[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mighty No 9 It's another example that producers and game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: akbingo-15th-sept-2.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
akbingo-15th-sept-2.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
Mighty No 9 It's another example that producers and game designers can't run companies. 9 times out of 10 they fuck up everything.

They are incompetent when it comes to running a company

Look at Kojima, the less Konami had control over his work the more stupid his games were becoming. Konami usually gave a free check plus accepted over 5 delays and still Kojima was not happy. He wanted more and more and now that he don't have any boss, you will use how awful his next game will me.
>>
>>343528458
>Mighty No 9 It's another example that producers and game designers can't run companies.

>OP is talking about the fucking video game industry
>Where 90% of the legendary devs today started their own fucking companies out of garages

It's like finding a rotting apple on the ground and assuming the whole fucking orchid is bad.
>>
>>343528458
>9 times out of 10 they fuck up everything.

9 times out of 10, companies fail.

Actually it's more like 29 times out of 30.

Companies fail for a magnitude of reasons, game designers aren't especially bad.

>Look at Kojima, the less Konami had control over his work the more stupid his games were becoming.

Look at Kojima. Sony gave him a blank fucking cheque and people can't buy enough PS4s now, and all they did was fucking post a music video.
>>
>>343529332
>>Where 90% of the legendary devs today started their own fucking companies out of garages

You retard, 99,9% of game companies CEOs and executives are not gamers or at best they play 1 hour a week

You really think Bundgie or Turn 10 boss play games? They play the final product for 1 hour just for the press conference
>>
>>343529475
>Companies fail for a magnitude of reasons, game designers aren't especially bad.

You put an artist to run a record label, the record label will either bankrupt or they will hire a good executive to do the job

99% of the time game companies fail because game devs are stupid when it comes to managing resources.
>>
File: 1435643734318.jpg (78 KB, 376x400) Image search: [Google]
1435643734318.jpg
78 KB, 376x400
>>343529580
>You retard, 99,9% of game companies CEOs and executives are not gamers

99","9%, eh?

Well if most CEOs aren't legendary developers/gamers then why do we always get the, "The reason why 50% of the presenters on stage aren't women are because these are all legendary developers who established themselves in the industry"?

>You really think Budgie
I'll assume you meant Bungie
>play games?

I fucking know Bungie plays games. You're spouting nonsense like a rattled fanboy who just had a passerby mock his fucking handheld or some shit and now you can't let the angst go, so you babble and shit.
>>
>>343529854
>>343529580

I would like to see your sources for these, "99%" figures you keep posting like a retard.
>>
>>343529891
>I fucking know Bungie plays games

I'm talking about Pete Parsons. He don't even know how to use mspaint

Harold Ryan was a fucking game tester like anyone in this world can be a game tester, even people with autism.

If you are going to comment without reading, you better back off to r.eddit and stay there.
>>
>>343530195
>>343528458
I love it when some illiterate fuck tries to assert the way he views the world.
>>
>>343530028
Kenzo Tsujimoto play or develop games? no
Hideki Hayakawa play or develop games? no
Alan Hartman play or develop games? no (his last games was released in 1998)
Evan Wells play or develop games? no
>>
>>343530195
>>343530735
>Five examples
>Out of literally thousands
>THOUSANDS
>Most of the examples DO play video games, just not as religiously as a gamer because they actually have fucking careers to tend to

Keep broadcasting how fucking ignorant you are, kid.
>>
>>343531089

Tell me a company that the CEO is a active game developer/designer/programmer

John Romero another example of a failed game designer trying to run his own company.
>>
>>343531089
>>Out of literally thousands
Yves Guillemot doesn't play or develop
Peter Moore
Andrew Wilson
Christofer Sundberg

the list goes on forever
>>
File: 1451422239347.jpg (83 KB, 415x503) Image search: [Google]
1451422239347.jpg
83 KB, 415x503
>>343531407
>Tell me a company that the CEO is a active game developer/designer/programmer

I can't, because CEOs are too fucking busy to develop games/play video games/even get a decent amount of sleep.

Unless they're a start up, in which case the "CEO" has to fucking do most, if not all jobs, by themselves.

What part of this are you struggling to understand? Is it a time thing? Do you realize how structuring a day to fit a schedule works, or do your parents just sort of lay your clothes out for you to wear the day before and cart you around everywhere without a care?

>>343531848
>Literally thousands
>Thinks changing 5 to 8 will make a difference
>>
>>343532192
>I can't, because CEOs are too fucking busy
making sure the game doesn't suck and game programmers, designers and producers don't waste money
>>
>>343532518
>making sure the game doesn't suck

Oh so now you're in FAVOUR of CEOs? lol
Or are you honestly illiterate and meant to not defend CEOs there?
>>
>>343528458
>now that he don't have any boss, you will use how awful his next game will me.

What is this, a seizure? Am I watching someone dying while typing?

Are you OK, OP?
>>
>>343532694
No my friend, I'm not sure if you read the first post I made

>>343528458
>They are incompetent when it comes to running a company

= game producers, programmers, designers can't be CEO

I'm not sure where did you read that I think CEOs suck

I said that game programmers, designers and producers when they try to run their own companies, they fuck up.
>>
>>343532694
Another example, I said that when Konami had control over Kojima, his games were good.

After Metal Gear 4 he started to get more and more independent and Konami basically gave him whatever he wanted until the point of delaying a game 4-5 times and wasting money to the extreme.

Game producers (like him) need a boss. They can't run their own companies.
>>
>>343532959
>No my friend, I'm not sure if you read the first post I made

I did. I'm not sure if you know what the four numbers in the bottom right corner of each thread means.

How can someone know if a video game sucks or doesn't suck unless they play video games?

I know you're going to stroke out and post more jibberish, but I can only hope you'll understand why you're considered to be such an incoherent, illogical mess.

>I said that game programmers, designers and producers when they try to run their own companies, they fuck up.

And when women wear sexy clothing, they get raped.

Notice how I didn't say shit like, "every time women wear sexy clothing" or, "all of them will be raped."

Language is a fascinating thing, isn't it? I hope you come to understand it some day.

>After Metal Gear 4 he started to get more and more independent and Konami basically gave him whatever he wanted until the point of delaying a game 4-5 times and wasting money to the extreme.

Peace Walker is better than 4 in almost every imaginable way, so your info is fucking wrong there champ. Not to mention you're entirely ignoring the whole situation Konami was going through the past couple of years. Things make more sense when you have ALL of the information available to you, champ!
>>
>>343534102
>Peace Walker is better than 4

Peace Walker was developed at the same time of Solid 4.

http://archive.is/Z0p8U

I just proved (again) I'm right.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.