[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Risk of Rain thread. Han-D needs to be fucking buffed Jesus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 37
File: maxresdefault-52.jpg (118 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-52.jpg
118 KB, 1920x1080
Risk of Rain thread.

Han-D needs to be fucking buffed Jesus Christ. It wouldn't even be hard to make him not shit.

Enforcer sucks too but you can't fix what is fundamentally broken.

Chef is god.
>>
Do the devs even care anymore?, there are still so many bugs and crashes in online. Mercenary a best
>>
>>343758221
Devs aren't active pretty much anywhere, which is a shame. They made an update like 2 months ago, but there never seem to post on their own forums and aren't really active on twitter or anything. Maybe busy with other stuff.

Makes me sad. Some characters (Han-D) could be so much more fun if they were just buffed a bit. I made a long ass post about it on the suggestion ROR forum, but that place is dead as a dodo.

Merc is weak but fun.

Looking at tier lists, I don't think I've ever seen Chef at the top, but he seems so goddamn powerful to me it's crazy. I love it.

Guess it's just me.
>>
>>343758531
Thats sad then, i got the game in this steam sale and already clocked 34 hours, i think is great as it is but with some more improvements i wouldn't stop playing. I have only used Han-D in a party and he seemed fine, but now that i think it would be hard alone.
>>
>>343759193
Yeah, he's not nearly as bad in multiplayer (though still not as good as other classes else) but in single player he severely underpowered. ESPECIALLY against the final boss, since he's so fucking slow he can barley hand a punch before the boss carves his face in. Also, lack of invincibility frames vs 2 giant speeding hard to avoid worms is about as shitty as it sounds.

Doesn't help that /v/ only likes to play on Glass for whatever reason and he's even worse there, since a single enemy hitting him fucks his shit up, and he's so slow and lacks dodge moves that he almost always gets fucking hit. All his attacks are dangerous to use and he fucking relies on putting himself into danger in the middle of a group of enemies to do any damage, which, in this game, is a fucking death sentence. Especially on glass.

There is just so much wrong with him that I can't fit into here. I did discuss it here though.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/han-d-really-needs-some-work.117034/

I wish the devs gave their forums a bit more attention. I'm not going to sit here and call them bad, because I'm sure they are busy people, and they themselves probably know their forums aren't very busy, but still, I do wish it.
>>
Single player tier list

S TIER
Arcid
Chef

A TIER
Miner
Huntress

B TIER
Loader
Mercenary

C TIER
Commando
Engineer
Sniper (if you're good)

D TIER
Bandit

E TIER
Enforcer
Han-D

We all agreed?
>>
What are you talking about?
Han-D is great, I always do good with him no matter what artifacts. You just need to be more careful with the timing of your attacks until you get enough attack speed.

>>343759698
You realize Han-D is the most tanky class, right? It can take a few hits even on glass.
>>
>>343762209
>get enough attack speed

unless you're constantly using command, there's no guarantee of this. In an average run, I'm lucky if I get more than one attack speed booster.

I don't mind him being slow, but he could be so much better without being overpowered with just a few small changes.

I've never had a good time with him on glass. Lack of invincibility fucks me over real harsh, and I seem to always choose the worst time to use FORCED_REASSEMBLY
>>
>>343762474
Doesn't help that overclocks speed buff only lasts for a split second rather than the entire time as it should.
>>
>>343762474
I'm sorry but I disagree with you and that post in the forums.
It's one of the characters that I have most chances to get a great run in both vanilla or artifacts.

To point a few things out:
Not all the characters should have invincibility, it's good that they're different.
The timing of his attacks are even more important than when playing the Merc, which is what may make it hard to play. It's actually great for hit and run.
The stun of his overclock is not a problem, since you're supposed to jump as you attack to keep pushing the enemies.
You're ignoring some of its positives; mainly the fact that he's got the highest base movement speed and a huge damage in all of its attacks compared to other classes (minus Sniper and Engi).

I agree with you on one thing though, Forced Reassembly will fuck you up simply for the fact that the enemies knocked in the air will start to attack and end their animation as they land on you, killing you on glass and hitting hard on vanilla.
The fix for this is Scepter, which I consider the most necessary of all classes, since apart from the lightning it also adds a 100% stun that will nullify this. But the problem is that in runs without Command you're at the mercy of your own luck.

Personally I think the trick to Han-D is to "learn to heal" with the bots.
I used to do horrible with him at the beginning until I noticed I started to pay more attention to them. In vanilla should only be used to heal, never to attack, and the right moment is when you jump into a group to attack them, then after a few seconds (of your judgement) you start using them with a rhythm, never in a frenzy.
As you kill you keep recovering both health and bots. It's a little hard to find the correct "tempo", but I'd say is as important as learning when to use the shield and when not with the Enforcer.

It's nice to discuss disagreements over a class with someone tho. It's been more than a year since people stopped discussing the game in the threads.
>>
>>343757884
This is a lovely thread but does anyone want to play?
>>
>>343764140
Allow me to add a pair of things.
When you don't have the Scepter to fix Forced Reassembly, the best way to use it it's from distance. Most people seem unaware of the fact that that attack has a huge hitbox that hits enemies way beyond Han-D's reach. That is the safe way to use it without the Scepter.

And what I meant with not using the bots in a frenzy, is that the most important thing when using them is your "efficiency"; I mean using them with a timing where you recover the health as you lose it, instead of wasting half the bots as some people panic and shoot most of them instantly.
>>
>>343764140
Hey, I'm not against reasonable discussion.

I agree that classes should be different, but I do want them to be equal in effectiveness, just in different ways. I just don't feel that health is as massive a point as lots of people seem it is in this game. If you fuck up, you can die REALLY goddamn quickly. Health drains super fast, and unless you get lucky (once again, a flimsy thing), health isn't high enough to survive standing still around a group of enemies for even a few seconds, which is a large part of how Han-d is played, considering his moves NEED him to be close.

