[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon pls GO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: Pokeman Go.jpg (156 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Pokeman Go.jpg
156 KB, 1200x675
>/v/ is always bitching about gameplay due to how elitist everyone is
>Pokemon GO launches
>Obviously made for little kids
>Gameplay is literally just relegated to tapping on the screen
>Instantly declared GOTY by Nintendrones
>Point this out
>Haha you're just a friendless loser go outside anon! XD

The fact that Pokemon Go is not only a thing on this board but actively being discussed just proves that /v/'s overall taste is utterly plebeian and children-tier.

Remember to never take anything spouted here seriously.
>>
>Remember to never take anything spouted here seriously.

Nooo, really?
>>
File: PCvsN64vs3Dwlink.png (990 KB, 2014x1368) Image search: [Google]
PCvsN64vs3Dwlink.png
990 KB, 2014x1368
People think pic related is trolling OP

Of course /v/'s taste is philistine af
>>
>Be alone as Team Instinct, hanging near a gym
>9 guys show up
>"What team?" they ask
>I tell them
>They laugh at me and wreck the gym
>"Well, see you guys later" I tell them
>"Eeeeeh, wait one second"
>Guy puts his hand on my shoulder
>Pushes me to the ground
>"Valor is the true path to glory"
>Try to get back up, they kick me
>"Let's teach this faggot a lesson"
>They rip my pants off, I start screaming
>"I'm going to Diglett inside of you and Squirtle into your boy Cloyster and you will Lickitung the rest of our Muk off our Ninetails, faggot"
>They rape me
>Other Team Instict bros walk by and see it happening
>They turn around and leave. Nobody tries to help me
>They beat me, take my gym, and fuck me raw
>After it's over they all spit on me and Flex.
>"Team Valor!"
>I get up and walk home crying
>One of my eggs hatches
>It's a 10CP Pidgey

One of the best nights of my life. Who else here is Team Instinct?
>>
>>344747695
>invite friend over for dinner
>offer to pick them up
>"sure anon, I'm in x"
>whythefuckaretheyinthemiddleofnowhere.tiff
>drive to meet them
>pitch black out
>can't see them, just some rug-laden hobo pacing around in the dark
>wait, the hobo is staring at a smart-phone
>holy shit, it's them
>it turns out they've been roaming the streets 9am-3am since the launch
pokeman is one hell of a drug
>>
>>344748849
>"infrequent emulation errors"
>>
>>344747695
why cant you just relax and have fun for once
>>
>>344747695
It's the one chance for all /v/irgins to earn some normie points and pretend to be functional human beings by being part of something universally popular.
>>
>>344747695
>I don't like this game
>It shouldn't be a thing on this board

Then don't dedicate your time to make a thread about it. Jesus fucking cancerous christ.
>>
File: SALT.gif (276 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SALT.gif
276 KB, 640x360
>>344747695
>Instantly declared GOTY by Nintendrones

Things that didn't happen: the post. Shit's being spammed by casuals but most on /v/ are more than aware and vocal regarding it's complete lack of anything worthwhile.

>>344748849
>STILL re-posting this despite getting BTFO multiple times

I am so glad I will never be THIS fucking salty.
>>
Literally everyone in my shop is playing this game, and we're all military men ranging 20s to 30s.
I think it's time OP needs to realize that some things are just fun even if it's made for kids.
>>
File: UuV34uk.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
UuV34uk.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>344749686
>tfw I see old people on Normiebook making fun of this
>one posted a long post about what to do when you encounter a Pokemon Go player
>says stuff like "they're not used to light," their diet is usually Mountain Dew and Cheetohs
>One cunt just says "it's a game played by grown-ass children
>tfw half of these peoples' coworkers are probably playing it.
>>
>>344749686
>mindlessly tapping the screen is fun

You're so delusional you might aswell turn off the phone and tap the empty screen.
>>
>>344749973
No shit fuck-nut.
Thats why in this post here >>344749624
I told you not to make a thread about it.
>>
File: 1454253526243.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1454253526243.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>344747695
The Fallout shelter thing already proved that /v/ is inundated with casual mobile scum. I'm surprised we don't have more threads on candy crush and clash of clans.
>>
I agree OP.
>>
>>344749973
what the fuck I wasn't even praising the game you fucking retard, learn to fucking read before you shitpost and get your shit deleted.
>>
>gameplay is literally tapping
yeah.. me and my bros already tapped some nerdy girls roamin the streets ;)
>>
>>344747695
Did you forget what time of the year it is? and also if you have taken anything written on here seriously you are an idiot.
>>
What does holding gyms do exactly
>>
>>344753518
Stardust, in-game currency, bragging rights
>>
>>344750117
>mindlessly pressing buttons is fun

You're so delusional you might aswell turn off the handheld and stare at the empty screen.

it's all just code in the end anon. I'm sorry that everything isn't as in depth as street fighter or overwatch. But you really want gaming to be segregated into
>people who play games
>people who don't play games

A middle ground can exist and if everything had the mechanical depth you want gaming would be only Esports
>>
>>344751040
but fallout shelter was good for a mobile game.

