[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game ideas discussion thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: semiRelated.jpg (6 KB, 325x155) Image search: [Google]
semiRelated.jpg
6 KB, 325x155
Discuss, pitch, criticize, or whatever, keep it interesting.

I'll start.

I have been entertaining the thought of creating a fighting game, based both on level, skill and strategy, using neural networks and genetic algorithms on a rigid body with muscle groups and joints, it can be tought how to achieve certain results under specific parameters, for example lets say we are trying to teach the neural network how to inflict damage effectively, under certain parameters, most damage per punch for example, we would get at the first few generations a swing of sort towards the general location of the opponent, in later generation, it would use the muscle groups more effectively, swinging with a wider angle to gain momentum, using the bigger muscle groups more, targeting specific areas for most damage and so on, but under different parameters, different muscle patterns would develop, even at the same "level" of generation, for example, trying to maxemise damage, decrease energy under certain time limit might end up being something incredibily different from the one punch damage pattern, regardless of level, if we seeked to minimise damage from upcoming attack, the neural network might start by blocking and then develop into evaiding if possible and so on, so using these different paramaters and limitations, we will get different muscle patterns that "fight" in a different way.

Not end of post
>>
>>343827086
Continue:

The neural network training can't happen live of course as it would take a lot of time to compute, instead the muscle patterns data would be computed and simply used at different peak points ( level 1 is generation50, level 2 is generation 100 and so on).

The player would get to control the fighter normaly with a keyboard and mouse or a joystick, and would simply trigger the different muscle groups according to his "level", some basic movements won't be tied to those patterns of course, for simplicity and smoothness, styles can be changed on the go by the user (a style that maxemises evasion, damage, speed, stamina etc') so clicking the right click button for example would trigger the muscle pattern related to strong hit, with small changes according to the aiming and it's up to the player to decide how much to follow the neural network's pattern, for example, lets say that under STR style hard punch was usually aimed towards the torso of the opponent by the neural network, but what if the user chose to aim at the head instead? will the muscle groups be less effective and thus weaker because of the the higher aim? what if the opponent is a blocking type that can't block effectively when the punch is aimed towards the head yet at it's specific level? Beyond that the genetic alogrithms don't promise the best possible result, so the player may find better uses for the different patterns, the player could also aim to destroy specific body parts that may criple the opponent or greatly decrease his specific style's effectivness. A small changes to the muscle groups can be also applied by the player if he thinks he thinks it's more suitable, of course the change would be limited according to his level, not to mention that we could allow the player to create his own skeleton and muscle groups and run the genetic algorithm on it for new completely different patterns, this computations would take a long long time though.
>>
>>343827191

I'm really excited about this idea, so I'm starting soon but it's likely to end up as a simulator, although I do have the academic background for the technical part( Computer engineering specialized in machine learning) I know close to nothing about game design, the closest I've ever got was building a riverflow and surrounding ground physics simulation, so I'm likely missing a lot of points and it may end up dull and unintersting to the player, maybe I should opt it into turn based game instead of live action?
Thoughts, suggestions and ways to kill my self are welcomed, what are your ideas /v/?
>>
>>343827086
Oh, and don't be afraid to talk about your ideas here because your ideas have no value, everyone has ideas that they'd rather implement so don't be a faggot.
>>
A classical rpg with a dead rising weapon system and dark souls stats system
>>
its like grand theft auto, but the entire united states
>>
A game where you de-wrinkle your shirt after you stand up. It would be a touch screen game. There'd also be advanced techniques you'd execute if you trace a pattern and different cloth types with different physics.
>>
>>343829562
>de-wrinkle your shirt after you stand up
what would the name be
>>
>>343830479
Wrinkle Destroyer 3
>>
>>343827086
>>343827191
>>343827335
you should try playing "Toribash"
not exactly your idea with the muscle groups but it does freeze time and advances by frame and you control the "major joints" (elbows, knees, shoulders, etc.) and can "pose" them to extend, contract, hold, and let loose it is based on a lot of skill and strategy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9Euw2tFnU
when watching the video remember that they did this frame by frame controlling the joints and body
again not what you are saying exactly but from the first post it is pretty similar
>>
>>343831376
I remember tori, yes its very close to my idea, in fact it would be exactly what the neural network would do, choosing the peaks would allow the player to control the fighter live instead of micromanaging the muscle groups.

I can probably use it for the learning stage actually, if they'd allow me
>>
An atelier game where an old man alchemist gets turned into a little girl and gameplay revolves around mindbreaking him down into a typical atelier protag through psychological manipulation, nefarious plots and lesbianism. You of course play as the lesbian that "helps" the alchemist in his time of need.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.