[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's that time again: How's your game coming along,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: KIMONODRAGON.jpg (335 KB, 705x1024) Image search: [Google]
KIMONODRAGON.jpg
335 KB, 705x1024
It's that time again:
How's your game coming along, anon?
>Duplicate file exists edition
>>
File: freezingstuff.webm (2 MB, 598x359) Image search: [Google]
freezingstuff.webm
2 MB, 598x359
Posting again because old thread is almost ded.
Still missing some effects here and there.
Freezing enemies doesn't push them, but you can stand on them.
>>
File: Wayside.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Wayside.webm
3 MB, 960x540
Reposting this in case someone has a similar question.

>>343596993
>In terms of implementation difficulty, is adding a vertical dimension to gameplay significantly more difficult?
It is for assets, which is no doubt the biggest barrier of entry for most. Making 3D assets is not impossible, and it definitely gets easier the more you do it, but it is an investment all in itself. Blender is going to feel like alien technology, so learn important keybinds, and know that 3D modelling is mostly making vertexes and connecting them by pressing F. Figure 3D modelling out, and your toolset expands immensely.

>Is a quality computer necessary for developing a quality game?
It sure as fuck helps. Not just to make a higher-quality 3D world, but also compiling and other CPU-heavy aspects. In Unity, I have a Scene View and a Game View of the game, so that means everything is basically rendered twice as I work.

>Also, how frequent are these threads?
We have these pretty much everyday now. I consider myself more of an art guy than a programmer, but this stuff isn't rocket science. You just have to have the will to figure it out. That's it.

Also, see this: >>343595942
>>
>>343598125
>sorry for the image
nigga that's a perfect image.
>>343598691
This really reminds me of empire of Ants for some reason. Is it basically just a jRPG or is is real time combat switching between the party?
>>
File: battleprogress.webm (2 MB, 588x324) Image search: [Google]
battleprogress.webm
2 MB, 588x324
>>343598862
It's a paper mario inspired RPG, still barebones but doing progress slowly.
>>
>>343599427
Damn, I love the battle menu.
If bugs are your protagonists what are the antagonists?
So is all of the animation just from scans of sketches?
>>
File: ladybug family wip.png (130 KB, 1075x490) Image search: [Google]
ladybug family wip.png
130 KB, 1075x490
>>343599919
I don't want to spoil much but the there are many other bug NPCs in the game.
Also I sometimes draw sketches on paper to use as placeholders, then I draw a better animation digitally (which is still placeholder).
>>
...you know there's >>>/vg/agdg right?

I know it's a bit circlejerky but there's a ton of cool games being made there.
>>
>>343600315

True, but these threads help out those just trying to get their foot in the door just as much as devs posting webms are here to show stuff they're working on. Devs can help out the passerby interested in getting into gamedev themselves.
>>
>>343598861
That looks fucking cool.
>>
>>343600315
/agdg/ is seriously shit unless it's demo day
>>
>>343600315
Too circlejerky desu senpai
>>
>>343601540

Thanks man. Last year I made a build of it, themed around Christmas. You can play it here, and find me on Steam if you like it. Currently working on more levels and such.

https://codybean1.itch.io/christmas-satellite
>>
How do I git gud at Unity
I have something boring to play, but don't know where to go with it now
>>
>>343602239
What exactly do you want to do?
Whatever it is, the only option is to learn to code better. Just keep trying.
>>
>>343602239
https://kat.cr/coursera-learn-to-program-crafting-quality-code-university-of-toronto-t12790421.html
>>
>>343602815
>https://kat.cr/coursera-learn-to-program-crafting-quality-code-university-of-toronto-t12790421.html
Export it to webgl and post it in a google drive folder
You can host webgl games in google drive
>>
>>343604089
>webgl games
Think you got the wrong post, friend guy. That link is for lecture videos
>>
>>343598125
Please stick with the original image and text.
This is how highlight filters work so next time wait for the other thread to die. I won't bump since it's late and the thread won't survive long.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.