As for jumping and attacking, I feel it's a bit unfair to say that you are "supposed" to do that. It takes so long to kill enemies in this game, jumping and hitting is slow. The extra damage doesn't suddenly make that process fast. That strategy works for the sniper, because that thing takes enough time to reload that you can pull off a jump before you reload, but Han-d skills are based around hitting things a lot.

If you look at overclock, everytime you hit an enemy, it gives you extra time in overclock. Not much, but a little, which demonstrates that you are supposed to be hitting a lot during this time, but that doesn't work if you jump and punch.

Han-d does have positives, but I don't feel they do nearly enough to compensate for the negatives. I feel like he doesn't really excel in any area that another character can't do better. Yes, jumping into a group of enemies with some drones can work for a short while, but enemies quickly get stronger and more numerous that this is far too dangerous to do, at least later in the game.

I do understand what you mean by Tempo, I've done the same thing, but it really only works in the early game, at least for me. Later, I HAVE to spam them just to keep myself from dying once I get close to enemies. Even though, I don't go back to full health. Attacks take so long to even hit, enemies can get you to near death before you throw a punch.
>>
>>343764650
Also, once again, the final boss is hard as fuck. You don't regenerate healing drones, so at most, you go in with 10 (honestly not much at all) and get a maximum of 4 throughout the entire fight.

Providence is fast moving and hits hard with a decently long range to his attacks. Han-d has a much harder time avoiding his attacks while dishing out his own. Don't get me wrong, they can be avoided, but avoiding his moves and attacking back is MUCH harder than it is with other characters. Unless I get really lucky with good items/drones, I almost always lose on the providence boss fight with him. Meanwhile, most other characters do just dandy.

Even if you don't agree with me (absolutely fine to do so) I still think Han-D could really benefit from the suggestions I mentioned, without being overly powerful, those being

Making overclock give him some dodge time (invincibility), while also giving a longer speed boost

Allowing HAN-D to recharge at least a few drones over a period of time (maybe up to a max of 3 or something, with enemies needing to be killed to get up to 10, or maybe just up to 10 anyway without a cap).

The hammer (FORCED_ASSEMBLY) stunning naturally

These changes wouldn't make him super powerful, but they would fix his biggest problems I feel, and would help him be the tank that he is supposed to be.
>>
>>343765102
>If you fuck up, you can die REALLY goddamn quickly. Health drains super fast
Yeah I agree on this, even on vanilla a group can fuck you from full health in seconds.
>As for jumping and attacking, I feel it's a bit unfair to say that you are "supposed" to do that.
You're supposed to do that with almost all melees though, it's one of the basic ways to avoid damage.
>It takes so long to kill enemies in this game, jumping and hitting is slow. The extra damage doesn't suddenly make that process fast.
This I agree too, in vanilla enemies are bullet sponges no matter which class you pick (even Sniper has problems with this later) and makes the game a dragging chore. It's why /v/ prefers glass and I agree it makes the game more fun, although I like playing both.
>in overclock you are supposed to be hitting a lot during this time, but that doesn't work if you jump and punch
Actually it does, at least for me, just don't stop attacking while you try to jump forward.
And anyway the extra overclock time will never be too big unless you hit dozens of enemies with a Heaven Cracker.

>but enemies quickly get stronger and more numerous that this is far too dangerous to do, at least later in the game
I think this is the most important thing. You should be getting stronger too with items. Even if you don't have much luck and don't get attack speed or Scepter, you'll have to had a horrible luck to not get things that would benefit you.
The most important thing in this game is rushing the TP to keep getting items. Reaching a TP should never take more than 3min and you should never spent more than 5min total per map, if not you're fucked.

>>343765763
I agree that the boss is extra hard with Han-D, although I like that.
But yeah, you can be very fucked if you don't have some healing items or drones.

I like some of those buffs to be honest, like the "longer speed boost". Although I have to say Han-D does feel tanky for me when I play him, at least compared to other classes.
>>
>>343766293
Also, I have to say all that is coming from someone who normally plays vanilla in "normal difficulty".
In my opinion the hard difficulty was practically made to play with artifacts (although these were added much later), because in hard vanilla, even if you don't spend more than 3 minutes per map, you either have one of the high tier classes for vanilla (Huntress, Engineer, Acrid) or you get an amazing luck with the item drops.
At least that's my experience; I do great with Han-D in all modes except hard mode vanilla, where I tend to suffer to survive in the late maps (like with most classes).
Don't know, maybe that's an important detail when considering my opinions.
>>
>>343766293
I might just be playing wrong, but I don't really find myself jumping and attack with most melee classes. In fact, with a lot of classes, I end up not using the basic attack for a lot of them once I get later into the game. I try to use "safe" attacks that also offer invincibility. Miner has lots of I-frames and safe attacks, mercenary can dodge like crazy and Arcid can stay out of danger easily. I don't really play much loader cuz I dislike constantly tapping the key, but he has a freaking invincibility shield, so he seems like more of a tank to me than Han-D.

>>343766780
I can't quite recall, but I'm pretty sure I beat monsoon a few times, only with great characters, but I generally play on normal difficulty as well. I don't use artifacts when I play, since they seem like cheating a lot of the time. I mean, command just flat out makes you invincible if you pick the right few items for your class and takes the fun away.

But yeah, I feel that every difficulty should be considered. Even if a character does good in normal mode, but bad in hard mode, it's a bad character to me. Though I feel Han-D does worse in both.

It's a shame, since I am a big fan of slow-strong types.

I usually find myself taking 5 minutes on a level. I'm going as fast as I bloody can, but the teleporter always seems to spawn on the complete other end of the level, and all the crates spawn on the other side that I spawn on while I have no cash. It's annoying as heck but that's how the dice roll baby.

Out of curiosity, which class would you rank as the worst/best?
>>
stack crowbars on enforcer to literally one shot bosses with just his primary fire
>>
>>343767845
Seriously though, command was never intended as normal play. Just as a way to experiment with weird builds.

