[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xbox one S will offer 3 features not even available on PC today.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: xbox-one-s-2.jpg (172 KB, 1600x1069) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one-s-2.jpg
172 KB, 1600x1069
Xbox one S will offer 3 features not even available on PC today.

1. HDR gaming : This is a big deal. HDR gaming is more than just 10 bit color space. It's embedded metadata that the TV panel used to display the frame at the best capability it's capable of. This is something that is not available on PC today. Only the recently release GTX 1080/1070 support HDMI 2.0a (needed for HDR). There is no affordable PC monitor right that support HDR metadata through Display Port or HDMI.

2. Netflix 4K. That right. Only certain devices are flag or allow to stream 4K through Netflix. At this moment, only specific TV or dedicated hardware have access to that features. 4K is not available on PC the last time I check.

3. UHD Blu-ray playback. There is no UHD blu-ray drive on the PC market right now. Only 1 dedicated UHD blu-ray player exist. It's the Samsung UBD-K8500. Panasonic will soon release a new player.

Microsoft wins. Everybody go home.
>>
File: 1467228950547.jpg (93 KB, 435x330) Image search: [Google]
1467228950547.jpg
93 KB, 435x330
>>343782642
>Literally nothing about games except HDR which is only graphically relevant and wont matter because all it does is upscale 720/900 to 4k
Its shit
>>
>>343782642
>This is a big deal. HDR gaming is more than just 10 bit color space. It's embedded metadata that the TV panel used to display the frame at the best capability it's capable of. This is something that is not available on PC today. Only the recently release GTX 1080/1070 support HDMI 2.0a (needed for HDR). There is no affordable PC monitor right that support HDR metadata through Display Port or HDMI.
You sound like a badly written nerd character in a badly written sitcom (or children's cartoon).
>>
Holy crap the legends were true

There are legitimate shills on /v/
>>
>>343782642
1. This is not true, the Radeon RX 480 also supports HDR. The monitor issue is the same for consoles.

2. This is true, but alot of people already have a modern TV that has the netflix app (It supports 4K), what is the point of buying a console for this.

3 First you say that there is no UHD blu-ray drive, then you say there is. What is your point? This isn't even everything. You are a liar. There is plenty of UHD blu-ray drives on the market and you know it.
>>
how much do they pay you stupid indian fucks per post

could i pay you $100 to kill your co workers so i dont have to see these shill threads anymore?
post your paypal, this is a 100% serious offer
>>
>>343782642
buzzwords
>>
>>343784463
can you pay me in toilet paper
>>
>>343782642
Will I be able to swap out the hard drive with an ssd?
>>
I hope someone rapes your mother one the designated shitting street, pajeet.
>>
File: Al Bundy 2.webm (870 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Al Bundy 2.webm
870 KB, 640x480
>The Xbox One was such a failure that it made Microsoft attempt a GFWL part 2

Why can't Microsoft just fuck off from gaming?
>>
I have a shit brand of tv and even that has Netflix 4k. Which is garbage by the way. Nobody sub to Netflix.
>>
File: hl2hdrcomparison.jpg (87 KB, 1024x450) Image search: [Google]
hl2hdrcomparison.jpg
87 KB, 1024x450
>>343782642
Source engine has HDR since 2004
And HDR is just a technique to show pixel based in bright information instead of just RGB.
>>
>>343785794
REKT
>>
>>343785794
what he's referring to isn't that type of hdr,
its an extremely weird dynamic screen resolution thing where the resolution changes based on the graphical budget available

it's fucking stupid as hell
>>
>>343782642
>Xbox one S will offer 3 features not even available on PC today.
>Nothing
wew
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.