[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: RIP Geralt.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RIP Geralt.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>End of blood and wine
>main story finished
>bitter sweet ending
>contracts around toussaint are drying up
>not much left to do
>restore corvo bianco fully
>hang up all my armor sets
>go around the house and hang up all my swords
>drink with BB
>realise its finally over

I didnt expect it to be this sad.
>>
File: feels.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
>>343618082
witcher 3 post game depression claims another victim. FeelsBadMan
>>
>>343618082
Fuck that other shitty witcher thread with Reddit tier begging for a witcher 4. Game ended perfectly, it's time to rest the series and move on.

Post your endings cunts

>fate of ciri
>who rules skellige
>who rules the north
>fate of olgierd
>fate of detlaff and Regis
>fate of the syanna and Anna
>>
>>343618194
Its so sad, from that smile geralt gives you at the end credits until youve hung all your painting and trophies, hung up all your swords and armor and just lay there with [insert chosen girl here]. The ending is perfect.

>>343618296
>>fate of ciri
witcher
>>who rules skellige
the chick who wasnt a retard
>>who rules the north
nilfgaard
>>fate of olgierd
saved him from the devil and got a cool sword i still use
>>fate of detlaff and Regis
detlaff dead after trying to kill synna and failing, regis retired to nilfgaard
>>fate of the syanna and Anna
syanna survived detlaff unfortunately, wanted her to pay for her crimes against him. She survived and then killed her sister before being killed herself.

Bittersweet as fuck
>>
>>343618194

This, I haven't been able to commit to playing another game fully for two weeks now since I completed The Witcher 3. I've tried about 4-5 other games, laid them aside, watching some anime and just not bothered with vidya. Fuck.

>>343618501

I chose the exact same with the exception of Ciri becoming Empress.
>>
>>343618194
It's been pretty effective for me, haven't touched a Vidya since I finished B&W.
>>
>>343618296
>fate of ciri
Witcher
>who rules skellige
Svanrige. I just wish a Place of Power wasn't locked behind choosing Cerys.
>who rules the north
Milfgaard.
>fate of olgierd
Alive.
>fate of detlaff and Regis
Detlaff dead. He's a true monster and will only kill more. My only regret is that Regis has to shoulder the burden of being hated by all vampirekind. If there was only another way to kill Detlaff for good.
>fate of the syanna and Anna
Both alive and reconciled. As Syanna said, "[I] really want that happily ever after."
>>
>>343618808
>>343618772
Guys help, i have only a week off until i go back to what is certain to be another year of non stop work. I finished BaW the last 2 days and want to make the most of my time but i cant bring myself to play another game
>>
>>343618296
>>343618501
>>343618821
Empress Ciri is best ending, fits in with the setting.

Witcher Ciri is fanfic garbage tier.
>>
>Witcher ciri ending is really nice in main game ending
>Witcher ending in B&W breaks the lore of the game
>>
>>343618821
>Both alive and reconciled. As Syanna said, "[I] really want that happily ever after."

>letting a girl who murdered several knights after manipulating a higher vampire and causing him to sperg out and then kill half the city live happily ever after with the sibling whos heart she planned to tear out
>>
>>343618909
Nah mate, your opinion is absolute garbage.

Ciri "dying" and Geralt killing the final Crone "fits in with the setting" the best. Her being crowned Empress is the epitome of fanfiction garbage.
>>
>>343618997
But in that ending, Geralt is a shitty parent
>>
>>343618996
All I did was talk to Syanna, tell her to forgive her sister, and tell Anna that Syanna had a reason for being such a shithead. No "letting a murderer go" going on there, anon.
>>
>>343618296
Witcher
Cerys
Emhyr
He's alive
Detlaff is dead, Regis had to move out
Both dead

I'm happy with the outcomes.
>>
>>343619074
Geralt IS a shitty parent.
>>
>>343618904
That was my case too anon, once you start working you won't feel the need to play games any longer.
>>
Am i the only guy who doesnt feel bad for anna dying? She was a cunt half the time insulting you then refused to hand over her sister to stop half her city being slaughtered. I just didnt care much when she tried to embrace the person who plotted her murder and then got killed. Cared even less when i watched the alternate ending where she mourns syannas death and gets angry when you show her proof of her plotting to kill her, angry to the point of making you bury the evidence and let all remember syanna as a wonderful person.

Syanna had to die along with detlaff but im not exactly sad anna went with them desu
>>
>>343618194
Don't worry, Geralt will return in Cyberpunk as the Cyber Witcher
>>
>>343619085
does the happy ever after ending just end with them making up and ruling together or do they forgive each other then syanna faces the gallows?

