[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst ports in the history of video-games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Batman_Arkham_Knight-coverart.jpg (147 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Arkham_Knight-coverart.jpg
147 KB, 960x960
I know only of a few, but Batman AK comes to mind, given how fucked up it was that they actually pulled it from sales and even now it doesn't work well after numerous patches and attempts to fix it.
>>
>>344041545
Saints Row 2. The game has data streaming problems, like arkham knight and gta4, but they also managed to fuck up the audio quality. While the game can operate at upwards of 100FPS, the cut scenes break when they play above 60. They didn't even bother bringing the DLC over, it was a literal dump and forget.

Anything by Rockstar. From tying logic to framerate to making games CPU dependant to cutting features, they've done it all because they made the bulk of their money on consoles, while PC is an afterthought. This is why bad ports happen all the time. Not because of difficulty or anything, its simply not worth the time.

Black Ops 3. Just like Arkham Knight, it was also another GREATNESS AWAITS multiplat that was biased towards the PS4, and just like AK, it is (or was) really hungry for RAM, needing upwards of 16GB system 6GB when running at 1080. However, the game also has performance issues even on consoles, so the game as a whole might be broken.

Anything by the Japanese, specifically Koei Tecmo and Square. Often capped at 30FPS because of 1980s programming habbits of tying logic to framerate, and many of them have stability issues because no one in Japan knows how computers work. Not to mention how they're almost exclusively released years after the console versions. VC might be a good port, but the fact it was ported 6 years later, the PS4 got a superior version, and is also getting an exclusive sequel should be marks against it.
>>
>>344041545
The original PC RE4.
>>
>>344042729

Speaking of Japs, I remember DMC 3 was a spectacularly lousy port, but DMC 4 was a fucking master-piece. What gives?
>>
Halo 2 deserves a mention. It being a Vista exclusive is just icing on the cake.

>>344042729
To be fair, Rockstar has improved immensely from the train wreck that was GTA4. Max Payne 3 in particular was pretty much a perfect port.
>>
>>344042935
DMC4 was built on MTFramework, an engine built specifically for cross platform development. Capcom couldn't be added to develop exclusively for the PS3, so they made an engine to target all relevant platforms. You can thank the 360 for curbstomping the PS3 in the early years for the larger Japanese pubs to go multiplatform, including PC. If the PS3 was another PS2, there wouldn't even be PC versions because why make games for other, less relevant platforms?

DMC3 was handled by a Japanese company called SourceNext, and published by Ubisoft. SourceNext did quite a few Japanese ports, like the other Capcom games and G-Darius. SourceNext was basically a hybrid of US Gold and Valve in that they bought the rights to port games and capitalize on them, and had a distribution system in Japan.
>>
>>344041545
It was badly optimized, maybe. But it wasnt that bad of a port. Everything was fixed during the first week.

Then it was full 60 fps for people with good machines. I never crashed a single time and I maxed it out at 1080/60 fps with just a shitty 290x.

It was removed because people with mid and low tier builds couldnt run it. The rest who had a high end pc got a better experience than on consoles.

FFXIII was also a bad port but then was fixed 1 day later by durante, 2 weeks later by SE.

Dark Souls is bad but Durante salvaged it.

>>344042729
GTAV was a great port and escalated godly in different setups

PS4 version of VC is literally the same as the pc one just with shittier resolution.

The new VC will come to pc anyways. The steam port was literally what reignited the franchise.
>>
>>344043891
>Sega
>caring for PC

The new VC will be ported years later, and that still doesn't change the fact that Sega's main money makers, Miku, Yakuza, and Sonic, are console exclusive. Only shitty rehashed RTSes and ports come to PC, nothing else.
>>
>>344043836

Cheers for that.

Where can you usually find information like that online? About ports and such. You seem to know quite a bit about them.

>>344043891

>Everything was fixed during the first week.

Hell no.

I literally played it yesterday and it still stutters and crashes like crazy. Granted, the crashes were non-existent before the airship part, but there, it seemed to happen every half an hour or so.

My PC may not be top of the line, but it's not outdated at all, and I can run Witcher 3 at max settings, barring Nvidia stuff, and still have a solid 50-60 FPS, with it rarely dipping below that.

