[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /v/, I've been playing this here geimu and I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hey, /v/, I've been playing this here geimu and I've been having a blast.

The lack of necessary grinding to progress, the almost ever present and imaginative stage hazards, the healthy variation in mission objectives, the wide variety of characters with their own unique skillsets, the pretty adequate challenge level when playing on Hard (you can fuck up at a moment' s notice, when facing bosses or powerful stage hazards), the character combat link system, the non grindy crafting system and the presence of side missions out the ass (that eliminate the need for grinding alltogether, if you take your time to play through them) and some other minor things like unique leader abilities for each character and character challenges/achievements that provide gameplay bonuses make this game a true pleasure to play.

The only real negative aspect I can think of is the lack of ability to create personalized rank-and-file soldiers with custom skillsets.

Now, I'm not really interested in weeaboo games, since I play mostly wRPGs and SRPGs, and don't give two fucks about the jRPG genre, but this game got me thinking: is it worth checking out the upcoming Nep PC game, if I loved Hyperdevotion?

I don't really care about the story or the characters, especially since the English translation made Neptune into a meme-spouting, cringeworthy whore, but how do the other Nep games, including the upcoming one, compare to Hyperdevotion gameplay wise? Are they your run-off-the-mill jRPG grindfests or do they feature gameplay mechanics that would make them enjoyable to wRPG/SRPG enthusiasts?
>>
>>343608825
Nobody here plays this? Really? I just saw a thread about this game yesterday.
>>
>>343610081
did we play the same game?

>but how do the other Nep games, including the upcoming one, compare to Hyperdevotion gameplay wise? Are they your run-off-the-mill jRPG grindfests or do they feature gameplay mechanics that would make them enjoyable to wRPG/SRPG enthusiasts?
They play like JRPGs. Hyperdevtion is a spinoff SRPG and is considered to be one of the worst by the Neptuina fanbase

my list of issues I saved as a text file:
*Lily system makes the game too broken (seriously, I can launch an AoE nuke on turn 1 if I have enough people)
*Can't control your movement so you can fall down pits/into traps and end your turn
*very gimmicky level layout
*Sim Noire/requests seem pointless since I get no reward
*revival means that the person is revived at the starting spawn area
*having to be of a certain elemental affinity just to open chests
*unable to throw allies
*CDs being even more useless than normal
>>
>>343610452
*Cheesy OP debuffs
Bugsplat every boss like a madman for easy wins
>>
>>343608825
I want to play this game but I keep hearing the gameplay is shit and I only care about getting Noise to tsun all over me.

Should I just watch all the cutcenes on youtube instead?
>>
>>343610452
So the other Nep games are just regular grindy jRPGs?

>Can't control your movement so you can fall down pits/into traps and end your turn
You can't control it square-by-square, but you can control it partially by changing orientation.

>very gimmicky level layout
What does that even mean?

>Sim Noire/requests seem pointless since I get no reward
It's just meaningless character related weeaboo bullshit that I, personally, don't even read.

>revival means that the person is revived at the starting spawn area

So revival is actually punished? How is that a bad thing?

>having to be of a certain elemental affinity just to open chests
You can view the chest affinities before the start of battle and change your elemental crystals as well, so I don't see it as some sort of problem. If the game makes you choose between being more effective in combat via well-tuned affinities and collecting all the loot, I consider that as a pro.

>unable to throw allies
People would call it a Disgaea rip-off then, but I would like to see that implemented in this game as well.

All in all, apart from the potentially overpowered lily boosts, there aren't that many actually meaningful complaints about this game. It's a near-perfect SRPG gameplay wise and I've played a fuckton of games in the genre.
>>
>>343611960
>>Sim Noire/requests seem pointless since I get no reward
>It's just meaningless character related weeaboo bullshit that I, personally, don't even read.
You're missing the best part of the game
>>
>>343611094
>Should I just watch all the cutcenes on youtube instead?
If you're playing this for the story, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>343612762
I'd play this game in particular for Noire.
>>
>>343612823
That's pretty hilarious, since the so called "Neptune fanbase" considers her a shit.
>>
>>343612224
>It's just meaningless character related weeaboo bullshit that I, personally, don't even read.
>You're missing the best part of the game
>best part of the game

shit taste anon
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.