[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we agree this is best game of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13
OK, I'm an old fag (34) and new to video games in the sense that last game I play was NHL '94 for Sega Genesis 15+ years ago.

Insist on owning a Mac, bc..well, my entire office has one (work in law) and don't even want the temptation of a PC that plays video games .

Abou 2 months ago, finally felt like I was stable enough to buy the 4k, 70+ inch, OLED TV I've always wanted, along with a PS4 bc heard it's better for just GAMES, fucking microsoft trying to sell you everything they can squeeze from you in one system.

Now, fully realize I have no idea the giants this game is standing on the shoulders of, but I can say-- having literally not played an adventure-type video game since Zelda-- it truly seems unfucking real how far they've come. Maybe VR is already ahead in some aspects, but waiting for new microsoft machine in 1.5 years.

In last few months, have put in at least 500 hours with in (inb4 lose my job and lose everything, not that far yet). BTW, TV price are way down, anyone here making a semi-normal income could have the same TV I have, not here to gloat, shit even if you are NEET, cut back on food for a few moths and buy one at COSTCO

The game just seems...perfect. How could any human beings have spent this much time and attention to detail...each time I think there couldn't be anything new to surprise me, there is something new.
Didn't especially like the "wise brown man from the East, meant to represent some combo on Indians and Muslims...or the gay guy, or the dwarf with he wife is real master armorer...we get it, you "tow the party line of Glorious USSA."

Anyway, just got the 3 part "uncharted" francis drake edition. Am I going to be disappointed, or is it anything like Witcher 3? Are there better games out there (is skyrim as good as I hear, or is it just something witcher took best parts of?) I just missed and happened to ju.st stu.mble upon this? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
>>
terraria is the best game of all time. witcher is ok but not great
>>
>>344022173
terraria? thanks mate, let me look it up...
>>
>>344022173
Mate that looks like Supermario 3 played on an emulator. Is that just a personal thing you have an attachment to?

If you have witcher 3, go through all the different boards...shit, just walk down a street in "France." You
ll never hear same comments first. That studio (Project Red?) is amazing, next name is a futuristic game involving police, I wish they'd stick to what they know and have proventhey do well.

My POV might be skewed because have never played a PC game, but really looking forward to microsoft console (even though I hate them) that scorpio that will have playsnle blurs content. Of mcrodoft cdc
>>
>OK, I'm an old fag
would you retards stay on /b/ for fucks sake
>>
>>344024327
hey dude check out this cool wikipedia article
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag
>>
im pretty sure OP is just sam hyde shitposting with an out of touch dad character or some shit

im also pretty sure he's the same guy that made this horrible thread yesterday
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/343888283/
>>
File: interactive world 6.webm (3 MB, 1182x650) Image search: [Google]
interactive world 6.webm
3 MB, 1182x650
>>344022000
I loved it but it's overhyped as fuck with your post being a great example.

It's unpolished as fuck, probably the most unpolished game I've played in my life, makes Ubisoft games look polished. The world also isn't interactive at all and incredibly generic and way too realistic. It's like they forgot Witcher is a fantasy universe at some point. Witcher 1 hat druid forests, those gnomes etc. Witcher 3 just has generic, realistic field.

There basically is no gameplay except awful, awful combat.

Imo, it's not even the best game of its year, that's MH4U.
>>
>>344022000
>The game just seems...perfect. How could any human beings have spent this much time and attention to detail...each time I think there couldn't be anything new to surprise me, there is something new.
Are you retarded? Literally nothing in this game is remotely perfect.
>>
>>344026204
It's like Snoop Dogg is getting his smoke on in every scene with that disgusting fog effect
>>
>reddit tier blog post
>can't write for shit
>hurr odlfag

why are polish people the scum of the earth? pls mate stick to cleaning toilets and stop shiling your national treasure game'
>>
>>344026204
Is it any coincidence that Anti-Witcher 3 shitposters all seem to be Nintendo fans?
Owners of the only platform that didn't get the game?
>>
Nothing about your speech patterns tells me you're from anywhere from here.