There's no challenge when you can take literally anything you want. No balance exists with command.
>>
>>343759698
>>343765763
>Doesn't help that /v/ only likes to play on Glass for whatever reason
git gud

Vanilla RoR is too easy for most players using any class after a bare minimum of playtime. We take down Providence too easily. Our artifact combinations are far harder than vanilla, but they're at a difficulty where we can actually have fun.
>>
>>343768062
Command is pretty necessary with Honour/Glass/Spite/Sacrifice to keep up with enemy scaling for looping, although granted you do have to restrict yourself at some point to keep it decently challenging.
>>
>>343768082
Do enemies scale with how many players there are?

Monsoon is difficult in single player. I don't see how so many people could seriously find it "lol 2 fkn ez 4 me". Maybe in multiplayer, but in single player? Come on.

>>343768215
it's not even close to regular gameplay at that point if you're using so many fucking artifacts. You're making the game harder than then letting yourself cheat because it's too hard if the game had the usual randomness.
>>
Okay enough of this, why haven't any hosts shown themselves yet?

AUSTRALIAN HOST POPPING IN FOR AN HOUR OR SO
GET READY FOR SOME LAG

Make sure you set the port as well.
>>
>>343768413
>Do enemies scale with how many players there are?
Yes.

>Monsoon is difficult in single player.
Literally git gud. Sacrificing a bit of time and being more cautious is a surefire path to victory.

>>343768413
>You're making the game harder than then letting yourself cheat because it's too hard if the game had the usual randomness.
For the initial run, the game absolutely is a lot harder. During the first loop, it breaks even. Second loop absolutely the game is easier if you've been taking lots of items, but people know not to take the insanely overpowered items.

That's not the only artifact set in use though. There's about four main sets of artifacts that I've seen.
>>
>>343767359
Well, regarding the jump attack, the melees that should use it apart from Han-D are: the Miner, since it has great damage and he should save his abilities for groups and always let one for making an escape; and Acrid, as its bit damage is great while you jump on the slowed enemies of your sludge and it's if you manage to hit a boss a few times.
Merc basic is good at the beginning, but only hitting three enemies for 130% isn't as great later, and Loader can hit-lock enemies so jumping is not necessary, plus there's that bug that can propel you forward. And yeah Loader's shield is awesome.

That feeling when you beat vanilla Monsoon is great.
Anyway, in my opinion artifacts like Glass make the game faster, which makes it fun in consequence. Command is great for working combos that you would never get in vanilla, and I never pick Frost Relic and Infusion anyway.
Plus people always put up Honor to compensate for Command.

>but the teleporter always seems to spawn on the complete other end of the level
This is the worst thing and something that I would like to see fixed: the spawn system.
Don't get me started when you finish a teleporter and there's a fucking enemy left on the other side of the map.
Also, I interchanged the Z for the V so classes like the Loader and the Bandit aren't annoying to play.

Posting my tier list next.
>>
>>343769038
>>343767359
>Out of curiosity, which class would you rank as the worst/best?

>God Tier
Huntress: in a game where kitting is the best tactic she's one of the bests. And her Glaive is a great ability. Even in Glass, where she's extremely fragile, you can still do great if you avoid all the damage you can.
Engi: can be safe while killing enemies (mines etc). Has good on-hit chances with the basic and the Harpoons are broken.
Acrid: similar to the Engi with the sludge, and the virus destroys groups.
>High
Loader: great shield and one of the best AoE.
Chef: one of the best basics for group control and great abilities overall.
>Great
Miner and Merc: both hard to use, but do amazing if you're good with them.
>Normal
Han-D: needs some attack speed items, but can get some of the best runs and can take more hits than other classes.
Commando: best class for on-hit items. A green or orange missile is a godsent.
Bandit: best evade if you can reset it and I find that a lot of things works with this class, he's like the jack of all trades.
>Low
Enforcer: personal favorite class, I don't think he's as bad as some put him. He's still usable, but I agree that he usually needs more luck with items than the rest. A lot of people tend to dismiss the shield, but it's a great ability if you know very well when and how to use it.

The sniper is on of the best in Glass, but gets chocked without it. So I'm not sure how to rate him.
>>
>>343769528
I fucking hate the bandits Lights Out ability. Completely useless except at the very start of a stage. There's too many enemies in the game to be able to single out a single one. I suppose people who only play on glass wouldn't know about the struggle.

Honestly the best thing about the Engi is the harpoons just so you can kill that last enemy on the other side of the map.

>enforcer
>personal favourite

I'm so sorry. It must be frustrating getting killed by stupid shit that anyone else could have moved away from. Keep being chill.
>>
>>343770141
>It must be frustrating getting killed by stupid shit that anyone else could have moved away from.
If you get a few Hooves he can avoid rockets even in shield mode. Although I play more artifacts than vanilla, and yeah, in vanilla it gets insane at late maps if you don't get a good position (ledge or jumpad).

I assume your tier list is the one posted at the beginning?
If not I'm also curious, it's always nice to see how others rate the classes.
>>
File: Risk_of_Rekt_Cover.png (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Risk_of_Rekt_Cover.png
34 KB, 300x300
>>343768441
LOBBY IS OPEN
GET IN
>>
>>343770508
Yeah it totally was the one at the start.

Chef/arcid are fucking amazing.

I am boggled by how not every single tier list has them at the top.

Chefs attacks are just so goddamn powerful. Worms are nothing to him, any big boss falls in seconds, and his weapons pierce and come back? I mean, it's insane.

Arcid being able to spread disease to everyone and keep moving is crazy good to me. Plus, even though I don't use his basic move that much (as it only targets one enemy), bosses are weak to it. It's grand.

It might be silly but I always love hearing why people love playing a particular class/using a particular weapon, especially if they can find something good that stands out in something everyone else considers bad.

