[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As fun as MGR was, what happened to the original game? The movements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: Metal_Gear_Rising_Cover.jpg (70 KB, 400x583) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_Rising_Cover.jpg
70 KB, 400x583
As fun as MGR was, what happened to the original game? The movements seemed much more deliberate and the slicing mechanic was much better.
>>
File: Kojima - The boss game noramndy.jpg (967 KB, 1440x4676) Image search: [Google]
Kojima - The boss game noramndy.jpg
967 KB, 1440x4676
>>344430690
Kojima Productions literally couldn't get anything else than that short E3 demo done by themselves during those couple years. Kojima was not involved with the project at first, as he was on one of his few rare vacations, but he got pretty mad that his team'd been goofing around while he was gone.

The project would've probably been canceled, had he not have managed to ask Platinum to help with the thing. In few weeks, they did a quick demo of that "RULES OF NATURE" part with RAY, and Hideo was sold.

The ironic thing is, had the Kojima production's guys had more balls, we'd gotten an "MGS5" game about The Boss in Normandy.
>>
>>344431586
>they just couldn't do anything without le GENIUS himself
This is the shit retarded fans truly believe.
>>
>>344431945
No, it's a fucking fact.
Konami's younger staff, including Kojima Production's guys themselves, have several times literally begged Kojima to stay and help with things.

Hell, if you don't believe me, look up the MGR interview with Kojima from few years ago. He was pretty pissed that nothing's been done when he came back to studio.
>>
File: G12qREM.jpg (135 KB, 989x1334) Image search: [Google]
G12qREM.jpg
135 KB, 989x1334
THIS IS NOW A MGR FUNPOSTING THREAD

NANOMACHINES, THE DNA OF THE FUCKING INVINCIBLE, YA KNOW!
>>
>>344432176
Was his absence the reason that nothing was done? I doubt it. Retarded concept was the reason. Team was forced to make a game based on a gimmick, concept also lacked any real direction.

>just listen to maestro himself his not gonna lie about it
>>
>>344430690
The development team was not happy with what they were putting together, they couldn't utilize the core gameplay mechanics in an entertaining way.

Honestly, with the shlock that comes out that publishers seem proud of, this game, which even the developers didn't think was fun, must have been a real stinker.
>>
>>344430690
That game only really existed in your imagination
>>
>>344432176
>>344432794
I think it has a lot to do how Japanese game studios are structured. You have the one idea guy who gives the direction and without him nobody knows what the other hand is doing.

Meanwhile In western game studios you also have the one idea guy but under him there are many supervisors who also give a lot input into the game. This improves so much the communication in a team.
>>
>>344431586
>Platinumfags actually believe their lies
I swear, they pulled something to sabotage it.
>>
File: 1447601559263.jpg (176 KB, 1111x1111) Image search: [Google]
1447601559263.jpg
176 KB, 1111x1111
>boot up MGR2
>you're back to mgs2
>welcome to game
>NOW FIGHT SOLIDUS
>tutorial over, go to alaska and train
>government sends you to find remains of boss
>infiltrating mission
>get captured and turned into cyborg
>learn to use new body
>escape from testing facility
>train some more ninja bullshit
>do some cool shit in the background of mgs4
And end game would be starting the africa thing up from first MGR.
>>
File: 1467632568521.jpg (95 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
1467632568521.jpg
95 KB, 500x738
>>344434938
>boot up MGR2
>raiden becomes an antihero obsessed with fulfilling Armstrong's vision, paralleling John's development post-MGS3
>>
>>344434938
eh, i don't think we need a prequel. though it would be really cool to start the game off with the solidus fight, since that is a huge part of raiden's backstory.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.