>>343619154
I havent played games in so long, i finished the witcher last year in november, i got round to the dlc packs just now. My limited game time is pretty much purely devoted to the witcher and now that its done im finding it hard to muster the will power to start something new
>>
>>343619209
Both sisters are complete cuts, but at least syanna let you 0 gravity cloud fuck her in the magical fairy tale land
>>
>>343618296

Empress
Cerys
Emyhr
Alive
Dead, Regis is fine
Both alive and reconcilied
>>
>>343619371
Scene was out of place. Was a
>oh shit we need a sex scene
moment and felt force
>>
>>343619371
she gave you a fucking vinyard
ingrat
>>
>>343618997
how do you kill the final crone
>>
>>343619634
You dont, she gets away unless you had the ending where ciri dies in the frost. Geralt then tracks down the last crone and fights her and dies there
>>
>>343619634
the worst ending
>>
>>343619734
>>343619734

oh i got the witcher ending

hmm
>>
>>343619578
>threatens to execute someone because they lost some wine
>Thinks tracking and killing a higher vampire is like sending some dogs to hunt a deer and insults Geraldo because he hasn't killed something that could raise the entire city to the ground in a night yet
Fucking cunt
>>
>>343619850
>wine dude decides to make some money on the side
>completely clueless as to its involvement with a plot to kill knights and eventually the duchess
>she sends him to rot in a hole after threatening to behead him

too harsh

>>Thinks tracking and killing a higher vampire is like sending some dogs to hunt a deer and insults Geraldo because he hasn't killed something that could raise the entire city to the ground in a night yet

Do you have the dialogue options for all the choices here? I wanted to act a cunt but expected it to end in my death like in the witcher 2 so i just did smart ass
>>
>doing this quest will make it so you can't finish certain quests
>"this is just like the Kaer Morhen fight, like the half way point"
>4+ hours later
>no reason to get Manticore armor
>"wink, game's over, THANKS
>only a couple quests left, roaming around Toussaint begging for contracts and quests
>Decide Witcher 3 is over after wandering the map for 10 hours looking for Witcher's work and only finding invisible walls

I've never felt so retarded.
>>
>>343619997
I don't remember them exactly

I went with the "need I remind you the difference between a higher vampire and a deer" or whatever the actual line was

>Everyone in the room,including Anna, just shuts up, stunned for a second because of the line and his smug smile after
>Anna starts yelling about how you would be executed here if detlaff wasn't around killing knights
It was great
>>
>>343620226
>going to start that mission
>screen pops up telling me
>i accidentally close it straight away and didnt read it
>start the mission with half damaged swords
>by the time i reach the fairy tale world theyre almost destroyed
>fight detlaff and a hundred other vampires across the city

FUCK WHY DID I READ IT.
>>
>>343620309
yeah i went with that. Not a pleasant character and her death didnt bother me one bit. More annoyed that regis can never return to touissant because he had to put down a raging r9k autist
>>
>Books tells us monsters are rare

Would have preferred to fight a lot more humans making the monster encounter that much more exciting. Monsters next to the entrance of towns made no sense. would rather chop down wave upon wave of varying armored and weapon wielding bandits than face monsters over and over
>>
>>343620326
Happened to me too. I didn't expect that to be the end at all. I felt annoyed, but they also warned me. But they kind of lubed us up with Kaer Morhen being hardly the beginning of the end.
>>
>>343620525
I wish i had gotten the manticore too, the clipping of the grandmaster feline hood was doing my head in but didnt expect i would be stuck in mission for the next several hours. I still have half the side missions and points of interests left at least.
>>
>those areas where the weather instantly changes to spooky storm clouds

I would rather have them only accessible during a storm than this shit. Riding past it and going from sunny to gloom to sunny is shit
>>
>>343620728
The Wolf armor has some of the worst clipping I've seen in a modern game, and that was just Mastercrafted.

It had been a year since I played TW3 when I started the expansions and I wasn't sure if it was a glitch because of the expansions being installed or if it was always like that.
>>
>>343620832
The armor sets in this game didnt make much sense. I went the feline route because i like light armor with sword play yet each level looked to get heavier and heavier until it looked as heavy as all other classes. Made no sense. Would rather them boost the stats but keep the look the same so it makes sense, the only one that makes sense is ursine as its meant to be a big fat bear armor.

That and witcher armor making all other armor and swords useless (sans areondight and iris)
>>
Goodbye Geralt, it was a blast
>>
File: witcher 3.png (79 KB, 1869x540) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3.png
79 KB, 1869x540
Witcher 3 is shit, we've settled this
>>
I haven't played the Witcher 3 since launch and am considering going back in for another spin.
Are there any good mods that make the combat not so boring?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.