[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 1463143388169.jpg (554 KB, 1115x973) Image search: [Google]
1463143388169.jpg
554 KB, 1115x973
Anyone else really burned out on this game? I don't think it is that I am burned out on Souls in general. I have urges to play DeS, DaS1&2, and BB all the time.

It sounds ridiculous, but I'm starting to believe this game has the worst replayability out of any of the Souls games, even Bloodborne. I'm not sure why exactly, but I'm guessing it is because of the way they designed the levels and the quest system.

The game is painfully linear. Even if you do the Dancer skip, you reach a dead end at the Grand Archives and you are very obviously not supposed to be at the end game stages that early so it's extremely tedious trying to play them unless you just want to run through everywhere.

The first few areas in the game are among the worst. They are boring and full of humanoid enemies with infinite stamina and no poise. It's boring to deal with and reminds me a lot of areas like No Man's Warf in DaS2. You have to do them and you have to do them right because the quest system is really shitty and is tied to a lot of important things for the character, such as access to Yuria, slabs, specific weapons, etc...

The way the enemies are designed make it feel like the optimal way to fight is always the same no matter what build you go for. And similar to BB, the things you have access to early are extremely boring with many of the fun things locked away until the end of the game.

And the game has nothing going for it NG+ wise. DaS2 set the standard for how a new game plus should be done in a Souls game. Instead of even trying, DaS3 is the exact same shit except with some arbitrary + rings to force people to replay the game if they want optimal builds.

I love all the Souls games, but I think I burnt out on this one the quickest. Even when I try to make a new character with a new build, I get bored as fuck at how gimped I feel early and how long I have to wait before my build starts being fun
>>
i couldn't even put 100 hours into it, family
>>
Yeah I uninstalled it and I'm waiting for DLC. If they're even close to as good as 2's were, I think it could be the best in the series (besides BB). My main problem with 3 is that it played it way too safe. Too many of the movesets are identical, which was one of vanilla 2's main flaws. I was hoping we'd get some wacky shit like Yorgh's Spear, Santiers, or the Bewitched Alonne Sword. Even something as simple as a greatsword with a warcry L2 would have been great.

I still managed to put like 150-200 hours into it, but that's nothing compared to how much I played the other ones.
>>
The souls meme is dying, what a day to be alive.
>>
Before people say "wait for the DLC" I want to point out that these problems don't really have anything to do with the amount of content in the game. Also, unless the DLC ends up being low to mid level areas one can go to extremely early on, it won't solve the issues either.
>>
i sorta lost interest and stopped playing.
the enemy spawn locations made "running past them to the next bonfire" the best strategy.
>>
>>344820295
Yeah it reminds me of DaS2 in that regard. Either run passed everyone or get overwhelmed by numbers and forced to slowly deal with each enemy isolated. One is quick and efficient and the other is extremely tedious and in no actual way beneficial.
>>
No, no, no, I know what you're doing.
This is your attempt at making DS3 looking overrated because it's new and DS2 as an "underrated gem".
Stop it. Stop it right now.
>>
File: 1465445951516.jpg (104 KB, 581x576) Image search: [Google]
1465445951516.jpg
104 KB, 581x576
>three games
>same gameplay throughout with minor changes (a pro and a con)
>only sense of progression is in leveling your character, none from advancing the storyline
>storyline is rendered irrelevant because none of the endings are actually canon or have any impact on the story
>most of the interesting stuff is only read about in item descriptions, not shown in-game

Well no fucking wonder you're burnt out OP.
>>
>>344818830
After platting DaS1 I'm kinda burned out on Souls in general. DaS2 and 3 having really easy bosses certainly didn't help. Sif was a mistake.
>>
All the warping at the beginning of the game fucks it up, IMO. (Warping out of the shrine would've felt right if there'd been more than one place to warp to.) But since it's linear, you get a weird linear path. The world doesn't feel connected until you're out in the woods and get to a high point. That's the only time I got that "Dark Souls" vibe. Then the catacombs ruined it.
>>
>>344820658
Who the fuck cares about that shit?
>>
I burnt out pretty quick too. I got some extra playtime by doing a sorcery build. I'm going to try pyromancy and faith too. One thing I love about these games is they really reward you for trying out unorthodox builds.
>>
>>344820864

Faith/Pyro/Dark is the most fun I've had with the game so far. Vestiges is OP as fuck in PvE
>>
>>344818830
Great, you're burned out.

