[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resident Evil 6 is one of the greatest third person shooters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11
File: RE6_The_Bus.jpg (241 KB, 1440x673) Image search: [Google]
RE6_The_Bus.jpg
241 KB, 1440x673
Resident Evil 6 is one of the greatest third person shooters of all time. Capcom made an Uncharted clone that kept the good bits of Uncharted (set pieces) and replaced the bad bits (Uncharted's shit combat.)

The game's so good it should be illegal.
>>
>>344212924
90% of the game is scripted encounters/ stupid qte's
the other 10 is walking around
Boring as fuck, literally everything wrong with games in 1 package
why even make a game when you aren't confident its gameplay can carry it? Instead you script it out the ass, disgusting
Played it 5 times, so this ain't no empty opinion
>>
>>344214241
>90% of the game is scripted encounters/ stupid qte's
RE4 is exactly the same.
>the other 10 is walking around
Why is this a bad thing? They lifted it directly from Uncharted 2 and 3.
>Boring as fuck, literally everything wrong with games in 1 package
It's the most fun TPS ever made, though?
>>
>>344214480
In 4 you get to approach the encounter
in 6 you get a stupid qte and bam surrounded
4 has item placement
in 6 you can go an entire chapter without a single health pickup
6 often puts you in incredibly stupid situations where the arena you fight in is too small/ inconvenient for the number of enemies
also its way too broken to be any real fun in the long run, many of its mechanics straight out clash and don't work
example: you can sprint and do a flying kick but that kick will be canceled by a simple zombie swing (???)
you can press the execution button to squash a zombies head and he can cancel it by knocking you on the ground
higher difficulties make many QTEs literally impossible if you don't have breakout
the gunplay is hilariously bad, jerking my cock has more weight to it than firing anything in re6
and so on... Fucking binary domain was more fun
Would still buy a proper resident evil action game, just don't shill this cancer
>>
>>344214241
>90%
Stop exaggerating anytime.
>>
>>344215236
>jerking my cock has more weight to it than firing anything in re6
I seriously doubt that.
>>
>>344215236
>in 6 you get a stupid qte and bam surrounded
Uh... No? Most of the time in RE6, you move through the levels and encounter the enemies naturally. RE6 does not have THAT many QTEs, especially in Chris' campaign. RE5 had more obnoxious QTEs.
>4 has item placement
>in 6 you can go an entire chapter without a single health pickup
The item placement is tailored to your needs. It will not give you health items if you already have them, for example. It's a system Half Life 2 helped popularise.
>the gunplay is hilariously bad, jerking my cock has more weight to it than firing anything in re6
RE6's gunplay is glorious compared to the clunky crap that was RE4. The laser sight is kind of essential, though.
>Fucking binary domain was more fun
Binary Domain relies on its comedy. SEGA gave Binary Domain away for free on Steam. A whopping FIFTY people play it at peak times. Resident Evil 6, meanwhile, currently gets 1,000-1,500 people at peak times. That's more than RE4 and RE5 put together.

RE6 is an eccentric game that was basically unplayable on the PS3/360, and has needs tweaking on PC, but it's a magical, god-tier game.
>>
>>344215404
puff puff puff
Look mom I am using my pistols hehe
Also they somehow managed to fuck up the aiming system, the crosshair is just irritating and the laser is way too transparent, so not only is the gunplay weak the aiming mechanics suck as well
And don't get me started on the cover system, you put it in a game to make firefights easier, and yet, not using the system at all is the only way to beat the highest difficulty (unless you stacked heals in advance lmao)
also you cant start a fresh game unless you finish someones campaign? the fuck?
Now don't get me started on the hilariously bad "bosses"
the game becomes a chore to replay with so much shit filling most of it
>>
Here's a challenge, anons. Name a single "horrible flaw" in RE6 that makes it "shit" that isn't also in the Uncharted games.

