[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the real deal with this guy. He made some top
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Kojima.jpg (123 KB, 1391x844) Image search: [Google]
Kojima.jpg
123 KB, 1391x844
So what's the real deal with this guy. He made some top tier games that will forever be known and praised aside from a few mediocre games. He really just turned the series on his head with 4 and V, some love it and others hate it with a burning passion. So why is there so much hate for Kojima? He made games that will forever be regarded as some of the best games that are ever made. Why exactly is he a hack like so many people here have come to agree on?
>>
He's the Dostoevsky of our time.
>>
I don't know what happened, but I know that MG 1 through MGS 3 were perfect for their time story-wise (even if not gameplay wise in some cases, namely MGS 2) and then when it got to MGS 4 the story became complete and utter shit.

It's possible it has something to do with that other lead writer that was involved in the games before they went to shit, it's possible it's just Kojima losing his damn mind.

Either ways, it's irrelevant. He's still a pretty good game developer, MGS V was a pretty great game. Just don't expect a good story from him anymore. He has fallen hard in that department.
>>
>>343560561

Because MGS V is the disappointment of the decade
>>
>>343560960
>then when it got to MGS 4 the story became complete and utter shit.
fuck you and your kind.
MGS4 literally fucking FIXED everything MGS2 almost ruined / wasn't done too well.

Also, it's just annoying that people totally skip MGS:PW in these discussions. It was the original "MGS5", and definitely did a lot better job at it. Easily belongs to the top-3 MGS games of all time.
>>
kojimas games are fine. the fans and the culture surrounding him is annoying as shit though. i cant wait for death stranding to take 5 years to develop and still not come out finished, and in 2021 we see him at E3 again to show another bullshit game this time for PS5.
>>
>>343560561
Kojima's studio makes really great games and he has a great cowriter. There's a lot of really cool stuff in his games despite them all being based on assembled bits of old American media. They're generally great experiences, even on handheld.

That said, Kojima is completely out of his mind now. He is going to be walking around in public with handfuls of his own feces in his hands in a couple years, singing show tunes at the top of his lungs. Just you watch.
>>
>>343560561
I thought 4 was the weakest he has been, especially in regards to writing. Not everything someone makes is going to be golden
>>
>>343560561

>http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Tomokazu_Fukushima

Hmmm, I wonder.
>>
>>343560960
I thought he didn't even want to make 4 or anything after that, but Konami pretty much forced him to.
>>
If MGSV had better characters and bosses it would have been an A+, despite being unfinished. The gameplay would have been good enough to make it into a fucking amazing stealth/adventure game alone. It's just a shame they had to shoehorn in a half-assed story with repetitive as fuck side-missions.

How much does the average MGS fan care about the story? Is that one of the biggest parts of the games? btw I only played MGS5 and MGS2.
>>
>>343561789
MGS4 is a passive aggressive response to the idiots who didnt understand MGS2, because he felt like Solid Snake's story was done after MGS2. Its very much going through the motions and pandering to fan expectations so it feels very hollow.

Peace Walker and MGSV revitalized his interest in the series because he found new ways to innovate the gameplay and explore more of Big Boss' story
>>
>>343560960
>I don't know what happened, but I know that MG 1 through MGS 3 were perfect for their time story-wise

Konami happened.

Kojima seems to have suggested that he did not intend to expand on the MGS story post MGS1 and MGS2.

But, Konami weren't willing to drop it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.