[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy the new Hitman? I've been on the fence due
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: hitman.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
hitman.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
Should I buy the new Hitman? I've been on the fence due to its episodic releases, but I'm hearing a lot of good things about the episodes so far and the episodic thing seems to mean that each level is meant to replay over and over for challenges and with a lot of stuff to do.
>>
File: 20160707175832_1.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160707175832_1.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
>>345023341
The levels are very open and replayable but it also has always-online DRM. Essentially it's a very good game with terrible DRM and release schedule so make your decision based on that.
>>
If you're a fan of the series, sure. If nothing else, people should buy the intro pack + Sapienza. Those first two levels are incredible.
>>
>>345023341
>seems to mean that each level is meant to replay over and over for challenges and with a lot of stuff to do.
yep, basically. i honestly feel like it wouldn't work as well if it *wasn't* episodic. there is the always-online stuff, and the game doesn't seem well optimized. it's the first and only game in a very long time which has made me consider upgrading my graphics card.
it takes a bizarrely long time to load as well, which is a pain because it's the kind of game that would really be suited to jumping in and out quickly. you know, just loading the game up, trying a mission, then quitting. but of course, i cannot do that because it takes a few minutes before i can enter a mission. i'm really not sure why that is, and it's not just loading missions, just loading the game and loading stuff when navigating the menu takes a long time.
the game itself, however, is great.
>>
>>345024383
Is the always online super buggy or something? When I looked at Steam reviews it seems like a ton of the negatives were revolving around that, and while I can see why always online drm for a single player game is a shitty thing to do I can't imagine it would impact the experience much if you have a stable connection
>>
>>345024926
i personally have had no trouble with it whatsoever, unless it's a major contributor to the load times i mentioned in my post above
>>
>>345023341
if you liked getting ripped off then get it. otherwise no.
>>
>>345024926
There have been outages a couple times, and it locks away more than it needs to. I haven't had any trouble with load times, though.

Anyone here do the new elusive target? I'm about to go attempt that.
>>
>>345024926
90% is people literally looking for an excuse to bitch because they're still butthurt about absolution.

It's still goddamn terrible because it forces you to quit the game if your internet connection drops and you can't even save the game.0 If you live in a first world country then it shouldn't affect your experience in anyway though.
>>
>>345024926
It works fine for me and I'm using a wifi connection with fluctuating speed. I've been booted out of the gameplay once but I was able to reconnect right after.

>>345024883
That sounds weird. I'm playing on a laptop and while performance is of course pretty mediocre, the load times are okay even on a slow HDD.
>>
>>345025239
Is it out already? I thought it goes live tomorrow.
>>
>>345025282
I don't know if left-over Absolution hate is its biggest issue. People (>>345025135) are just really mad at the release model, and to be fair, they did shit the best switching up their plans twice during development.

>>345025407
Fuck, you're right. I saw my game updated and thought it was out.
>>
>>345023341
Its fun if you have autism
No fun to play 4 maps more than once familia
Wiat for the hitman denuvo crack, it wont be long now
>>
>>345025305
It is indeed weird.
Like I said, Hitman is the first and only game in a long time to have any sort of bad performance for me, so I feel like the game just has some unresolved problems with certain kinds of hardware, or something.
>>
>>345025665
>no fun to play 4 maps more than once

you're an absolution baby aren't you
>>
>>>/waitingforthefullgame/
>>
>>345024926
Mostly people hate on the online because they claim there's an offline mode but really playing offline removes 95% of all content.
>>
File: CnWpR3tWAAA4z3Z.jpg large.jpg (253 KB, 1920x805) Image search: [Google]
CnWpR3tWAAA4z3Z.jpg large.jpg
253 KB, 1920x805
>>345023341
Yes. But buy Full Experience.
>>
>>345028405
Speaking of that, you aren't casual plebs, /v/, are you?
>>
>>345025665
>No fun to play 4 maps more than once familia

you don't like hitman games, why are you playing them?
>>
>>345029307
Not yet, but if The Twin is truly the hardest elusive target yet I may be fucked.
>>
>>345031903
If you can't even choke the other twin, it probably will be genuinely hard.
>>
why can't you create a contract on the boat level?
>>
>>345029307
So the Blood Money suit will have no tie clip, a striped red tie, and black gloves with no holes?
>>
you should pirate it :^)
>>
>>345032351
Supposedly this is how it looks like.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.