[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Warhammer 40k games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: purging intensifies.gif (65 KB, 223x199) Image search: [Google]
purging intensifies.gif
65 KB, 223x199
I recently beat Warhammer 40k: Space Marine and I want more, but I'm not really a huge fan of RTS. Are there any other WH40k gems out there?
>>
>there will never be an isometric Inquisitor RPG set in a sprawling multi-tiered hive complex where you root out heresy and corruption
>there will never be a Republic Commando style Deathwatch FPS where you command a quirky squad of marines all from different backgrounds as you go on missions
>There will never be a GTA clone set on Commoragh where you backstab your way to the top of the faction of your choice: Kabal, Coven or Arena while periodically going on realspace raids
>There will never be a Feral Ork survival game where you begin as a lowly pack of Feral Orks on an established world and gradually take over the wilds while building up your distinct klan and kulture until you start wiping out the local population and scavenging their tech to make your own, culminating with being picked up by a passing waagh
>there will never be a Webway Metroidvania where you play an aspect warrior braving the twisting pathways of the web as you struggle to settle on the chosen destiny of your liking and cycle between aspect shrines
>there will never be a planetary governor city simulator where you manage a world and its resources and people. Organize tithes for the administratum, root out heresy and uprising and combat external threats as you try to keep the machine running
>there will never be a Payday style co-op FPS where you play as a squad of Arbites busting into dens of crims and heretics and going DREDD on their asses.
>there will never be a diablo 1 style ARPG set on mars where you play a techpriest delving layer by layer into the heart of Mars gradually claiming better and better ancient technology as you combat the mechanical horrors within.
>there will never be a 40k Smash clone with all the big names taking part
>there will never be an Ork Kart.
>>
File: 1462779427741.png (14 KB, 598x621) Image search: [Google]
1462779427741.png
14 KB, 598x621
>>343480329
>he doesn't like dawn of war
>>
File: 1441056572293.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1441056572293.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>343480329
>not liking Dawn of War
>>
Do you dislike strategy in general or just Real time? If its just real time then theres space hulk, Armageddon, and chaos gate.
>>
File: tumblr_mefrmcwcWX1rzvz5mo1_400.png (109 KB, 391x385) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mefrmcwcWX1rzvz5mo1_400.png
109 KB, 391x385
>>343481039
I'll try out those games, then. RTSs like Starcraft just aren't fun for me, it's basically work and I play games for fun.

>>343480568
I would like it... if it was more some of the games that this guy >>343480468
was talking about.
>>
File: ultramarine.jpg (730 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ultramarine.jpg
730 KB, 1366x768
Are you me OP?

I did the same thing. I bought Space Marine and now I want more!

I was looking at Eternal Crusade, but can't decide if it's worth $40?

Does anyone have any experience with Eternal Crusade?
>>
>>343481893
from what I see here it looks good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eFOotU3QBY

It looks like a Space Marine-esque MMO?
>>
>>343481893
I wouldn't get Eternal crusade yet there's still a bunch of bugs and server problems with the game so wait for the beta or something
>>
>>343481893
>>343482119

after looking at the steam reviews, I have decided it would be best to wait until they develop more the game.

>no orks

>no tyrannids

'nids are the reason I got into the warhammer franchise, and the heresy memes are why I stayed
>>
Dawn of War series the games I really play on pc just because of 40k. Space Marine was decent on console
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.