[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yfw nintendo reveals the nx and it's exactly like the wiiu.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Pauly-D-1-300x280.jpg (19 KB, 300x280) Image search: [Google]
Pauly-D-1-300x280.jpg
19 KB, 300x280
Yfw nintendo reveals the nx and it's exactly like the wiiu. The "hybrid console" is a tablet controller that acts as both a controller and a portable game system, it's underpowered and has no 3rd part support.
dead
on
arrival
>>
If it has a strong launch lineup (BotW at launch is a great start), and decent marketing it could be a decent success.
>>
Is it really going to have a fucking tablet controller does anyone know?
>>
Honestly, though, I expect the NX to be mobile-related, most likely by means of (optionally) allowing users to use their phones as controllers or gamestreaming.

I mean think about it, the Wii U gamepad had several features phones have already (touchscreen, NFC, camera/mic), and with Nintendo releasing a few mobile games it'd make a lot of sense to me for them to try to integrate mobile phones as either an (optional) way of using a touchscreen, or potentially a way to stream games to your phone and play them on the go, most likely with a peripheral that clips on the phone for physical buttons.

If this does happen, I don't know if I'd be all for it or against it, I guess it'd depend how it's done.
>>
>>344201219
Unlikely based on how poorly the Wii U has done and what the Zelda guy said about it. Something about comparing it to having a GPS in your lap instead of your dashboard.
>>
>>344201219
Know 1 knows yet u fckin retaerd
>>
>>344201849
Off-TV play was a great feature, so they might consider it for that alone.
>>
who cares.

get a life, nerd.
>>
>>344202067
I doubt they'll waste precious BoM on a mediocre tablet device

What they should do is implement something like remote play but do it properly so there's less input lag, and don't lock it to Vita / Xperia exclusively. Anyone with an iOS or Android device could use that screen as their NX display.
>>
>>344202682
I agree, that's why I suspect >>344201627 will happen
>>
>>344203324
I think there's a good chance

Remote play on PS4 via the Xperia phones is okay but with more modern encoding hardware could work a lot better. Why make the customer buy all that hardware when they already own it in the iPhone / Android phone anyway? They could then invest more heavily into the actual part of the console that matters.
>>
>>344199973
>it's underpowered and has no 3rd part support.

It's basically guaranteed it won't have any 3rd party support. The past 2 generations for Nintendo always had that drought that it's become a signature for its consoles.
>>
>>344203738
Exactly, plus it could potentially mean backwards compatibility with Wii U or even DS/3DS on virtual console with the phone used as a controller.

Any modern phone has NFC support so amiibos would be fine, too.
>>
>>344199973
good i hope man-childs weeaboo gamers will finaly die
>>
File: 1467780701895.png (168 KB, 332x358) Image search: [Google]
1467780701895.png
168 KB, 332x358
>>344199973
>>344203887
NX will actually probably sell even worse than the Wii U and Nintendo will further fuck themselves over. NX could very well be their last console they ever make. I can easily see them going mobile after that, it's clear that even they're thinking about it.
Really sad to see Nintendo in this state. They used to be far better.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.