I myself can find it hard to justify using a fun weapon if it's literally worse in every single way to another, but if it has even the smallest upside/situation where it is better, I don't feel silly by using it at all.

It's a strange but neat feel.
>>
>>343769528
>Huntress god tier on Glass
False. The huge damage bonus doesn't help her nearly as much as every other class. Every other class can also outscale her damage on Glass/Command.

>The sniper is on of the best in Glass, but gets chocked without it. So I'm not sure how to rate him.
Sniper is still pretty good even in vanilla. Glass just accentuates his strengths even more while taking very little away.
>>
File: dkcrew.png (969 KB, 850x656) Image search: [Google]
dkcrew.png
969 KB, 850x656
Any servers up? I can host (from UK) if anyone's interested, getting boring playing with just the same 2-3 people from the steam group.
>>
>>343771349
>The huge damage bonus doesn't help her
What makes her god tier is her ability to auto-kitting, which still works in Glass, and the damage buff helps this a lot, even if you say it doesn't scale as much.
If you are good avoiding damage on /v/ runs she's still one of the best. Of course people who have problems with funballs will find her unplayable. But funballs are just a matter of getting used to them.

>>343771047
Well, I personally love Enforcer for how crazy he looks blocking damage when Spite is on, and that with the correct items and positioning he can keep entire groups in front of his shield like it's no big deal.

It's a shame but I have to go. Literally first thread I've seen in almost two months, and it has good discussion and a host. Fuck my luck.
It has been nice tho.
>>
>>343772057
You were good. This was nice.

Have fun. Thanks for the discussion.
>>
>>343768441
>>343770987
post when open, standing by
>>
File: commandogun.png (16 KB, 502x321) Image search: [Google]
commandogun.png
16 KB, 502x321
So when hosting/playing servers with /v/, I started with the usual Risk of Rekt artifacts (Honor, Glass, Command, Sacrifice, Origin, Spite) but eventually the games got repetitive, with everyone getting a million hooves before going to lens/medkit etc. and little variety. I ended up turning off Honor and Command, sometimes turning on Enigma, for a change in what people get.
What do you prefer when playing?
>>
>>343772057
>What makes her god tier is her ability to auto-kitting, which still works in Glass,
The free movement while attacking is less important in Glass where things will die quickly. It's still good, but the ability to hyperscale your damage becomes a much bigger factor of a character's endgame use.
>>
>>343773847
No command. Anything else is fine.
>>
File: RoR podMP lit.png (18 KB, 1150x350) Image search: [Google]
RoR podMP lit.png
18 KB, 1150x350
>>343768441
PROVIDENCE DID NOTHING WRONG
BUT WE'RE GOING TO DO IT AGAIN ANYWAY
GET IN
>>
>>343774169
I never really understood the end story of RoR

>"why did we have a teleporter to this planet in our ships loading bay?"
or whatever it was

what does that mean?

That the humans were stealing? And the aliens were just trying to take back what was theirs?

How come the humans you play as don't know this? The monster log suggests you have no idea why the teleporter is there.
>>
>>343761473
How is enforcer not at least A-tier?
It's literally impossible to lose.
>>
>>343775360
>playing on drizzle
:^)
>>
>>343775360
Funballs
>>
>>343775360
In all seriousness, I constructed that list based on absolute normal gameplay. That is to say, not sitting in one place with command on trying to farm items with the 4 leaf clover for an hour.

I'm talking no artifacts, normal gameplay, moving through levels.

I dislike artifacts and stuff.
>>
File: RoR bosses.png (81 KB, 4844x824) Image search: [Google]
RoR bosses.png
81 KB, 4844x824
>>343774169
GAME CRASHED WITH NO SURVIVORS
LAST RUN FOR THE NIGHT
IT'S LATE AND I WANT SLEEP
>>
>>343775503
>>343775529
Monsoon with glass. Still only lost one out of the 20 or so times I played last to an overloading magma worm.
Even gone through over an hour long sessions.
Enforcer is really easy mode if you know what to do though, so it does feel like drizzle.
>>
>>343775757
Well then I have to agree, my playstyle is more to cycle through levels over and over quickly until I'm bored and then move on to the end.
>>
>>343776628
You're talking about fucking glass here.

He's not nearly as good at the normal game.
>>
>>343776895
I rotated to glass after the normal game was too easy with him. Enforcer was the class I played the most as at the start. Shit is easy with him in every difficulty. Just a matter of playing safe.
If you luck out and get an early warbanner then you're also set for most of the game.
>>
>>343777364
I would love to see a video of you doing an ordinary solo no artifact monsoon playthrough with him where you barley even try at all if it's "too easy".
>>
File: Upgraded Loader.jpg (81 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
Upgraded Loader.jpg
81 KB, 600x456
LOADER BEST CLASS FOREVER
>>
>>343779004
That's not how you spell chef
>>
>>343778779
Almost everybody that would normally be in a RoR thread is capable of a solo Monsoon vanilla with a few classes. It's really not as impresive as you seem to think it is.
>>
>>343774169
E34 SIGNIGN OFF FOR TONIGHT
THANKS FOR THE GAMES GUYS
GOOD TO KNOW OVERWATCH DIDN'T TAKE EVERYONE
>>
>>343779554
with a few classes, yes

i wanna see you do it with the enforcer

not because i don't believe you can, but because you claim it is "too easy" and I wanna see exactly how you play that makes it so easy that you barley even need to try
>>
>Get into Risk of Rain long after the game's popularity died down
Goddammit
>>
>>343779776
Use Enforcer shield of course, but don't rely on it too heavily. Always be ready to ditch it and run off _before_ your current platform spawns too many enemies. You'll have to deal with them later, so make sure it's not so concentrated that you return to instadeath.