Now stop talking about it.
Stop fucking talking about Dark Souls.
Go away forever. No more Dark Souls.
>>
>>344820859
not him but i do.
warping should be an endgame reward like it was in dark souls 1. it really kills the atmosphere in ds2/ds3 being able to warp everywhere.
>>
>>344821246
It didn't kill the atmosphere in DeS how the fuck does it kill it in DaS3? Characters warp around in the lore there's fucking magic.
>>
>>344821859
Yes it did, DeS was garbage.
>>
>>344818830
I liked it but I have no desire to replay it, to me the environments just felt so repetetive and often weren't that interesting (with some really big exceptions), it really have that much of an identity, a lot of it just felt like it was meant to be an apology for Dark Souls 2 so just ignored a lot of the things it did well and shoved in references to Dark Souls 1 for the fans to enjoy.

I do think the bosses were the best in the series so far though, but I just prefer Dark Souls 2 over it because it tried to do something different, even if some of it didn't work out all the way.
>>
>>344821859
DeS didn't have checkpoint bonfires, they were earned by beating bosses.
It also made more sense to be going to those points from the hub world.
>>
Playing Dark Souls 3 makes me feel dirty because I could be playing Bloodborne instead of a mediocre uninspired rehash.
>>
>>344818830
welcome to a month ago. Played Dark Souls 1 after it and got burnt out on that too around the time I hit Izalith.
>>
>>344822039
I appreciate that about DaS2 as well. I like that they took risks and made something unique. It has flaws, but it also is far more memorable than DaS3, which feels like a direct followup to DaS1, which also felt like a direct followup to DeS. It was nice seeing actually unique looking areas and enemies.
>>
>>344822283
You didn't get burned out. You hit the end of the game. The last part of DaS1 is shit most people stop by Izalith.
>>
I'm just sick of the Souls setting. I'd like something other than medieval fantasy next time (haven't played Bloodborne yet).
>>
>>344821246
>>344820658
http://gameranx.com/updates/id/64010/article/hidetaka-miyazaki-believes-dark-souls-iiis-maps-connection-was-a-bit-weak/
>>
>>344822429
I think some of the areas and enemies of DS3 were really great but man, there were just so many where it brought nothing new to the table like the poisonous swamp, the derelict castle or the underground scary-skeleton hole
>>
>>344822527
Definitely play Bloodborne. It shows that the team can do something unique if they really wanted to,

I'm sick of the Souls setting too. Berserk like setting was cool and novel back when DeS came out, but by DaS3 they've reused so many assets and ideas that it has become extremely stale.

Why not have a fucking game in the East? Every Souls game talks about the Eastern lands, but they are never explored. It would be a great opportunity to have Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indian, Middle Eastern, etc... inspired areas instead of just dark medieval stuff.
>>
>>344824017
Oh I want to play it, but there's still nothing else I want for PS4 and I can't justify buying a whole console for one game.
>>
>>344818830
>even Bloodborne
But BB is the one with the biggest amount of replay value out of the franchise.
>>
>>344825413
How so? BB is my favorite Souls game so I'm usually afraid to talk about it on /v/ these days.
>>
>>344825517
Chalice, more interesting boss fights and gameplay. BB made me realize that From's creativity was limited by Souls in many fields. Then again BB also was co-developed by Sony just like the best Souls so who knows.
>>
>>344825913
Yeah DeS and BB are my favorites too. I find them to be the most creative of the Souls games

DaS1-3 are great too, but they just don't quite do it for me as much. They all feel too much like derivatives of something
>>
>>344818830

Pretty sure everyone stopped playing it about a month after it released.
>>
>>344827080
>6000 in-game
>>
>>344818830
welcome to release day fag. DaS3 is boring garbage, /v/ was just circlejerking about it like retards so it looked good at first.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.