[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark souls lore discussion thread? Dark souls lore discussion thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 2016-07-15-13-32-56-1265374920.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-15-13-32-56-1265374920.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
Lets start with a story. I don't mean the dark souls 3 story. I mean the story of Gwyn and the namless king. Note: I do not take credit for this theory. I basically took a lot of seperate theories and strung them into one, but some of my own stuff is sprinkled in here and there. Gwyn had 3 children. 2 sons and a daughter. Faraam, his first born, Gwyndolin, and Gwynevere. Faraam was immensely powerful and inherited his father's lightning. Faraam was most likely Gwyn's favorite for a few reasons: He was the first born, he was powerful, he inherited his father's lightning, and Gwyndolin, his second son, was raised as a daughter, therefore didn't earn as much respect from Gwyn. Gwyn appointed Faraam to train Ornstein, who was only a normal knight at the time. The 2 became very close and developed a father/son relationship. Ornstein was eventually appointed captain of the 4 knights. Fast forward to the dragon war. Ornstein is given the title Dragonslayer. After the battle, Faraam discovers a blue dragon that had survived the battle. (This next part is complete speculation by myself, and has no proof to back it). Faraam initially wanted to kill it but realized it was helpless and doing so would be wrong. Over the next few years he takes care of it in secret. The two form an unbreakable bond. (End of my own speculation). Gwyn finds out that Faraam has sided with the dragons and is enraged and dissapointed. He strips his son of his godhood. (I just realized I've been writing in present tense and I don't like it so I'm going to randomly switch to past tense just bear with me). Gwyn couldn't bring himself to kill his own son, his first born, so he banished him. Gwyn took every record of Faraams existence and destroyed it. Talking about him was forbidden, and, eventually everybody except those closest to Faraam forgot his name. Farram spent years wandering looking for a home with his dragon. Finally, he found Arch dragon peak.
>>
Because of his immense power and bond with dragons, he appointed himself King of Arch dragon peak and makes himseld a crown from his drakes feathers. From that day forward he was known as the Namless King, and he named his drake The King of the Storm. Meanwhile, the chosen undead fights Ornstein and Smough. Somehow, it is never hinted to as how in any of the games, Smough was killed and Ornstein survived. Ornstein was weak. He was slowly being corrupted by the abyss. He needed somewhere to go, someone to go to. He decided to find his old mentor. He traveled throughout the course of Dark souls 2 (This theory assumes that fighting and killing Ornstein in DS2 is not proper canon, similar to how the dark Lord ending in DS1 isn't proper canon, as the other games couldn't have happened if it was proper). Eventually, he became completely corrupted by the abyss. Even through his corruption, he unconciously stuck to his mission of finding Faraam. He finally found arch dragon peak, but since he was completely corrupted, the Nameless King had no choice but to kill him, this is why Ornstein's armor is found after killing Namless King. And finally, the reason NK is hostile is because he has become hollow. This is evident from his face which can be slightly seen during the cutscene after killing KotS. End of theory.
Couple things I don't understand:
1. How can Ornstein's armor appear as a boss in lothric castle and as armor in ADP? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Dragonslayer armour is just a statue of ornstein. We know for a fact it's not actually ornstein, and that it's just the armor being possessed by a pilgrim butterfly, so maybe it is just a statue. Can someone confirm or deny this?
2. What is the correlation between NK and the bell? Why does he only appear when you ring the bell? Maybe he imprisoned himself when he knew he was becoming hollow to not hurt anyone and the bell was the ticket out?
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
File: 1417242943888.jpg (216 KB, 1600x675) Image search: [Google]
1417242943888.jpg
216 KB, 1600x675
>>345120767
So do we know if Drangleic was Lordran or was it Vinheim? I think it was Vinheim and Vendric stole the Lordvessel with the Souls of Lords from across the sea (Lordran) and brought it to where Vinheim was. Parts of the Lordvessel are in Majula.

