[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please Advise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I am a die hard survival horror fan, but I have not gotten around to playing most of the RE games. I've only played 1, part of 2, 4, and 5. I am going to replay all of them. I know, I should play in release order, but I have a few questions:
1. Should I play REmake remastered, original REmake, or the actual PS1 Resident Evil 1?
2. After 2, I'm not sure on release order or what I should play. 3, Code Veronica, Zero, I'm not sure which to play first
3. After those, I will play 4 then 5, but are there any I'm missing? Umbrella Chronicles? Any others I should play?
4. Before 6, do I play Revelations? Revelations 2? I'm not sure what order is right.
5. Are there any others I'm missing?

Thank you in advance.
>>
remake, newest one
CV

i dont care if you play 5,6, relvations
>>
>>344609448
1. reREmake is pretty good, but occasionally has a few hiccoughs and the new control scheme makes shit way too easy. But it does have a few extra features and is more accessible to play. Doesn't really matter. They're both totally different games from original RE1, but the REmake has much much MUCH better polish and some new content.

2. Always go release order.

3. Always go release order, unless you want to avoid spinoff shit. Just google it.

4. Google release schedule jesus three questions in a row.

5. God dammit just fucking GOOGLE THE GAMES THEY RELEASED IN LINEAR TIME
>>
>>344609448
1 remake - excellent
2,3 ok
4 - excellent, but different
5,6 shit

>or just silent hill 2, lights out
>>
>>344609448
Just play em in release order.
And try re original first and remake later.
>>
Both the re1ps1 and remaster re1

Play 3 next, it does take place during 2 after all

Play code Veronica next it's best I the series imo
>>
>>344609779
Thank you for the direction my friend.
>>344609843
Kek, sorry pham, but thank you.
>>344609902
I've already played SH2 too many times, I speedrun it.
>>344609959
Am I missing anything storywise if I only play REmake? I plan to play RE1 at some point but as for now I just want to get into the story mostly.
>>344610118
What are the differences between RE PS1 and REmake? Anything significant?
Thank you very much for the advice.
>>
>>344609448
>die hard survival horror fan.
>never got through resident evil....

That aside. To appreciate Remake to its fullest, I always recommend playing the original first.
Remake
CV
(Optional) Umbrella chronicles, Dark side chronicles
Revelation
Revelation 2
Fuck 6
>>
>>344610463
I know it sounds silly, but I've managed to play the hell out of every other franchise and 1, 4, and 5 of RE but for some reason never got to the others. Thank you for the order, friendo. I am off for the night to play PS1 RE1.
>>
>all these retards suggesting to start with REmake

Yeah man those RE2 & RE3 graphics will look great by comparison ;^)
>>
>>344610463
>Revelation 2
>Fuck 6
>>
>>344610320
REmake has a few additional areas in the mansion/lab/outside and under ground the mansion, and different puzzles and a few new bosses as well as a new enemy, the crimson head. just a super zombie.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.