[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a RPG game where NPC's actually treat you according
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 456351435354.png (113 KB, 695x820) Image search: [Google]
456351435354.png
113 KB, 695x820
Is there a RPG game where NPC's actually treat you according to your status and archievements?
Not just when you like ruined your reputation through stealing or something, I'm talking about walking through a town in the shiniest armor, wielding the biggest sword and you basically saved the universe but then some faggot passes you and says "get out of my way, asshole!".
>>
In Gothic and Gothic 2 people treat you different based on the faction you join.

Go firemage and everyone worships you.
>>
>>344156141
Mountain Blade Warband. Some mods make pretty large changes to NPC reactions based on your renown/honor level.

In CK2 (not really an RPG) if your character has high fighting and martial, sometimes if you declare war on another kingdom they'll surrender before any blood is spilled if you greatly outnumber them. Similarly if you challenge people to a duel who you're much stronger than they'll run away into hiding because they're scared of being killed.

Also Dorf Fort adventure mode has a system like what you mentioned, but it's buggy as fuck and even when you go around telling everyone how you killed 10 titans and destroyed an entire kingdom by yourself they're kind of reluctant to give a fuck. They tell other people about it and everyone is given knowledge of it, with your character going down in the annals of history but it doesn't really change how people will react to your demands/questions etc.
>>
>>344156141
Morrowind
>>
Hide your women, here comes the witcher.
>>
>>344156405
>>344156471
>>344156572
>>344156610
>western RPG
Please no.
>>
>>344156686
CDProjektred is in middle, not west. Europe doesn't count as west.
>>
>>344156686
>Doesn't specify they specifically want JRPGs in the OP
>Get mad when people suggest WRPGs and CRPGs
>Be a retarded faggot

Kill yourself.

Also Age of Decadence is a good one. Whatever background and skills you chose have a huge fucking impact on how the game plays out, with a ton of replayability. The things you do throughout the game also make you more well known to NPCs etc. For example if you're the grand champion of the arena and have dozens of kills, if you try intimidating someone you are more likely to succeed.
>>
>>344156405
Not so much in Gothic. Diggers won't like you too much if you become a Shadow/Guard, but even that only results in the "For Gomez, yeah, yeah" greeting and that's it. Sect Camp hardly even notices you are not one of them.

But yeah, Gothic 2 is a good example.
>>
>>344157061
That's not OP, I'm OP. And I don't care for gookmedia.

I'm gonna have a look at all the suggestions, thanks guys!
>>
>>344156686
>animu fagotron
japanese couldn't make a good rpg to save them from nuclear bombs
>>
>>344157443
You're a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>344157613
UUUU
>>
>>344156818
>Europe doesn't count as west.
what the fuck
>>
>>344156141

Fable :^)
>>
Oblivion, I guess.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.