>Dark Souls is bad but Durante salvaged it.

I don't take issue with Dark Souls, though naturally it still is a bad port on its own, because the devs were completely honest with the PC audience from the start: "We have no idea what we're doing, so you're just going to get the 1:1 copy of the 360 version."
>>
>>344041545
Not trying to be a shitter, but I waited until after the patches to play AK and never had any issues. 60fps and bug free. I did get a bit bored of the game though.
>>
>>344044258
I honestly don't know, I do know GDRI and the games fan wiki sites have that info. SourxeNext was a rather prolific Japanese PC company, I wonder if they're still around.

How much RAM and VRAM does your PC have? The game has problems if you have 8GB or less, but works fine with more. You need at least 3GB for VRAM to play smoothly as well, 2GB for everything set to low.
>>
AK is fixed already. MKX had some issues too, apparently, and they were also fixed. However, WB Games doesn't want to release GGPO netplay and Kombat Pack 2 on PC.
>>
>>344044762

Yeah, I have 8GB standard and 2GB on the card.

And I was running the game on lowest settings, so it's not like I'm bitching here about not being able to run on high or max settings.
>>
>>344045217
Yep, you need more system RAM. That's the game's main issue. Alternatively, you could try the Batman tweak tool, that might help.
>>
>>344045550

Nah, I'm done for now trying to play the game.

I'll probably give it another shot when I get more RAM and a better GPU.
>>
How did they fuck up Batman AK so badly?
What caused this mess?
>>
it actually played fine for me when it first came out, I thought it was a great game and then I talked to my friends about it and every single one was getting fucked up the ass by it, holy shit
>>
>>344042878
This and the PS2 version. Couldn't even do in game cutscenes.
>>
>>344045771

They outsourced the port to some LITERALLY WHO devs.

No idea what Rocksteady was working on at the time.
>>
>>344042729
>Saints Row 2

fuck off, it was ported by cd project red which is mainly a pc dev, i had no issues
>>
File: ogpEnRV.jpg (139 KB, 557x595) Image search: [Google]
ogpEnRV.jpg
139 KB, 557x595
>>344047059
So I looked into the complaints, and basically found out that besides the bugs... it all came down to a 30 fps. That's it... PC gamers are so entitled. Batman is one of the best looking open world games ever and people somehow think their PC is up for it?
>>
>>344047630

>beside the bugs

What?

The game stuttered like crazy.

The rain effect was entirely missing from the game.

The game crashed whenever it felt like.

30fps was the least of its problems.

I mean, even the publishers acknowledged how fucking bad it was when they pulled it from sales and even said "Give everyone a refund if they want it" even months later when the re-released it.
>>
>>344047059
They were working on PS4 DLC. I'm not shitting you.
>>
>>344041545
Arkham Knight runs really nice on my PS4 and looks more than good, while PCucks get 10fps because their platform is shit. I am in tears here, lmao. How about you losers sign a petition?
>>
>>344047921

>They were working on PS4 DLC. I'm not shitting you.

God damn, that's just pathetic.

>>344047946

>being happy that a company sells a faulty product

Take your console flamewar bullshit out of my thread.
>>
>>344048203
>a faulty product
to you, not to me, or at least to the PCucks lmao

Call me a troll all you want moralfaggot I'll be enjoying games on my ps4 that JUST WORK
>>
>>344048203
>game runs best on PS4
>developers were working on PS4 content

Nothing to see here, goy.
>>
>>344043891
>The steam port was literally what reignited the franchise.

Is that why its only coming to the PS4? SNK did something similar, saying that the Steam ports of their games are what kept them afloat, yet where is KoF 14 heading? Not to PC. Japan doesn't care about PC as a platform, to them nothing but the PlayStation exists. Money is money, but PlayStation is their lifeblood.
>>
>>344047601
Uhh, no. Just take a look at forums to see how many are having serious timing issues with it.
>>
>>344048380
the point is to make it subtle, you retard. going full autism with your b8 just makes it a waste of time
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1500x1500
>>344047946
>>344048380
>Arkham Knight is the worst PC port ever
>it still goes toe to toe with the PS4 version on fucking BUDGET HARDWARE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzvjjdXzyVs
>>
>>344041545
quit your bitching, i played it without any trouble
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.