Ignoring the shield and just playing like it's Glass is also pretty viable too. Any class can do vanilla runs with no items without much trouble.
>>
>>343780260
>Any class can do vanilla runs with no items without much trouble

I call bullshit

First, playing enforcer on monsoon is "too easy", now, "Any class can do vanilla runs with no items without much trouble"

What's next? "It's really not that hard to go through the entire vanilla game never getting hit without picking anything up or ever using your skills"

I don't care how godlike you are. Going through the game on monsoon without items is not easy, and there is trouble.
>>
Actual tier list using /v/ rules e.g. honor, command, spite, glass, origin on monsoon

God tier:
>bandit
hold down attack to win. does a ton of damage and is really safe with refreshable invisibility
>loader
massive AoE, best melee basic attack in the game, and shield that literally breaks the game with even one ring or alien head. also has most fun and useful mobility in the game, rocket punch
>sniper
ridiculous scaling, oneshots literally anything. hard to play but the payoff is worth it. see: metrid

High tier:
>chef
strong damage, clears mobs better than anyone. downside is no invincibility and very low mobility, just has a bit more health than others but that hardly matters in glass
>engineer
easiest class in the game. does good damage without even trying. if you're playing engineer youre playing him optimally just by spamming all your cooldowns when you get them, so he's bretty gud
>miner
jumps around like a fucking ninja, but is really squishy and doesn't really do a lot of damage unless you know exactly what you're doing. many people forgo using basic attack, a huge mistake since it does probably the most damage of anything miner has
cont
>>
>>343781118
So what, the rest are garbage?

Does anyone play Han-D in glass?
>>
>>343781118
OK tier
>acrid
low mobility, no invincibility and gimmicky damage. in a game where killing everything as fast as possible while being safe is key, acrid doesn't fit the bill. he's pretty fun though.
>mercenary
does a lot of the things miner does, except is slower, less mobile, with a bit more damage. unfortunately it's really easy to get caught out and die instantly, unless you somehow survived until late game and are casting your invincible ult and dashes every second with wicked rings

Shit tier
>huntress
squishiest fuck in the game. she dies to a single funball at level 1. she plays on easy mode with free kiting but does next to no damage. needs about a hundred on-hit items to be effective but has no way of getting there. blink is a shit ability.
>enforcer
can't move. no range, no damage even at point blank, and dies horribly to funballs without hooves galore. warbanner the character
>HAN-D
HAN-D
>commando
of course you start with one of the worst classes. this guy doesn't scale at all. period. you'll be ok for a bit but then realize you can't do shit to two elites at once and run away, only to die to those other two elites. you can't clear mobs for shit. your gun is a peashooter, your ult immobilizes you, and your roll is ok i guess, but doesn't do enough

Reminder that this list is for /v/ mode, not vanilla.
>>
>>343781248
not that i've seen.
>>
>>343781375
godfuckingdamnitwhydoeshandsucksomuchfuckingiknowthedevsarebusypeopleandallbutfuckitwouldn'tbethathardtomakehimbettershitpisscock
>>
>>343781994
>Unlock Hand-D after missing him in multiple playthroughs
>Oh wow he's going to be great
>Is complete fucking ass
>>
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST
>>
GET A HOST
>>
>>343785652
no u
>>
>>343786087
If I can't host, and you can't host, then who was host?
>>
I got it on PS4 yesterday

it's pretty fun
>>
>>343786386
Have you unlocked the other characters yet?
>>
File: 1466940192704.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466940192704.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>343786290
>>
>>343786570
no, i didn't play too much of it, plan on doing it today
>>
>>343786735
Ok then. REmember to get the artifacts
>>
>>343757884
How the fuck do I play this game, controls feel so stiff.
>>
>>343788132
>Controls feel so stiff
They're not. Also git gud. And use the wiki, but mostly git gud
>>
>>343788325
I even tried using a controller and it feels like shit.
>>
>>343788431
Ignore the "git gud" faggots, not every game is for everyone.
Once you unlock different characters, you can experiment with movement options and you'll have more fun.
Rush Command, then use that to unlock everything else. You'll be happier for it.
Glass mode is much, much better than the normal game. It's frustrating at first, but the late-game enemies are such complete bullet sponges it's almost necessary.
Infusion is a good item. Don't let the tryhards tell you otherwise.

I'd host, but the last time I played with you faggots some fucker spammed the meteor item and spawnkilled at every level. If that guy's still around, fuck you.
>>
>>343788691
>Glass mode is much, much better than the normal game

if you're a fucking casual who hates balance and can't handle getting rekt
>>
File: risk of rain engie.gif (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
risk of rain engie.gif
16 KB, 200x200
just passin thru don't mind me or those blinking things on the ground
>>
>>343788978
I would argue that "getting rekt" happens a lot more often in Glass than in Vanilla. The lower health results in a substantial number of sudden wipes, compared to the slower and grindier gameplay without.
>>
File: CHEF.png (246 KB, 648x906) Image search: [Google]
CHEF.png
246 KB, 648x906
>He doesn't run Chef
>He doesn't show his enemies the errors of messing with culinary perfection
>He doesn't incinerate everything
What's it like being lower class scum
>>
>>343788978
i agree with him.
glass and command are the best thing ever in this game. i'll go so far as to say they should be default.
>>
>>343789003
you need a frame where the legs are overlapping, it looks strange and you don't get the proper sense of motion without it.
>>
First time I beat the game was with Huntress, after my three buddies died. Basically solo'd the level as they died quickly.
>>
>>343779995
>mfw I have the exact same feel
I only have four hours played. Just got it in the Steam Sale.
>>
File: 1465212852457.jpg (18 KB, 270x320) Image search: [Google]
1465212852457.jpg
18 KB, 270x320
Haven't hosted in a long time, what version is agreed upon? v1.2.8 or beta 1.3.0?
>>
>>343791582
1.3 is the normal version.
>>343788978
Glass is harder than vanilla.
>>
lag test, expect crashing
>>
File: YOU CANNOT ESCAPE.png (107 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
YOU CANNOT ESCAPE.png
107 KB, 1920x1080
>>343792917
Works.
>>
>>343792917
9 slots, waiting for 4 more
>>
>>343792917
closed
>>
File: Comprehensive Item List.png (540 KB, 2948x2628) Image search: [Google]
Comprehensive Item List.png
540 KB, 2948x2628
>>
>>343792917
bump when open again
>>
Yes or no for Risk of Rain?
>>
>>343795407

yes
>>
>>343795063
>Doesn't do anything
>Bottle rockets
They make the final stage a hell of a lot easier, that's what they fucking do
>>
File: 1459806821404.jpg (64 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1459806821404.jpg
64 KB, 300x300
of Draw Event
for object oHoof:

