in the West being in Singapore.
>>
>>345128227
Japanese gambling addicts. Pachinko is fucking huge in Japan because it's one of the very few gambling methods that are legal due to a loop hole in the law.

The fact that it's using a well-known franchise is only going to increase the profit.
>>
File: 1462336439557-1.png (476 KB, 757x656) Image search: [Google]
1462336439557-1.png
476 KB, 757x656
>>345125461
>actually believing Konami will die without videogames
They only had MGS to make constant money from. Idiots who gamble is much more safer and easier to make money from.
>>
>>345129647
>People will get sick of jamming their money into gambling machines ever.

Actually, yes.

http://apjjf.org/-Graham-Brooks/2425/article.html

Gambling is getting less popular with the young.

Only the really old play it anymore.
>>
>>345129393
You don't seem to understand how big the Pachinko industry really is. Have you ever wondered how SEGA survived all these years? Their Pachinko profits more than made up for even the worst downturns in their games division.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.