[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civilization VI - First Look: Egypt https://www.youtube.com/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: first look egypt.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
first look egypt.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
Civilization VI - First Look: Egypt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlWRx6vJNvw

Unique Ability: Iteru - Egypt builds Districts and Wonders faster when they're bordering a river.

Leader Ability: Cleopatra's external trade routes going out generate more Gold. Foreign trade routes to Cleopatra generate more Gold for her and more Food for the trading Civ.

Unique Unit: Maryannu Chariot Archer - Receives a bonus Movement when starting a turn on open terrain
(Movement: 4; Melee Strength: 23; Ranged Strength: 33; Attack Range: 2)

Unique Improvement: Sphinx - yields +1 Faith, +1 Culture. Gains bonuses for being adjacent to Wonders.

A.I. Leader Agenda: Queen of the Nile - Cleopatra likes Civs with a strong military, and greatly dislikes Civs with a weak military.

(Iteru means "river" and more specificially is how Egyptians generally referred to the Nile)
>>
File: first look england.webm (978 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
first look england.webm
978 KB, 1280x720
First Look: England
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY44PrLpKTQ

Unique Ability: British Museum - Archaeological Museums have extra Artifact slots, and each Museum gives more Archaeologists.

Unique Unit: Sea Dog - can capture enemy ships.
(Movement: 4; Melee Strength: 40; Ranged Strength: 50; Attack Range: 2)

Unique Unit: Redcoat - gains bonus strength when fighting on a Continent separate from the Capital, doesn't use Movement to disembark.

Unique District: Royal Navy Dockyard - naval units built here have bonus Movement, Dockyards on other Continents generate bonus Gold. +Great Admiral Points.

(Leader Bonus wasn't specified; Redcoats might be part of it, since they were active in Victoria's time)

(A.I. Leader Agenda hasn't been revealed yet, either.)
>>
File: first look america.webm (832 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
first look america.webm
832 KB, 1280x720
First Look: America
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXE1lskzOV0

Unique Ability: Founding Fathers - America requires less time to earn Government legacy bonuses.

Leader Ability: Roosevelt's National Parks have a Tourism bonus, his units gain bonus strength fighting on the same Continent as the Capital, and Teddy has an extra
Unique Unit: Rough Rider - gains Defensive bonus in Hills, earns Culture from kills on the same Continent as the Capital, and has a reduced maintenance cost.

Unique Unit: P-51 Mustang - has extra Range and gains bonus strength when fighting other Fighter aircraft.

Unique Building: Film Studio - generates bonus Tourism starting in the Modern Age.

A.I. Leader Agenda: Big Stick - Theodore dislikes Civs that start wars or bully City-States on the same Continent as his Capital.

(Government legacy bonuses are for remaining in the same Government without switching for a set period of time - this is just the Government itself, you can still swap Policies as you please.)
>>
File: 1458762204843.gif (2 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1458762204843.gif
2 MB, 260x260
>>344192880
>egypt girl looks at my dick at the end
>>
File: leaders.jpg (561 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
leaders.jpg
561 KB, 3840x2160
Civs definitely known:

China: Qin Shihuangdi

Unique (Leader?) Ability: Builders have +1 charge, can be used to rush Ancient and Classical Wonders.

Unique Improvement: Great Wall - built piece by piece on cultural borders with Builders.

A.I. Leader Agenda: Qin Shihuangdi desires the most Wonders and dislikes Civs with more Wonders than he has.

Japan: Hojo Tokimune

Unique Unit: Samurai

A.I. Leader Agenda: Tokimune likes Civs with a strong military IF they also have strong Faith and/or Culture production.
>>
File: units.jpg (606 KB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
units.jpg
606 KB, 2160x3840
Spain

Unique Unit: Conquistador

India

Unique Unit: War Elephant

18 Civs confirmed for launch, that's 7 of them.

Civs that have been in every vanilla game that have not yet been shown - The Aztec Empire, France, Germany, Greece, Rome, Russia

That accounts for 13/18 Civs. Africa is likely to have at least one more representative besides Egypt, the Americas are likely to have at least one more representative as well. Persia's been in every vanilla game since 2, Arabia and the Ottoman Empire have been in vanilla since 4. At least one of the three is likely to make it in - that'd account for a minimum of 16/18 Civs.

Thoughts on next week's First Look - they've shown Civs from America, Europe, and Africa thus far, so Asia may be due; China and Japan seem to be fairly developed already.

On the other hand, next Thursday is Bastille Day, which would be a nice time to feature France.
>>
>>344193078
How do they define 'same continent'?

Like, what if he starts off on a small island off of the continent?
>>
>>344192919
She literally literally has a Disney character face
>>
File: clay women.png (593 KB, 598x648) Image search: [Google]
clay women.png
593 KB, 598x648
I'm not sure if I like how they look to be honest but it's a minor complaint.
>>
>>344193345
Some water tiles have been shown to be considered part of a "Continent" so it's apparently broken down into parts somehow.
>>
>>344193345
What if it's Pangaea?
>>
What's up with animations and even actors these days going so overboard with their facial expressions? It's so over the top.
>>
>>344193345

in civ 5 a continent is defined as the island they're on, no matter how large it is. so yes, if washington is built on a tiny island its hard to make use of your shit
>>
I'm extremely interested in AI leader agendas
>>
Did they fix or plan to fix the fact that each city is its own isolated little thing and can't send it's food or production to other cities?
>>
>>344193830
I couldn't tell you about food or production specifically, but Builders are now a limited use unit with charges that instantly build improvements, so you can essentially transfer production between cities by making Builders in a high-production city and popping them to develop a smaller city's tiles.

Trade routes move food according to Cleopatra's ability, so it might be like Civ V's internal routes again that just add food and production to a city.
>>
>>344193791
i wonder what vicky's is
a city on every continent?
>>
>>344193587
Thanks Dreamworks.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.