Variable oPrePlayer.item_value(100368, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_draw_item
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_draw_item (line 0)
gml_Object_oHoof_Draw_0
>>
File: 1448739961946.png (490 KB, 505x489) Image search: [Google]
1448739961946.png
490 KB, 505x489
>>343796531
Just wait for the next patch that's going to fix all the bugs
>>
>>343792917
Open again.
>>
File: madewithheavycream.png (109 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
madewithheavycream.png
109 KB, 960x720
>>343792917
>>343795393
Up for real this time
3 slots
>>
Just starting out in the game and getting rekt. Any tips? Should i play on easy for now?
>>
>>343792917
>>343796869
closed
>>
File: 1458245576066.png (288 KB, 1148x858) Image search: [Google]
1458245576066.png
288 KB, 1148x858
>>343757884
>Chef is God

Damn right.

Where's the hosts?
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (24 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
24 KB, 499x499
Port 11100
>>
>>343797289
Yes. Due to some Hopoo Quality Coding™, you can unlock artifacts in Drizzle despite being told you can't - you just need to restart the game after getting the artifact and it'll show up.

Get the Artifact of Command as soon as possible - even if you end up agreeing with the people who say it makes everything too easy, it makes unlocking characters a hell of a lot easier and beating the game the first time a nonissue as long as you prepare enough.

Once you have Command, try to unlock the Chef character - its weapons pierce and boomerang, and while it doesn't have any invincibility it is a very strong contender in all areas. Bandit is a fun character that you get for just completing the third stage, so get that - it's good in multiplayer and suits several play styles.

tl;dr yes, play on drizz til you get Command at least. It's no crime to find a game difficult.
>>
Can anybody host a game?
>>
>>343792917
open, 7 slots
>>
>>343798248
thanks
>>
>>343792917
closed, last match then I need to get going
>>
File: 1459422595232.png (199 KB, 742x670) Image search: [Google]
1459422595232.png
199 KB, 742x670
>Death by wurms on third loop

It was a good way to go. Glad to see I haven't gotten too rusty.
>>
b u m p
>>
Who thought Han-D was a good idea?
>>
File: Sadder Ridley.png (84 KB, 161x220) Image search: [Google]
Sadder Ridley.png
84 KB, 161x220
>oh boy a RoR thread! It's been a while
>arrive too late and now there's no hosts
>>
>>343806096
>saw the thread when it started
>had to go when the first host appeared
>arrive just when the last host closes
This sucks, man.
>>
>>343805920
>>343806170
bump THIS *unzipz Overloading Wurm*
>>
Host when
>>
Here's a fun question: When playing with only command on, what's the first item you go for?
>>
>>343809149
Goat hoof or Crowbar
>>
>>343793487
How you get a screen this big?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 400x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 400x345
>>343757884
Oh shit nigger, a RoR thread? If it's still up later, I'll host.
>>
>>343757884

>Buffs

Don't count on that, the devs were dumb and made the game a huge hassle to actually modify.

They didn't expect the game to succeed, so they never made the game easily customizable.
>>
File: get in here2.png (1 KB, 303x101) Image search: [Google]
get in here2.png
1 KB, 303x101
hostin
>>
>>343812442
It works.
>>
What happened
>>
keepin it alive
>>
File: 1434239703648.png (172 KB, 450x750) Image search: [Google]
1434239703648.png
172 KB, 450x750
>>343809768
Host I said and host I shall.

Get in here niggas.
>>
>>343800293
sure. other questions, ask
>>
>>343814234
full /v/ mode?
>>
File: 1459096772174.png (976 KB, 1920x3820) Image search: [Google]
1459096772174.png
976 KB, 1920x3820
>>343814234
For the newbies, a slightly outdated guide.
>>
>>343812442
open
>>
>>343812442
Open
>>
>>343814234
Bump.
>>
>>343814836
cool thanks dude
>>
File: 1451617270249.gif (2 MB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1451617270249.gif
2 MB, 500x283
>>343814234
Open again.
>>
>>343814234
Open yet again.
>>
>>343814234
Open
>>
>>343816916
ONE SEC
>>
cool crash
>>
>>343814234

of Draw Event
for object oArtifact6:

Variable oPrePlayer.item_value(100368, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_draw_item
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_draw_item (line 0)
gml_Object_oArtifact6_Draw_0

Niiiiiice. REOPENING.
>>
File: Recette1.jpg (32 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
Recette1.jpg
32 KB, 555x555
I forgot how annoying random crashes are in this
>>
>>343812442
done hostin for tonite. thx 4 joinin.
>>
>>343818762
thanks for hosting
>>
>>343795063
Ice Shards and the Electro Field Generator need to be put into "casuals pls go" tier, at least when playing in glass. They're both leagues better than the tesla coil.
>>
There any mega links for the updated version?
Do i need to actually buy the game now or can i still do multi with the pirated version?
>>
>>343820439
just buy it. It's 10 bucks dude and if you play it enough it's worth the money,
>>
>>343820694
no.
>>
>>343821837
oh ok
>>
>>343814234
Bumping for the usual Metrid carry.
>>
>>343822110
Fuck, just missed it
>>
>>343764064
It lasts longer if you hit stuff.
>>
yo is anyone hosting and open
>>
Where are the hosts?
>>
>>343823689
>>343823690
I'll host one more quick game. I gotta go here soonish, but I might host later tonight if there's a thread up.

