[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what is the appeal of this game? The monsters look like they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
So what is the appeal of this game? The monsters look like they're made by children. The gameplay is a dumbed down one on one JRPG battle and basic walking around. The grinding and leveling is the epitome of repetitive. It's only a decent game, not very good. I don't get why it's so popular. Is it because people like being megaweeaboos, because they like animals or both?
I only played Pokemon Red, do the newer games change the core mechanics?
>>
>>344617274
It will die in a month or less just like Temple Run, Angry Birds, jetpack joyride, Flappy Bird, etc etc
>>
>>344617274
>The gameplay is a dumbed down one on one JRPG battle and basic walking around.

Why not just say Roguelike.
>>
>>344617274
Are you insane? It's nothing like you described. It's a dungeon crawler with mechanics the most refined and polished the series has ever known. The Emera system allows for more temporary customization per dungeon and encourages you to explore all floors. Moves have been tweaked and you have a LOT more to play and build around with.
To compensate for all this, the difficulty is the highest ever in the series. You can step into a room with enemies using AoE attacks from across the room and two-shotting your ENTIRE PARTY before you even had time to turn around and run. Inadequately prepared players are dead, but those who brought the right kinds of wands and items to deal with situations may be able to make it out alive. I personally found the game harder than Demon's Souls.

It's probably my favorite game of 2015.

...or maybe OP was talking about the main Pokemon series even though he used the wrong picture, but that would be no fun.
>>
It looks like some idiot just grabbed a picture of super mystery dungeon to talk about mainline pokemon.

Go home Robert.
>>
>>344618314
>he thinks we're talking about pokemon go
Lel. These are the underage contrarians that hate on popular social games
>>
I wanted to get into it because I really like roguelikes but found the gameplay too slow to be tolerable. Now I understand why roguelikes rarely have any animations.
>>
It's a roguelike with a shitton of enemies and classes to experience.
>>
>PMD thread

Fuck yeah

>People claiming Super isn't as good as Sky when Super's post-credits dungeons and story alone trumps it in every regard

End your lives bros
>>
>>344620596
Don't worry, there will be no rushing through dungeons past the very early game. Dying in the first room you spawn in gets so frequent that you'll be grateful that resetting is so fast.
>>
>>344620850
the ending fucked me up too hard to want to do the postgame
is it worth?
>>
File: 1468127632141.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1468127632141.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>344621049
Allow me to respond to your inquiry with an image. Which I strongly suggest you don't look at unless you've at least seen the credits.
>>
>>344617274
But there's no grinding in that game... Right?
>>
>>344620850
Super has the worst PMD plot unless you believe in "better than nothing" being a thing.
>>
>>344623386
Rescue Team has the worst plot.
>>
>>344623386
It's still better than basically every other game and the gameplay is so many miles ahead of Gates it's not even funny. Try finding one person who prefers Gates despite it arguably having the best plot.

>>344623662
The first game is always excused for shortcomings. See: Gen 1
>>
>>344623662
So it's better than nothing, gotcha.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.