[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
revolver ocelot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Revolver Ocelot.jpg (69 KB, 848x797) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Ocelot.jpg
69 KB, 848x797
How did they fuck him up?

Pic related
>>
by having him in more than one game
>>
>>344045753
thiss.
>>
File: 1281382336751.png (8 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1281382336751.png
8 KB, 493x402
>>344045753
Nah, it was improper use of him that caused a decline.

For example, him being in MGS1 is what shows us the character, right? And he's baller as fuck.

then 2 shows us how, when left to his own devices, he again seeks to be a second in command role, and steer the ship behind the scenes, still being a cheeky cunt.

Then 3 roles around, and he's still as quirky as ever, even as a younger man. And by revelations at the end, we see he's STILL playing a double/triple agent. Its all very much on form.

Then fucking 4 happens (PO not canon, fuck off)
He's shown to be "possessed for real" by Liquid, but then not, but then nano-machines, and now he's the leader, not a second in command, but even now he's a leader he's still doing double agent shit and oh fuck me

I can't do it. I can't even begin to describe how fucking badly 4 takes a shit on everyone's character, Ocelot got hit hard.

When we see him in Phantom Pain, they had to mellow him the fuck out to recover from his "LOL SO RANDOM" shit in 4, and we're not even wise to it until we realize Phantom Pain ALSO took a shit on everyone's characters but was FAR more subtle about it.

So yeah, Ocelot was great in 1, good in 2, great in 3, and its all downhill from there.
In 4 he was "too much" and in PP he was hardly fucking there, and when he was, nigga was half asleep.
>>
>>344048382
I think he's great in MGSV, they didn't force him into more story than he needed to be in. We already had something of an idea what he was doing at that time
>>
Miller was the underrated character. I'll never forget,
>Get the fuck out of there!
>>
File: 1281382446560.jpg (47 KB, 419x333) Image search: [Google]
1281382446560.jpg
47 KB, 419x333
>>344048595
He's half asleep most the time.

I mean its great they show him teaching that recruit, and quoting what Boss said in MGS3. It shows a lot of depth to the character, and that he's a person with memories, and wants to pass them on (which is a theme of MGS2, funny enough).

But he has literally no other good scenes, other than just arguing with Kaz for script sake, not character sake. He even goes out of his way to argue with Miller when all his character says he would make another choice.

Example, The choice to kill Quiet. Do you HONESTLY want to tell me that Revolver fucking Ocelot would want to keep an enemy operative who tried to kill his idol Big Boss ALIVE?

I mean for FUCK SAKE.
>>
>>344048382
I'm glad they made Raiden better. Now I actually give half a rat's ass about his story
>>
>>344048382
You're the video game equivalent of a speed reader.
>>
>>344048950
>Example, The choice to kill Quiet. Do you HONESTLY want to tell me that Revolver fucking Ocelot would want to keep an enemy operative who tried to kill his idol Big Boss ALIVE?

1. he knows Venom isn't Big Boss
2. he's given up on "the legend" at that point because he had his fall in PW
3. he'd just blame it on Kaz who he hates more than anyone else in the world
>>
File: 1281382029108.png (11 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1281382029108.png
11 KB, 429x410
>>344049313
>1. he knows Venom isn't Big Boss

He hypnotized himself to believe it, remember? The truth tapes.

He legit thought that was Big Boss.

>2. he's given up on "the legend" at that point because he had his fall in PW

We don't hear or see that, it could be very up for interpretation. When Big Boss "dies" he spends the rest of his life trying to recover his body, don't he?

>Ey Liqud, demand Big Boss's remains lol
>Ey Solidus, perfect clone of Big Boss who I chose to work for, get Big Boss's remains lol
>OK I RUN SHIT NOW, I WANT BIG BOSS'S REMAINS

He loved him, no homo.

3 is a good point, he seemed to actively dislike him. Fair point m8.
>>
>>344049616
he literally says he used to be in love with the legend in a very cold and direct tone

also 4 isn't canon
>>
File: 1295602705327.png (10 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1295602705327.png
10 KB, 493x402
>>344049835
>also 4 isn't canon

I like the way you think.
>>
>>344048382
>So yeah, Ocelot was great in 1, good in 2, great in 3, and its all downhill from there.
MGS was great in 1, good in 2, great in 3, and its all downhill from there.

even if i absolutely love MGS4, it's ultimate form of fanservice
and even if i absolutely love MGS GZ/TPP gameplay, i can't even think about a way to make it better
>>
>>344050420
>i can't even think about a way to make it better

Properly using the open world?
>>
>>344045471
>file names
>>
>>344050653
like what, you want arma3-like gameplay where you have to read maps and plan shit? meh. MGSV was perfectly open, every location had many ways of approach (or exploiting it), but it was still kept in fun and easy arcade-ish manner where one can easily find the way.
>>
>>344049835
>he literally says he used to be in love with the legend
I think he was talking out his ass here. Ocelot was thirsty for BB's tsuchinoko before he even had a legend to fall in love with.
>>
>>344051832
I think he really was feeling that, the boss he knew was dead. Ended up being Ocelot that was the only one who actually following The Boss' will in MGS4
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.