Reopening for one final go around.>>343814234
>>
How do I git gud at this game? I have dumped a ton of hours into it and haven't unlocked anyone besides enforcer and always die on the second or third world
>>
>>343824230
See >>343798248
>>
>tfw I have over 200 hours in this game and I've never beaten it solo.
>>
Quality Hoodoo programing
>>
>>343824434
Oh, missed that. Thanks anon
>>
File: 1466131006338.gif (1 MB, 270x235) Image search: [Google]
1466131006338.gif
1 MB, 270x235
How people think the game is better with command on is beyond me.

You have a game where the replayability comes from the randomisation, where there are over a hundred items that can randomly spawn in groups or in chests that can make the game easier or be near useless, all by chance, where you are forced to change your playstyle depending on what you manage to get, where you still need to play well instead of relying on lucky drops, at least until you get them, IF you do...

...and then people just use the artifact where they can just choose the best fucking items, completely ignore anything "bad", and will win every single fucking time unless they do something really fucking stupid early on.

What the fuck is the point? The command artifact is clearly only made for people who wanna cheat and try out challenge runs, not for ordinary gameplay. It would be like taking binding of issac and allowing you to choose whatever fucking item you wanted in every single item room/boss room/shop. Fucking pointless.
>>
>>343824738
you and half of the people in these threads
why do you think the "meta" revolves around what are essentially cheat codes i mean aside from the fact that multiplayer is fucking broken
>>
>>343825673
You can still get wiped out pretty damn easily/quickly so long as you don't stack Hearts or an infinite amount of Chargefield/Frost Relics. In my opinion there's already plenty of replayability in the game as it is, putting Command on along with other relics just ensures that it's doable for everyone. If you want difficulty there's plenty of other games more suited to that than this.
>>
>>343825673
Looping. The game is nigh-impossible to loop without having the majority of people playing get wiped and having only 1-2 people left to carry. It's fantastic for those 1-2 people, but most people like their game to be a multiplayer experience, not a multi-spectator experience. With command, even if you do get wiped early on, a nearby drop during looping can put you back in the game - something that can almost never happen without command. Because of the leveling and the way the game scales, too, only a select few characters can even handle looping to begin with unless they luck out on items. So if you picked Acrid, HAN-D, Miner, Enforcer, etc. you're fucked the minute that first loop comes around - you need a very specific set of items to survive, and without them you'll just die instantly, over and over, until the game ends.
>>
>>343825673
originally it was born of a need to make multiplayer playable since theres no shared item pool/clientside loot so people would fight over items and ragequit after a wipe since there was no reasonable way to keep up with everyone if you died once
eventually people just kinda forgot that and the scrubs who cant beat the game without glass/command flooded in and thus things like >>343798248 this get posted on the regular
>>
>>343826903
Difficulty is not even the biggest point though. Nobody will pick the worse items ever. In the end, people will only use a couple of fantastic items, stack em, and the run is over.

Sure you can claim that people will not pick up OP items, but that's bullshit, because that's practically the entire point of command.

People here say "oh you need command because the game gets 2 hard 4 us with all these other artifacts" well, turn them off? "no because then the game is 2 easy and monsters take are 2 hard to kill" ...well, how about only use one or two artifacts to make it harder without butchering most of the game and taking away a large part of it "well no because /v/ actually fucking sucks at risk of rain and can't handle not getting what we want like fucking children"

it's pathetic

>>343827224
You're restricting yourself to only a few classes and a few items in a game where half the point is variety when you don't need to at all. Command shouldn't exist.
>>
>>343827418
You have to admit that without glass the game gets incredibly tedious, though. Not to mention MP is unplayable without it.
>>
>>343827418
i posted that, sorry if i'm a scrub - I used cmd to unlock chef and occasionally in monsoon.
>>
>>343827552
I've done so many solo runs and tedium is not something I ever experienced. I experienced challenge, but not tedium. Even if enemies have more HP for every player in multiplayer, you have multiple players. It shouldn't take much longer than normal.
>>
File: 1452658888963.gif (15 KB, 320x288) Image search: [Google]
1452658888963.gif
15 KB, 320x288
>>343824738
>tfw I've beaten it solo several times
>once with no artifacts
>once with all artifacts
>>
>>343827525
Command needs to exist because the "variety" in Glass is basically nonexistent. Without Command you're going to get basically everyone and their mother to pick either Bandit, Chef or Engineer about 90% of the time, since they're by far and away the most suited to that artifact.
>playing without glass
>2016
I seriously hope you don't actually do this, anon.
>>
>>343827879
>using glass
>using command
>making 90% of the game useless to yourself

shiggy diggy right back at you
>>
>>343827552
the game takes less than an hour to beat, its hardly tedious
people forget how important time management is and just want to grind it like an rpg because they take too long on each stage or skip too many items and by the third level everything is a beeftank and theyre doing piddly damage and theres no way to win
its frustrating, the game doesnt really tell you what you did wrong and nobody in these threads really helps anymore, and that sucks

>>343827571
its no a big deal, im just not a fan of telling people to cheese unlock requirements instead of learning how the game works, it undermines the entire purpose of the challenge presented
>>
>>343781118
>hold down attack to win
I believe you're faster if you tap, gotta stack speed increase for it to be noticeable though.
Speaking of which, is there a way to set up turbo on the X360 controller trigger?
>>
Anyone hosting a game?
>>
>>343827525
>You're restricting yourself to only a few classes and a few items in a game
No, you're restricting yourself if you DONT use command. pay attention, dumbass, I literally explained it in the post you're replying to. The game really hits its stride in the first few loops, when people are strong enough to handle monsters without having to constantly run away, but not strong enough they are practically immune to death. Without command, that doesn't happen, and most characters wipe, meaning you have to restrict yourself to only a few classes to have fun - WITHOUT command.
>half the point is variety
nah, most items wear out their welcome pretty early, shit like dead man's foot, while interesting, only really works when you have the HP to support it, and you aren't getting that HP unless you either play without glass - ISHYGDDT - or use
>infusion
the point of the game is challenging massive swarms of enemies and bosses, not pretending the game is Animal Crossing and cataloguing every item.