And no, you're not allowed to pretend the Uncharted games aren't smash hit, universally loved videogame success stories.
>>
>>344215942
>also you cant start a fresh game unless you finish someones campaign? the fuck?
You can, though? The game has chapter select for each campaign?
>And don't get me started on the cover system,
It's a fantastic cover system that has some similarities to Red Dead Redemption's. One of the best ever designed. The key is to slide into cover. Take a few shots. Leap over the cover. Sprint. Slide. Dodge. Etc. The basically basically teaches you how to use cover when you're in the subway with the acid spitting zombies.
>>
>>344215842
so most of the time is about 40% of the time in your case, gotcha
the item placement is tailored to my dick, 0 tablets and not a single herb for an entire chapter, so you are straight up lying here
>re6 gunplay
>glorious
Swinging a stick has more punch than the "guns" in 6
>going full autism about playerbase
no shit boy, 6 is more replayable than BD and has the biggest feature bloat in history
it's not eccentric, it is a clusterfuck, one that fails at being consistent with its mechanics
>>
>>344216237
chapter select =/= fresh start, unfinished game lmao
>defending the cover system
so I take it you never played no hope? If you use the cover enemies will pump you full of holes if you peek out
Not using it is the only way to win a firefight without taking damage
>>
The issue with was everything other than Leon's campaign. If the game was just focusing on Leon and his side it would have actually been good. Instead they went ahead and added Chris and Wesker Jr.s COD mode.

Also the story was a joke. The whole Family thing they brought up completely ruined the lore of Resident Evil
>>
>>344216237
Hey not the guy your replying too but I also found the game an absolute chore to get through, I disliked every chapter in leons campaign and Felt frustrated with the aiming. I hate this game. But YOU seem to have found some fun in RE6. So why does a game that, when played with the RE mindset, suck so much ass? Why does this game suck when you play it like previous titles of the series. This mentality shift was not conveyed prperly to me and I have suffered a bad experience because of it.
>>
LEON! SHOOT THAT DY-NA-MITE. what the hell. CAR! SHOOT THAT DY-NA-MITE
>>
>>344212924
It made me realize how much of a hard on laura bailey makes me get after hearing her yelling out in pain as helena
>>
>>344216649
>so I take it you never played no hope? If you use the cover enemies will pump you full of holes if you peek out
Leon never encounters enemies who can actually use guns. You have to adapt your tactics to the enemy you're fighting. If you're fighting enemies with guns, you change tactics. Cover is very useful when fighting the lizards that fire spines at you. Of course you can roll side to side to dodge, but cover also protects you if you're in a jam.

>>344216743
>If the game was just focusing on Leon and his side it would have actually been good. Instead they went ahead and added Chris and Wesker Jr.s COD mode.
How is Jake's campaign like CoD? At all? In Uncharted 2/3, you battle tanks, helicopter gunships, blow up airplanes while you're on the airplane -- shit like that. Why the hell do people compare RE6 to CoD when it's a FUCKING UNCHARTED CLONE THAT SHAMELESSLY COPIES SET PIECES FROM UNCHARTED 2/3!?

The helicopter fight as Chris? Identical, basically, to the helicopter fight in Uncharted 2 with the grenade launcher.

>>344217006
> So why does a game that, when played with the RE mindset, suck so much ass?
Because you shouldn't expect sequels to play like their prequels? Game series are about a story and universe, not gameplay.
>This mentality shift was not conveyed prperly to me and I have suffered a bad experience because of it.
RE6 is one of the most poorly documented games of all time that has an abysmally shit-tier learning curve, granted.
>>
The game's only issues are Chris isn't as good as a protag as Leon, and Leon is still chasing Ada when he has delicious Laura Bailey craving his dick right next to him the entire fucking game.
>>
>>344217509
So basically, cover is just there to hide from ranged damage, thanks for stating the obvious
A good cover system is actually usable in a firefight btw
And you still don't get my point, the game is filled with too much shit to be enjoyable
>ohh here comes THAT part again
>ugh do I really need to do this shit again
>fuck not this shit again
>oh look I have to deal with this bullshit again
Now tell me how much fun you had fighting those psychic helicopters on no hope :]
>>
I liked the combat in uncharted.

what's the issue? it's as good as any other tps.
>>
>>344217509
Alright, so basically if I changed my mindset the game can be fun? Tell us motherfucker. Don't you want to able to say "git gud" in response to somebody's whiny bitching like mine?
>>
>>344218306
You do not want to know the meta for this games campaign
Just play it on normal and bury it (at least 3m underground)
Look up someone playing on no hope properly, you basically memorize the game and avoid damage by rushing in knowing where the enemies are (like rushing and flashing their spawn)
It is the definition of a chore
>>
>>344218085
>>ohh here comes THAT part again
>>ugh do I really need to do this shit again
>>fuck not this shit again
>>oh look I have to deal with this bullshit again
This is how I feel playing RE4, though. RE6 is a game that remains consistently fun. You just lay the smackdown on the zombie/J'avo bitches. RE4, however, goes to shit past the village. And then you realise RE4 has NO VARIETY AT ALL. You do the exact same shit for RE4's entire 20 hour playtime.
>>
>>344218804
No Hope is a bonus difficulty akin to Grounded mode in The Last of Us. It was added post-release. It isn't supposed to be "fun". It's for masochists. In fact, the AI wasn't properly tested with it, so they can fail to protect you during some sequences, such as Leon flying the plane.

