[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this game still have a lot of players? How is it? I remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 300x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 300x430
Does this game still have a lot of players? How is it? I remember having so much fun a few years ago but I don't wanna play if the community is really small and it's hard to find groups ect..
>>
>>344264531
The biggest servers like moon guard still has a lot of players, and the LFG system for raids lets you group up with anyone.

I wouldn't play it though, just go to Kronos 2. Free and bigger server than I think any blizz server(could be wrong, but its still massive). Raiding sucks on vanilla though.

I suppose
>if you want a fun leveling experience, go to Kronos
>if you want a fun raiding experience, play retail
Since Archimonde has more mechanics than all of molten core combined.
>>
>>344264767
Is it hard to get on private servers and do you still have to pay?
>>
>>344264531
>Does this game still have a lot of players?
probably a few million left
last time they released numbers it was around 5 million and rapidly dropping, that's when they decided they won't be releasing sub numbers any more.

>How is it?
absolute garbage.
WoD managed to fuck the game up worse than any previous expansion, and from what we know about it, legion is going to kepp going down that exact same route.
>>
>>344264767
Oh god how long have we been on 4chan
>>
>>344264810
>is it hard
no
you can find the client version and the patches you need on google within 5 minutes.
once you have the correct client version, all you have to do is replace the blizzard realmlist file with the realmlist of the private server you want to play on. done.

>do you still have to pay?
no.
some private servers have cash shops or donation systems that give you access to ingame items (p2w or just cosmetic shit), others don't.
>>
>>344264810
>Is it hard to get on private servers
google the server you want to play on, like "kronos vanilla wow", and follow the relatively simple instructions.
>do you still have to pay?
You don't have to pay, and if you do donate, all you get is a free mount.
>>
>>344264531
I mean yeah, it still has players, but it doesn't really mean shit. Everything is so streamlined it almost feels like a singleplayer game. Battlegrounds ARE singleplayer, they're filled with fucking bots. It's why Nostalrius got so popular.
>>
>>344264830
>legion is going to kepp going down that exact same route.

Quit talking out your ass. Legion is the most drastically different expansion than ever before. Blizzard will still find a way to fuck it all up, obviously, but it's nothing like WoD.
>>
It's pretty much dead on 90% of the servers. The few people still playing all get together on 2-3 realms per region.
>>
File: 1465572023245.jpg (170 KB, 933x680) Image search: [Google]
1465572023245.jpg
170 KB, 933x680
>>344265145
>Legion is the most drastically different expansion than ever before
>it's nothing like WoD

I like this new falseflagging shitposting which makes WoWplayers look like retarded, literal cucks.
>>
just power leveled a character to 100 on a full server and i almost never saw anyone during it

and the time i do see one the cross server bullshit ruins it and people are phasing in and out like crazy

i am not gonna lie the only reason i am subbed right now is because i want to end my time with the game via legion. giving my pala the ashbringer and fighting back the legion one more time in already almost singleplayer game seems like the perfect way to end my relationship with the game and franchise
>>
>>344265172
That's very sad, I have fond memories of checking the mailbox and auction house in iron forge before school in the mornings
>>
>>344265354
Everybody levels up exclusively through dungeons now. You just sit around in Stormwind/Org as you hop from dungeon to dungeon, it's a million times faster than questing. You can make it all the way to level 60 without ever leaving the city.
>>
>>344265359
we all do but those times are simply over
>>
>tempted to start on Kronos
>still clinging to the small chance Blizzard is going to unJUST itself and announce legacy realms at Blizzcon
Blizzcon can't come soon enough
>>
>>344264531
It's much easier to find groups now with the group finder (not the LFD queue, but a built-in tool that helps you look for groups for quests, dungeons, raids, ect) and it works across all servers in your region.

Still, don't roll on a dead server of you want friends, a guild, or a populated world. I wouldn't say it's even close to dead, just not as populated overall as it was in WOTLK.
>>
>>344265514
thats what i did until nearly 85 and then mixed it up with questing and dungeons

never saw anyone in the cata/content, not in pandaria except for the place where people farm the sha of anger and even in the draenor content i am not lying when i saw 10 people from the different faction and maybe 5 of mine tops

shit was really depressing
>>
>>344265172
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php
There are 24 realms on US with over 10k population, and this is during the shit time with no content.
>>
>>344265772
But you never see these people because they are all in several instances of the server thats a big problem
>>
>>344265895
Garrisons were a mistake
>>
>>344265324
>Has one feature the last expansion also had
>It's exactly the same

I guess every expansion is exactly the same because they share one feature
>>
>>344265952
Cross Server/instancing was the final nail for the immersion.

Recently we tried to get a Stormwind Raid going and shit went nowhere because parts of the Raids always ended up in different instances of the Server
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.