[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright guys im trying to get gud at usf4 and im having fun doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1442579714534.jpg (33 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
1442579714534.jpg
33 KB, 599x337
alright guys
im trying to get gud at usf4 and im having fun doing so, but i feel pretty late to the party
im considering getting sfv i can get it pretty cheap right now.

so I would like your opinions on the game
so far i like that fadc and 1 frame links arent really an issue, and the game seems more about fundamental play rather than heavy combo game like in usf4.
ive put about 60 hours into usf4 and im a C online.

give me good reasons to buy it, and what cons i should be wary of in sfv
>>
Why pay more for a game with much less content?
>>
>>344462030
i can get it for $30
no akuma makes me salty though
>>
>>344461878
If PC you have free online play
If Ps4 you have free online play

SFV is more knockdown heavy than SF4
SFV has 8 frames of input lag, which is 3 higher than SF4, however it doesn't effect you unless you're in the top 1% of players.
SFV is less execution based and more neutral/footsies based.
FADC is gone so you have to commit
Crush Counter is added so missing a SRK is even more of a risk.
SF4 colors are unlocked as you play
SFV colors are purchased with real money or unlocked in an unfair survival mode.
SFV character balance is better than SF4 but this is mostly contributed to less characters.
SFV damage potential is huge. Some matches can end in 2-3 combos.
SFV is more approachable, honest game but it's lack of depth leads to boring gameplay.
>>
FADC and Ultra are garbage mechanics, even if they look cool from a distance.

If you like gimmicks and long combos, stay away from V. Otherwise you should get it. It's boring to watch but fun to actually play. The DLC characters have gotten much more combo potential than the original 16, though.
>>
>>344461878
If you though pre-ultra vortexs were bad....sfv will not be a good choice
>>
>>344462030
/thread
>>
>>344462030
SFV has more now
It has story, character story, challenges, two separate types of tutorials, survival, vs, online and then training

Ultra has Arcade, trials, training, vs with cpu, online and training
>>
I was never able to get into SFIV at all. Not sure why, but I just couldn't fucking "get it".

SFV has been much easier for me. Not to the extent that I rocketed up to Platinum from Rookie or anything, but I can execute combos and generally understand how/why I fucked up and how to correct it, which I never got to in any version of SFIV. It really does feel like a much more beginner friendly game than IV.

I mean, ultimately, if you can get it for cheap, you're probably just better off getting V since it's "the game" now in terms of community and everything.
>>
>>344461878
Eight frames
>>
>>344462443
>It's boring to watch but fun to actually play.

It's boring to watch and boring to play.
>>
>>344463967
I disagree.
>>
>>344463967
fight me best of 3 right now to see if ill accept your complaint
>>
>>344464148
post your cfn so i can laugh at your bronze ass
BrickSWE add me
>>
>>344464362
I'm gold, faggot. Fight me instead.
>>
>>344464362
youre going down
>>
>>344462242
>however it doesn't effect you unless you're in the top 1% of players.

The 8f affects shittier players more than it does good ones. Unless you're saying 99% of players never would've antiaired or whiff punished under any circumstances.
>>
>>344464721
>Harada_laughing.jpg
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.