Just play the game on professional. It's a tough challenge, but a fair one, in most cases.
>>
I kind of wish I had money on steam to buy this game.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>
>>344219093
>I kind of wish I had money on steam to buy this game.
It goes on sale for chips every now and then. And you buy on PC, be sure to max out the FOV and turn on Auto Action Button to fix the insta-death QTEs.
>>
>>344218882
Lets be real here
I played 6 more than 4, because I can see what could have been
4 has maybe even less replayability than 6, but it is really old so simpler mechanics are a given
6 is never consistently, just when you get into it there is always some bullshit to drop the hammer on you
>>344219056
That's funny, considering professional is too easy to be any fun
>>
>>344219350
Thanks anon. I should probably get it next fall sale.
>>
>>344212924
>The game's so good it should be illegal.

It's really not, it's mediocre as shit. It does nothing significantly better or special that any other modern TPS has done. Why are RE6 fan babies so delusional?
>>
>>344220379
Because 6 has so many features that people start to think about what the game is almost like (if it was actually well made)
>>
>make bait thread
>people respond

wew
>>
File: Lollipop-chainsaw-4.png (1 MB, 1277x716) Image search: [Google]
Lollipop-chainsaw-4.png
1 MB, 1277x716
>>344212924
I agree RE6 bro this is one of the best co op games ever too way better than 5
>>
everytime I try and replay re6 I am forced through the prologue and I uninstall

fucking lmao they were so kind in showing me how 90% of the game would be in the first minute of the game
>>
>>344212924
"Resident Evil 6 is one of the greatest third person shooters of all time," said the faggot.
>>
>>344212924
You should be locked up for confusing your schizophrenia symptoms with shitposting.
>>
>>344221174
The Prologue is nothing like the rest of the game, though? It's not even like the actual section of Leon's campaign it is based on.
>>
>>344221419

>cutscene
>quick time event
>walking
>le exposition
>walking
>quick time event
>quick time event
>cutscene
>exposition
>flashback
>flashforward
>explosions
>explosions
>explosions
>vehicle crashing somewhere
>is nothing like the rest of the game
>>
>>344220379
>It does nothing significantly better or special that any other modern TPS has done.
Name as single TPS "better" than RE6 and I'll tell you why you're wrong.

RE6/Max Payne 3/Vanquish. They form the trifecta of God Tier TPS design. It's hard to say whether MP3 or RE6 is better. RE6 simply has superior player mobility.

RE6's combat is loosely similar to MGS4/MGSV, but it adds in some sweet touches like being able to roll while on the ground and also the beautiful integration of sliding, staying on the ground, and taking cover into a single button.
>>
>>344221654
>RE6's combat is loosely similar to MGS4/MGSV
Did you forget to take your medication today?
>>
>>344221608
None of the RE6 campaigns are particularly QTE heavy. And none of the QTEs are as bad as the bullshit in RE4 and RE5. It's a meme.
>>
>>344221801
re4 and 5 have few qte and they are easy as fuck, don't know what drugs you are taking but 6 has qte's out the fucking ass, and no shortage of grab/tackle attacks to force you into them, have "fun"
>>
I love the movement system and combat in RE6.
The Mercenaries mode is amazing in that game.
>>
>>344212924
Tried playing it again recently, good lord each time you have to enter a door you need your partner. Even for normal doors. Thank God for 7, this series was sinking and fast.
>>
>>344221756
RE6's dodge system and firing from the ground is based on the system from MGS4/5. Most of RE6's design comes from Uncharted 2 and 3, with some God Hand added on top for the hand-to-hand combat, but the actual shooting is heavily MGS influenced. The problem with MGS4/5, though is that once you're on the ground, your mobility is limited. So RE6 takes the basic ideas of MGS4, and adds in side rolling and the ability to instantly regain your footing if knocked down by enemies. (You dodge backwards as you hit the ground, and your character will flip upright.)

