[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was wondering, there has to be some kind of game based around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 99403-Dead_or_Alive_2_(J)-1.jpg (305 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
99403-Dead_or_Alive_2_(J)-1.jpg
305 KB, 960x540
So I was wondering, there has to be some kind of game based around high velocity interpersonal combat, right? A game where your character can jump, run, and maybe fly in a 3 dimensional environment, with attacks based more what I guess you could call choreography than brute strength. For example, instead of pushing a button and making an enemy just explode with magic or some shit, you would run up to the enemy and perform sword or fist attacks that relied more on your ability to move and dodge around the enemy, and your use of propulsion of some sort.

Something less of a brute force fighter, and more of bringing the best aspects of 2D duel style fighting games into a 3D environment.

I just never see anything like that, all games are just about leveling up to have the biggest brute force attacks and not about simulating extremely fantastical combat. Think martial arts simulator meets MMORPG.

So, instead of spamming attack buttons, you could do something like run up a building and do parkour while fighting an enemy. I assume it would require an incredible game engine and enemy AI, as well as a really intricate setup for PVP.

because I am shit at structuring my thoughts, tl,dr: A want a game that takes the concept dead or alive introduced of a 3D movement range martial based fight system, and puts it in a high mobility environment.
>>
>>344838762
No company wants to create that, and the fightan audience doesn't want it.

I'd love further exploration into 3D fighting games, which is why I'm hoping Tekken 7 does very well. If it gets taken seriously enough, we can see more 3D fighters happening. Hell, if Virtua Fighter ever came back, all of /v/ would simultaneously blow their load.

The thing about 3D fighters is that people are used to only 2 kinds: Tekken-like or Naruto-like, for lack of better terms because I don't know them. We either get technical fighters that resemble their 2D counterparts on everything but a Z-axis, or we get shitty arena brawlers that make smash bros look like actual fighting games.

To be able to have competitive type of combat in a 3D environment that had lots of movement, these shitty arena brawlers would have to embrace the fighting game aspects they try to avoid more so that they're more than one or two attack buttons and limited, slow movement. They would have to embrace the idea that the fighting game audience would benefit from having something new AND good at the same time, and try to be as welcoming to veterans as it is to newbies. They'd have to do so much work for seemingly little pay-off, but what we would gain is something completely new, because it doesn't exist yet.

TL;DR: so do the rest of us, OP. But chances of it happening are pretty much impossible
>>
It's an interesting idea but if it's not a carbon copy of Street Fighter, the fgc will criticize it to hell and back for not being exactly like Street Fighter
>>
Dissidia
>>
Check out Toribash senpai
>>
>>344838762
>>
>>344841206
Nice, that's what I'm talking about. Now if only it was open world, and you could move around on a vertical terrain the way you can in parkour/puzzle runner games.
>>
gunslinger stratos, gundam vs gundam, rise of incarnates, many many games, yall just ignant, dumb and just stick to your shitty series
>>
>>344839363
>chances of it happening are pretty much impossible
Yeah, I know. No one wants to make a game like that when Super Hyper King Of Street Fighters 5: Turbo Champion Anniversary Edition will sell over a trillion copies much quicker.

Don't forget to buy the 50 DLCs by the way.
>>
>>344838762
So you want arena fighters?
>>
Might wanna try Gunz. You literally jump on walls and combat is very stylish.

Online is ded though.
>>
>>344838762
https://youtu.be/mVn5fmEdbHo?t=2m35s
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.