If anything fallout shelter was a step in the right direction for mobile gaming. You can earn everything by playing the only real bad thing from keeping it from being traditional was wait timers
>>
>come to /v/ to discuss how fun it is
>/v/ hates it
every time. why are people upset about every game ever
>>
Re posting for you
>>>344752956

Have you ever considered that pokemon was already popular before the inception of GO?

It's not like when word got out of a mobile pokemon everyone who didn't play games jumped out of their seat.

Go's popularity was spread like wildfire through word of mouth and the already pseudo mainstream gamers. People not interested in games inherently but they think pokemon is cool so they downloaded it and liked it.

It didn't take long for word to spread to their non gamer friends and actual pokemon fans to their gaming friends.

The app is designed to be accessible to the laymen but in depth enough in troubling for the pokemon veteran. If anything, I think that this could introduce pokemon to a wider audience

But I'm not blind I know very well that this could also start a trend where Nintendo takes a new mobile approach to gaming which we can't really know how the quality will turn out
>>
>>344754106
Because of the secret club mentality that's infested this place for the last couple of years.
>>
Why is /v/ so fucking mad about a mobile game?
>>
>>344754351
only a minority is upset. And their anger in understandable but not necessarily warranted
>>
File: 12331133414113.png (10 KB, 323x156) Image search: [Google]
12331133414113.png
10 KB, 323x156
>Tfw Windows Phone
>>
>>344754417
I dont understand their anger. I dont understand most anger about games people dont play anyways, why should someone be upset about this unless they personally lose something from it.
>>
>>344754650
Well technically they could loose something. Traditional gaming and the quality and depth of pokemon.

No one is really sure what turn pokemon will take after the success of GO. it could in turn reinforce the pokemon franchise and we'll have another split in the pokemon games. But this could also signal Nintendo to make a more "mobile" approach to games
>>
File: 127095609349.jpg (21 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
127095609349.jpg
21 KB, 450x299
>>344754934
>quality and depth of pokemon.
>>
>>344754934
28 y/o here, this is literally the first time I play a pokemon game since Red. If anything they gained more by doing this. I know a lot of friends who play this and are in this situation.
>>
>>344748895
Wonderful story
>>
>>344755108
that's very funny but you know what I mean. depth by pokemon's current standards.

the current gameplay held in the mainline games is "in danger" from GO's mass appeal
>>
what do you do in this game? just walk around catching pokemon? is there battling or quests or anything?
>>
>>344755413
>but you know what I mean. depth by pokemon's current standards.
I wouldnt know desu, this is the first pokemon game I play since the ones on gameboy.
>>
>>344755461
yes
>>
>>344748895
strangers ran the train on you for playing this game? i'm in.
>>
>>344747695
Out of the 200+ people I've seen playing this game religiously, only 28 were kids. The rest were literal hormones engrossed by it.

This shit will be bigger than candy crush and angry birds and clash of clans put together. Just watch
>>
File: 1460571795737.gif (165 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1460571795737.gif
165 KB, 600x400
>>344747695
>4chan is one person meme
>>
>>344747695
On the one hand this game is utter shit and a disgrace for fans, who were into the series before the release of Go, on the other hand people assume that all the negativity is caused by jelly sony-fan boys so it's quite fun to watch the arguments here.
>>
>>344755656
well then sorry. i hope Go has made you reinterested in pokemon so you can know what I'm talking about
>>
File: 1455686636492.png (151 KB, 449x442) Image search: [Google]
1455686636492.png
151 KB, 449x442
>>344753573
>stardust
oh what are you shitting me?
I didn't get into a game until a couple days after release and now pretty much every gym is held by 900+ CP nuclear animals and there's jack shit I can do because of low stardust income. Didn't know being rich only meant you get richer around here.
>>
File: Good for you.jpg (9 KB, 248x233) Image search: [Google]
Good for you.jpg
9 KB, 248x233
>>344753925
>Depth
>Overwatch

Literally babby's first FPS. There has never been a more casualized game in existence.
>>
>>344756253
clearly you didnt play
>>
>>344756253
never ceases to amazing me that people can't pick up on analogies
>>
>>344756365
Wow the age old YOU DIDN'T PLAY IT! Nice argument there kiddo.

Keep in mind that the game was free for everyone before launch for about five (5) days if I remember correctly.
>>
Reminder that just becausr you stopped caring about Pokemon after gen 1/2 (because you are likely a trend following sheep who cant form their own opinion) doesnt mean it got shit from that point on.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.