[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /v/ think of dawn of war 2 ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: header (1).jpg (41 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header (1).jpg
41 KB, 460x215
what does /v/ think of dawn of war 2 ?
>>
>>344848434

Almost as fun as fucking you're mom
>>
>>344848434
Favorite strategy game ever
DoW was a great introduction to the 40k verse. However DoW2 was my ideal depiction of the 40k universe.
When I first got the game I quite hated it because it was so different to the first game. I stopped playing it and thought it was shit for a year or two. Eventually I decided to go back and try get into multiplayer. I got shat on so often I actually created an account on the Relic forums. From there I slowly learnt about the games mechanics and got better. I used to play 2v2/3v3 all the time and had a fucking blast.
Now I just play Last Stand constantly, I dont know why I find it so fun. Every hero level 20 with the most OP builds I can come up with.

DoW2 definitely has its problems but it was the perfect 40k game for me.
>>
>>344848434
a shitty MOBA
>>
hated it, I dont ever remember why I hated it but I played two hours and uninstalled it and went back to the first DoW and its expansions.
>>
What I want to know is how the same people that praise Company of Heroes can just shit all of DoW2
>>
>>344848434
Absolutely great with the elite mod.
>>
>>344848434

Delicious but short
>>
Great game.
Relic dropped the ball by making campaign completely different from multiplayer though, most people calling it a moba never even tried it out because they were scared away by the campaign.
>>
pretty good. Imperial guard is the best.
>>
fun, but the campaign is repetitive
>>
Nids are op in multiplayer desu
>>
>>344848434
less good than the 1st but better than the third

indubitably
>>
>>344854330
nids are easily countered with plasma devastators

more like Eldars imo
>>
>>344848434
Company of Heroes with interesting gameplay and more overworld RPG elements.

The overworld armor and all that stuff was great.

The completely bland maps (which a RTT game pretty much depends on) were not.

3/5 its worth playing but it isn't that special. It's a shame that we don't get DoW games worth the name.
>>
>>344849464
Because CoH had fantastic level design.
>>
I had a lot of fun with it
Mained Orks, ran around with 4 mobs in T1 and tore shit up. Loved when tard SM players threw Assault Marines into the middle of it all and retreated too late to save them.

>>344854330
Were you around to see what Chaos was like when CR came out?
Heretics alone were disgusting
>>
File: 1439078381231.jpg (50 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
1439078381231.jpg
50 KB, 320x480
Alot of wasted potential.

I have around 1500 hours playing multiplayer and almost every game ends within 5-7 minutes.

Everything in early game matters too fucking much to the point where its nearly impossible to recover after fucking up.

Every game ends in five minutes by either you doing an easy fuck up, your team mate doing it or the opposing.

Even in the elite mod the game is still has this tendency.

Mid and late multiplayer games tend to be the most fun.

Regardless I find the game still better than first where you just throw blobs at each other.

The tactical throw back with positioning is probably the best improvement.

inb4
>muh base building
>>
>>344854330
nids are OP in team games because of the insane synergy they have with other nids.
>>
>>344854461
Ogryns shit on them so hard in retail it's not even funny. I wonder what fucking dumbass at Relic decided to give those fat fucks superheavy infantry armour type.
>>
>>344848434
It's not what everyone wanted, but it's very good for what it is.
>>
>>344854686
>Were you around to see what Chaos was like when CR came out?
Wraithguard could fire on the move and shots tracked enemies perfectly. Fuck they were broken
>>
>>344848434
Played loads of it, but the little things like 1 sec response lag on units or the vehicle pathfinding pisses me off every time I play it.
>>
It's different and some people don't like change.
I learned to enjoy it, however, and play multiplayer regularly
>>
File: 1288688735756.jpg (530 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
1288688735756.jpg
530 KB, 1200x1000
>>344854913
>mfw some guy in 2x2x2 I used to run into just built like 4 squads of those fucks, teleported them into the enemy base with the warp spider exarch and by the time the enemy retreated the HQ was already gone
He also had a nid ally that was basically his meatshield, taking hits for him until the wraithblob got rolling.
After several stomps me and my m8 just tunnel-visioned him right from the start and bashed him with everything we had while completely ignoring the other team. The eldar tears were delicious.
>>
DoW II's scale suits SMs, CSMs, and Eldar well more than the first game's own, but it's worse for IG, Orks, and 'Nids
>>
>>344849070
Seconded
>>
File: baneblade.jpg (294 KB, 1680x1289) Image search: [Google]
baneblade.jpg
294 KB, 1680x1289
>>344848434
I like it.
The only problems are that multiplayer is balanced around 3v3 and the campaign becomes a fucking joke once you get terminator armor.
>>
File: iron-men-terminator-b7[1].jpg (234 KB, 890x834) Image search: [Google]
iron-men-terminator-b7[1].jpg
234 KB, 890x834
>>344854913
How about terminator lightning claws?
>doing obscene damage that SPLASHES to absolutely everything is balanced because a bit less health lol
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (127 KB, 1387x780) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
127 KB, 1387x780
>>344849070
No THIS was a shitty moba
>>
>>344848434
SP was awful
MP was OK at best
>>
Ok, so who uses the leman rush vanquisher as a firefly from Coh1/2?

>long range
>high accuracy
>mongs tanks
>>
Tarkus best Marine.
>>
>>344857753
bruh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBpk8N5Av5k
>>
>>344848434
Very disappointing. I did not enjoy the huge stalemate that resulted when two competent players faced each other. The Space Marines did feel much closer to the feel one gets from playing them on the tabletop however, and I really enjoyed that.Assault Marines are great.

Overall I found that DoW 1 had more depth and I enjoyed the Base building and expansion more than the constant retreating and point holding prevalent in DoW2.
>>
File: Because he is the best.jpg (42 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
Because he is the best.jpg
42 KB, 300x375
A fun game in it's own right. Campaign wise, it felt more like you were playing as an elite unit doing important tasks rather than playing as an army.

>>344857753
Agreed
>>
A very good game and a massive step forward from dow1, even though it still suffered from relic's repeated mistakes and they didn't really stick with it beyond retribution
>>
>>344860421
To be fair THQ was in it's death throes when Retri was released and Relic barely had a budget to work with. Their balance department consisted of like 3 people.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.