[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great Games ignored in Franchises because it became shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (342 KB, 1450x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
342 KB, 1450x760
Great Games ignored in Franchises because it became shit
>>
I would only play an AC game if it was less than 5 bucks. After ACIII I vowed never again.
>>
>>343746367
Syndicate was as shit as Unity m8.

Still better than the boring shit that III was
>>
>>343746367
Dude, Syndicate was also shit.
>final boss forgets he has a dagger and gun for the last battle
>last battle is basically hold up on left analog and mash attack, the lasers are not even a threat
>female character who does nothing fixes all the "problems" caused by the male character
>unnecessary romantic non-plot between lead female character and the worst Assassin in history
>the worst parkour mechanics in the entire franchise
>remove multiplayer
>>
>>343746367
Gameplay-wise, Syndicate was a step down from Unity.
>>
>>343746367

Unity and Black Flag are the best ones, what are you on about

Eziofags kys
>>
>>343748338
Unity is tremendously underrated. Once you get past the admittedly horrible glitches (most of which have been patched), you find a game that looks beautiful and has some of the series' best stealth. The combat isn't half bad either.
>>
>>343748191
dont worry, you fit in now
>>
>>343749013
I played Unity like a year or so after the release, so most of the launch glitches, bugs and other shit was fixed and all the DLC was released
It was pretty fucking fun, especially when compared to 3
Also the pirate games are shit as Assassins Creed, might be good as standalones, but as Assassins Creed they suck
>>
>>343749013
True. I actually enjoyed Unity and never understood the hate.

Walking around Paris at night with a lantern was ultra comfy. They did the atmosphere right, on par with San Gimignano at night in AC2.

The time-travelling parts were fun too.

The only really weak part was the story. Arno had the means to be more charismatic and they really could do something with the Romeo and Juliet romance thing but they didn't capitalize on it.

Otherwise, atmosphere, gameplay and content are pretty solid.
>>
>>343746367
>the game where Ubisoft realized that their parkour was pathetically boring and poorly implemented, being as simple as holding a button and moving forward
>they straight up give you the ability to bypass most of it like an hour into the game
>Female protag is cute
>Falls madly in love with a stinky curry man that basically doesn't even have a character because Ubisoft can't write worth shit but needed a romance subplot
>Uplay
Got it for free with a new video card, uninstalled within an hour. Just the latest in a long line of uninspired shit, there are no truly good AC games aside from 2, 4 and Rogue.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.