[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"its to keep cheaters out XD" >I already bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 20160710035120_1.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160710035120_1.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
>"its to keep cheaters out XD"
>I already bought this shit 9 years ago

Why would I cheat? And don't even say this somehow costs Valve more money for servers they've already been providing for years.

>Valvedrones will defend this
>>
Only reason why anyone would actually buy this is:

1. They don't want to add their phone number to Steam (which is understandable)

2. They got caught cheating with a phone number attached to their account and for some reason don't want to use a fake sms number to do it

The high price is probably meant to make cheaters less likely to actually cheat, but it also hurts people who don't want to attach real life things to their Steam account. I can understand that, there's also the potential case where someone doesn't actually have a phone either. A friend of mine is subject to this, they don't have a phone so not only can they not trade, they also can't play comp unless they either get a phone or buy this pass, which is sort crummy.

As for myself I added a phone number mostly because I don't really use it much for anything and so far no boogie men have called telling me to buy the latest product on a steam sale, so far so good.
>>
>>344518886
$10 really isn't an issue for cheaters though if you think about it, some shitty pub cheat called LMAOBox went undetected for like 2+ years with an open source code and Valve finally did something about about it 3/4 months ago. $10 for 1/2 years of griefing with something that's public is nothing. There are currently a pathetic amount of cheaters in this game and Valve does nothing about it.
>>
>>344519434

I think Valve is just too hopeful that VAC will actually catch people and thus make the price a grim reality, but the truth is VAC sucks and most of the time people with LMAOBox just come in and destroy a server and VAC never detects it, even if they do the most blatant shit like spamming chat so no one can talk or hit people while spinning in their spawn

Really Valve just needs to get off their ass and actually make their cheat detection actually detect cheats as a priority before releasing comp. IIRC not even CS:GO is safe from it so if it actually got properly fixed then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. But hey, if it gets retards who think they need to pay 10 bucks to cheat again then whatever works. Personally if I cheated I'd just go with a free sms number that wasn't already banned for doing the same thing.
>>
>>344518191
Fucking this. I shouldn't have to give up my rather pointless, but still personal information or shell out 10 fucking dollars for a game I bought years ago.
>>
>>344519434

Yeah, and 10$ will probably mean 5$ during sales and the equivalent of 3$ for russians and turks the whole year.

It certainly didn't stop cheating on CSGO.
>>
>>344519747
the good news is that they're actually hiring for a dedicated "TEAM" (probably 1 guy) to provide detection to cheats. but the bad news is that all it's focus will probably be on CSGO
>>
>Why would I cheat?
This is what cheaters might say. What a stupid defence.
>>
>>344520673
>cheaters use 9+ year old accounts

ok stupid faggot
>>
>>344519434
>pub cheat
the pub version waw always detected
paid version (20$) wasnt detected until recently
>>
>>344520731
Completely irrelivant defence. You could have any number of reasons for deciding to cheat.

Now, I was never saying you were going to cheat, I was just saying that your rationale for you being completely 100% trustworthy and irrefutably noble for all time because you bought the base game is not a valid defence.

Anyone, at any time, could have any number of reasons for deciding to cheat. One of the first things a deceitful person wants is for others to trust them unconditionally to give them free reign.
>>
steamdb.info/stats/bans

Around 140 accounts banned each months...

Jesus Christ, my account reach it twelfth anniversary last tuesday. Never cheated once, never created another account. Probably had close to four thousand hours of CSS before I went to college.

People are so garbage. People cheated back in the days too, but I don't think it was nearly as bad as this. We typically started older though.
>>
>>344521151

> ~140k bans a month
>>
>>344521051
the majority of cheaters all have fresh accounts, often alt accounts used for cheating, the amount of vac bans on accounts older than 5+ years is incredibly vague.

why should i be punished for having a clean record on a game i bought 9 years ago. how the fuck is that an irrelevant argument?
>>
>>344521151

Starting from January this year there's been a minimum of 3500 bans EACH DAY.

I just want to know how many of them are coming from CS:GO.
>>
>>344521490
csgo comes in waves, not just daily
>>
>>344520731

vacstat.us/u/76561197961186649

Age of the account has little to do with it. I just type last vac bans on google, got to that site literally fifth guy banned today had an account older than mine.
>>
>>344521405
I've all ready said why. I'm not going in circle with you. I think thou doth protest too much.
>>
>>344521726
>look anecdotal evidence!!

you do realize that's a stolen account that doesn't even own tf2? look at the name history on the vacstat page, they literally created their community page 8 months ago
>>
>have 6 steam accounts that own tf2 that I use to idle with before f2p
>now going to use them to hack and ruin competitive to spite you fucks

should have let the game die retards

none of you will have fun if i can help it
>>
>>344521717

I've seen people get banned mid match, VAC doesn't wait for anything.
>>
>>344522076
Joke's on you I love fucking with hackers.
>>
>>344518191
guys come play overwatch its pretty fun
>>
>>344522076
You sound incredibly pathetic. It doesn't effect me in any way that you waste your own time and possibly money.

Of course, you're all talk and have no intention of doing what you just said, you're just being a pathetic internet baiter.
>>
So based on what h3h3 says (hurr durr get out XDD 15 year old), doesn't adding your phone number just make you less secure? That's just decentralizing your security thus making it even easier to get in.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.