>oldfag
>literally
>unfucking real

You're not a 34 year-old working in law. You're a shitposter trying to stir up console war shit.
>>
>>344022000
man i wish i shared your optimism for gaming...
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2924x4094) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2924x4094
Get Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, and The Last of Us. Three of the best games available on PS4. Steep learning curves for DS and BBC but they're not as hard as people make them out to be. GTA V, Dishonored, and Far Cry 4 are also good casual games. If you've gotten hundreds of hours in Witcher 3 you'll be able to squeeze a lot out of all of these games too.
>>
>>344026890
Why are those mirrors even there in the first place?
>>
>>344027242
so you can see her underpants
>>
>>344022000

cool blog
>>
If you're this wide eyed and innocent about video games then stay the hell off of this board. They will ruin it for you. Uncharted is pretty much shit but it's good for casual playing. If you like it then check out the Tomb Raider games. They do it much better.
>>
>witcher 3
>best game of all time
>doesn't win Game of the Year

Yeah ok.
>>
>>344022000
>4k, 70+ inch, OLED TV I've always wanted, along with a PS4 bc heard it's better for just GAMES

you put in all the time to write this text just to sneak in this weak bait?
>>
Nice blog faggot
>>
sorry, but open world games made after 2012 are automatically trash
>>
>>344025553
does sam hyde actually post here?
>>
>best game of all time
I'll ignore your blogbost because I don't give a fuck why do you think it's the best game of all time. I'll give you reasons why it isn't.

>shit sidequest design, game treats the player like a retarded 12yo
>bosses so bad that moeshit JRPGs with weebtard visual design and turn based gameplay somehow manage to have more interesting boss encounters
>game shits on you with exposition yet 50% of its jokes imply that you've read the books
>polish VA is absolutely terrible
>gameplay is extremely mediocre, AI is bad. changing the game to death march doesn't do shit, dodges and attacks are just as stiff
>millions of bugs
>facebook/youtube tier humor

Still a pretty good game, tie with Bloodborne when it comes to my pesonal GOTY.
>>
File: nigs.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
nigs.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>344022000
Of course it is. Hating good things is cool nowdays (i.e. White people, Witcher, Capitalism).
Two dubs and trips in OP confirm it.
>>
File: 1461994660448.png (499 KB, 510x511) Image search: [Google]
1461994660448.png
499 KB, 510x511
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-06-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-game-of-the-year-edition-spotted

It's that time again
>>
>>344033050
>can't prove that such a good game is good without using some retarded /pol/ agenda or "IT'S JUST /v/ BEING CONTRARIAN REEEE"

retarded screenshotposter
>>
File: goty awards matter.png (2 MB, 1041x1170) Image search: [Google]
goty awards matter.png
2 MB, 1041x1170
>>344033238
>>
File: 1467366699197.webm (3 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
1467366699197.webm
3 MB, 1280x536
>>344026204
>Not polished
200h+ content, NPC's with 3x day cycle scripts of Elder Scrolls game, open world that shits on every other game,tons of cool random world events, 36 endings, decisions actually affect the game.
And its made by Polish you fucking negro.
>>
>>344026204
>W3
>not polished
I am convinced this is a retarded falseflag because W3 is easily the most polished game released in the last decade
>>
>>344022000
Poop Jokes: The Game
>>
File: 1462892244397.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1462892244397.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>344033376
>>
>>344022000
>Insist on owning a Mac
Stopped reading right there.
>>
File: mfw.png (349 KB, 457x610) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
349 KB, 457x610
>>344033242
Can't prove the game is bad other then 4-5 webms of 1.0 game showing animation glitch.
260+ awards, top people in vidya buisness saying it redefine RPG standards.
It has:
Good combat
Good Story
Great characters
Great Polish VA/ Good English VA
Great Soundtrack
Great Graphics
Mod support
Annouced Massive Mod Tools
+20h Storywise DLC's'

Stay mad pleb while we play this masterpiece
>>
>>344033668
What decisions effect the game?
>>
>>344033668
>200h+ content
Tell me where, even visiting all the ? spots takes less than 120hours

>NPC's with 3x day cycle scripts of Elder Scrolls game
At least people in TES try to avoid you when you stay on your horse in the middle of a fucking street

>tons of cool random world events
>tons
To be honest after one hour of running around Novigrad I can't find shit

Also fighting the same guy four times isn't cool

>36 endings
Can't wait to see them, what are the differences between them?

>decisions actually affect the game
Too bad some of the quests feature decisions like
>continue the quest
>WEW IT'S NOT MY BUSINESS [drop the quest]

So fucking cool

>And its made by Polish you fucking negro.
Jestem Polakiem i chuj ci w dupę, it doesn't matter who made this game.
>>
>>344022000
>The game just seems...perfect.

Seems. But under the hood the combat system is pretty meh and boring.

It's okay though, I'm enjoying it, but the controls and the fight system are just awful
>>
>>344034262
>saying it redefine RPG standards.
Its not even an RPG
>>
>>344022000
>played an inferior version
kek, I bet you gobble up shit like cowadootie OP
this will make great pasta though
>>
>>344022000
>Anyway, just got the 3 part "uncharted" francis drake edition.
It isn't an RPG, and I haven't played it so idk, it's an action adventure.
>is skyrim as good as I hear, or is it just something witcher took best parts of?
It's good for exploration and modding, but the game and quests get boring very quickly.