It's a very well thought out combat system. Even the fact you're locked into tank controls while sprinting is well thought out because it means that you can quick turn while sliding, by pressing backwards when in a slide, which allow you to shoot enemies in the back.
>>
>>344221965
>6 has qte's out the fucking ass, and no shortage of grab/tackle attacks to force you into them
Wait a minute. Every single RE game since RE1 has had stick waggling QTEs to break free from grabs. Those don't count.
>>
>>344222104
>Tried playing it again recently, good lord each time you have to enter a door you need your partner. Even for normal doors.
This isn't actually true. It's only for the doors connecting areas. And why is this suddenly a problem when Naughty Dog games did the exact same thing? Uncharted and TLOU both have "help me open this door" and "boost me up" every five minutes.
>>
>>344222119
Is this some kind of government IQ test or something? You seem so sincere in your shitposting that I actually wonder if I got onto some kind of FBI honeypot shitlist and mindcontrolled into this turd of a thread. Goddamn.
>>
>>344222456
Who the fuck cares about Naughty Dog games? We're talking about what went wrong with 6, and yes those games have those but it makes sense, just because its double doors doens't mean I need my fucking partner to open one side of it. Game is trash pure and simple. Shit like boost me up has existed since forever, opening basic doors just cause the game has a terrible partner system is retarded, and the AI in Naughty Dog's partners shit all over Resident Evil's sorry excuse.
>>
>>344222480
Why are you denying that RE6 borrows its combat mechanics from Metal Gear Solid 4? It's beyond blatant. RE6 is one of a handful of TPS games that lets you dive to the ground and keep on shooting without getting up.

Next you'll be claiming Phantom Pain never borrowed anything from Red Dead Redemption or Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
>>
>>344222742
>Shit like boost me up has existed since forever, opening basic doors just cause the game has a terrible partner system is retarded, and the AI in Naughty Dog's partners shit all over Resident Evil's sorry excuse.
How is Naughty Dog partner AI superior to RE6's? Explain in meaningful terms.
>>
>>344222324
Except they are ridiculously hard in 6, both the scripted ones and the grab ones, instead of relying on timing they want you to break your fucking controller in half, in 4 and 5 they were trivial, in 6 they are a "serious" gameplay aspect
Did I mention that it is very easy to get locked into a hold and that it basically instantly drains all your health with no way to get it back because there are no health pickups in 6? So much for the best tps lmao
Like, even the most basic zombies prefer jumping 5 meters like a plane just to tackle you from offscreen.
At least you can 1 hit kill bloodshots with a counter but that is just about the only fun thing about that aspect of 6s combat system
>>
>>344222742
>Who the fuck cares about Naughty Dog games?
Because RE6 is an Uncharted clone that uses set pieces from Uncharted 2 and 3? Tank chase, train sequence, underwater sequences, helicopter gunship battle with a grenade launcher, and so on. It's beyond blatant. The fact Uncharted 2 was released in the year RE6 began development, with UC3 being released a year before RE6, and RE6 did not undergo the usual scrap/revise/scrap/revise process of RE games was likely a factor, too.
>>
>>344222456
>w-well Naughty Dog did it so it's okay!

Not an argument, retard.
>>
>>344223158
>Except they are ridiculously hard in 6, both the scripted ones and the grab ones, instead of relying on timing they want you to break your fucking controller in half
You didn't play the game on 360/PS3, did you? The framerate made those versions basically worthless.
>Like, even the most basic zombies prefer jumping 5 meters like a plane just to tackle you from offscreen.
They have a tell. You look for the tell, and hit the counter button as they leap. Alternatively, you just keep dodging sideways. Dogs also have a tell. I think it's barking three times. You gotta remember that RE6 is a character action game, and it follows those rules.
>>
>>344212924
I knew I recognized your tone and sentence structure. Look in the comments, everyone.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/resident-evil-6-review/
>>
>>344223815
Jim Sterling detected.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
Based boss fight.
>>
>>344221654
Lost Planet 2
>>
>>344223890
You first.
>>
>>344223878
No, seriously, go straight to the comments section and look for a guy named Ambient Malice.
>>
>>344223470
Played it on pc, good job avoiding the subject by pointlessly droning about the fps in the console version
I don't think you understand, say you are focusing on a pack of zombies, there is always a few coming from the sides or from behind trying to get cheap (but heavy) damage in
not to mention that dodging has no I-frames so you will do nothing but laugh when you dodge at the last second and the game teleports your character back because your hitbox got barely caught
also most mutations suck dick and have shitty irritating movesets 2/3 of which will almost one shot you (remember, no heals lmao)
and whats the tell for regular zombies? fucking 20 niggers growling and I'm supposed to hear that shit? yeah right
>>
Is this a meme? RE6 is:
>claustrophobicly linear
>flimsy feeling
>has janky as fuck controls
>a boring as fuck story
>terrible program scripting
And much much more garbage
>>
>>344223815
"This game is bad because it's not like Gears of War: The Review".

