[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does the future look like for Nintendo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: bintendo.jpg (65 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
bintendo.jpg
65 KB, 650x366
They've been outsold for years and have shit for third-party development. Breath of the Wild is about the only thing going for the company right now.

Then you've got the upcoming NX - is it going to be another gimmicky meme console or something more traditional? Because clearly gimmicky meme consoles have put them ahead of the competition.

Though as much as I'd love to see them succeed I can't help but blame them for their own decline.
>>
NX won't be a traditional console. The last traditional console was the gamecube and it sold like shit. You can be sure that it will be another gimmick console.

Breath of the wild is their biggest game yet but it won't sell amazing. Rehashed pokemon games will be able to easily outsell it.

Their sales have been declining since the NES, so expect a full move to mobile with the success of pokemon Go.
>>
>>345102667
This post took the words right out of my mouth.

Basically, if you're looking for a Nintendo Playstation 4 that plays Mario, Smash, and Zelda like most of /v/ is, then you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
>>345102667

I hate to say it but I can see that happening. Although I don't think they'll find anywhere near the same success as pokemon go with any other franchises on mobile.

>>345102945

I get it but.. why? Why do they insist on consistently churning out underpowered consoles? It doesn't have to have the same features as an Xbone or a PS4 but christ at least they could put some horsepower in the things and stop assuming everyone wants to dance around in their living room to play games.
>>
>>345103561
>I get it but.. why?
I know /v/ doesn't understand basic business, but in short it's more profitable to use underpowered hardware in the long run. Yes, even with flops like the Wii U.
>>
>>345102667
>Source: My ass

You mean to tell me that Pokemon X and Y was outsold by Urban Champion on the NES?
>>
>>345102410
>gimmicky meme console
This
>>
File: nintendo.png (26 KB, 692x576) Image search: [Google]
nintendo.png
26 KB, 692x576
/thread
>>
>>345103920

>failed console
>profitable
>basic business

Go ahead and elaborate.
>>
>>345102667

Just make a fucking Nintendo phone, my god.

A bunch of nerdbait snes titles, some exclusive portable titles and some gimmicky thing like two screens.

It's EASY FUCKING MONEY.

I WOULD BUY ONE

NINTENDO

STOP LIVING 20 YEARS IN THE PAST
>>
uh, yeah dude, nintendo is, like, doomed
>>
>>345102410
>Pokemon Go makes Nintendo's stock jump 50 fucking percent
>"Nintendo is finished"

lol
>>
>previous discussion of Nintendo's future just getting started
>this thread has been pruned or deleted
mods confirmed for nintenbabbies
>>
when are they gonna ditch the 3ds and fully utilise the n3ds?
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 640x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 640x539
>>345102410

>outsold

What is Splatoon and Pokemon Go

>shit third party development

Oh but you seem to care when Bayo 2 happened :^)

Nintendo has been in a slowdown because all their best stuff was already released in 2013-2014, but at the same time they still had big releases like Splatoon and Mario Maker, as well as other games still being decent

NX is no doubt going to have a gimmick, but this time Nintendo has an advantage because they are jumping early while Sony and Microsoft decided to only jump half a gen with Neo and Scorpio
>>
>>345104549
The 'losses' that Nintendo had this gen? Those were made because of all that investing in new businesses. Wii U itself actually made them money.
>>
>>345102410
>i am so close minded that only "real" games can make money for companies, not shit like pokemon GO, hehe

go outside
>>
>>345102667

>it won't sell amazing

Says you fucker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahMRnlWf2P0

Also need I remind you that Splatoon managed to outsell PS4's biggest game last year that was released 2 months earlier?
>>
>>345102410
>They've been outsold for years
The Wii, GBA, DS, and 3DS disagree. And their games always sell.
>>
>>345105905

Nintendo shill

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/hIA9gdHGcM2z7C-zmf9wFQ/
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 460x276
Your in denial of you think Nintendo still isn't in control

The PS4 Neo and Scorpio literally responses to Nintendo making a new console this early
>>
File: something strange.jpg (271 KB, 610x347) Image search: [Google]
something strange.jpg
271 KB, 610x347
>5 years since the 3DS came out
>it still gets plenty of games
>People keep saying Nintendo is doomed
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.