[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IIT pitch the duke nukem return you want to see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 4677111-9654880847-nukem.png (2 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
4677111-9654880847-nukem.png
2 MB, 1024x1024
name: duke nukem redemption
gearbox rippoff doom 4 gameplay
jenette vasquez assists duke nukem and gives him objectives
vasquez makes recent movie references, duke nukem makes old movie references, wacky interactions
duke meets alien invasion/ zombie outbreak stereotypes like gunless hipies and gun crazy rednecks
interactions with them are short, mostly cutscenes and secondary objectives
saving babes unlocks old school doomlike perks, vasquez objectives gives new school fps perks
helping hippies gives health supplies drop, rednecks ammo supplies drop
3 endings: neutral, babes and objectives
>>
>>343999740
Duke And Friends
You play as Duke Nukem in 5 back to back campaigns, with Duke Nukem's usual arsenal.
First one is like the new Serious Sam game, including enemies and powerups and maybe some iconic weapons.
Second one is like new Doom, including enemies and powerups and maybe some iconic weapons.
Third one is like Painkiller, including enemies and powerups and maybe some iconic weapons.
Fourth one is like Shadow Warrior, including enemies and powerups and maybe some iconic weapons.
Fifth one is a broken mashup of all of them, using classic Duke Nukem levels.
Also it gives blowjobs and makes coffee.
>>
>>344000696
>DOOM level
>Power Armor is still for pussies and I don't need no fuckin' keycard
>>
>>343999740
I liked Duke Forever, so I would ideally want more of the same with more bossess.
>>
>>344001190
Duke Forever was good, except that rock&lava level, because you could get lost with all the samey textures, and the extra underwater level added later, because fuck underwater levels.

All of the rest of the game was top tier level design. Actually secret secrets, multiple ways to approach the level, multiple guns spread around it, occasional boss fights.
However if it was released today, I'd complain its too short. Could probably beat the whole thing in one sitting on my first ever go at it, blind and without knowing the layouts.
>>
>>344001190
I had fun with forever but no fucking way would I want more of that shit. The only really good level was Shrunken Duke Burger.

>No jetpack
>2 gun limit
>looked like a 2005 game in 2011 using tech that was new for DOOM 3 and Prey
>regenerating health
>no secrets, one linear path
>bosses only damagable by explosions
>rocket launcher has almost no ammo which tethers you to ammo boxes during said boss fights

Doctor Who Cloned Me was better overall than main game at least
>>
>>344001357
even fucking Duke 3D had a solution to underwater levels sucking, scuba gear

but Forever Duke was too hip to be caught scuba-ing. Eel boss fight was the worst because of breath meter
>>
>>344001190
>>344001357
Oh fuck, I thought you meant Duke3D for some reason. Disregard my post.

>>344001587
Yeah my whole post was written for Duke3D, I just had a brainfart.
>>
>>344000696
There's also a secret 6th bonus chapter that is based on Blood and you get sued by Atari for playing it
>>
>>343999740
is another wacky reaction jenette vasquez playing the "modern american" a mexican, and duke is the "old american" white
>>
>>344004214
i'd give a tone where jenette is supposed to teach PC culture to duke but he happens to be more tolerant than her because of his movie and strip club experience

like, she asks him to stop saving the babes because she despise strippers and he would refuse because he respects them

"you know duke, gender is "
"i know kid, I watched rocky horror picture show"

"young lady, I didn't went back in time and save martin ass from aliens to hear you say demeaning things about black americans"
>>
>>343999740

The only way to save Duke Nukem is to reboot the franchise.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.