>>343827716
>I experienced challenge, but not tedium
I got bored of the "challenge" after alpha. Glass makes the runs go faster, which makes them more exciting, and because you can get 1-shot if you don't play nearly perfectly, it's a hell of a lot more challenging than 'run around for 30 seconds while egg heals you enough to re-enter combat and let tooth work'.
>Even if enemies have more HP for every player in multiplayer, you have multiple players. It shouldn't take much longer than normal.
It's obvious you've never played MP before and have no idea what you're talking about. How embarrassing for you. Quality™ Hotpoo coding means enemies are only consistent for the host, and will often times ignore damage taken, because on host's screen they're in a different position or something. Coupled with flying enemies teleporting around without a care in the world, and you have a chore, not a fun game.
>>
File: wheel.png (10 KB, 937x652) Image search: [Google]
wheel.png
10 KB, 937x652
Post them.
>>
>>343828292
DONT
USE
FUCKING
GLASS
>>
>>343828194
>the point of the game is to beat providence
see, that's where we have a fundamental disagreement. I don't think the game is about winning, I think it's about the looping. Glass makes looping fun and really lets the game shine. Without glass, looping gets tedious. I guess if you play the game from a 'boss kill = success' mentality, then no glass is fine, but I don't really enjoy playing like that. It's more fun to rush that first loop and get the cycle going.
>>
File: Gametime.png (12 KB, 761x549) Image search: [Google]
Gametime.png
12 KB, 761x549
>>343828365
>1 Bandit, Enforcer, and Miner game
>2 HAN-D and Huntress games
>8 Loader games
Jesus Metrid. Have an outdated wheel for me.
>>
>>343828615
good rebuttal. I feel sorry for you, being that ass-devastated with no counterargument to back up your opinion must really grate your nerves. How does it feel being in an eternal state of wrong? besides the rage, I mean. do you ever get depressed?
>>
>>343828798
>"You can only really use 3 characters or you lose"
>"You can only really pick top items (around 15% of items or you lose"
>"No, command makes the game LESS restrictive"

for fucks sakes. Just play the normal game without glass/command. Who the fuck cares if enemies take longer to kill. If the game is so easy to you, this shouldn't be an issue. They do not take nearly as long as people seem to think if people just work together.
>>
File: bandit-mains-are-scum.png (19 KB, 617x428) Image search: [Google]
bandit-mains-are-scum.png
19 KB, 617x428
>>
>>343828679
Sniper4lyef.
Nobody else can compare.
>>
>>343828365
>>
What do you guys mean by looping, going back to a previous level over and over instead of going to the ship to kill the end boss?
>>
>>343829824
yes
>>
>>343829072
> Who the fuck cares if enemies take longer to kill
pretending to be a retard isn't supporting your point, anon. Single player, no glass is fine. The issue is MP - enemies take longer because they don't take damage because of desync, they teleport around you, which is a pain in the ass because you spend more time running away than if you did have glass on, and flying enemies will just ignore your attacks, get in massive swarms, and be nearly impossible to kill if you're running from them without eating massively, many, many minutes into your time, in a game where every second counts. Of course, I don't expect a bandit main to understand enemy aggro. I'll try my best to give you a simple explanation - imagine if when you used smoke, the enemies still followed you. Wouldn't that be annoying to deal with, especially if the flying enemies all clustered together, teleporting around you? that's what other classes have to deal with.
>if the game is easy this shouldn't be an issue.
it's not an issue of challenge, it's an issue of tedium, you seem to have a brain tumor that prevents you from understanding. If I wanted tedium I'd play an MMO and farm to level cap.
>They do not take nearly as long as people seem to think if people just work together.
the problem is, unless host is part of that working together, the other players will have to deal with the same issues. also
>v
>not being every man for themselves

>"You can only really use 3 characters or you lose"
yes, that's how no command works. I know it's hard for bandit mains to comprehend, but that's a fact of the game.
>>"You can only really pick top items (around 15% of items or you lose"
no, most characters need a few certain items to get them off the ground so they can succeed. Otherwise, they can't survive the long haul. Once you have that set of 6 white items or so (wow, soooo restrictive) you can branch out. Again, bandit mains do not understand this.
>>
>>343761473
Loader needs to be S tier

Devs never bothered to work out collision detection on a straight line so the lightning rod attack actually creates a box of damage. Stick them on two opposite corners of a stage and you can damage every single enemy in play.

Buff your cooldown for shield enough and you become LITERALLY invincible. And I mean literally.
>>
File: 1452288942142.jpg (53 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1452288942142.jpg
53 KB, 403x403
>wanted to co-op with a friend online for the first time
>ready up on how to do it
What the fuck?
>>
>>343830139
Well then maybe the devs should fix the game.
>>
>>343830463
They should release a sequel desu.
>>
>>343830139
>Again, bandit mains do not understand this.
Bandit shitter here, all you really need to start with as Bandit are 2-3 hooves, a syringe, a medkit and a tooth. Everything else from that point on is basically just icing until you loop.
>>
>>343830139
>/v/
>every man for himself

this is why playing with /v/ is the worst fucking thing ever

its the same in every game
>>
Started playing like a week ago, after using Command I find myself stacking critical every time, it's really easy getting to 100% and after that, constant healing on attacks and virtually no CD ends up being kind of OP.
Is this any different in Monsoon and/or co-op.
>>
>>343830915
Not really.
>>
Can someone post the /v/ guide of risk of rain? I deleted it on mistake
>>
>>343833547
see >>343814836
>>
>>343833673
Shit i missed it, thanks.
>>
Anyone gonna host?
Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.