[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just saw this movie with my family. I was really excited about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: ratchet and clank movie.jpg (655 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
ratchet and clank movie.jpg
655 KB, 1382x2048
I just saw this movie with my family. I was really excited about it because I really liked the game, and I thought this movie was garbage. It felt like a Chinese knock-off of a real movie.

Did anyone else see this disappointment?
>>
>>343670936
I didn't think it was bad. But I'm a huge fan and I just chocked any annoying moments up to executive meddling to make it accessible to non-fans.
>>
File: Girugamesh.png (122 KB, 452x391) Image search: [Google]
Girugamesh.png
122 KB, 452x391
>mfw sonyponys think their shit fur bait excuses for franchises are in any way shape or form anything other than complete and utter dirty brown water trash

Rehash bandisloot, shy pooper, ratshit and stank, ballsac and haxtar, isharted and so many other shitty franchises are complete ass and the only reason anyone thinks they're anything close to not the functional equivalent of a heaping mound of garbage is because they were the few games that took more than 20 minutes to beat among the mountain of shovel ware shit that got dumped on the wobbleststion 2 which is all you played with when you were kids because your family was to fucking poor to buy anything other than some two bit nip cuck mediocre DVD player

Fuck off faggots
>>
>>343670936
This movie was destroyed by feminism. The game did not have any empowered female characters in it, until the second installment.

And ofcourse Captain Quark being a charming buffoon, was reduced to an evil retard white male trash by removing any endearing traits from him whatsoever.
>>
>>343672430
I didn't think it was feminism. I think it was just low-energy trash. Like no one thought very hard about anything.

Why would you want your ship to be a giant magnet?
Why didn't the same magnetic power that made all of the soldier robots fly at the ship affect the captain robot.
How come when all the robots crash into the ship RIGHT ABOVE THE CITY, that it doesn't just fall into the city and kill people.
How come the dumb bitch holds the FLYING ROBOT THAT TRAVELS LITERALLY EVERYWHERE BY FLYING and threaten to drop it from a height, WHEN NO WHERE IT'S ESTABLISHED TO LOSE IT'S FLYING ABILITY.
How come when Ratchet is about to be sucked into the giant tornado, and his baseball card of Captain Quark falls off of him, it reaches Captain Quark instead of getting sucked into the Tornado.

It's like they literally didn't think about any of the decisions they made in this piece of trash.
>>
>>343672808
What's even weirder is what they DO put effort in. There seems to be alot of gratuitous sexual tail action in this movie. They really wanted to show off the work they did animating Ratchet's tail and each follicle of fur but all the robots and humans and aliens look like shit.
>>
File: FEMALE DIRECTOR.jpg (4 KB, 160x185) Image search: [Google]
FEMALE DIRECTOR.jpg
4 KB, 160x185
>>343670936
The one true problem with this film.
>>
>>343671240
>I just chocked any annoying moments up to executive meddling to make it accessible to non-fans.
Like what?
>>
File: silent-hill_e0584d.jpg (4 MB, 3504x2332) Image search: [Google]
silent-hill_e0584d.jpg
4 MB, 3504x2332
Why are good vidya movies so rare?
What are some other vidya movies you actually enjoyed?
>>
>>343674287
>What are some other vidya movies you actually enjoyed?
Super Mario Bros.
>inb4 muh inconsistencies.
That's right. It was made by good filmmakers, and included loose references to the main franchise without being restricted to it.
Kind of like how the biggest fan favorite Star Trek film is 2: Wrath of Khan and that was a screenplay written by experienced professionals who had never seen a single episode of Star Trek, and just wrote a movie about submarine voyagers IN SPACE. Some guys realized Khan from the Space Seed episode kind of fit the antagonist's description, and that was that, basically.
>>
>>343674287
Aside from watching Resident Evil WAY BACK, I have not seen a single vidya movie.

I don't care if they can be good, I just don't understand the point.
>>
>>343675190
>>343674640
Well, and I saw SMB too. Way before I even knew those were games. I liked it, but not sure if I'll ever rewatch it.
>>
>>343674287
Not even baiting: Angry Birds. I went in with no expectations other than Anthony Fantano's review of the shitty soundtrack and had a great time. Personally, it fully made up for Ratchet & Clank being terrible.
>>
File: 1465940138885.gif (415 KB, 480x238) Image search: [Google]
1465940138885.gif
415 KB, 480x238
>>343671958
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.