Are the Souls of Lords missing in Dark Souls 3? I know Dark Souls 3 went with all the plains of existence converge route.
>>
>no Solaire incandescent father of sunlight boss
>no the legend boss
I thought from 2016 was deep in reddit memes, what happened?
>>
>>345122276
Souls of the lords or the Lord vessel don't appear in DS3 at all I don't think
>>
Explain this: why did you not need the pigmy soul for the lordvessel, even though you needed the other lord souls?
>>
File: 1465800195067s.jpg (7 KB, 250x212) Image search: [Google]
1465800195067s.jpg
7 KB, 250x212
>>345122981
>mfw I type a whole story and no one discusses it they just discuss Lord vessle
>>
>>345122981
But yeah that makes no sense at all. Maybe the pygmy soul was destroyed so it wasn't needed?
>>
>>345120767

I like your theory, OP. It's pretty close to what I imagine, but with a few small differences.

1. The Ornstein you fight in DS1 isn't the real Ornstein. It's just a fanboy who was so obsessed with Ornstein that he molded himself into an imitation of Ornstein, including fighting ability and armor.

2. Every time you ever find an armor set in the Souls games, it's on a corpse. When you find Ornstein's armor in DS3, there is no corpse nearby. This is what happened:

>Farram? Is that you, bro? What the fuck are you doing out here?
>Go away.
>There's a lot of bad shit going on in the world, but you're out here chilling with dragons? What the fuck happened to you, bro?
>Go away!
>Dude, stop this stupid shit and come back to Lothric, we need you.
>Go away or I'll smite you with my daddy's thunderbolts!
>Holy shit, you've changed, man. Okay, fine, spend all your time out here letting dragons fuck you in the ass. I don't give a shit anymore. I'm taking this armor you gave me and throwing it on the fucking ground.

Then Ornstein runs off and becomes a hermit or whatever.
>>
File: 1397219508240.jpg (473 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1397219508240.jpg
473 KB, 700x700
>>345122886
Precisely, it's why my theory holds weight.

>>345122981
Because all the Lord Souls were associated with Godly beings while the Dark Souls was humanity, nobody gave a wooden nickel bout humans/humanity. Because they didn't have time to finish the DLC content and add Manus' Soul as a requirementNo point later

>>345123104
Tough luck, homoboy.
>>
>>345123730
Manus is the pygmy?
>>
>>345123709
Ornstein whooped the fag masters ass and took his place is what happened
>>
>>345123709
>daddy's thunderbolts
Keked

Good theory, but it's possible that since Ornstein's armour is lightning resistant , while the armor remained intact ornstein was completely fried because of the sheer power of Faraams lightning. Also worth noting is that Ornstein in DS1 can't be a fake because he drops the soul of ornstein, which in the description reads it belongs to actual ornstein. An imposter can copy his actual rn or and fighting set but he can't copy his soul.
>>
>>345124338
I know you may have been joking but that is actually a good idea. Ornstein, corrupted by the abyss, unknowingly killed NK and stole his armor, which is why Ornstein's armor is on the ground by no body. This explains NK'S hollow appearence, it is ornstein, but corrupted.
>>
>>345124356

If Ornstein undeniably died in DS1, as evidenced by his soul dropping after that boss fight...

Maybe some dude put on Ornstein's armor, then tried to fight Nameless king, then got fried, leaving behind only the armor?
>>
File: 1401924322596.jpg (165 KB, 640x1280) Image search: [Google]
1401924322596.jpg
165 KB, 640x1280
>>345120767
Except Gwyn's Firstborn was banished fol losing the Annals. (euphemism for coming out of the closet and getting kicked out of home)

>>345123907
Seems so.
>>
>>345120767
>>345120874

Maybe vaati can make a new video now.
>>
>>345124825
As us dark souls bros know, a lot goes on behind the curtains. 90% of the plot happens between games and before games. With this being noted, maybe ornstein was ressurected. DS3 item description reads that Ornstein loomed for his master in the last year's of his life, confirming ornstein would have been alive to go to archdragon peak. In DS1, you can use the fire keeper in firelink's soul to ressurect her. So maybe after the events of the first game someone looted the chosen undead body and ressurected ornstein. Or maybe if you chose the Lord of dark ending, the chosen undead ressurected ornstein himself to be a bodyguard , which is why ornstein becomes corrupted by abyss, because if you choose the Lord of dark ending the abyss begins to spread . God I love discussing DS lore
>>
>>345125749
Forgot to say they used the soul of ornstein
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.