[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about FFXII?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 13213142131431.jpg (324 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
13213142131431.jpg
324 KB, 1280x1024
It's the only ff game I have ever invested more than 200 hours on.
What other ff games do you guys recommend for someone who likes XII?
>>
>>343755120
One of my least favorites.
FF12 was very meh. Decent story, but:

>the characters were all jumbled up and half weren't even developed,
>the battle system was slow and monotonous,
>the design had no sense of direction and side quests took FOREVER to finish
>the music wasn't all that interesting
>the graphics were just another shade of brown
>story = politics mumbojumbo, told in ye olde English for extra confusement

>What other ff games do you guys recommend for someone who likes XII?
the MMOs.
>>
Dunno which to recommend but I loved this game as a kid. Need to play it again for sure
>>
>>343755120
>What other ff games do you guys recommend for someone who likes XII?
11, maybe. I've only ever played a little, and on a buggy private server at that, but it's the only FF game that has any real common elements.
>>
Not played it, but I'll pick up the HD version.

The class system looks confusing, like it would be very easy to fuck yourself over
>>
>>343755120
FFT (obviously) and FFXV.
>free movement
>hunts
>big world
>real-world inspired locations
>shady godly beings
>historical butthurt
>political schemes
>exiled royals
>>
>>343755120
>Squandered potential: the game
>>
>>343755120
ff12 HD not on vita, I will have to wait for for the pc version...
>>
>>343756860
Not really, if you give it some thought. The game tells you what each class does, so obviously if you don't pick a single ranged or healing-capable character you only have yourself to blame.
>>
God-tier video game.
>>
>>343756403
>>343756730
weirdly enough, I don't like MMOs even though I love XII.
I didn't play it for the story/graphics, but for the big world/discovery elements of it. Something about exploring what was never explored before just felt really awesome to me.
the multiplayer thing in MMOs just kills that feeling for me

>>343757069
thanks, I'll try both of them.
>>
>>343755120

boring, so boring the rerelease had a speed up button, so boring that it had a secret boss that takes 2 hours to kill

and that's without mentioning the shitty MMO combat that get solved the instant you get a few tank friendly abilities like bubble and the one shift aggro, the bland character and the plot that goes nowhere and the stupid shit like the chest containing 1 random gil or that weapon you miss forever if you open one of these said random chest

it feels like people only like the game because the matsuno/sakimoto combo worked on it and they are the master of serious fantasy game who can do nothing wrong when in reality final fantasy tactics was the only good thing they ever did
>>
>>343758089
Well, XV comes out in September, but everything we know so far indicates they share some things in common. As a XIIfag, I'm very hype.
>>
>>343758332

oh and every boss has some bullshit where they get 3 times stronger the instant they are close to die so there is a lot "careful watch the HP bars so that you don't trigger the monster"

and that stupid mist thing with the roulette that to this day i don't even know what they were thinking

and the summon that you can't control

BUT IT'S OPEN WORLD! THAT MEANS IT'S GOOD! FUCK LINEAR GAME AMIRITE?
>>
>>343758503
>BUT IT'S OPEN WORLD! THAT MEANS IT'S GOOD! FUCK LINEAR GAME AMIRITE?
it's the only reason I'm able to like it anon
please don't take that away from me
>>
File: Great_Crystal_Map_Sketch.jpg (44 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
Great_Crystal_Map_Sketch.jpg
44 KB, 512x448
>>343758503

GUYS GUYS, WHAT IF THERE WAS A MAZE DUNGEON AND THE PLAYER DIDN'T HAVE A MAP? WOULDN'T THAT BE FUCKING HILARIOUS?
>>
>>343758637
Lean Sanskrit. Directions are literally spelled out to you.
>>
It's the usually the favorite Final Fantasy game among people who don't generally like the series. Take that as you will.
>>
>>343758637
WHAT IF WE MAKE EVERYTHING LOOK THE SAME IN EVERY DUNGEON AND MAKE THEM POINTLESSLY HUGE TOO WITH ZERO REWARDS FOR EXPLORING
>>
>>343755120
XI
>>
>>343758089
>but for the big world/discovery elements of it. Something about exploring what was never explored before just felt really awesome to me.
Is that so...? Time for some non-FF recommendations, then!
Easymode: Skies of Arcadia, Dragon Quest 8.
If you're a bad enough dude to kill the space president: Phantasy Star (the first game, 3 planets to explore. Three!)
>>
FFXII was good, but flawed.

FFXII IZJS is one of the greatest videogames ever made.
>>
>>343758865
I don't like the series but my favorite is FFX. That's entirely due to nostalgia though, without that the game itself sucks donkey dick and is impossible to enjoy when replaying it.
>>
>>343755120
The licence board in the original release was all sorts of retarded. I heard it was fixed in the Zodiac edition, so I might play it when the HD remaster comes out in the west.
>>
>>343758089
I probably should have read the thread before posting >>343759004

You can play XI like a single player game nowadays if you want. You get an NPC party (sadly no gambit system) and you can do most of the story content alone. It has a really big world to get lost in with tons of stuff you'll never see if you don't have 100 wiki tabs open, too
>>
>>343758865
I love the series and XII is my favorite.
>>
File: Img_field02_shiro_01.jpg (138 KB, 710x399) Image search: [Google]
Img_field02_shiro_01.jpg
138 KB, 710x399
>>343758089
Tbh senpai if you like exoloration you should really play Xenoblade chronicles X. The story might be shitty, but as far as i know no other game has topped it in terms of world design/exploration. Could be wrong there though.
>>
File: FF12_-_Mjrn_Model.png (146 KB, 253x887) Image search: [Google]
FF12_-_Mjrn_Model.png
146 KB, 253x887
>>343755120
>all those Viera qts
>that Seeq and Bangaa in Rabanastre who always having inane arguments
>the Gilgamesh fight
>the Judges' designs
>Vayne
>no random encounters

I liked it.
>>
I know 13 and 13.2 are shit but does they have good post game content?
>>
>>343761008
God damn Fran is so hot, at least when she isn't talking. Her helium-esque voice is an instant boner-kill.
>>
File: Gria vs Viera.png (71 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
Gria vs Viera.png
71 KB, 800x500
>>343760708
Gria were so much better than Viera, but they will never get a proper model and are stuck forever as sprites. No justice
>>
>>343759079
I find the job system in IZJS very restrictive.
>>
I'm thinking of what job to set everyone as
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.