[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your opinion on Crash Bandicoot 3? Do you think it improved some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: do your little crash dnace.png (3 MB, 5120x3840) Image search: [Google]
do your little crash dnace.png
3 MB, 5120x3840
Your opinion on Crash Bandicoot 3? Do you think it improved some mechanics Crash 2 didn't have? I always thought the jumping in Crash 2 was a bit stiff before they fixed it with a automatic somersault in 3
>>
File: 1467488222761.png (477 KB, 516x457) Image search: [Google]
1467488222761.png
477 KB, 516x457
>>344369427
Christ was that the title screen in Japan? It looks like trash
>>
>>344369712
See for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ3bDqz0FBk
>>
Crash 3 is the worst one in the original trilogy. Looking beyond how goofy and stupid it is compared to the previous games (both stylistically/tonally and graphic wise), it's a total mess. The levels are all too short and narrow. The game is much too easy. The unlock-able moveset is retarded. It has too many gimmick levels. The time trials are shit. It has too many questionable decisions. Overall, the game is very unpolished, it seems they spent all their effort into adding gimmicks and goofy shit.

As for 2, it's the best game in the series. It has flawless controls. I don't know what you man when you say it was stiff. Everything was so perfect. Crash 1 is also a good game, but in the case of that that game, the controls/jumping actually are stiff and delayed.
>>
>>344370371
While i really like how the level select/warp room from crash 2, and agree that crash 3 had too many gimmick levels, i don't see how the goofiness detratcs from the game, the whole franchise was already comical (though 3 upped the goofiness).

The unlockable moveset felt a bit pointless beyond the overpowered wumpa bazooka, but it wasn't bad/didn't fuck up the game either.

The game felt far from unpolished. Wrath of cortex and twinsanity were unpolished, crash 3 still kept the crsip plataforming that the original trilogy has.

Never really bothered with time trials so i can't say anything about them.

You have legit complaints, and i agree that 2 was the best out of the original 3, but you are really forcing the "i hate crash 3" thing too much.
>>
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA PRESENTS...
>>
>>344369427
The only improvements on 3 over 2 was the boss fights
>>
>>344372579
Well, it gave N. Gin more lines. That's also an improvement.

N. Gin is the best character after all.
>>
>>344372579
this
>>
File: slipperly climb, bitches.png (326 KB, 643x429) Image search: [Google]
slipperly climb, bitches.png
326 KB, 643x429
>>344372037
>crash 3 still kept the crsip plataforming that the original trilogy

That's a lie. Another problem 3 has is that it barely contains any real platforming. Compare it to any level from 1 and the difficult stages of 2 and this is overwhelmingly obvious.
>>
>>344369427
Crash 3 was my favorite as a kid, but now?
Crash 2 is now my 2nd favorite and saw 3 with very tight controls and would play again but
>swimming levels
>waterski levels
>bike levels
it just puts me off now and rank it as the 3rd best.
My favorite is Crash 1 with the variety of levels and settings that don't drift from the gameplay as much.
>>
>>344369427
My opinion is that Crash was overrated then, and is better off ignored.
>>
Crash 3 was pretty bad. Why the fuck did it need four different kinds of vehicle levels? I don't need tiger, plane, motorcycle, and jetski. It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>344372937
I'm not talking about the amount of levels, i'm talking about controls overall.

Yes, 3 had less levels like that, and they were easier, but running, jumping and all that stuff still felt real nice, and at least on par with 2. To get what i'm saying go play the floaty mess that wrath of cortex was, then go play 3. You WILL feel a good difference.

If you are going to go full "they are not hard, thus not real plataforming, so what you said don't count at all" you can go eat a dick.
>>
>>344373419
pretty much this.
>>
>>344373419
Really? I was going to say that 3 has always felt floaty to me. I'm not sure if I prefer the controls to 1 (which I already mentioned are weird and slightly delayed) over 3. Maybe 3 just feels weird because of how the levels are. It's been forever since I've played WoC, so I'm honestly not sure about that one. 2 definitely has the best controls though.
>>
>>344373795
My bet is that it feels weird because of the levels. I never felt/had any problems with delays on crash 1 or floatiness on 3. Its been a while since i played crash 1, so i can't really say much.

Overall, wrath of cortex was a sort of a way shittier crash 3. The controls felt rather off and floaty (more or less like you describe 3).

It was probably because it was a early ps2 title, if you go compare it with twinsanity, the controls and jumps improved a lot between the two games.
>>
I wonder what changes they'll have for Crash 3 when the remasters are out?
>>
>>344369923
That is not right, Japan.
>>
>>344373168
Overrated or not, they're still solid games. Definitely worth a try.
>>
>>344376752
I wonder what changes will they have for the franchise overall.

Honestly 2 and 3 don't need that much fixing. 1 really needs a better save system.
>>
File: 1467109179340.png (77 KB, 253x181) Image search: [Google]
1467109179340.png
77 KB, 253x181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CzX2JUqDuI
>>
File: Hank.png (44 KB, 160x215) Image search: [Google]
Hank.png
44 KB, 160x215
>>344369923
>That music
>>
>>344369923
>Kurashu bandiku starts playing
>>
>>344377296
1 needs a proper Save System like 2 & 3. 1 & 2 could use the thing where they tell you the amount of boxes are in a level in total as well. Time Trial Modes for 1 & 2 also be nice.
>>
File: REhash Bandisloot.png (3 MB, 5120x3840) Image search: [Google]
REhash Bandisloot.png
3 MB, 5120x3840
>>
For some reason, ND's Crash games are the only ones in the series to have full spit-shine and polish. Why is that?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.