>>344224000
>Lost Planet 2
That is actually a good suggestion, anon. Lost Planet is very good indeed. Although it does get a bit repetitive. I won't say you're wrong.
>>
>>344224000
Deserved trips, there's a pretty game, exquisite.
Unlike the turd being currently discussed
>>
>>344224128
>"This game is bad because it's not like Gears of War: The Review".
Can you read? I asked people to look in the comments, I couldn't care less for Jim Sterling.
>>
OP needs to realize that RE6 being trash is a fucking meme. None of the resident evil games are bad.
>>
>>344224110
>>claustrophobicly linear
It's very similar to The Evil Within. The RE games were always linear. They just had shitloads of backtracking because of technical limitations. TEW reflects how the series was meant to be, with almost no backtracking and constant linear progression.
>>flimsy feeling
That is actually a pretty good point. RE6 is a strange game in that it feels kinda "thin" in places. Like you're fighting on a movie set.
>>has janky as fuck controls
They're pretty good, though?
>>
>>344224518
>None of the resident evil games are bad.
I think the closest the series has ever gotten to being "bad" is Operation Racoon City simply because that game lacks the basic quality control of Capcom's titles. (We're not counting Game.com shit, of course) Capcom have traditionally tried to ensure the RE brand gets at least passable titles. ORC isn't without merit, but the game is really wonky.
>>
>>344224549
Being like The Evil Within is not a plus, that's also an awful TPS.

The controls are awful.

None of these things lend to it being a good TPS, but rather a bad TPS.
>>
>>344224786
The Evil Within shits all over 6 though.
>>
>>344225136
>The Evil Within shits all over 6 though.
They're like sister games. TEW is clearly influenced by RE6. (Hi there, room full of evil robot roombas. Hi there, crank turning QTEs. Hi there, slow walking section. Hi there, sequence where you run towards the camera while the monster chases you.)

TEW is more solidly made, but RE6 is more fun. The actual combat and character handling in TEW is lacklustre.
>>
File: BundleOfSticks.jpg (29 KB, 646x173) Image search: [Google]
BundleOfSticks.jpg
29 KB, 646x173
>>344212924
Not unhealthy at all, move along :^)
>>
>>344224029
Cute, but I'll let that slide. What's yours, then?
>>
>>344224000
>got one of my friends to play coop with me
>him and I have a blast
>try to get two others to play 4 player
>can't even hold the game with 4 people without the other crapping out

Fucking GFWL. But, yes this game is stellar in every way possible.
>>
File: BundleOfSticks2.jpg (52 KB, 443x385) Image search: [Google]
BundleOfSticks2.jpg
52 KB, 443x385
More OP's opinions.
>>
File: BundleOfSticks3.jpg (13 KB, 444x77) Image search: [Google]
BundleOfSticks3.jpg
13 KB, 444x77
Now I'm sure :^)
>>
File: BundleOfSticks4.jpg (20 KB, 426x115) Image search: [Google]
BundleOfSticks4.jpg
20 KB, 426x115
Good movie taste, OP.
>>
File: Choices_in_Black_Ops_II.png (99 KB, 1494x6464) Image search: [Google]
Choices_in_Black_Ops_II.png
99 KB, 1494x6464
>>344226221
I'm pretty sure Black Ops II was the first CoD game where you were faced with choices that mattered. It got quite a bit of praise for it.

I remember a few people noting the fact Hardline is a pretty decent stealth game. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-hardline-is-a-self-aware-stealth-game/1100-6423764/
>>
File: 376434218.jpg (37 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
376434218.jpg
37 KB, 500x313
>uncharted clone
>good

go fuck yourself
>>
>>344225345
>The actual combat and character handling in TEW is lacklustre.

I disagree, the guns in that game feel so good and you can feel the impact when you pull the trigger. RE still has yet to be that good, the movement is better in 6 but the feeling of shooting something is amazing in TEW.
>>
>>344224110
Didn't RE6 have a fucking wayfinder if you wanted to use the HUD?

RE6 still ain't got shit on SotD, Vanquish, or TEW.
>>
>>344226657
But by no means "revolutionary" and "bold", unless you don't read books and have incredibly low standards in regards to media you consume.
>>
>>344226997
The list of linear FPS/TPS games with Black Ops 2-style choice and consequence is fairly short, anon. Even games like Deus Ex boiled down to "press one of three buttons" at the end of the day.
>>
>>344226997
Nothing RE4 did was fresh\original\innovative in the TPS genre. But it was a daring move for the Resident Evil series. I think you're confusing genre innovation with series innovation.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.