Since you own PS4 I'd say get The Last of Us, it's a very good game, the story is told in a very good manner.
>>
>>344033668
You forgot to mention ANYTHING about actual gameplay.

This means today's kiddies are perfectly satisfied with glorified Telltale simulators with minimal gameplay.

Don't get me wrong you were right, the game is beautiful and quite polished, but the gameplay is mediocre at best.
>>
>>344022000
It does look fucking fantastic. But I'm really not a fan of open world games with boring combat. To each their own.
>>
>>344034583
Gameplay is really good if you dont play on easy and your creativity and logic planning doesnt end on spamming one button hoping to get through.
>>
>>344034262
>Can't prove the game is bad other then 4-5 webms of 1.0 game showing animation glitch.
Wow, I love implications. They work so fucking good as arguments.

>260+ awards
I don't care since shit like Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite, Uncharted and fucking Journey gets a lot of awards too.

>top people in vidya buisness saying it redefine RPG standards.
Top people in vidya business are people like fucking Todd Howard and Anita, why would I care

>Good combat
You mean moveset made of five moves that doesn't allow you to do shit, because every single move has the same hitbox? Enemies that reset their AI and magically stop dodging after you make a dodge in their direction? Enemies with no poise? Where's the good combat?

>Great characters
Bloody Baron, Geralt, Roche, Ciri, Yennefer

Give me more examples, because no one outside the main cast + DLC casts has a different personality than "le peasant who likes to drink and joke around"

>Great Polish VA/ Good English VA
>Great Polish VA
O kurwa, kisnę. Nie słyszałem gorszego VA od jebanego kurwa Diablo 3. Jezu kurwa chryste.

>Great Soundtrack
You mean maybe 10 songs.
>exploring a mystical cave
>dark ambient music in the background
>suddenly Mglak appears
>UAH UAH UAH UAH UAH
>Mglak gets killed in three hits
>back to the ambient music
Literally how to fuck up immersion 101

>Great graphics
Yeah

>Mod support
You mean shit like changing stats or deleting Ciri's makeup/clothes? Mods don't do shit.

>Annouced Massive Mod Tools
>Announced

>+20h Storywise DLC's'
DLCs are fucking great, I can agree.

>Stay mad pleb while we play this masterpiece
I'll stay at home and play this 7.5/10 game that's nowhere close to being a masterpiece.
>>
>>344034269
not that other guy but I only played through W3 and all the DLC once and I had like 400 hours played

I also found awesome world events and some of the points of interest are awesome. cave exploring is fun too

the endings are actually pretty different, not 36 though. you can get with 1 of 2 girls or no girls, 3 different things can happen to ciri at the end, not sure what else
>>
>>344035113
>400 hours played
Guh, that's a shit ton of time man.

>some of the points of interest are awesome
I wanted to do them all but I gave up after Velen. They're just copypasted minibosses/bandit camps with some treasure, nothing interesting.

>cave exploring is fun too
My favorite part of the game is treasure hunting, getting the best swords and upgrading armor so exploring caves is fucking great
>>
File: slavmagic.webm (163 KB, 480x222) Image search: [Google]
slavmagic.webm
163 KB, 480x222
>>344035063
Stop being so dark & edgy there is no better game and you know it.
>>
Good games have good gameplay. So witcher is out by default
>>
>>344022000
You're blog is shit, and your life is dumb.
>>
>>344035445
>dark & edgy
What do you mean, retard? Where did I do that?

Start using some arguments instead of making shit on your own or go to see a doctor. Someone's too obsessed with a videogame.

Also
>this wew webm of a drunk slav proves that slavs are based wew
Visit Poland dumb american nigger

>there is no better game and you know it.

Skyrim is the best game of all time.

Can't prove the game is bad other then 4-5 webms of 1.0 game showing animation glitch.
200+ awards, top people in vidya buisness saying it redefine RPG standards.
It has:
Good combat
Good Story
Great characters
Great English VA
Great Soundtrack
Great Graphics
Mod support
Annouced Massive Mod Tools
+20h Storywise DLC's'

Stay mad pleb while we play this masterpiece
>>
File: 1465919574163.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1465919574163.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>344026204
Why are some people or even one imbecile trying to force a fight between the TW3 fanbase and the Zelda fanbase? What's your problem? Do you seriously hate one of these games so much?
>>
File: 1467509825570.jpg (54 KB, 495x434) Image search: [Google]
1467509825570.jpg
54 KB, 495x434
>>344029039
>>344033376
>tfw your game is unanimously considered to be the defining achievement in the medium yet people still feel the need to shitpost

it's a hard life
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.